Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) (21759 Views)

How I Urgently Made a Combination of Crayfish Stew With Eggs. / See My Delicious Tomato Stew With Grilled Chicken. (Photos & Video) / Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2023
marlow1962:

Nice, I will try it today.
Will 5k be enough for everything? I stay alone so no much mouth to feed. And can I use any oda fish if I can’t find Titus or horse? They hardly see them in my area

I cooked mine last week with less than 5k and we are a bunch. Ila Alasepo, apart from the fish, should have ede, akan, pọnmọ and iru. It is best if you finish the pot the same day. It's my favorite soup because it's sweet, easy to cook and fast too.

My husband's friend a US returnee came to visit and he asked me what I have. I initially didn't want to offer him cause I just made that particular Ila rush rush, nothing special. I told him, he said I should bring it that it's been long. Na so e chop leak plate o come reward me handsomely afterwards.

He later left Lagos for Abuja, all through his stay, I was sending packaged Ila soup from Lagos to Abuja till he left.

Efo riro is overrated abegi!

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Revolva(m): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Okra spup is d easiest to cool but pls abeg i hate titus fish ..oo jist put dry fish and okporoko fish for me with periwinkle or meat it will.make d soup make sense
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by highchief1: 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2023
Voiceofthestree:

DEM deh scam you Lolz
lol
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Ravenna: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2023
ahnie:
I love my okra properly chopped,not even diced.
Welcome back nne.

The presence of original Titus fish inside okra soup dey turn me on.

Nice meal.

This one no be N500 okra soup wey you dey cook o.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by ThiagoKid(m): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2023
Gloryhomemaker,

Hi, In preparing Jollof Rice, of what importance does parboiling and cooking of the stew separately is?

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2023
Yoighaman:

Nice one.

Thanks for the video.

You are welcome.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Abakelawal:
Is there no need for kanwa/potash??

No, not at all.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
placeofallure:

I cooked mine last week with less than 5k and we are a bunch. Ila Alasepo, apart from the fish, should have ede, akan, pọnmọ and iru. It is best if you finish the pot the same day. It's my favorite soup because it's sweet, easy to cook and fast too.

My husband's friend a US returnee came to visit and he asked me what I have. I initially didn't want to offer him cause I just made that particular Ila rush rush, nothing special. I told him, he said I should bring it that it's been long. Na so e chop leak plate o come reward me handsomely afterwards.

He later left Lagos for Abuja, all through his stay, I was sending packaged Ila soup from Lagos to Abuja till he left.

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
ThiagoKid:
Gloryhomemaker,

Hi, In preparing Jollof Rice, of what importance does parboiling and cooking of the stew separately is?

Thanks,

So I parboil when I don't want it too starchy and mostly home Jollof rice.
When its party Jollof, I don't parboil. I wash with warm water till the water is clear.

Frying the stew separately helps the tomatoes and pepper to be well fried before adding the rice.
This intensifies the flavour for your Jollof rice than just mixing the blended tomatoes and peppers with rice without frying.

I hope this helps. I have some Jollof rice recipes on my channel too.
https://www.nairaland.com/7315735/simple-quick-delicious-jollof-rice
https://www.nairaland.com/7159174/smoky-hot-jollof-rice-roasted
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2023
mariahAngel:

Well, it's a kind of vegetable that is quite slimy on the inside.

Nne, this your Okro picture is tempting oooooo

Thank you!
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by ComeToJesus: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
ResidentSnitch:

Why do you want to add periwinkle to it since you've never tasted it before and the OP didn't mention it as one of the ingredients?
Una go just dey dey show una self anyhow...

Periwinkle, especially the ones removed from the shell dey finish work...you may wish to throw in a few fresh shrimps...na die be dat.. grin
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Dshocker(m): 4:02am On Apr 05, 2023
gloryhomemaker:
This cook with me video is on how to cook a delicious Okro soup within minutes. It's an easy to follow steps to making the most yummy Okro stew. Use any fish of your choice, you can fry,grill or bake the fish before adding to the soup.

Ingredients:

Okro
Mackerel (Titus)
Horse Mackerel (Kote)
Ugu (Pumpkin leaf)
Shombo (Paprika pepper)
Pepper
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqji9w9nMkA

Gloria where have you been since, we've been missing your sumptuous meals..

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Nobodysboo(m): 8:49am On Apr 05, 2023
Can you please break the process down step by step. What do i put on fire first?
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by marlow1962(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2023
placeofallure:

Yes, I noticed if the soup stays overnight it losses the initial sweetness. I have cut down my outside eating expenses down very well, I now prefer to eat what I cook than buy takeaway all the time.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 10:40am On Apr 05, 2023
marlow1962:

Yes, I noticed if the soup stays overnight it losses the initial sweetness. I have cut down my outside eating expenses down very well, I now prefer to eat what I cook than buy takeaway all the time.

Good for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Gloriagee(f): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2023
Wats ede?

placeofallure:

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 11:56am On Apr 05, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Nne, this your Okro picture is tempting oooooo

Thank you!

O kwa ya, nne?
Especially this first picture. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Delightsome2023: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
chimeremodlyn:
I guess this is your version of cooking okro soup. No soup should involve frying anything. We eat enough fried things already, how can you still fry okro. Besides, frying it would not make it draw very well. We just have to avoid frying when it comes to soup, its not healthy
Mr health counselor,carry your health advised park one side jare

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Lovelydaisies: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2023
I learned something like this some years ago from a Gambian lady. She adds tomatoes (blended or diced), fries them with the crayfish, pepper, chicken/beef/fish, then the okra and vegetable. Me likey!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Gloriagee:
Wats ede?

Prawns

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Gloriagee(f): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2023
Prawns are superb with okro

placeofallure:

Prawns

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by placeofallure(f): 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
Gloriagee:
Prawns are superb with okro

Yes, please.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by Gloriagee(f): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2023
Thanks
placeofallure:

Yes, please.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by ThiagoKid(m): 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

So I parboil when I don't want it too starchy and mostly home Jollof rice.
When its party Jollof, I don't parboil. I wash with warm water till the water is clear.

Frying the stew separately helps the tomatoes and pepper to be well fried before adding the rice.
This intensifies the flavour for your Jollof rice than just mixing the blended tomatoes and peppers with rice without frying.

I hope this helps. I have some Jollof rice recipes on my channel too.
https://www.nairaland.com/7315735/simple-quick-delicious-jollof-rice
https://www.nairaland.com/7159174/smoky-hot-jollof-rice-roasted

Thank you very much!

But is this same method applicable to "party jollof?"

The thing is:

I would be preparing 1/4 (16 dericas) of rice for a group of people. It's a low budget thing, btw.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
ThiagoKid:

Thank you very much!

But is this same method applicable to "party jollof?"

The thing is:

I would be preparing 1/4 (16 dericas) of rice for a group of people. It's a low budget thing, btw.

Sure, it will work well.
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Dshocker:

Gloria where have you been since, we've been missing your sumptuous meals..

I have been around ooooo
Re: How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

O kwa ya, nne?
Especially this first picture. cheesy

You are correct!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You. / How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) / How To Prepare Asaro (Yam Porridge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.