Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Jesus Christ Is God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is God (2853 Views)

Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / No One Can Overcome Sin Without Losing His Life.life With Christ Is Everything. / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Everything you say is out of place. It does not matter if Moses or Jesus Christ were God's of their own or if they were made God's. That's not even an argument. Why do you think it's even important. At least it seems you are slowly coming around and you can now see that Jesus Christ is God.
I don't have a problem if Moses was made a God. A son of a God would become a God. So I don't see your point. The bible says we are heirs so we inherit God's nature. We also would become like him. So what's your point.

If we're all sons of God and the son of God will become a God then that makes all humans Gods shey? smiley

Well the point here is clear there's a difference between father and child so all other intelligent beings are demigods the one and only true God is JEHOVAH! wink

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If we're all sons of God and the son of God will become a God then that makes all humans Gods shey? smiley

Well the point here is clear there's a difference between father and child so all other intelligent beings are demigods the one and only true God is JEHOVAH! wink
You keep bringing up this your demigod doctrine.
You say there is a difference between the father and the child but you forget that the children grow up to become Fathers. That is what it means to be God's heirs. Again Jesus Christ is the true Jehovah
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

You keep bringing up this your demigod doctrine. You say there is a difference between the father and the child but you forget that the children grow up to become Fathers. That is what it means to be God's heirs. Again Jesus Christ is the true Jehovah

If Adam was created in God's image does that make Adam Jehovah? Genesis 1:26

Well the Bible called Adam God's Son too {Luke 3:38} perhaps he has grown up to become Jehovah! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=121579371]

No it does not mean that Adam is Jehovah. What does Adam have to do with this?

Well the Bible called Adam God's Son too {Luke 3:38} perhaps he has grown up to become Jehovah! : Jesus Christ was Jehovah from day one. He is the Jehovah in the old testament. You claim to be his witness but you don't know who you witness?
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Well the Bible called Adam God's Son too {Luke 3:38} perhaps he has grown up to become Jehovah! cheesy

Trinity tampered with the brain of Christendom's sheeples. grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Jesus Christ was Jehovah from day one. He is the Jehovah in the old testament. You claim to be his witness but you don't know who you witness?

1 Corinthians 3:23
"And You belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God"

According to tctrill's doctrine:
Tctrill's and and everyone is Jehovah of his old Testament. grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Janosky:

1 Corinthians 3:23
"And You belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God"

According to tctrill's doctrine:
Tctrill's and and everyone is Jehovah of his old Testament. grin grin
No, not everyone just Christ. Learn to pay attention.
And thanks for the verse you quoted. Even the verse you quoted tells you that you belong to Christ. He is your Lord and God just as Thomas declared.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

According to tctrill's doctrine & 1 Corinthians 3:23 exposition
Every person belongs to Christ therefore person is Jehovah.
Nah him talk am, but him wan change tune. grin
grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

And thanks for the verse you quoted. Even the verse you quoted tells you that you belong to Christ. He is your Lord and God just as Thomas declared.

Our relationship with Christ= Christ relationship with God.
Your lies have found you out.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
Janosky:

Our relationship with Christ= Christ relationship with God.
Your lies have found you out.
What is this one saying. If our relationship with Christ equals our relationship with God, then Christ equals God. Simple primary school maths
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
Janosky:

According to tctrill's doctrine & 1 Corinthians 3:23 exposition
Every person belongs to Christ therefore person is Jehovah.
Nah him talk am, but him wan change tune. grin
grin
Bro if you have a problem with attention or understand, leave the discussion for MaxInDHouse. Now in case you did not understand, Jesus Christ is the only Jehovah. Jehovah is his name. His father is not Jehovah. Do you understand now. Please if you are having comprehension problems Just follow the thread without commenting.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Jesus Christ was Jehovah from day one. He is the Jehovah in the old testament. You claim to be his witness but you don't know who you witness?

So the father is also the Son shey?

Thanks for your time! wink

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 3:45am On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So the father is also the Son shey?

