Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? (24723 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Bungalow And How Long Did It Take? / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Building This Style Of Duplex- How Realistic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Celeboy22: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Mystic216:
Used 1 year to do strictly business and made sure I saved money for the project

Started and finished it in 4 months (1 storey)

Oga can you kindly share some of the business you did and I will appreciate, at times, there is capital.. but not what is resourceful.

Thanks
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by highchief1: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Henix:
Building a house is not a child's play. Kudos to those who have succeeded in doing so
no go Dey scare ppl.Nthg Dey inside once u have a stable source of income.It musnt be so big

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by sunday1989(m): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2023
I agree with you on that. I will be glad if I can have your contact or a way to reach you to share an idea with you, thanks.
Winters23:
Again I will say it one more time!

The obsession to "build" house and be called landlord or home owner is one of the major reasons many Nigerians are stagnant in life.

You toil for 10yrs and finally make your first 10 to 100million naira and the first thing that tops your agenda is to start building a house. Then you Bury all the money in the ground reverting to square 1.

That money is supposed to be your capital, you're supposed to put it back to wherever you got it from for profit or you can reinvest it somewhere else.

Then when your profit grows big you can upgrade your cars and maybe start building a house.

I currently own duplexes across 3 states mostly in Lagos and my home state, I didn't achieve that with my first breakthrough, I did it after lots of reinvestment.

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

The obsession to "build" house and be called landlord or home owner is one of the major reasons many Nigerians are stagnant in life.

You toil for 10yrs and finally make your first 10 to 100million naira and the first thing that tops your agenda is to start building a house. Then you Bury all the money in the ground reverting to square 1.

That money is supposed to be your capital, you're supposed to put it back to wherever you got it from for profit or you can reinvest it somewhere else.

Then when your profit grows big you can upgrade your cars and maybe start building a house.

I currently own duplexes across 3 states mostly in Lagos and my home state, I didn't achieve that with my first breakthrough, I did it after lots of reinvestment.

If you want to go far in life, follow this simple logic, don't let the standards set by society control your money.

learnt this the hardway

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Sammy5413(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2023
Where I see money build duplex
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by mrvitalis(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2023
alphaconde:
Still Battling with my first

Roofing to be completed next week.

16m gone

Delta state

Duplex ?how many rooms
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Eriokanmi: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2023
solid3:
Hello Nairalanders, trust you are doing fine.

I will like you to share your experience with us on how you were able to fund the building of your first duplex, from land acquisition to building, to finishing. How many bedroom, how many suspended floors, what kind of finishing, and in what part of the country?

How much did the entire project cost? Did you take a loan? If yes, what was the percentage interest per annum?

How long did the project take from start to finish?

Nairaland Mod please help push to front page
All I can say is, thanks to Seun Osewa for his Nairaland Ideas. It's has been able to help so many people, including me in one way or the other. Amazingly, not many people have been asked to appreciate this guy since I've joined NL and been reading people's comments. I commend your effort Seun. From start to finish, all the workers I engaged were sourced from NL. They're professional to the core. Mine was 5 bedroom with a BQ at the back, state of the art. Nigerians are so talented. I wouldn't say how much it cost me but it took me 2 years plus to finish it. I was just taking my time. A plot of land cost me 20m. The art work was superb and my living room is like a recording studio. I adorned it with artwork including my TV board.

My advice...pls don't engage Nigerians for your POP. Engage togolese or benennois if you can reach them. Most of our people who claim to be pop experts do use them as workers after collecting the job. When it comes to neatness and straight edges with state of the art designs, give it to them, same as your window recess and art work. A friend of mine working in the oil company didn't hesitate to ask for the numbers of those who worked on my site in a hurry when he saw what they did during his visit.

Masons were so good, from Ibadan. My parapets are wonderful, 2 layers with the water collector covering the 3rd one slightly. My carpenter is superb. If you look at my gerard roof, you'd not see any bent portion...very straight and that's as a result of good carpentry job. We got our woods for carcas from the Ikirun forest in Osun. The carpenter went there himself spending 5 days. He's from that side too. My architect is a member of NL too, a fresh graduate that time whose mouth wasn't too wide. I got his contact from this amazing forum.

Thanks once again Seun. You deserve a gift from me smiley. You saved me a lot

17 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by drtwist(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2023
solid3:
Hello Nairalanders, trust you are doing fine.

I will like you to share your experience with us on how you were able to fund the building of your first duplex, from land acquisition to building, to finishing. How many bedroom, how many suspended floors, what kind of finishing, and in what part of the country?

