Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? (38040 Views)

Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Banks Will Accept Old Naira Notes After Deadline - Emefiele / Facebook Full Monetization Package - People Using This To Make Money Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Emary(f): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
I got to Idumota on Friday and I was shocked that a lot of traders were still accepting them. Many were shouting for people to buy their wares with "old money/new money".

4 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Babalegba85(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
We don't even know who to believe on this money matter
Buhari
Emefuele
Supreme court
God help us

Meanwhile you can partner with our Logistic company if you are into e-commerce/online business to get your product delivered to your customer doorstep Swiftly
We cover the whole northern states
And we are duly Registered by CAC and delivery agent association of Nigeria DAAN
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by grandstar(m): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
Hmm, that means Nigerians don't know how our government works.

Supreme Court has the final say, not the executive branch

You know this but they are afraid.

Things will only change once Buhari gives his nod to Emefiele, Emefiele now passes the directive to the banks and masses. The Supreme Court was just talking grammar.

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ashawopikin(m): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Even if Dem give that judge weyake d declaration the old notes sef, him go reject am
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
benitwater:
wetin Dem burn finish?
CBN said there are still over #800b which has not been returned to the banking system still held up in some people's hand .
And you actually believe that. That was CBN trying to push the blame to someone else. When they have finished realizing their aim, they will release brand new naira notes in humongous bulk.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Chatflick(m): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Victorybase:
07025803104 WhatsApp/call have got 2 eBay accounts
Noted. I'll message you. You can remove your number now
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Meandmycrew(f): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
No only in some market if you want to buy with the whole money without change.

Stop and search gone wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4Tz-CMO3w
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ashawopikin(m): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
Loverboi2cute:

werey.... hope say na Supreme Court go change am 4 dem shaa
no mind am
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Uchedizzy(f): 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2023
In my area they are not collecting it they said court no dey print money untill CBN gives order

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Kaolaniyi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chatflick:
I need ebay accounts to buy. Please quote me if you have. Thanks

I still have few notes with me
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

Or maybe you don't know how our government works. In reality, who do you really think have the final say?
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by donproject2(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Money that CBN don burn finish.
You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.

You've got any link or material? ?
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Jakama90(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
thanks, but why are some people still rejecting it
Because the president and the central bank has not spoken.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by miketayo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

If the president doesn't obey supreme court who are we. The safest thing right now is to wait for the president stand, the CBN even denied the judgement.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by GOVERNORR: 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2023
Still trying to understand what Maria Antonoitte, Romanovs amd Lenin has to do with what CBN is doing or up to..
Please enlighten...

ganisucks:

You guys just don't get it. Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin. And that will give you an insight into what CBN is doing.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Lightorder: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
As I type this now , I took a public transport and few minutes ago , the driver was shouting hell at a passager who requested to pay in old note. He got so angry that he said that he is not even collecting transfer. New note or borle

1 Like

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by MalaikaEH(f): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:

The Supreme court should learn to give judgement when the issues at stake are still relevant. Nobody still have the old money. How can you spend money that's not with you? Besides, nobody is ready to go through the trouble of queueing up to pay it in when December comes. CBN should just release enough new currency.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by leisuretym: 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
If you have 5k cash, I’m willing to transfer 6500 to get the cash, I want to move around tomorrow in Lagos with public transport , so I need cash to pay transport fare.

Pls.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by chypotenti(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
OfficialP:
the SC ruling is unnecessary, even if CBN succumb to the ruling, it won't change anything cos the most of the old notes have been destroyed.

What I expect the SC should do is to compel CBN to make the new notes abundantly Available to the people. the daily withdrawal limit should remain though, it's necessary
The only sensible write up i've seen here!!!!!!
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by daragrams(m): 12:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yes in Sango Ota
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by ganisucks(f): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
donproject2:

You've got any link or material? ?
It's like you're a Swiss born. Don't you think the first thing CBN did was to burn the money in anticipation of the Supreme Court being used to tackle them.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
The out going mongrel in ass-hole rock has spoiled everything and out so many people into suffering.. he has created a lawless state and spread it like a virus that's eating the nation.. we are waiting for the incoming mongrel to decide. We don't have court of law in the country. Only mongrels and senior miscreants in ass-hole rock giving orders.

2 Likes

Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by yinchar(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chatflick:
I need ebay accounts to buy. Please quote me if you have. Thanks
Why the need to buy and at what price?
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by miketayo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
Limassol:
I wonder why some people like you have this mistaken belief that some of our politicians have bulk of old money kept somewhere. This is boderline absurd. Look, the typical Nigerian elite (politician or not) see the Naira as tissue paper. Their money is almost always in USD (or any other valuable currency), that's if it's cash, mostly it's in their bank accounts.

So the chunk of naira found in houses by efcc are owned by regular people?
Or the cash politicians share around are always in dollars ?
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Albertone(m): 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

How did you dig into that history? I'm impressed I must say.

Is there any reason you read about history?

I don't read history because I felt there's no need to learn about what has already happened years ago(dating back to hundreds of years ago).
I might be misinformed though.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
u better dnt kill yourself on top of election. Move on. Tinubu is the President

A talk from wayward buffoon. U are a disgrace to ur people.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by 0monnak0da: 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

It's like you're a Swiss born. Don't you think the first thing CBN did was to burn the money in anticipation of the Supreme Court being used to tackle them.
The Supreme Court has not ordered old notes to be released
It ruling is in respect of those. STILL out there in the public domain,that they remain legal tender till 31December.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by obyrich(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
God1000:
I want to know if people are now using the old naira notes, supreme court gave a judgement last week that the old N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes remain legal tender till December.

CBN and banks must comply with the judgement

If CBN has not burnt them, they will release them to banks. Note that CBN has an obligation to regulate volume of currency in circulation and the supreme Court did not adjudicate on that. What it means is that if you have old currency, you are free to take them to the bank beyond 10 April 2023. However, there is no guarantee that you must be paid the same volume of old currency in cash.

Cashless policy still remains. You can spend old currency too if you have ( I wonder how much of this is available) .

We have been sold a dummy. grin
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
littlenzuki:
Hello nairaland, happy Sunday please who can sub me 500mb is not too small
Thanks
I'm even thinking to use this ur number to 500mb.. better remove it before I change my mind
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by atdscentofwater: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
not yet
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by donproject2(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
ganisucks:

Go and read up Maria Antoinette, the Romanovs and Lenin.

I am more interested in the book you quoted, not on what CBN did with the money, so I was asking if you've got a link to help me with.
Re: Are People Using Old Naira Notes In Your Area? by taiwolomo1: 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
opeldavid:
That is their own biz.

All I know is that Peter Obi will reclaim his mandate.

He won with great margin in Lagos, Imo, Rivers, Plateau, Edo, Taraba.
Tinubu was heavily defeated in Lagos, Abuja, Osun , Kaduna, Katsina, Nasarawa, Kano etc these were supposed to be his strong holds. So i wonder where he won these election from?
go argue second position first with atiku before u come for una nightmare(BAT)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Best Insurance Company In Nigeria / Marvis Marshal-Idio Wins Heritage Bank's Next Titan, Gets N5m/Car (Pics) / Customs Import Prohibition List. Numbers 16 & 23 Are Car Related (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.