Thanks for your time! wink
The Father is not Jehovah.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by TradingGod: 3:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Lord Jesus Christ the Supreme is the FATHER OF KNOWLEDGE

Man is the Sons of Knowledge

Both have the Spirit (Knowledge) of God in them

Jesus is the source of this spirit (Knowledge). That is why He is known as the Father of Knowledge

When Man fell in the garden if eden, the knowledge of his sonship in God was lost, but thanks be unto God that has revealed that truth to us through Christ Jesus,

Now we can come boldly to the throne of Grace knowing our inheritance in Christ Jesus Name
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by TradingGod: 3:56am On Mar 09, 2023
omovudu:
It's a blasphemy for a so-called christian or anyone to say that Christ is God, that's hight of ignorance or stupidity. Christ never for once or by mistake called himself God, in fact he made it clear when he said in the bible John 17:3-And this is eternal life that they may know you, the only true GOD and Christ whom you sent ... second in another verse , John 20:17,he said I I'm ascending to my father and your father and to my GOD and your GOD.

Jesus Christ is the Word
The Word is God Himself

Jesus Christ is God Himself
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by GoodIsGod: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2023
Is Jesus God?

If He is God, who was He praying to all those times he went on the mountain to pray on earth?

Here is my understanding of the scriptures on the issue.
Bear with me if it sounds like a heresy Just tell me where I am wrong and prove your point to put me right.

Is Jesus God Almighty?

My answer is Yes, Jesus is God Almighty.

Did God leave His throne in heaven to be born of the virgin and be killed on the cross? Like many say (Including clergymen especially during Easter)

No! God can not be killed.

In fact, God was in heaven all the while the virgin became pregnant through the holy spirit.
He was in heaven when the child was born.
He was in heaven when Christ became a teenager.
He was in heaven when he was betrayed, crucified and rose from the dead.
He was the one Jesus prayed to.
He was the one whose voice was heard when John baptized Christ and at the Mount of Transfiguration.

God is God. Jehovah is His name.
Jesus Christ is the begotten son.

They are two personalities.

God Almighty the Father never left His throne in heaven. He has been there since the beginning of existence, He is there now and He will be there till eternity.

But oga, you said Jesus is God. Are you confused?

No I am not confused.
I still maintain that Jesus is God.

Then How?

Because the Bible says so.

ISAIAH 9:6 calls Jesus the Mighty God.

He Himself said,

"I and the Father are One. If you have seen me you have seen the Father.
*John 10:30-33*

*John 1:1 says,*
In the beginning was the word...and the word was God"

*Now let's go deeper.*

Those who say God left His throne in Heaven to become man are the ones who give unbelievers the chance to challenge the Godship of Christ. God never left His throne.

Jesus and the Father are two personalities but yet they are one.

When Jesus prayed, he prayed to God the Father because he is the son. While he suffered God was in heaven and at that moment God neglected him to fulfill the prophecy and complete the work of salvation.

Now this is where those who challenge His Godship get it wrong.

If I have a son that I love, who has all my nature and characteristics as a King, and I tell my citizens that I have given him all the power that I possess to rule like me even while I am still on the throne what concerns anyone about my decision. It is my choice.

The problem of people when Christians say Jesus is God is that they sympathize with God. Forgetting that God Himself gave His son all His power to rule as Him even when He the Father remains on the throne.

Christ said, "All power in earth and in heaven has been given to me"

Who gave HIM all Power?

God the Father.

All power, not some power.
All means All.

Matthew 28:18 (KJV) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Everyone of us knows that All power belongs to God.
So, when Jesus says all power has been given to Him. What does that mean?

This means Jesus has same power as the Father.
God Himself has made it so.

That's why you can't separate the Son from the Father.
When you see the Son you have seen the Father and vice versa.

*Now read the below verses and get the logic.*

John 16:23 (KJV)
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, He will give it you.

*Note* : He will give it to you (Who will give it? GOD)

*Now read the one below again.*

John 14:13-14 (KJV)
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Note: That will I do. (Who will do it? Jesus the son)

Who did you ask? God the Father

Who is supposed to do what you asked?
God the Father.

