Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55409 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Leebeedo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=Moh247 post=121479674] cool

Drug and Yahoo

250m is $500,000 USD.. for you to pay your bills mortgage and still have $500k left to build an hotel in Nigeria, you must be earning $50k a month like an athlete

Not necessarily yahoo or drugs and by the way, N250m is like $340,000USD. I make more than that a yr legitimately. I have friends that are medical practitioners here and they make $80k-$100k monthly
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Emetex22(m): 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonnie10:

This is really good. Not any more would you see a good house of $300-$350k in cali. And you must have refinanced 2 years ago, because interest rate now is about 6.7%
Especially in the San Francisco Bay area, it is crazy, I guess I was lucky

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
All it takes is solid steady income, good credit, and a good relationship with a bank or credit union.
The guy in question could’ve done it several ways. He could’ve purchased a home that already had a large amount of equity and tapped into that. He could’ve taken a bank loan, he could’ve had a lawsuit and settled, he could’ve done several things.

You are right.
Lasts three years, the average home price for single family was about$300k but now those house are sold for $550k , That is $250k equity without moving a muscle under 3 years. Some people were lucky to buy then.

7 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xandy84: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
You hit the nail bro but you kind of err on the loan aspect. Yankee is the worst place to get a business loan if your business is not over 2 years and gross minimum of 200k in sales. Ask me how I know and I will tell you I had attended various SBA funding seminar and when it's time for loan, most banks say capital NO for first time small business even when the government want to back 80% of the loan thru SBA with 700 credit scores.
I will never envy anybody in life cos our journey different for real. Everybody claims multiple tech jobs until you hear about their indictment for newspaper.

onegig:

I always like to do the maths.
N250,000,000/750=$330,000.
That's at 750 naira exchange rate

That's $330k net in 2 years i.e earning average of $14,000 per month. To earn $330k in 2 years you must earn net of $167,000 or gross of $260,000 per year. That's average of $125 per hour working 8hours per day non stop for 2 years. Let's even assume they do two jobs i.e 16 hours per day. That's $62.5 per hour. I can't wrap my head around two jobs that pay $62.5per hour that you can do consistently for two years without issue and not have mental breakdown.

Let's assume it's a 2 income home. That's $130k for each partner. Seems doable with two incomes without any SPENDINGS. And you stated that's not the only project they have.

Except that friend of yours and their spouse works in IT or Health or sales where they net $300k yearly then i call bullshit at their stories except they have other incomes they have not yet disclosed to you. Maybe import cars? Even that isn't profitable given the inflation in the west in the last 2 years due to covid. That friend is into fraud or is absolutely lying.

Edited. Just read the submission of others on the thread.

So take loans at what interest rates? 4.75%? Maybe 2 years ago when it was 0.25% i can understand. It was like free money but the cash flow doesn't even make sense. From a finance perspective that person would have to invest in Nigeria and make money in Naira to pay back such loans. Or probably they have it for long term and intend to use their US earnings to pay such loans back. Extremely risky but if you don't take risks. You can't earn. No one should try this at home.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by HaneefahRN(f): 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
The person only spent two years abroad and already did all those? Either he is giving you cold zobo or he has another big side hustle legal or illegal he is into

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by BigDawsNet: 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
seanwilliam:
bro , if you can prove to me that learning Tech will earn me such amount of money in two years, then I will start learning tomorrow. I’m ready to learn and pay if you don’t mind .

500m is not a small money ke.

Me I'm not telling you that you will make 500m in 2years... I said you will make average of $142,376/yr as Software Engineer and $103,000/yr as a UI/Ux designer...

Tech is our Oil here...
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xandy84: 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Guess everybody not in tech is missing out? You must be one dimensional to think so. What happen now when tech industry is in hot red and even the Indian guru losing their jobs? I own a business and I am contented with what I make...

BigDawsNet:

The average salary for a Software Engineer in US is $142,000 - $170,000 depending on your years of experience

I know people here in the States with just High school certificates... they have degree... they only woke up one day and decided to start learning coding online... Today dey make that amount easily...

Tech is the new oil here in North America and EU, Asia even some African countries....

No dull bro... pls learn... I take God beg you

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:
Especially in the San Francisco Bay area, it is crazy, I guess I was lucky

Not really luck, then there was no money and the housing market was buyers market. Everyone that bought around 3-4 years ago is sitting on a lot of equity now. But the thing is, if its your primary residence, you have nowhere to go if you decide to cash out.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2023
xandy84:
Everybody keep talking about doing tech jobs as if all tech jobs pays $100k and let's agreed you land 3 tech jobs that pays $300k annually. How much do you think you will pay in taxes? More than $50k and when you file taxes and uncle Sam sees you doing multiple jobs, you will be surprise how much they ask you to pay back.
I have been wondering about this too... What's this tech this tech that jobs all about?

