Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,348 members, 7,868,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Jesus Christ Is God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is God (2907 Views)

Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / No One Can Overcome Sin Without Losing His Life.life With Christ Is Everything. / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Don't resort to insult now my friend.
Tell everyone the meaning of a demigod as found in your dictionary and let's see if it correlates with what i said.
For the challenge it's not about choice of words but what you claimed:

It is not CLEARLY STATED anywhere in the Bible that "Jesus is God" that's what you're trying so hard to shy away from and i have gotten your message. smiley
I did not insult you. I only stated that the definition of a demigod is not someone that prays to his father. So if that is the only JW argument then it is foolish.
Did your bible not call him the mighty God?
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Your reason for calling Jesus Christ a demigod is because he prayed to his father. My reason for calling him God is because the bible called him God. Isaiah called him the mighty God and John told us he is the word and the word was God. Even the Apostle Thomas declared Jesus Christ is Lord and God.

So in a nutshell you're trying to prove it but it wasn't CLEARLY STATED anywhere that
"Jesus is God" shey? smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So in a nutshell you're trying to prove it but it wasn't CLEARLY STATED anywhere that
Are you confused? Am I the one that called Jesus the mighty God? It's in you bible oga
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

I did not insult you. I only stated that the definition of a demigod is not someone that prays to his father. So if that is the only JW argument then it is foolish.
Did your bible not call him the mighty God?

There are lots of Gods {1Corinthians 8:5} and they're all mighty in power {Psalms 82:1, 6} but there is just one who is the Almighty that's the God Jesus himself worshiped! John 20:17

That's why it's appropriate to conclude Jesus is a demigod! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

For you English lesson, a mighty God is the opposite of a demigod.
Demi means half; half-size.
"demisemiquaver"
partially; in an inferior degree.
Hence, a demigod is never a mighty God. Please consult your dictionary.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

For you English lesson, a mighty God is the opposite of a demigod.
Demi means half; half-size.
"demisemiquaver"
partially; in an inferior degree.
Hence, a demigod is never a mighty God. Please consult your dictionary.

Exactly!
Jesus is not equal to the Almighty God so we can rightly say he is a demigod! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:19am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There are lots of Gods {1Corinthians 8:5} and they're all mighty in power {Psalms 82:1, 6} but there is just one who is the Almighty that's the God Jesus himself worshiped! John 20:17

That's why it's appropriate to conclude Jesus is a demigod! smiley
Or you believe there are lots of God's now. See confusion. You asked me to show you where the bible called Jesus Christ a God and I showed you where he was called a mighty God, does that settle it now?
Also, simple English, a demigod is the opposite of a mighty God.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Or you believe there are lots of God's now. See confusion. You asked me to show you where the bible called Jesus Christ a God and I showed you where he was called a mighty God, does that settle it now?
Also, simple English, a demigod is the opposite of a mighty God.

Demigod is the best word for any person referred to as God but not with same power and authority as the Almighty God! wink
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Exactly!
Jesus is not equal to the Almighty God so we can rightly say he is a demigod! smiley
English, a demigod is the opposite of a mighty God. I never said Jesus was equal or not. That was never the argument. The argument was if the bible called him God and I have shown you that he was called might God.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Demigod is the best word for any person referred to as God but not with same power and authority as the Almighty God! wink
Oga a demigod is Greek mythology. The bible and Christianity is a different religion. The bible recognize Jesus Christ as God. I understand you guys don't stick to the bible but if you stop inventing your own religion and stick to the revealed word it would do you God.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

English, a demigod is the opposite of a mighty God. I never said Jesus was equal or not. That was never the argument. The argument was if the bible called him God and I have shown you that he was called might God.

Do you have that in any dictionary?

Because mighty simply means powerful and all Gods are powerful no matter there position it's the title "ALMIGHTY" they're not qualified to be called! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:24am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You brother Janosky called Moses a deity and you call Jesus Christ a demigod. You guys are so funny.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Oga a demigod is Greek mythology. The bible and Christianity is a different religion. The bible recognize Jesus Christ as God. I understand you guys don't stick to the bible but if you stop inventing your own religion and stick to the revealed word it would do you God.

Ọmọ the Bible never stated in anywhere that "Jesus is God" so comparing verses from one scriptures to another is what you're doing just as i to said Moses WAS God! Exodus 7:1 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you have that in any dictionary?

