Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos (3526 Views)

Obidients: Which Path, Civility Or Toxicity? - Amaka Ogunjobi / Obiano Finally Opens Up, Peter Obi Demanded N7.5bn For Sponsoring His Election / 2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

You have ' nothing ' ... Yes and that's why you should have shut up. Jeeeezz!!! It's childish when you have nothing to prove cos in the real world men are supposed to reason logically and not based on emotion or delusion.

Jeeeez!!!
You bore me. I thought I was chatting with a man, an adult.
I said I have nothing to prove to you stressing your inconsequence in the matter, who are you, probably a nobody hiding behind the keyboard with a cracked phone screen and haven't eaten tonight, why would I prove anything to you please,
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by elonmuskbaby: 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Oya go and tear his name out from the ballot since your clannish law is supreme, so that they beat the hell out of you, you could have just stayed in one of your Oduduwa house and give orders for his name to be excluded from the Lagos balot since you can single handedly decide everything about Lagos
lmaoo I don't need to tear his name.the gatekeepers of Lagos, Civil servants, bureaucrats,baales and council of elders have 1001 ways of tearing his name, reminding him of who he really is and putting him in his place grin

You don't like your father's people but you want them to Like you grin

I laugh in ekiti grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
lmaoo I don't need to tear his name.the gatekeepers of Lagos, Civil servants, bureaucrats,baales and council of elders have 1001 ways of tearing his name, reminding him of who he really is and putting him in his place grin

You don't like your father's people but you want them to Like you grin

I laugh in ekiti grin
So probably you are relying on the stipulated way of the constitution rather than your clannish mentality, now we are also saying we are using the constitution to vote for him, why not do yours let's do ours, he is a great Grandson of AlaIgbo and we would show up for him, even if he don't win, he's not alone
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

I said I have nothing to prove to you stressing your inconsequence in the matter, who are you, probably a nobody hiding behind the keyboard with a cracked phone screen and haven't eaten tonight, why would I prove anything to you please,

Yes, you have nothing to prove., .. grin its clear as the day.

Lmaoo cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Yes, you have nothing to prove., .. grin its clear as the day.

Lmaoo cheesy
Yes I have nothing to prove to YOU, you don't worth my stress, hope the message is clear
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Yes I have nothing to prove to you, you don't worth my stress, hope the message is clear

Yes, you have nothing to prove...so stop stressing me. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
totit:

Yes, you have nothing to prove...so stop stressing me. cheesy
Lol look who ran out of ideas first, I knew Urchinz don't have a brain of their own, please stop the plagiarism on my contents
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

Lol look who ran out of ideas first, I knew Urchinz don't have a brain of their own, please stop the plagiarism on my contents

Are you hurt, why? You feel cornered and defeated, right? That's why you must use your brain and reason before concluding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by elonmuskbaby: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:

So probably you are relying on the stipulated way of the constitution rather than your clannish mentality, now we are also saying we are using the constitution to vote for him, why not do yours let's do ours, he is a great Grandson of AlaIgbo and we would show up for him, even if he don't win, he's not alone
I like your fantasy grin

Anyway nobody says you shouldn't show up for your son.na una property but don't expect to reap where you didn't sow that is the basis of my point.you sowed despise and disrespect and all of a sudden you want support grin isokayy grin dreaming is allowed but entitlement will not be tolerated grin moreover oyinbo says charity begins from home,his real home is his mother's state,if you claim you love your son,why didn't you prepare the home for him where he has higher prospects than following him to a place where he will be shown visible rejection even from kids.if you claim you love him why are you still pushing him into disappointment.shebi if they reject you in one place,your mother's house is always there grin

Of course we know why una charity cannot begin from home,na because of your toxic energy.even you yourselves are yet to accept each other but you want to subtly force him on an outsider grin

The people you want to push him to have been calling him bas#ard behind closed doors and in the presence of children.is it until they call him bas#ard to his face una go rest? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Godspikin: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:
It been a while since after the election, despite the glaring evidences of electoral malpractices, Peter Obi has managed to calm his followers by insisting on due process as against violence or violent rhetoric, I can remember sometimes in the past when Buhari lost election and declared that baboons will be soaked in blood, it literally came to pass.

