Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos (3442 Views)

Obidients: Which Path, Civility Or Toxicity? - Amaka Ogunjobi / Obiano Finally Opens Up, Peter Obi Demanded N7.5bn For Sponsoring His Election / 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by KGD10: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

If he felt like pursuing his political career here, I think he have enough right to do that, his preference for Lagos is his personal choice

Who cares about his useless choice? We have indigenous Yoruba choice! Go elect your useless chinedu in your OSU land

6 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
KGD10:

Who cares about his useless choice? We have indigenous Yoruba choice! Go elect your useless chinedu in your OSU land
Well Lagos is the contest now, I hope you realise the emotional damage you are doing to this young man and how it will impact him further if he lose or win, the attack manner is quite strong

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by KGD10: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Well Lagos is the contest now, I hope you realise the emotional damage you are doing to this young man and how it will impact him further if he lose or win, the attack manner is quite strong

The gibberish. Who cares about your useless toxic OSU chinedu? Go elect him in your village?

5 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
KGD10:

The gibberish. Who cares about your useless toxic OSU chinedu? Go elect him in your village?
After this much toxicity, just make sure you win, cause I'm surprised at how much you guys can vilify someone with Yoruba blood just because of politics and Igbophobia

3 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

What else do you want us to do, we are retiring politicians in AlaIgbo and you think that's not enough, come Saturday, we know who else is retiring but the manner LP is being treated in Lagos is making the issue personal

You are retiring your leaders in Alaigbo, your region so leave us to decide whether to retire ours or not this is a family matter not Nigeria or the federal, is that too hard to grasp?

7 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

You are retiring your leaders in Alaigbo, your region so leave us to decide whether to retire ours or not this is a family matter not Nigeria or the federal, is that too hard to grasp?
leave you as in what, you mean Nigerians doing business in Lagos shouldn't vote in a Metropolitan area like Lagos, you are a joke, Lagosian who are eligible to vote would vote, you can hang

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:
leave you as in what, you mean Nigerians doing business in Lagos shouldn't vote in a Metropolitan area like Lagos, you are a joke, Lagosian who are eligible to vote would vote, you can hang

Is Lagos the only Metropolitan state? grin

9 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Is Lagos the only Metropolitan state? grin
Not just metropolitan, people have the right to vote for the administration of their state of residence so far they are Nigerians becuase the governors of your state of residence will take actions that may impact your life

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Not just metropolitan, people have the right to vote for the administration of their state of residence so far they are Nigerians becuase the governors of your state of residence will take actions that may impact your life

So, it's not longer being a Metropotan ' it's not about the state of residence.

I quote you ;

AlexBells:

What else do you want us to do, we are retiring politicians in AlaIgbo and you think that's not enough,

Above proves that you are either a corny person or you are just deceitful.
Why are you contracting yourself now, you retired your gov in Alaigbo where you are not a resident but here you are telling the SW don't have the right to decide whether to retire theirs or not.

Lmao grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

So, it's not longer being a Metropotan ' it's not about the state of residence.

I quote you ;

Above proves that you are either a corny person or you are just deceitful.
Why are you contracting yourself now, you retired your gov in Alaigbo where you are not a resident but here you are telling the SW don't have the right to decide whether to retire theirs or not.

Lmao grin
The metropolitan nature of Lagos is secondary in this regards, the primary argument is that Nigerians are free to vote for elections in the area of residence talk more of a Metropolitan area like Lagos, it is more about adding even more credibility to my argument and not about changing the narrative

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by KGD10: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

After this much toxicity, just make sure you win, cause I'm surprised at how much you guys can vilify someone with Yoruba blood just because of politics and Igbophobia

Someone with Yoruba blood? Or with ancestral slave blood? Then he's got the audacity to be insulting Yoruba unwarranted because of whatever his useless mother poisoned in his mind. He's mad!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
KGD10:

Someone with Yoruba blood? Or with ancestral slave blood? Then he's got the audacity to be insulting Yoruba unwarranted because of whatever his useless mother poisoned in his mind. He's mad!
I rest my case at your bitterness, that slave is running for the governor of the biggest city in Nigeria, something I'm not sure anyone from your pure breed linage ever got the post of a councillor candidate,

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

The metropolitan nature of Lagos is secondary in this regards, the primary argument is that Nigerians are free to vote for elections in the area of residence talk more of a Metropolitan area like Lagos, it is more about adding even more credibility to my argument and not about changing the narrative

What's coronation between revolution and election? Mr man, take a look at your thread one more time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by KGD10: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

I rest my case at your bitterness, that slave is running for the governor of the biggest city in Lagos, something I'm not sure anyone from your pure breed linage ever got the post of a councillor candidate,

Of course you're talking about yourself. Go elect your useless toxic chinedu in your OSU land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

What's coronation between revolution and election? Mr man, take a look at your thread one more time.
I don't think I stressed revolution in my post I only spoke on the election and why Yorubas don't need to vilify their own becuase of Igbophobia
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

I don't think I stressed revolution in my post I only spoke on the election and why Yorubas don't need to vilify their own because of Igbophobia

Who knew the guy in the first place if not for his anti-Yoruba thread on Twitter?