Who is saying He will do it?
Jesus the Son.

Why would He the Son answer the prayer you prayed to God the Father in his name?
Because He too is God.
He is the same as His Father.

*Place John 16:23 and John 14:13-14 together.*

One says God will do it and the other say I Jesus will do it. (God (Jehovah) will do it. I (Jesus) will do it)

Only God can answer prayers prayed to Him in Jesus Name. Abi?
And Jesus says "Pray to God in my Name and I Will do it".

The Father is God
And the Son is God.
Not two Gods but one God.

*It's more of a mystery to the human understanding.*

Jesus is God
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Matthew 28:18 (KJV) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Everyone of us knows that All power belongs to God.
So, when Jesus says all power has been given to Him. What does that mean?

This means Jesus has same power as the Father.
God Himself has made it so.

Jesus was given all authority (after his earthly mission) that's why he could say on the torture stake:

"It has finished" or "it has been accomplished" John 19:30

Before then he only has authority over angels in heaven but after that day Jesus has was given the power to deal with any faithful man who proves to be stubborn in ignorance that's why he could attack Paul, note that Jesus couldn't do the same before his death and resurrection.
So only angels were scared of him knowing fully well his position back in heaven! Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:34

For now he is waiting for order from his father to destroy all evildoers both in heaven and on earth with the power confered on him.

But regarding Almighty NO Jesus is not the Almighty because the Almighty doesn't need permission to do anything unlike Jesus who must stick to orders from his father. John 5:19
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by GoodIsGod: 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus was given all authority (after his earthly mission) that's why he could say on the torture stake:

"It has finished" or "it has been accomplished" John 19:30

Before then he only has authority over angels in heaven but after that day Jesus has was given the power to deal with any faithful man who proves to be stubborn in ignorance that's why he could attack Paul, note that Jesus couldn't do the same before his death and resurrection.
So only angels were scared of him knowing fully well his position back in heaven! Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:34

For now he is waiting for order from his father to destroy all evildoers both in heaven and on earth with the power confered on him.

But regarding Almighty NO Jesus is not the Almighty because the Almighty doesn't need permission to do anything unlike Jesus who must stick to orders from his father. John 5:19

HERESIES grin

You guys just make up stories and expect everyone to take it.

Jesus did not need the permission of God because he is in the Father and the Father is in Him. He automatically can't do anything against the will of God. So, he needs no instruction.
The only time he prayed before a miracle was at the tomb of Lazarus. And it was not a prayer of request but of thanks. And he told us why he had to say the words "but because of these people that are present. For them to know I am from you"

Read your Bible and ask God for understanding not relying on AWAKE AND WATCHTOWER

May God Help you. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoodIsGod:

HERESIES grin
You guys just make up stories and expect everyone to take it.
Jesus did not need the permission of God because he is in the Father and the Father is in Him. He automatically can't do anything against the will of God. So, he needs no instruction. The only time he prayed before a miracle was at the tomb of Lazarus. And it was not a prayer of request but of thanks. And he told us why he had to say the words "but because of these people that are present. For them to know I am from you"
Read your Bible and ask God for understanding not relying on AWAKE AND WATCHTOWER May God Help you. grin

Thank God you only responded without a single verse from Jesus' words!

He said he cannot do a single thing out of his own initiative {John 5:19} you can continue with your friend but we know that Jesus cannot do anything without the permission of the one who sent him! John 8:28-29

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by GoodIsGod: 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Thank God you only responded without a single verse from Jesus' words!

He said he cannot do a single thing out of his own initiative {John 5:19} you can continue with your friend but we know that Jesus cannot do anything without the permission of the one who sent him! John 8:28-29

May you have PEACE! smiley

If you want me to quote verses I have quoted before NO!

Believe what you want.
JW are like Atheists
Even when they realize you made a point and floor their beliefs, they stubbornly stick to their beliefs because they've been programmed like that.