Yorubas are trying too hard to make the coming governorship election especially in Lagos a war, this won’t be the first time Igbos were threatened in Lagos, I can remember a certain Oba threatening Igbos with lagoon. My advice remains that those who live in glass house shouldn’t throw stones. Several people like myself did not know the LP governorship candidate until this bigotry started.

The Yorubas seem to have abandoned him since he is been a child, now that he has grown and running for governorship, you are treating him as if he has leprosy just because he has a bit of Igbo blood, what if after all he wins, would that justify any bad treatment you met on him, this tribalism has to end and if I’m in Lagos, I will vote for LP, if you can’t love your own son, tell me where is your so called accommodations and sophistication.

Lagos being no man’s land or not doesn’t change the fact that a boy you seemingly abandoned, has grown to want to run for office, this is an Avenue to warm up to him, if the argument is that Sanwo Olu needs to finish his second term then reach out to him and have a heart to heart talk, I urge all Igbo in Lagos, not to abandon our daughter’s son, even if he don’t win, give him enough vote that will make him and any of his enemies to know that he has people. Other Nigerians who stand by the oppressed should stand for him, this is getting too much for that lad to carry alone.

A lot of Yorubas do intermarry with the Igbos. He is not being treated as if he has leprosy because of his Igbo blood but because of his disposition towards the Yoruba people, evident in his social media posts in the past.

As a geologist there is a fundamental concept in geology. The present is a key to the past.... Same way the past can be used to unravel the present.

Words like referring to An eminent Yoruba in the person of Baba Adeboye as Alatenuje (from inference.... "Typical Yoruba behaviour"wink, words like Afonja.... No true Yoruba son will call another "Afonja"

It is igbos that use that slur word.

So, if he is being treated as if he has leprosy, that's cos of what he sowed which he will fully harvest on Saturday, not cos of his Igbo blood.

See what GRV intends to do with Lagos obas in the link below, Let's not be foolish. This guy might be Yoruba based on his father's lineage. There is nothing Yoruba in his conduct and utterances.

That people followed Obi does not mean that all those hiding under this bandwagon movement have good intentions, GRV inclusive. Yorubas are known to be reasonable.

E jé kí a pe àró àti òdòfin Inú wa, kí àwon tí n fi owó òsì júwe Ilé baba won má bà'lú jé fún wa...

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1632620579755896833

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Roboto11:

It been a while since after the election, despite the glaring evidences of electoral malpractices

Seems a conclusive statement to me.

That is his position and he is correct. State yours and pass.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Roboto11: 11:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

That is his position and he is correct. State yours and pass.

Pass go where?

He stated it as a fact which he has since attempted to talk back.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by elonmuskbaby: 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Godspikin:

A lot of Yorubas do intermarry with the Igbos. He is not being treated as if he has leprosy because of his Igbo blood but because of his disposition towards the Yoruba people, evident in his social media posts in the past.

As a geologist there is a fundamental concept in geology. The present is a key to the past.... Same way the past can be used to unravel the present.

Words like referring to An eminent Yoruba in the person of Baba Adeboye as Alatenuje (from inference.... "Typical Yoruba behaviour"wink, words like Afonja.... No true Yoruba son will call another "Afonja"

It is igbos that use that slur word.

So, if he is being treated as if he has leprosy, that's cos of what he showed which he will fully harvest on Saturday, not cos of his Igbo blood.
gbam.he suddenly wants support from the people he has disrespected in the past

Naturally yorubas are not tribal bigots if not all the excesses the yorubas have been tolerating by the igbos in the South West Will not happen.