Because mighty simply means powerful and all Gods are powerful no matter there position it's the title "ALMIGHTY" they're not qualified to be called! smiley

First Jesus Christ told you that all power in heaven and earth has been given to him. Secondly the argument is not between mighty or Almighty. We are discussing if Jesus Christ is a God and you guys think the bible is wrong.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

You brother Janosky called Moses a deity and you call Jesus Christ a demigod. You guys are so funny.
Both means the same thing! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Both means the same thing! smiley
You asked if I have a dictionary. Here are the meanings of a deity. So which one is Moses?
a god or goddess (in a polytheistic religion).
"a deity of ancient Greece"

the creator and supreme being (in a monotheistic religion such as Christianity).
noun: Deity; noun: the Deity
"she raised her head as if appealing to the Deity presiding over the church"
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

First Jesus Christ told you that all power in heaven and earth has been given to him. Secondly the argument is not between mighty or Almighty. We are discussing if Jesus Christ is a God and you guys think the bible is wrong.

Out of those been called God a superior GAVE Jesus the authority and will still collect it back from him! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

So Jesus still remains a demigod not the Almighty! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Out of those been called God a superior GAVE Jesus the authority and will still collect it back from him! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

Oga, your bible called Jesus Christ a God not a demigod. I understand you think the bible is wrong but some of us don't.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Oga, your bible called Jesus Christ a God not a demigod. I understand you think the bible is wrong but some of us don't.

If the Bible clearly stated so nobody will argue it but it wasn't so you can't impose what isn't clearly stated each person will have to stand on his or her own personal opinion. smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If the Bible clearly stated so nobody will argue it but it wasn't so you can't impose what isn't clearly stated each person will have to stand on his or her own personal opinion. smiley
You mean the bible did not call Jesus Christ the mighty God? You mean the bible did not say that the word was God? But it's not clear to only JWs
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

In fact, at a point in our discussion, your brother Janosky claimed that Jesus Christ is an ex God. He said like Moses was a God for a while, Jesus Christ was also a God for a period.
So the JW position is as follows.
1. Jesus Christ is a demigod
2. Jesus Christ is a Godlike deity
3. Moses is a Godlike deity
4. Jesus Christ is an ex God
5. Jesus Christ is not a God

On the other hand, the bible position
1. The word was God.
2. He is the mighty God.
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Just so you know, mighty and demi are basically word and opposite
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

You mean the bible did not call Jesus Christ the mighty God? You mean the bible did not say that the word was God? But it's not clear to only JWs
Well there are many sects claiming Christians who disagree with you that Jesus is the Almighty God. Of course he once served as God just like Moses! Exodus 7:1

You see that verse (Exodus 7:1) has rendered your idea useless because if God Almighty said He made Moses a God then Jesus was also made a God by the one he always pray to! wink
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

In fact, at a point in our discussion, your brother Janosky claimed that Jesus Christ is an ex God. He said like Moses was a God for a while, Jesus Christ was also a God for a period.
So the JW position is as follows.
1. Jesus Christ is a demigod
2. Jesus Christ is a Godlike deity
3. Moses is a Godlike deity
4. Jesus Christ is an ex God
5. Jesus Christ is not a God

On the other hand, the bible position
1. The word was God.
2. He is the mighty God.

Anyhow you feel like putting it just know that Jesus is not the Almighty God. Simple! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:13am On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

Just so you know, mighty and demi are basically word and opposite

Ọmọ all gods are mighty whether demi or not.

The only difference is Almighty who has power over all other Gods! Psalms 83:18 wink
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2023
There are many Gods {1Corinthians 8:5} but there is only one who is SUPREME (Almighty) while all others are mighty (powerful)

The true God is the author of life who created all including those given power to partake in the process procreation.

The secret is that it's only the true God that has the sole authority to direct all His creation to the person they must obey as ruler (demigod) but fallen angels have made themselves Gods in different parts of the earth under the chairmanship of Satan the devil {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} this is why people in different parts of the earth are worshiping these fallen angels as gods and since these fallen angels won't tell those worshiping them the truth about the Creator they become false gods.

