Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (38075 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Facebook Full Monetization Package - People Using This To Make Money Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by benitwater(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

And you actually believe that. That was CBN trying to push the blame to someone else. When they have finished realizing their aim, they will release brand new naira notes in humongous bulk.
neither do I believe what you type.
We can all wait to see the outcome of all this brouhaha.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by AmazingELixir: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

Why would anybody still be with old naira notes...wasn't ample time given to deposit them at the banks.

The old naira note seizes to be legal tender until the CBN makes a pronouncement to that order...the supreme court is just dabbling with what they know nothing about.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by SMUAG(m): 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
We have a very wicked and a useless government in place that don't know what economy is...
Businesses are collapsing on daily basis due to this ill policy taking by the president...
Whoever have close contact with the president should enlighten him on the danger lurking. Nigerians are really suffering and the so-called president pretends to be deafened....

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by fxexperts: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:
The aim of changing the currency was not defeated.

Because if Tinubu was able to buy votes, obi won't even have a case, because many people would have sold their votes.

But Tinubu decided to buy over Inec on impromptu that they they didn't even get enough time to plan out their rigging strategy.

This election is the most botched rigging in the history of Nigeria, evidences everywhere.

Buhari has tried his best.

You are just a fool to think Buhari wanted Obi to win. i am beginning to believe that most obedient are really empty up there. This was their plan all along fool. Tinubu was the mastermind behind the currency swap they only come in front of the camera to make you think otherwise, get that into your thick empty skull. Nothing good can come out of this useless policy.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chetas81(m): 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
thanks, but why are some people still rejecting it
Supreme court is not the CBN 😂 every Man become God IN NIGERIA
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by blowjohn(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2023
U no fit try am for abuja. Except ofcos the old 200 naira note.

These days if u see cash, u go first think say u dey dream

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by blowjohn(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Why would anybody still be with old naira notes...wasn't ample time given to deposit them at the banks.

The old naira note seizes to be legal tender until the CBN makes a pronouncement to that order...the supreme court is just dabbling with what they know nothing about.

The supreme Court verdict was strange. They even fixed a date we will stop using the old notes.
On what basis?

Don't get me wrong, am totally against this Emefiele policy
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by pendragonbladgo(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
I collect it and its widely use in Kaduna, we don't fear like igbo people because they are not using it again in their land.

That is why Obi failed in shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by jared007: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
All I know is that Nigerians must not accept cashless society because I see trouble coming...

Imagine govt in future intimidating citizens to comply to their dictates and failure would lead to blocking of their accounts.

The cashless society is a demonic system to control people. There was free flow of money in bible days

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
donproject2:

I am more interested in the book you quoted, not on what CBN did with the money, so I was asking if you've got a link to help me with.
Google Maria Antoinette and let them eat cake.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by mymadam(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
obembet:
We are already used to the cashless policy.

Anyway

If Liverpool first score, they will lose
If Liverpool no score, they will still lose
If Liverpool players wear boot, they will lose
The only thing that can save Liverpool now is Cynthia okeke and INEC

@obembet, please calm down. Yes, Liverpool have been rather poor so far this season, but remember that, 'a derby is always a derby'. I'm going for a draw

YNWA 😜
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Iseoluwani: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch

Nigeria is not an ideal State, remember that one
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

The Supreme Court has not ordered old notes to be released
It ruling is in respect of those. STILL out there in the public domain,that they remain legal tender till 31December.
How many of those notes are out there. You're saying what I'm saying.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Putinofrussia: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Money that CBN don burn finish.
You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.
It could be true but some people still have them in billions especially the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Zetty177x: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
No
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by 0monnak0da: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

How many of those notes are out there. You're saying what I'm saying.
. I am not saying what you are saying..
I just clarified things from my perspective
The governor s were not asking for old notes to be brought back
That is a non- issue so burning or not burning as a form of sabotage does not arise
The issue is that the deadline should be extended and the withdrawal limit scrapped
Both were granted so both old and new can coexist for longer

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by GVTAsiwaju(m): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

I spent one N1000 note out of the three left with me yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by cejaypriesty(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
obembet:
We are already used to the cashless policy.

Anyway

If Liverpool first score, they will lose
If Liverpool no score, they will still lose
If Liverpool players wear boot, they will lose
The only thing that can save Liverpool now is Cynthia okeke and INEC
😅😅
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by jattopeter(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
opeldavid:
That is their own biz.

All I know is that Peter Obi will reclaim his mandate.

He won with great margin in Lagos, Imo, Rivers, Plateau, Edo, Taraba.
Tinubu was heavily defeated in Lagos, Abuja, Osun , Kaduna, Katsina, Nasarawa, Kano etc these were supposed to be his strong holds. So i wonder where he won these election from?
From INEC officers and their Chairman.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Brushstrokes20: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
The lifeless animal in human skin and emeFAILURE are SERIAL LAW BREAKER undecided undecided
Dem cup go soon full!
Only a stupid, senseless sadist will set a whole farm on fire just to catch a rat! Buhari is far dumber than I thought undecided
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by FireUpNow(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
Calling Buhari and Emiefele on their hotlines to get answer.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by blowjohn(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
That aside, my mind tells me, tinubu will be perhaps the best president in a long while. So I pray God helps him, if it is the will of God.

When u see international media of UK, America criticising the winner of this election, pause to think deeply.
Perhaps they know they cannot control tinubu. Don't forget we supply oil to countries too and all that.

When last did the UK or joe Biden talk about issues and problems facing Nigeria?

This naira redesign thing may be the handiwork of foreign power.

And they know tinubu is against it and will reverse it.and tinubu won't do their bidding.

Think think think. Powers that be.
They did sa.e to Donald trump.

God bless Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Puyolmoses: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nigerians right now

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by djseanjohn77: 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
opeldavid:
That is their own biz.

All I know is that Peter Obi will reclaim his mandate.

He won with great margin in Lagos, Imo, Rivers, Plateau, Edo, Taraba.
Tinubu was heavily defeated in Lagos, Abuja, Osun , Kaduna, Katsina, Nasarawa, Kano etc these were supposed to be his strong holds. So i wonder where he won these election from?

You are still wailing over this defeat, how is your Obi going to even get the mandatory 25% votes?
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Damaria2: 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Money that CBN don burn finish.
You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.

Who's the author?
Share the book cover please.

Thanks.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Elliotwaveforec: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
Na mumu still dey collect old notes. Until Emefiele gives go ahead, old notes are gone for good.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ikorodureporta: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
Some people selling spaghetti, apples, and some particular stuffs didn't stop receiving it in ikorodu
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by pholar(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ejyksneh(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
This one think he's in London, oga na executives has the final say, supreme court is just a puppet in the hands the executive, they are useless
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ppogba: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
A woman went to buy fish in the market yesterday
She did not inform the fish seller that all she had were old notes. After fish seller cut fish finish, she commot old notes na so wahala burst so tey by fire by force she called here and there for people to come and bail her out for market.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ibkrichie(m): 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chatflick:
I need ebay accounts to buy. Please quote me if you have. Thanks

Hi, I have ebay account to sell..
sibukun05@gmail.com
Email me
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Positiveme2020: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
Legitisreal:
nzobu nzobu

Good reply. The idiots left the topic of discussion .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List) / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / CHYMALL: The New Retail Business of making $120 daily from home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.