If not that he didn't have any connections with the ipob madness,the yorubas would have considered him as one of them but instead of The igbos to learn they're playing the victim and gaslighting card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Godspikin: 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
gbam.he suddenly wants support from the people he has disrespected in the past

Yes nah. His disposition and position on matters in the past does not reflect his being Yoruba.

It does not make sense to lead a people you so denigrate.

Yorubas should be logical with this political wave so we don't make monumental mistakes. That's how a Tony Nwoye who his people rejected and is known as a dangerous person was mistakenly elected because they wanted to vote LP from top to bottom. Let's be wise, so we are not used as pawn in another person's game!

He is much more disposed to issues that touches or concerns the Igbos and use derogatory statements whenever he is referring to the Yorubas, that's why some people are calling him Omo Ale... It is his behavior not the legitimacy of his birth but those igbos do not understand.

That one bears a Yoruba name is not enough for one to be called Yoruba. There are some characters and attitude that is required of a Yoruba.

In Yoruba land the word bastard isn't reserved for an illegitimate child alone.

1. A child who beats his father or mother is a BASTARD.
2. A child who brings disgrace to the family name can be called a bastard.
3. A child who disgraces his father or mother or his people or takes sides with a stranger against them is nothing but a BASTARD either he is legitimate or not.

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by elonmuskbaby: 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Godspikin:

Yes nah. His disposition and position on matters in the past does not reflect his being Yoruba.

It does not make sense to lead a people you so denigrate.

Yorubas should be logical with this political wave so we don't make monumental mistakes. That's how a Tony Nwoye who his people rejected and is known as a dangerous person was mistakenly elected because they wanted to vote LP from top to bottom. Let's be wise, so we are not used as pawn in another person's game!

He is much more disposed to issues that touches or concerns the Igbos and use derogatory statements whenever he is referring to the Yorubas, that's why some people are calling him Omo Ale... It is his behavior not the legitimacy of his birth but those igbos do not understand.

That one bears a Yoruba name is not enough for one to be called Yoruba. There are some characters and attitude that is required of a Yoruba.

In Yoruba land the word bastard isn't reserved for an illegitimate child alone.

1. A child who beats his father or mother is a BASTARD.
2. A child who brings disgrace to the family name can be called a bastard.
3. A child who disgraces his father or mother or his people or takes sides with a stranger against them is nothing but a BASTARD either he is legitimate or not.
exactly.it is the seed of bitterness the mother planted in his heart that manifested as hatred against the people he wants to govern and I asked One of the clowns supporting him as to why he cannot go and contest as governor in his mother's state and as predictable,he started the gaslighting grin
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by Tunedey0001(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:
It been a while since after the election, despite the glaring evidences of electoral malpractices, Peter Obi has managed to calm his followers by insisting on due process as against violence or violent rhetoric, I can remember sometimes in the past when Buhari lost election and declared that baboons will be soaked in blood, it literally came to pass.

Yorubas are trying too hard to make the coming governorship election especially in Lagos a war, this won’t be the first time Igbos were threatened in Lagos, I can remember a certain Oba threatening Igbos with lagoon. My advice remains that those who live in glass house shouldn’t throw stones. Several people like myself did not know the LP governorship candidate until this bigotry started.

The Yorubas seem to have abandoned him since he is been a child, now that he has grown and running for governorship, you are treating him as if he has leprosy just because he has a bit of Igbo blood, what if after all he wins, would that justify any bad treatment you met on him, this tribalism has to end and if I’m in Lagos, I will vote for LP, if you can’t love your own son, tell me where is your so called accommodations and sophistication.

Lagos being no man’s land or not doesn’t change the fact that a boy you seemingly abandoned, has grown to want to run for office, this is an Avenue to warm up to him, if the argument is that Sanwo Olu needs to finish his second term then reach out to him and have a heart to heart talk, I urge all Igbo in Lagos, not to abandon our daughter’s son, even if he don’t win, give him enough vote that will make him and any of his enemies to know that he has people. Other Nigerians who stand by the oppressed should stand for him, this is getting too much for that lad to carry alone.

