Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? (21539 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay After His Date Ate N12k Food At Restaurant / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs / Man Eating And Sleeping In A Restaurant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2023
If a wife owns a restaurant, is her husband supposed to pay after eating?

This is a straightforward question.

15 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 10:52am On Oct 06, 2023
I don't care what she says, I ain't paying shishi.
So if I own a grocery shop, will she pay for anything?

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nazgul: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2023
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.

480 Likes 33 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by TemplarLandry: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2023
Whoever eats must pay.
Small businesses must thrive.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by illicit(m): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2023
I don't think so

I won't pay

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 10:57am On Oct 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Whoever eats must pay.
Will your father pay if he eats?

185 Likes 19 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Puss360(f): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2023
Depends ooo...
Who financed the startup of the business? If it's the man then, he shouldn't pay...
Who pays the shop rent/tax? If it's the man, then he shouldn't eat and pay...
Now aside all these, to keep the business flowing, the man can just pay to show respect... or at least drop tips for the workers to encourage them...

Please my opinion are for respectable men o.. not all those men wey no dey bellefull... eating 5 times daily because the wife get restaurant!!! angry grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Ahmed0336(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2023
A wise man would pay after eating to encourage his wife and also to avoid future stories like "it's because of the free food you've been eating that's why my business crumbled"

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by phorget(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2023
I will definitely PAY!

For any business to grow friends and families should learn to pay. You are not encouraging the business owner if you choose not to pay. The same people will abuse you if the business eventually collapsed but they wont admit that little amounts the refused to pay contributed to such collapse.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by GreatChizzy: 11:16am On Oct 06, 2023
If the husband built the house, will the wife pay rents for living in it?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by talented321: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2023
The problem about this matter is manipulation, women are very good in blaming others for their own problem. If you eat from that restaurant and refuse to pay everyday then i will assure you madam'll put all the blame on ur head when things went sour. I've witness alot..
For the sake of self respect comot hand from her business and even if you want to eat, make it once in a while or she decide to serve you everyday'' though..

5 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Jennyclay(f): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
I won’t be bothered if he pays or not.

But I will always have my way of collecting back x10 of every single amount he ate in my restaurant without him even knowing.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Kevineleven(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:
The husband doesn't have any business going to that restaurant.

His wife would always prepare his food for him at home.

Even when the one prepared at the restaurant taste better than the one she cooks at home? na lie, oga, I will appear there every afternoon eat, as for payment, how can I pay for what I already bought.
I paid for her.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Dikastan: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Why should he pay? Is it a plate of food that will liquidate the business? The wife will never ever pay if she eats in her husband's restaurant

11 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Nazgul: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:

Even when the one prepared at the restaurant taste better than the one she cooks at home? na lie, oga, I will appear there every afternoon eat, as for payment, how can I pay for what I already bought.
I paid for her.
Lol..are you for real?

How can restaurant food prepared for for the sole purpose of profit thus making it lack expensive ingredients that should improve it's quality taste better than a carefully prepared food cooked at home?

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Kevineleven(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nazgul:

Lol..are you for real?

How can restaurant food prepared for for the sole purpose of profit thus making it lack expensive ingredients that should improve it's quality taste better than a carefully prepared food cooked at home?
I don't know o, women do wonders, so I will have to taste both.

8 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Lance008(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

Why must you visit the restaurant why can't you eat at home
If you must visit you must pay Na business

If you no won pay you no go fit eat your your satisfaction

You can pay and get your money back at home that's called maturity
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by world123: 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
Business is business. He has to pay.

3 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Diligent1(f): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
englishmart:

If he is the one paying for the shop rent or other expenses in the restaurant, I will not collect money but if he did not have contribution in the running cost of the restaurant, I will collect money.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by LordIsaac(m): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
I marvel at some of the responses above! What then is marriage? If he has to pay, then the union is a lie! I’m sure the same people advocating for payment would say the children of the couple should not pay.

8 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Slynation(m): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
Why should he pay when in a normal setting, his own portion of food is already waiting for him at home...!!
Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Slynation(m): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ahmed0336:
A wise man would pay after eating to encourage his wife and also to avoid future stories like "it's because of the free food you've been eating that's why my business crumbled"
So a plate of food the husband will eat will crumble a restaurant business?? Una dey amaze me...!!

What crumble restaurant business is attitude and inability to maintain your standard!!

14 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by GboyegaD(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
My mom sold food for years and we don't pay because it is from that food we cook to go sell in the morning that everyone takes their breakfast from. Occasionally, my dad stops by on his way to work and will eat for free.

I have said it before, for us it was the family business my mom started after SAP to support my dad who lost his big position and had to take a smaller one.

Today, it is history, we all are happy, grateful, and well read.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
Puss360:
Depends ooo...
Who financed the startup of the business? If it's the man then, he shouldn't pay...
Now aside all these, to keep the business flowing, the man can just pay to show respect... or at least drop tips for the workers to encourage them...

Please my opinion are for respectable men o.. not all those men wey no dey bellefull... eating 5 times daily because the wife get restaurant!!! angry grin grin

Even if it's the husband that financed the whole operations of the business wisdom demands that he pays after eating for the growth of the business.

2 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Puss360:
Depends ooo...

You mean men on colos? grin grin

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
Jennyclay:
I won’t be bothered if he pays or not.

But I will always have my way of collecting back x10 of every single amount he ate in my restaurant without him even knowing.
Exactly what a smart wife would do.

1 Like

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:

I paid for her.
As per plot of land in Gwagwa- karmo axis.

2 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
Diligent1:

If he is the one paying for the shop rent or other expenses in the restaurant, I will not collect money but if he did not have contribution in the running cost of the restaurant, I will collect money.
In 95% of cases, isn't it the man that sets up the business?

3 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
LordIsaac:
I marvel at some of the responses above! What then is marriage? If he has to pay, then the union is a lie! I’m sure the same people advocating for payment would say the children of the couple should not pay.
Don't mind the confused minds. As if she would take money from her mom if she ate at her restaurant

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by englishmart(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2023
GboyegaD:
My mom sold food for years and we don't pay because it is from that food we cook to go sell in the morning that everyone takes their breakfast from. Occasionally, my dad stops by on his way to work and will eat for free.

I have said it before, for us it was the family business my mom started after SAP to support my dad who lost his big position and had to take a smaller one.

Today, it is history, we all are happy, grateful, and well read.
Any woman that would object to her husband eating for Free is an evil woman

5 Likes

Re: If A Wife Owns A Restaurant, Should The Husband Pay After Eating? by Thazard(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2023
GreatChizzy:
If the husband built the house, will the wife pay rents for living in it?
cheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JAMAL'S Special Abuja: This Small Joint Probably Sells The Best Shawarma / Bread Business In Nigeria; Demystifying The Bakery Industry Myth. / How To Make Wara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.