Remain Blessed bro
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoodIsGod:

If you want me to quote verses I have quoted before NO!
Believe what you want.
JW are like Atheists
Even when they realize you made a point and floor their beliefs, they stubbornly stick to their beliefs because they've been programmed like that.
Remain Blessed bro

Ọmọ you're the one who has been programmed!

I quoted God's word, showed you the practical application by presenting a global family of peace loving worshipers doing what i explained! James 2:18-26

All you did was to say your PERSONAL OPINION on what supposed to be God's word which all believers should have the same line of thought on its application! John 17:22

So who has been brainwashed?
I that's teaching with living examples or you that's guessing without any practical application to back up what you're saying? cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by GoodIsGod: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ you're the one who has been programmed!

I quoted God's word, showed you the practical application by presenting a global family of peace loving worshipers doing what i explained! James 2:18-26

All you did was to say your PERSONAL OPINION on what supposed to be God's word which all believers should have the same line of thought on its application! John 17:22

So who has been brainwashed?
I that's teaching with living examples or you that's guessing without any practical application to back up what you're saying? cheesy

I have quoted verses to support my beliefs in former posts. Guy I am tired of repeating same thing.

Oga sleep tight.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
GoodIsGod:

I have quoted verses to support my beliefs in former posts. Guy I am tired of repeating same thing. Oga sleep tight.

Everyone can quote the Bible even Muslims do what false religionists can never ever do is to present the group PRACTICING what Jesus taught the way JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will do globally after quoting and explaining.

After preaching and teaching for an extensive period of time Jesus presented the group of people practicing what he's been teaching so far! Matthew 12:46-50

So if you quote the Bible Satan also did while chatting with Jesus {Matthew 4:4} what Satan can't do is to present worshipers of God doing exactly the application he's giving God's word!

So stop blaspheming God's Holy Spirit that's working out fine deeds among Jehovah's Witnesses {Matthew 12:31-32} if you can't present any group practicing what Jesus taught yet condemning the one globally known for actively preaching zealously and industriously teaching God's word even in your neighbourhood then you're fighting against God Himself! Act 5:38-39

You can sleep if you wish just watch what you type with your hands against an organization of faithful worshipers globally performing! James 2:18-26 wink
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by GoodIsGod: 12:42am On Mar 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Everyone can quote the Bible even Muslims do what false religionists can never ever do is to present the group PRACTICING what Jesus taught the way JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will do globally after quoting and explaining.

After preaching and teaching for an extensive period of time Jesus presented the group of people practicing what he's been teaching so far! Matthew 12:46-50

So if you quote the Bible Satan also did while chatting with Jesus {Matthew 4:4} what Satan can't do is to present worshipers of God doing exactly the application he's giving God's word!

So stop blaspheming God's Holy Spirit that's working out fine deeds among Jehovah's Witnesses {Matthew 12:31-32} if you can't present any group practicing what Jesus taught yet condemning the one globally known for actively preaching zealously and industriously teaching God's word even in your neighbourhood then you're fighting against God Himself! Act 5:38-39

You can sleep if you wish just watch what you type with your hands against an organization of faithful worshipers globally performing! James 2:18-26 wink

What do I say about your organization?
What have you not said about other christians

You guys are the 21st century Pharisees
You are like the man who pointed at the poor woman praying in the synagogue saying: " God you know I am not like that sinner over there..".

You are the only one practicing what?

You all are living in A Fool's paradise

grin

Goodnight
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34am On Mar 10, 2023
GoodIsGod:

What do I say about your organization?
What have you not said about other christians
You guys are the 21st century Pharisees
You are like the man who pointed at the poor woman praying in the synagogue saying: " God you know I am not like that sinner over there..".
You are the only one practicing what?
You all are living in A Fool's paradise
grin
Goodnight

You guys just argue blindly when you don't know anything! cheesy

The highlighted shows that you don't even read your Bible you only listen to what your pastors say. The Pharisee Jesus talked about was condemning a man (not a woman) praying to the same God in the same temple.