I could have said nice writeup but Lagos is not for practice.
CRV is yoruba right but Igbo candidate. Basic Truth don't hide under labour party.

Let me ask you a question:
If you want to select a king not chieftaincy title ooo in your town would you accept someone that is alien to your culture and speak bad about your tribe become your king simple because is half blood is in him. Even full blooded person self fit be bastard talk more of someone that don't know anything about his culture.
I really feel sorry for him but he cause it himself because he has and still showing where his loyalty is.

It's not about being tribalist is just common sense.
Am more indigenous than him because his family is a descendant of return slave which makes it 100% that his a migrant to Lagos.
He should mention his village here in Lagos.
Though every yorubas can be anything in any yoruba town but only to does that show loyalty.

The mistake of afonja can never repeat itself again never.

Try next time.
There won't even be space for this rubbish again because I believe your agenda is now exposed. U na do am even reach Ondo while not try it in north. Abi your people no plenty there.

FYI am married to an Igbo wife from Anambra born and raise in kaduna. She speak all 3 language. I don't hate Igbo but I don't like this dominate mentality.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2023
flokii:
The thing about threat is that once it becomes frequent, there is 90 percent chance that the threat would eventually be carried out..

You can't cross river Niger, cross over 1000 miles and come to drag ownership of Lagos with those God handed over the terrain to.. You just can't.

Who is dragging Lagos from Yorubas? GRV, Jandor or Sanwo Olu?

Igbos are just voters, shouldn't they vote who they want? Like they don't have the right to?
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:04am On Mar 06, 2023
jahsharon:
It's going to be War. I told you already, so be prepared

If igbos that lives in Lagos votes for their prefferd candidate, it's going to be war?
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:06am On Mar 06, 2023
KGD10:
You dey mad. Try shit in Lagos and you will kpai. Go elect your Chinedu in Anambra!

Any ancestral slave accommodated in SW must have Yoruba from his mother side at least before running for any elective post

Yorubas owns Lagos, and are more populated that igbos in Lagos.
Every Nigerian that lives in Lagos can vote their choice candidate.

Why threaten to kill for people exercising their rights as Nigerians?

Will you also kill Bini and middle belt people that would vote for Labor party in Lagos?
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:
omo atohun rin wa kan o le fi owo la'le fun omo oni'lu, o se'ewo.... awon yooba lo, won bo, won ni, igi ganganran ma gun mi l'oju, okere bayii lati n' wo, ai'le so oro, ibere ori buruku si ni. awon ara atohun rin wa yi o mu leero rara, owo li'le ni won ba wa, aamo, akoko ti to bayii lati dawo aleejo sise duro, akoko ti to lati fi apari isu han aleejo won, nitori pe, oro won dabi adete ni, adete si reee, ko le fun wara, amoo, ole da wara nu, owo ife la naa si won, amoo irugbin ika ni won gbin, a n l'eku si won, Paramore ni won n le si wa, a ni ki won fe wa loju, won ko ata s'enu, won o se f'eyin ti, won fi gbogbo ara se Kiki egun, nje o wa ye ki iru eleyi t'esiwaju? Kosi akoko ati ronu mo, irin ti seetan lati kan irin, nitori loju ara won, òdè, amukunmeko ni wa...

I just used Google translate on what you wrote.
The only thing i can assure you is that Nothing will happen to igbos in Lagos.

I don't know how you intend to evict them.
But you can't evict Nigerians from Nigeria if it's not violence.

But if it ever happens, know it that there must be a reprisal , and that reprisal will start in that Lagos.
Mark my words.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:16am On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:
No peace for wicked...

If u can transfer ur PU come go another region, deep down u should know what u signed up for...