As I said, it's a family matter why should you ibo carry the matter on your head if your claim of him being one of us is true? You claimed you have kicked your leaders out based on your ideology why are you pocknosing into our family matter as I said earlier?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Who knew the guy in the first place if not for his anti-Yoruba thread on Twitter?

As I said, it's a family matter why should you ibo carry the matter on your head if your claim of him being one of us is true? You claimed you have kicked your leaders out based on your ideology why are you pocknosing into our family matter as I said earlier?
Apart from him being of Igbo mother, he is also a member of labour party which most young Igbos are loyal to, so there's every reason for us to be interested in him, and ofcourse him being damaged becuase of his maternal relationship is also uncalled for.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by naijapips04: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

The issue is in court, go ask them there

So why are you alleging when the issue is in court?
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Apart from him being of Igbo mother, he is also a member of labour party which most young Igbos are loyal to, so there's every reason for us to be interested in him, and ofcourse him being damaged because of his maternal relationship is also uncalled for.

You are overstretching this matter, you can't blame us for rejecting him. And I have explained to you the reason behind that and whether it is called for or not it's not your business we are only protecting our territory from a potential threat.
You've said it all, whether is mother his ibo or not, he's one of us, right?

But we know your intention, its all about the party for you and your interest even though you'd made your choice over who rules you and not, in your region but of course, we don't have the power and right to do that here because you are ibo. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Flame77: 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
funshint:
You sha be overheating the polity we go see who go cry laslas. I don't know how you'll tell a man you're coming to rob his house and he won't prepare for you.

Go and sit down. Must you Yorubas beating the drum of tribal war in Lagos are not even Lagosians. The real Lagosians are peace loving and very accommodating.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by JOemmy(m): 7:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
KGD10:
You dey mad. Try shit in Lagos and you will kpai. Go elect your Chinedu in Anambra!

Any ancestral slave accommodated in SW must have Yoruba from his mother side before running for any elective post

Including the grandchildren of ur lord and savior tinibu cause they also have igbo mom?

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

You are overstretching this matter, you can't blame us for rejecting him. And I have explained to you the reason behind that and whether it is called for or not it's not your business we are only protecting our territory from a potential threat.
You've said it all, whether is mother his ibo or not, he's one of us, right?

But we know your intention, its all about the party for you and your interest even though you'd made your choice over who rules you and not, in your region but of course, we don't have the power and right to do that here because you are ibo. undecided
You are not just challenging the blood that runs in people's vein but also the very foundation of the federal Republic, it is understandable, before this bigotry started, I told one of my Yoruba friend, Lagos the most important city in Nigeria shouldn't go to an inexperienced hand, but for you guys, experience or capacity isn't even in your equation but pure tribalism, now you have several Yorubas of Mixed heritage, does it mean these people will never be accommodated?

Perhaps the Igbos follow your footprint and reject him, what would happen, so Ojukwu's Children won't run for office in Anambra becuase their mother is from Enugu, I wonder how you guys destroy just about anything becuase of politics, looking at the young man's academic records, and experience, there are many other credible arguments to use aside this tribal statements, what do you think that the Igbos will abandon him? Nah
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Toosure70: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hmmmm a particular tribe no get sense. Election will come and go.

2 Likes

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

You are not just challenging the blood that runs in people's vein but also the very foundation of the federal Republic, it is understandable, before this bigotry started, I told one of my Yoruba friend, Lagos the most important city in Nigeria shouldn't go to an inexperienced hand, but for you guys, experience or capacity isn't even in your equation but pure tribalism, now you have several Yorubas of Mixed heritage, does it mean these people will never be accommodated?