Secondly Jesus told a Samaritan woman that only Jews are practicing pure worship out of the twelve tribes of Israel! John 4:20-22

Why did Jesus utter such hash words against the children of his great grandfather Jacob?

Well it's because the Samaritan's form of worship totally differs from that of the Jews just as my form of worship differs from yours yet you want me to agree that it's the same God whereas we disagree on almost all the terms and conditions of worship.

Ọmọ your God is not the same as my God if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses that's exactly what Jesus told the Samaritan woman! John 4:22 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

You claim to be Jehovah witnesses but clearly you have no idea who Jehovah is. Jesus Christ told the Jews that he is Lord of the Sabbath yet you still don't know that he is Jehovah.
He told them that he is I Am yet you argue. He is the very God of Israel. That is why David called him 'My Lord'. [/b]He is the Lord God of the old testament not his Father. He said, I came to my own by my own knew me not. Israel was his own. He was their God.
[b]
Who gave your Lord the command: Sit at my right hand?"
Acts 2:34 is in your Bible?

Acts 3:13 is in your Bible?

Nobody has ever given any command to Jehovah whereas, Jesus obeys his God's command, "sit at my right hand".

You don't know your Bible but you are obsessed with making noise.
grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

And for you, the JW bible correction goes thus.
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a godlike deity?
You guys have so corrupted Christianity that your version is no different from Greek mythology.
I still wonder why you feel the need to correct the bible and why you feel we should believe you mythology over Christianity

John 1:1 Emphatic Diaglott Bible,1864.
John 1:1 Good Speed Bible , BTW Good Speed is a Trinitarian.

Goodspeed(i) 1 In the beginning the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was divine"

Besides,14 other Bible Translations disagree with your GIBBERISH.

Oga, go and confirm.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

You and your younger brother should iron out your differences and stick to the same position. Was Moses also a Godlike deity?

Point of clarification:
Moses performed supernatural feats just as Jesus Christ did.
Moses was godlike just as Jesus Christ too was godlike.

Exodus 4:16 & 7:1 ,Moses was godlike.
John 1:1 & 10:33-36, Jesus was godlike.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

Jesus was a demigod according to JW. Not written in my Bible. Meanwhile you elder brother thinks Moses is deity.

John 1:1 Emphatic Diaglott Bible.
John 1:1 Good Speed Bible.
John 1:1 Coptic Sahidic Bible,1400 years older than your KJV.

The truth is bitter.grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

From your arguments, it's clear that you believe in many Gods only that you call one Almighty. Very little difference between you and me at that except that you sound exactly like the ancient Greeks. This was their position.
The holy scriptures,1 Corinthians 8:4-6.
The same doctrine of Jesus Christ, John 10:34-36.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by FxMasterz: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

When you insult someone you disagree with, it shows the kind of mother you had. It's ok to have different opinions and not insult.

Now to the verses you quoted

Matthew 28.19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
The clearly depicts them as 3 not 1

To the other 2 verses, I agree with you that Jesus Christ and not his father, was the I Am of the old testament.
The I AM of the old testament is the Jesus Christ of the new. There's only one God manifested in three personalities.

Ephesians 4:5-6
"For there's only one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

What do you think Jesus meant when He said "I and my Father are one."?

1Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

There's only one God. All other gods worshiped by men are demons and fallen angels.

What you typed up there is grossly heretic. If we worship Gods as you depicted, then, we're pagans.

The fullness of the Godhead is contained in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:9
"For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body."
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by Janosky: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2023
tctrills:

So according to JW correction of the bible,
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a demigod.
And Isaiah 9.6 should read, the mighty demigod.
You religion is a foolish bend of Greek mythology and a little bit of the bible.
Do you realize that demigods are used in Greek mythology not in Christianity?
a god =divine= Mighty God.

Exodus 6:3, did you see Jehovah God Almighty?
Acts 3:13 , Jesus Christ PROVEN His Servant. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BE BOLD; DON'T SETTLE FOR FEAR. / I Think The Bible Is Just Weird / A Child Breastfeeds From His Dead Mother's bosom- Picture Depressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.