How much did the entire project cost? Did you take a loan? If yes, what was the percentage interest per annum?

How long did the project take from start to finish?

Nairaland Mod please help push to front page
Do not forget to contact us when you need the service of professionals
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by olaeffect(m): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

They will not listen ooo.

Many will build a house that the monthly maintenance is even beyond their yearly cashflow🤣🤣🤣
Later that will be blaming innocent "village people"🙄

Even if you must build, build a commercial building, you still be landlord.
No be every landlord dey live for im own house.

A senior colleague of mine bought an owner occupier house in Abuja during OBJ time. Oga retired and move down to Ibadan few years ago, rented out his 3 bedroom house in Abuja for N1.8m/year and now he too is a tenant in a 5 bedroom duplex in Ibadan for N750k/year 🚶🚶🚶🚶🚶.
Oga said he was advised by many to build a house in Ibadan from his gratuity so that he can be living in his own house too in Ibadan instead of renting, he told his advisers to come and beat him🤣🤣🤣

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Sammy5413(m): 10:49am On Mar 10, 2023
So all of una don build duplex I dey here dey play?
Dey play!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by ImoleNaija: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2023
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Born2conquer: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I bought the land half plot at 4m ajah 2018 and fence it round with gate with about 700k dec 2018 and keep hustling .
I started the project of house June 2021, I have 10m ready and I supervise it my self with the help of my brother when am not available.

Out of the 10m I did foundation , you know Lagos is water land so the foundation takes like 2.5m with Germany floor all solid materials bought myself and setting of blocks don't take much till linted and finally decking , that consume like 4m because, plumber , electrician, carpenter, and welder will work .

That's one of the stage that takes much money cus I bought only iron like 1.5m .

After that stage you will set blocks base on your plans mine is 4bedroom , 2 palours , 4bedrooms , kitchen, store, dinny and all duplex need .
After setting of blocks u will so another linted and if you like you can include paraphet that may cost u nothing less than 500k or more .

The to the roofing another spending .
Since I used Gerald, carpenter will buy a lot of wood and it's must be hard wood cus gelrad is heavy and base on the square meter , mine is around 283 , all I spend for roofing was around 3m . So I spent like 11.5m to 12m to roofing , what I spent not someone's project .

I thought it's almost done but house nah long things ooooo.
Let me just note all once not to stress una with my English .
I rest and continue Jan 2022

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Plastering chop material 2m
Electricals like 2m
Plumbling takes money like electrical , like 2m
Only where I put water thank is 500k cus it must he very tall since it's duplex .
Kitchen cabinet and others 1m
Screeding and painting =1.5
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

I can't even list all cus they no dey finish house once , have moved in October 2022 so I wish this can help a lil
POP 1M? it's cheap

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Neckpresser101: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2023
From one of my shops I focused all the money that shop to build

It wasn't easy trust me sad
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by favour32(m): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2023
Interior nai go show you how pocket dey leak.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by sheedy407(m): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2023
I bought my land July 1st 2021 for 6.3m, built a bungalow with a pent house and moved in June 1 2022, exactly one year.

Total money spent is N36,000,000

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Slimcanada001: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2023
Used a contractor but bought the materials myself. The bulk of the cost was due to my taste.

Revolution2022:
Direct labour or contractor.It will be below that if you use a direct labour

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by naijainstinct: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2023
ImoleNaija:

Considering the bolded, I doubt you aren't a teen sef. Even teens write better.
grin grin I wanted to type below 22. But anyways, you are right. I am a teenager. cheesy
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by DrAkpamudehe: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2023
olasaad:

My husband dream house. But 70m Where he won get that cheesy though he has started sha, I don't know how many years it will take him to complete.

Your husband will curse the day he met you, if he finds out what you have written about him.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by sacajawea: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2023
whatmoreng:
Na who una wan "intimidate" this morning?
Na you wan Dey Intimidated na, Odẹ
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by remsonik(f): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Please how much would total reroofing of a 4 unit 3 bedroom flat cost

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by Born2conquer: 11:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Eriokanmi:
All I can say is, thanks to Seun Osewa for his Nairaland Ideas. It's has been able to help so many people, including me in one way or the other. Amazingly, not many people have been asked to appreciate this guy since I've joined NL and been reading people's comments. I commend your effort Seun. From start to finish, all the workers I engaged were sourced from NL. They're professional to the core. Mine was 5 bedroom with a BQ at the back, state of the art. Nigerians are so talented. I wouldn't say how much it cost me but it took me 2 years plus to finish it. I was just taking my time. A plot of land cost me 20m. The art work was superb and my living room is like a recording studio. I adorned it with artwork including my TV board.