Perhaps the Igbos follow your footprint and reject him, what would happen, so Ojukwu's Children won't run for office in Anambra because their mother is from Enugu, I wonder how you guys destroy just about anything because of politics, looking at the young man's academic records, and experience, there are many other credible arguments to use aside this tribal statements, what do you think that the Igbos will abandon him? Nah

Now, you are beginning to sound like a broken record cos talking about experience Sonwoolu is capable and has proved himself indeed. So, what's your fixation and what do you know about him(Chinedu) and his experience when he isn't even tested yet?

You are just being too emotional and unnecessarily pokenosy.

We have the right to kick him aside like you claim to have kicked some of your leaders out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Now, you are beginning to sound like a broken record cos talking about experience Sonwoolu is capable and has proved himself indeed. So, what's your fixation and what do you know about him and his experience when he isn't even tested yet?

You are just being too emotional and unnecessarily pokenosy.
I'm telling you what I told a Yoruba friend on tuesday that The labour party candidate to me then is young and inexperienced but finding out that you guys are not even talking about that but running campaign of calumny, I now support him with my full chest, if we lose we lose.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by KGD10: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2023
JOemmy:

Including the grandchildren of ur lord and savior tinibu cause they also have igbo mom?

Seyi Tinubu's wife is Lebanese. No one even care about anyone's wife or mother but if you say shit about Yoruba while living on our soil, you're doomed!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

I'm telling you what I told a Yoruba friend on tuesday that The labour party candidate to me then is young and inexperienced but finding out that you guys are not even talking about that but running campaign of calumny, I now support him with my full chest, if we lose we lose.

Your cup of coffee but don't tell us what to do and whatever reaction you are seeing from our side it's nothing but what is borne out of his numerous insult on my tribe, just retaliation.

Ask yourself, is this the first time he will be contesting and no body ever attack him why now? Well, his bigotry posts against my tribe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by ORIAYO70(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:
It been a while since after the election, despite the glaring evidences of electoral malpractices, Peter Obi has managed to calm his followers by insisting on due process as against violence or violent rhetoric, I can remember sometimes in the past when Buhari lost election and declared that baboons will be soaked in blood, it literally came to pass.

Yorubas are trying too hard to make the coming governorship election especially in Lagos a war, this won’t be the first time Igbos were threatened in Lagos, I can remember a certain Oba threatening Igbos with lagoon. My advice remains that those who live in glass house shouldn’t throw stones. Several people like myself did not know the LP governorship candidate until this bigotry started.

The Yorubas seem to have abandoned him since he is been a child, now that he has grown and running for governorship, you are treating him as if he has leprosy just because he has a bit of Igbo blood, what if after all he wins, would that justify any bad treatment you met on him, this tribalism has to end and if I’m in Lagos, I will vote for LP, if you can’t love your own son, tell me where is your so called accommodations and sophistication.

Lagos being no man’s land or not doesn’t change the fact that a boy you seemingly abandoned, has grown to want to run for office, this is an Avenue to warm up to him, if the argument is that Sanwo Olu needs to finish his second term then reach out to him and have a heart to heart talk, I urge all Igbo in Lagos, not to abandon our daughter’s son, even if he don’t win, give him enough vote that will make him and any of his enemies to know that he has people. Other Nigerians who stand by the oppressed should stand for him, this is getting too much for that lad to carry alone.

Sit and read again what U just wrote...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Your cup of coffee but don't tell us what to do and whatever reaction you are saying from our side it's nothing but what is borne out of his numerous insult on my tribe, just retaliation.

Ask yourself, is this the first time he will be contesting and no body ever attack him why now? Well, his bigotry posts against my tribe.
His bigotry post you say, how do we verify he made those post and why now?, you seem to claim to be more Yoruba than him, isn't it also his tribe, well on Saturday, we see how it goes but he has the right to contest and he will be massively voted
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
ORIAYO70:

Sit and read again what U just wrote...

You can make your point, I wrote it, I read it before posting
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

His bigotry post you say, how do we verify he made those post and why now?, you seem to claim to be more Yoruba than him, isn't it also his tribe, well on Saturday, we see how it goes but he has the right to contest and he will be massively voted

Tell me you are just joking right now? Oh no, I personally looked up his Twitter and read some of his bigotry posts are you fuvking kidding me right now or what?
undecided undecided undecided

Unbelievable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Tell me you are just joking right now? Oh no, I personally looked up his Twitter and read some of his bigotry posts are you fuvking kidding me right now or what?
undecided undecided undecided

Unbelievable.
We all know how fake propaganda are born so forget those nonsense you guys are spreading

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out A Beautiful Scenery Of Onitsha That Is Trending Online / Is This How Enugu International Airport Looks? (pix) / Jonathan Is Qualified For Second Term - PDP Auditor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.