Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (38072 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Facebook Full Monetization Package - People Using This To Make Money Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Limassol(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch
On the surface, whatever the supreme court says is final. But that is really not the case. For proof, look at recent events such as this Naira redesign policy.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by SmartyPants(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2023
There is a process. The Supreme Court judgment is between the parties that went to Court, which are the governors and the FG. Now, naira restriction is between the CBN and the FG.

So the FG, not the CBN, is to comply by instructing the CBN to discontinue the policy. Then the CBN will instruct the banks.

All of this will play out by Monday to Tuesday.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by rickleye: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2023
Partnerbiz:
Buhari brought suffering on us all.

I was almost stranded yesterday cos I didn't have cash.

Please where can I buy cheap UK/USA used laptops for sale?
eBay, Amazon, Craigslist
?

Facebook MarkstplCs
Dell recertified
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ProphetM0hammad: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2023
ahnie:

Your tone Sha....is this a threat?
I do accept transfer!

There's no network
I'll give you old note, you'll collect it and be grateful
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by CodeTemplar: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2023
The supreme court is just another chapter of corrupt politicians' wickedness system of oppression. They pervert justice for a fee.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Vickho: 11:26am On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

How much is in circulation. That's the ish. CBN did a comprehensive study on this before they put their plans in motion.
shut up Dorian Rugaria.
you were supporting that policy thinking it will affect Tinubu your nightmare cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Mcreloaded(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2023
The judgement was filed with old N500 and N1000 notes and the case file was rejected at the Supreme Court.
They had to use the new naira notes to file the case.

Until I see lawyers filing cases withh the old naira notes and the lower courts and Supreme courts accept the old naira notes then I will know they are serious about their judgement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by treatise: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Money that CBN don burn finish.
You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.
You be correct guy!
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Vickho: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Not yet, here in Uyo, Akwaibom
Igbo man shut up and stop lying.
You're not and can never be in uyo

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Limassol(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:
The aim of changing the currency was not defeated.

Because if Tinubu was able to buy votes, obi won't even have a case, because many people would have sold their votes.

But Tinubu decided to buy over Inec on impromptu that they they didn't even got enough time to plan out their rigging strategy.

This election is the most botched rigging in the history of Nigeria, evidences everywhere.

Buhari has tried his best.

The whole excuse of "vote buying" as a rationale for the cash crunch was nonsensical.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Engineeradams: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
I get dell and hp UK used call dis number 08036830753 wasap calling line_08028479581
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Vickho: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:
The aim of changing the currency was not defeated.

Because if Tinubu was able to buy votes, obi won't even have a case, because many people would have sold their votes.

But Tinubu decided to buy over Inec on impromptu that they they didn't even got enough time to plan out their rigging strategy.

This election is the most botched rigging in the history of Nigeria, evidences everywhere.

Buhari has tried his best.

at times I wonder why Obi supporters are so senseless
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

I can bet you don't have the old notes angry

Why are you deceiving people here!
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Parachoko: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
OfficialP:
the SC ruling is unnecessary, even if CBN succumb to the ruling, it won't change anything cos the most of the old notes have been destroyed.

What I expect the SC should do is to compel CBN to make the new notes abundantly Available to the people. the daily withdrawal limit should remain though, it's necessary
What's stopping the CBN all this while from making the new notes available abundantly?

Do you have evidence the old notes have all been destroyed?

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chinedumejoooo: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2023
If the banks start to load the old naira note in their ATM machine and in the banking Hall from Monday is when I will start to collect the old note.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ViceGovernor: 11:30am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

That should be the norms.
But in Nigeria our case different and we know so let's stop pretending.
Buhari can wake up tomorrow morning and lock up a supreme court judge and nothing will happen.

Whatever the executive say is final embarassed after God na executive after executive na still executive.
Judiciary and legislature are as useless as the P in psychology. Principle of checks and balance seems to be alien in naija

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by 0monnak0da: 11:31am On Mar 05, 2023
Limassol:
The whole excuse of "vote buying" as a rationale for the cash crunch was nonsensical.
Totally

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by SenatePresdo(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2023
Limassol:

Possibly, but not totally nonsensical.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Coronavirus1: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2023
We have two government in place one is Federal government the second government is the supreme Court, If allowed supreme Court to stand the Federal government has no Authority every single policy will be challenged in the supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by uchennamani(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

Nobody wants to collect money he would have problem spending. Also, the volume of old money is circulation is virtually gone. The very few ones are in the hands of politicians. They can exchange it with the new notes as nobody would want to collect it. If someone paid you with 50 old notes of either one thousand or five hundred Naira note, will you accept it? You won't because you don't want to stress yourself when you spend it.

The implication of this is simple: The old notes will co-exist with the new notes till December 2023. The old notes are virtually not in circulation and the CBN won't push them back, so the currency that is available for transaction are the new notes.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by giftedshantel(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2023
No old note usage over here in Edo undecided undecided
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Asour: 11:32am On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.

They're not doing anything smart.

The same Nigerian government that did NIN & BVN as well as SIM registration.

What were the 'security' gains from all those?

Russia's Romanov & Lenin are not in the best position for to learn monetary policy from.

3 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Ibrahim505(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2023
I spent 9k old notes today. Whole sale provision store placed advert yesterday that it is collecting it. I'm sure Buhari will give in to the supreme court orders by upper Monday when the election is over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Redhot0007: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2023
They are demanding your pvc for the serial code embedded in it. They will extract the codes and use it to pre-populate the INEC server for accredited voters. This will make it easier for them to allocate results to their candidates on the election day without questions. Be vigilant. Don't hand in your pvc to them. INEC should do something now to block them. Replace all the IT guys now, they are all compromised. If you can't replace them now, give them seriouse warning and put them under intensive 24hrs surveillance.
They want to rig professionally and flawless this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by youngreezy(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

explain give us na bro,make we sef know wetin dey happen...e come be like say we dey lost abeg ..
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ABLEGUY24(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

We are waiting for CBN instructions so we can't take the risk now

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by eben97: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2023
THE QUESTION IS HOW MANY LEGAL ABLE NIGERIANS stil have old notes with them as we speak and to what volume?u would notice that only d wealthy leaders have this currency on them.hence this weepin over its return.the judgement wont hold sway untill after sat election o ! then i can also see an increase in cash withdrawal limit and as then,the sheriff would have achieved his goals!

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by guru90: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
NIGERIA is a country, where our leaders don't value the masses they are leading.........

Government misleading the masses in the state of confusions.....
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
youngreezy:
explain give us na bro,make we sef know wetin dey happen...e come be like say we dey lost abeg ..
There's no "I" in Team. But there's "We" in weak.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by porthouse7(f): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
Things will be clearer tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by MartinsD12(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

Expect the dunce bald CBN mumu that brought hardship to Nigerians to speak on Monday, in a country that is well organized he should be in jail now.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Godfullsam(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2023
opeldavid:
That is their own biz.

All I know is that Peter Obi will reclaim his mandate.

He won with great margin in Lagos, Imo, Rivers, Plateau, Edo, Taraba.
Tinubu was heavily defeated in Lagos, Abuja, Osun , Kaduna, Katsina, Nasarawa, Kano etc these were supposed to be his strong holds. So i wonder where he won these election from?

He also won massively in Ghana, Cameroon, Uganda, Senegal, Ethiopia etc. These were supposed to be his strong holds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List) / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / CHYMALL: The New Retail Business of making $120 daily from home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.