Gods like Moses and Jesus were appointed by the Almighty {Exodus 7:1 compare to John 1:18} they told all their followers the truth about the one and only true God! Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29

So unlike the fallen angels who chose humans as their own demigods to rule over their worshipers the Almighty never empower any imperfect human as demigod over His own worshipers except Jesus of Nazareth {Matthew 17:5} as for Moses he was chosen as a demigod over Pharaoh of Egypt who knew him from childhood like his cousin, Moses was to prove to Pharaoh that all the Gods in Egypt are powerless in the presence of the God that sent him to deliver the Israelites.
But since Jehovah is not visible to Pharaoh {Exodus 5:2} the true God made Moses His representative to serve as a demigod before Pharaoh! Exodus 7:1

So don't get it twisted Moses and Jesus aren't the Almighty God but demigods who render sacred services to the Almighty God.
Unlike human Kings who are serving as demigods to fallen angels Moses and Jesus aren't false Gods because they openly declared that they were sent by the one and only true God! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 10:47am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ all gods are mighty whether demi or not.

The only difference is Almighty who has power over all other Gods! Psalms 83:18 wink
How do you know all God's are mighty. You just keep saying anything
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Well there are many sects claiming Christians who disagree with you that Jesus is the Almighty God. Of course he once served as God just like Moses! Exodus 7:1

You see that verse (Exodus 7:1) has rendered your idea useless because if God Almighty said He made Moses a God then Jesus was also made a God by the one he always pray to! wink
The verse proves nothing, so if God days he made Moses a God how does that affect Jesus? What is really your point. God made Moses a God how does that affect who Jesus Christ is. Please explain how making Moses a God relates to Jesus Christ?
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

How do you know all God's are mighty. You just keep saying anything

The reason why people call anything GOD is because of the extraordinary power if it's just the normal ability found in all other creatures no one will refer to them as GOD.
So mighty means powerful and in the case of Gods they exert extraordinary power humans can't imagine! smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The reason why people call anything GOD is because of the extraordinary power if it's just the normal ability found in all other creatures no one will refer to them as GOD.
So mighty means powerful and in the case of Gods they exert extraordinary power humans can't imagine! smiley
So you are saying that the bible prophets and apostles called anything God and the JW is out there to correct Isaiah and John right.
How about we just agree that the reason the bible called Jesus Christ God is because he is actually God. I know this is too much for you
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
tctrills:

The verse proves nothing, so if God days he made Moses a God how does that affect Jesus? What is really your point. God made Moses a God how does that affect who Jesus Christ is. Please explain how making Moses a God relates to Jesus Christ?

Moses is one of God's worshipers just as Jesus so if God said He made Moses God yet Moses remains a worshiper of God and the same happened to Jesus who WAS also God and did worship God then what the scripture said at Deuteronomy 18:18 is fulfilled in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.

Here is what God's word said:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Deuteronomy 18:18

Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus of Nazareth is the one God was referring to in that verse! Act 3:19-23

Now the concluding part of that scripture said

Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:19

Here God is telling the Israelites that whoever among them that reject this prophet will not be forgiven. You can confirm that in the Bible book of John 3:16-18

So it's the same GOD that made both Moses and Jesus God they were never Gods on their own! John 5:19 smiley
Re: Jesus Christ Is God by tctrills: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Moses is one of God's worshipers just as Jesus so if God said He made Moses God yet Moses remains a worshiper of God and the same happened to Jesus who WAS also God and did worship God then what the scripture said at Deuteronomy 18:18 is fulfilled in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.

Here is what God's word said:

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Deuteronomy 18:18

Apostle Peter confirmed that Jesus of Nazareth is the one God was referring to in that verse! Act 3:19-23

Now the concluding part of that scripture said

Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name. Deuteronomy 18:19

Here God is telling the Israelites that whoever among them that reject this prophet will not be forgiven. You can confirm that in the Bible book of John 3:16-18

So it's the same GOD that made both Moses and Jesus God they were never Gods on their own! smiley
Everything you say is out of place. It does not matter if Moses or Jesus Christ were God's of their own or if they were made God's. That's not even an argument. Why do you think it's even important. At least it seems you are slowly coming around and you can now see that Jesus Christ is God.
I don't have a problem if Moses was made a God. A son of a God would become a God. So I don't see your point. The bible says we are heirs so we inherit God's nature. We also would become like him. So what's your point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Muslims Around The World Are Seeing Jesus In Their Dreams And Its Astonishing / Holiness And The Danger Of Prosperity Gospel / If God Sees All, He Know Adam Was Going To Sin So Why Did He Create Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.