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
xandy84:
Everybody keep talking about doing tech jobs as if all tech jobs pays $100k and let's agreed you land 3 tech jobs that pays $300k annually. How much do you think you will pay in taxes? More than $50k and when you file taxes and uncle Sam sees you doing multiple jobs, you will be surprise how much they ask you to pay back.

I have been wondering about this too... What's this tech this tech that jobs all about?

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

My friends makes mor, I came here 2010 after NYSC for master but ended up staying. Most nurses at UCSF makes over $110 an hour lol, I am not kidding lol.
My wife is a nurse practioner and makes close to 450k a year
This true. Cali pays like mad but expensive to live. If you have housing sorted out, then you are set.
I have a friend with just two year of college associate degree in cath lab (special procedures), he make over $150k yearly in Cali.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by seanwilliam(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Me I'm not telling you that you will make 500m in 2years... I said you will make average of $142,376/yr as Software Engineer and $103,000/yr as a UI/Ux designer...

Tech is our Oil here...
Can I pm u. ?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by stillme231: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2023
seanwilliam:
even if him Dey sell plumber thing e no fit Dey gain 80k pounds per week bro . Abi no be pounds wey dem Dey spend in the uk ?? I no get
lol me surprise o.. all those aza men wey dey abroad.. I know someone wey get 5 houses for lekki with mad cars,him dey work for Yankee too but him get hk for boys o..

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xandy84: 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
The word tech is use loosely to be sincere. I can range from remote assistant to programmers.

kingsolomonjnr01:

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Emetex22(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonnie10:

Not really luck, then there was no money and the housing market was buyers market. Everyone that bought around 3-4 years ago is sitting on a lot of equity now. But the thing is, if its your primary residence, you have nowhere to go if you decide to cash out.
We bought before COVID hit, 450K home and refinanced at 2.5% compares to average of 5-6% now, house is worth close to 900k, equity shock me 😆, that's y I said I was lucky.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2023
Africans are easily deceived lol

11 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

We bought before COVID hit, 450K home and refinanced at 2.5% compares to average of 5-6% now, house is worth close to 900k, equity shock me 😆, that's y I said I was lucky.
You had more than 20% down then.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
If you take loan abroad and establish businesses in Nigeria without you physically present to oversee the businesses, that is waste of money.
They would embezzle it and collapse the businesses.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Falcon84: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
Africans are easily deceived lol

So easily deceived

In fact, I can't believe people re falling for this crap

12 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
What I observed was more than ninety five percent of people tell lies.
So if anyone tell me anything, I will just say OK. I take it as probably a lie.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Falcon84: 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2023
BidenDTrounce:
It's an overcompensation for inferiority complex.
Most people are disappointed when they get abroad. For most people, the stories/movies they watched about abroad and what actually happens when they arrive are two different things.
They feel unaccomplished in the abroad, they're mistreated by the host country, they face barriers and obstacles and they're left depressed.
The coping strategy is to oppress those they left at home by exploiting popular propaganda about the abroad because it helps them feel better about themselves.

Sense full your head bro

Many of them are actually struggling

He thing is, how can one be so pyschoathic as to lie and even be defending such lie

10 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by centilad(m): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Irumole grin So, you had to create a thread because of my jeje submission on another thread cheesy

250milla is just about $350k. So, that's too much for you to achieve in US within 4 years. Well, we don't do same job. One thing I will say, you will never know what you can achieve if you don't try. And please, do not take me out of contest cheesy Go back and read my post very well cheesy
Oga noVex, na understand him no understood
Sometimes, yaf just need to explain, finish.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Flappy222: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin
Falcon84:

Sense full your head bro

Many of them are actually struggling

He thing is, how can one be so pyschoathic as to lie and even be defending such lie
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
There is opportunity to take loans.
Banks send letter to people to come and collect loans.
Some youtubers also mentioned it.
Regularly I receive letters to come and take loan.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Goalnaldo(m): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2023
Emetex22:

My friends makes mor, I came here 2010 after NYSC for master but ended up staying. Most nurses at UCSF makes over $110 an hour lol, I am not kidding lol.
My wife is a nurse practioner and makes close to 450k a year
send me something bro, make i experience receiving something from someone abroad

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Emetex22(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonnie10:

You had more than 20% down then.
5%
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Buhari4sale: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2023
grin
HaneefahRN:
The person only spent two years abroad and already did all those? Either he is giving you cold zobo or he has another big side hustle legal or illegal he is into
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by AFONJACOW(m): 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Because you came to abroad and think u have finally made it to heaven and forgot all ur purposes and goals in life. I have a friend who have lived her for 10yrs working and eating his money here.. and me who's just 6yrs have achieved all his lifetime goals. If u see abroad as ur comfort zone u will end up wasting years here without achieving anything.. this friend of mine have been out of job since last year and to eat nah war to him now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.