Nothing will happen, if you come out do gra gra Amry will shoot you dead.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:17am On Mar 06, 2023
KGD10:

Useless daughters son you can't elect in your useless OSU land? You will kpai

Hahahahaha.. LP will win Lagos, if you want do gra gra Army will shoot you dead 2 seconds.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by DaTruths: 12:19am On Mar 06, 2023
KillSars:

As in adechinedu or chineduoluwa....

E go clear for ur eyes, keep deluding ursef...

The kind thrash wey dem no fit try for ur region, u want come try am here....e win or e no win, una eyes go clear...

Nairaland empy chest beaters grin

That LP guy has already won Lagos.

If Peter finally collects his mandate, then carry Cutlass come outside.. army will shoot you dead 2 seocnds cheesy
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by sapientia(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2023
KGD10:
You dey mad. Try shit in Lagos and you will kpai. Go elect your Chinedu in Anambra!

Any ancestral slave accommodated in SW must have Yoruba from his mother side at least before running for any elective post

The person you are fighting for us begging

You that is a complete nobody from Ekiti is here pouring saliva everywhere.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 7:27am On Mar 06, 2023
totit:

Are you hurt, why? You feel cornered and defeated, right? That's why you must use your brain and reason before concluding.
Look who is talking about hurt to me, lol hurt for what, I just told you to stop mixing my words and presenting it as yours, it is called plagiarism,
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by D1official: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2023
flokii:

No one dreads you my dear friend.. you people are just bunch of empty noisemakers..
Highest you will cry to ICC, EU, ECOWAS etc..
God help you that Yorubas revolt after March 11. I won't say more than that.
Says a tribe that relies on Nigerian army for safety, March 11 is no longer Far we dey wait Una.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by totit: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
AlexBells:

Look who is talking about hurt to me, lol hurt for what, I just told you to stop mixing my words and presenting it as yours, it is called plagiarism,

Then stop constituting a nuisance all over the place.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by nonhuman(m): 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
SLAP44:
Nigeria is going through a silent revolution now, removing Lagos from the hands of looters is a task that must be done.
supported, I was rooting for sanwolu before now but since they started throwing tribal stones at this man, I have changed my mind, voting for APC is like asking tinubu yo continue milking Lagos state

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by ORIAYO70(m): 10:25am On Mar 07, 2023
AlexBells:

You can make your point, I wrote it, I read it before posting

Ok.... Look at our mature conversation that devoid n lack insult, train ur people to desist from insult n name calling
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by AlexBells(m): 11:02am On Mar 07, 2023
ORIAYO70:

Ok.... Look at our mature conversation that devoid n lack insult, train ur people to desist from insult n name calling
The world would never be void of fools and sage alike, if you eliminate the fools who would do foolish things when it becomes wise to exhibit foolishness, they are among every people, there's no need trying to denature them, they have their place, just use them in jobs suitable for them, there are times when it demands the impact of abuse and the rest, everyone have their place and time.
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by ORIAYO70(m): 7:04am On Mar 08, 2023
AlexBells:

The world would never be void of fools and sage alike, if you eliminate the fools who would do foolish things when it becomes wise to exhibit foolishness, they are among every people, there's no need trying to denature them, they have their place, just use them in jobs suitable for them, there are times when it demands the impact of abuse and the rest, everyone have their place and time.

You have spoken well my bro
Re: The Yorubas Shouldn’t Mess Up Peter Obi’s Civility By Inviting Violence In Lagos by drlateef: 7:34am On Mar 08, 2023
AlexBells:

Any igbo person that tries to rig election in Lagos will smell shit!!!😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Sun Awards: Dame Adaora Umeoji Bags Humanitarian Services Icon Of The Year / Fg To Audit, Strengthen Five Troubled Institutions,fmbn, Nerfund, Nexim, Others / Ex-gov Shinkafi Asks For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.