Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (38052 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Facebook Full Monetization Package - People Using This To Make Money Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by dapadawee: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

Yes
Because you're in Ghana

5 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by deltateam: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
Only #200.

Although some are banking on supreme Court judgement to try to coerse sellers to accept old #500 and #1000.

Majority are waiting for Buhari, their governor or CBN governor to validate it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by 0m0luabi: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
For where

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by reverendfather: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
Nope, here in Benin they are still rejecting it, until they here from the CBN Governor himself, the problem persists.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Only you get it
You inhabit a world all by yourself and are communicating with your self
That's the idea.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by jahsharon: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
BAT is HERE. Old Notes will be back soon.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Heavensent01(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
thanks, but why are some people still rejecting it

why did you support the policy before election and against it after election?

confused lots

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ProphetM0hammad: 11:16am On Mar 05, 2023
ahnie:
Hell nope.
Who wan take that risk?
If i give you don't collect it
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by samcolee(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Money that CBN don burn finish.
You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.

I don't understand
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by yemi1504: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

They are not in my area at all! The Okada riders and the restaurants are not collecting it. Hoping the interior people in the city collects it.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by OmaleYoungdaou: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2023
This country is a confused nation, when the head is corrupt the whole body is spoiled. No rule of law, only executive has been doing what they want this man never honor judiciary nor legislation since he assume office. People are suffering severely I’m a witness. May God heal the land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Goldbw122(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2023
I used the old naira yesterday, but some people will tell you that they will wait for on Monday to get the clear news..

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by FashionCookie(f): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2023
Tomatoes market sapele road, Effurun. Some collected it(especially hausa traders) but double d prices for the goods.
Most have refused to collect it. They want to hear Buhari's say on the matter first. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by yemi1504: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Let's hear from you guys, going to work everyday is such a big problem for me now.

As for food I do transfer

That is the problem - transport. Can't be paid with transfer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by maasoap(m): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2023
Vyzz:
grin
FG and our leaders don't obey the court of law...

How do you think a common man will also obey it?

The law is almost useless in this nation.

The current president is not aware of anything, the incoming president the people are still unaware of.

No, nobody is using the old naira notes.

Unless it's 200naira

If you had said that both Obi and Atiku are not aware, I would have agreed with you. Because, those two clowns actually lauded the policy and encouraged Nigerians to endure.
Only the incoming president was the one who stood against the policy.

6 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Sammy07: 11:19am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

CBN never talk na

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Pwettylinda(f): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

Nigerian government and the judiciary can't be trusted

At the end the citizens will suffer it so is better to be careful

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by badBADbichh(f): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Only you get it
You inhabit a world all by yourself and are communicating with your self
Aswear!
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by greatiyk4u(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
At 50% charges
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by OfficialP: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
the SC ruling is unnecessary, even if CBN succumb to the ruling, it won't change anything cos the most of the old notes have been destroyed.

What I expect the SC should do is to compel CBN to make the new notes abundantly Available to the people. the daily withdrawal limit should remain though, it's necessary

8 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nfora: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch

The same supreme stupid court should go and print more old naira notes.

Very soon ,supreme court will declare that the current interest rate limit is illegal, unconstitutional, against human rights to decent living.

They have also declared Cash withdrawal limit as illegal and unconstitutional.

Is the Cash withdrawal limit in the interest of the society ,against criminality or not?

Supreme stupid court setting its own DEADLINE for the implementation of a monetary policy, an exclusive preserve of the CBN.

Those who are consequentially kidnaped for physical cash ransom, should approach the supreme stupid court for help undecided

Rubbish!

8 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by missionmex(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch
True.
But they will say supreme Court no get bank.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Lovelife433(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
What about Dat slow poke in aso rock? Hr never respect d rule of law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ahnie: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

If i give you don't collect it
Your tone Sha....is this a threat?
I do accept transfer!
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by yemi1504: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2023
Chiraq77:
Hmm I didn't even Bother to collect old notes from POS vendors because CBN said they don't Know about any supreme court ruling

Exactly, what I should have done too yesterday! Nothing spoil sha.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Roboto11: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2023
Peter Obi says its a good policy so let's support it.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chidiugwu1990: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2023
No communique from either the CBN or Buhari

God1000:
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by soliufiljannah(m): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2023
They are rejecting it o. A lady gave a bike man N500 yesterday for my area saying court said we can be spending it. Omo cm see fight

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 05, 2023
As long as outlaw Buhari has not given CBN directives to allow banks give out the old notes it is a mere pronouncement.
This same supreme Court judges are the ones selling justice to buhari's APC.
How could a senate President who never bought a senatorial form nor participate in the primary election be declare as a party candidate?
The same supreme Court judges gave a governorship candidate who came fourth in a governorship election as the winner of the election.Who go obey am?

Heavensent01:

why did you support the policy before election and against it after election?

confused lots
In other to prevent vote buying na.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by victorVIC1(m): 11:22am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

Obviously because no communication from CBN yet.

3 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Cfc4life(m): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2023
Were we see the old note na🙄
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by JetStar: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2023
If the banks start accepting it, it won't be long before the general public will start accepting the old notes again. For now, I haven't traded with the old notes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marvis Marshal-Idio Wins Heritage Bank's Next Titan, Gets N5m/Car (Pics) / How To Make 20 Litres Of Liquid Soap With #2000 / Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.