My advice...pls don't engage Nigerians for your POP. Engage togolese or benennois if you can reach them. Most of our people who claim to be pop experts do use them as workers after collecting the job. When it comes to neatness and straight edges with state of the art designs, give it to them, same as your window recess and art work. A friend of mine working in the oil company didn't hesitate to ask for the numbers of those who worked on my site in a hurry when he saw what they did during his visit.

Masons were so good, from Ibadan. My parapets are wonderful, 2 layers with the water collector covering the 3rd one slightly. My carpenter is superb. If you look at my gerard roof, you'd not see any bent portion...very straight and that's as a result of good carpentry job. We got our woods for carcas from the Ikirun forest in Osun. The carpenter went there himself spending 5 days. He's from that side too. My architect is a member of NL too, a fresh graduate that time whose mouth wasn't too wide. I got his contact from this amazing forum.

Thanks once again Seun. You deserve a gift from me smiley. You saved me a lot
Omoor! Care to share some pictures?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by olukaygold(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Building It's so easy and affordable when we handle your Building Project. You can check my threads for proofs.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by seanwilliam(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

you’re 100% on point but then it depends on the age one hit “big money”

If the person in question is young and single , he has nothing to do with building house first he should inevest more in himself and biz but if he’s above 40 with kids and wife, please building house is extremely important.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by tesuto1(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2023
Omo,money men dem dey this platform o....God abeg o,I dey next in line for dat big thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Winters23:

Not really. some mistake some of us Nigerians make is thinking everyone must be a Businessman once they have few millions NO, Building a house on its own is an investment. Once you have a built house you have equity to release at anytime cos you own the house 100% unlike in the west whe its a mortgage. In Nigeria the equity of your built home is almost 100%

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by jagaban002(m): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Born2conquer:

POP 1M? it's cheap
it will be more than that cus I remember I paid the boy 250 and I buy all materials my self , I have already made scaffolding to make it easier
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by steffi01(m): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2023
seunaj:
Currently building one. No regrets but I wish I bought the next plot instead and build a super magnificent bungalow with ample space for grass and trees (nature view) in the compound. 5 bedroom & the finishing is a little above average. Decent, mature sharp and simple. I guess about 30M spent already. We're still brushing up the finishing. It may gulf another 5 to 10 M depending on specs.
Rich Boss I beg make I drop aza for small something. Wish you more completed projects Boss.

Opay 8164302024
Stephen.Uk
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by erico2k2(m): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
you’re 100% on point but then it depends on the age one hit “big money”

If the person in question is young and single , he has nothing to do with building house first he should inevest more in himself and biz but if he’s above 40 with kids and wife, please building house is extremely important.
so you think building a house is not an investment? Look it is both an investment in status, savings and permutation cos houses in Nigeria increase with prices and you might just be surprised you present equity is equal to 150% of the initial Net.
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by seanwilliam(m): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2023
jagaban002:
I bought the land half plot at 4m ajah 2018 and fence it round with gate with about 700k dec 2018 and keep hustling .
I started the project of house June 2021, I have 10m ready and I supervise it my self with the help of my brother when am not available.

Out of the 10m I did foundation , you know Lagos is water land so the foundation takes like 2.5m with Germany floor all solid materials bought myself and setting of blocks don't take much till linted and finally decking , that consume like 4m because, plumber , electrician, carpenter, and welder will work .

That's one of the stage that takes much money cus I bought only iron like 1.5m .

After that stage you will set blocks base on your plans mine is 4bedroom , 2 palours , 4bedrooms , kitchen, store, dinny and all duplex need .
After setting of blocks u will so another linted and if you like you can include paraphet that may cost u nothing less than 500k or more .

The to the roofing another spending .
Since I used Gerald, carpenter will buy a lot of wood and it's must be hard wood cus gelrad is heavy and base on the square meter , mine is around 283 , all I spend for roofing was around 3m . So I spent like 11.5m to 12m to roofing , what I spent not someone's project .

I thought it's almost done but house nah long things ooooo.
Let me just note all once not to stress una with my English .
I rest and continue Jan 2022

Casement window 1.3m
All house pop around 1m
Plastering chop material 2m
Electricals like 2m
Plumbling takes money like electrical , like 2m
Only where I put water thank is 500k cus it must he very tall since it's duplex .
Kitchen cabinet and others 1m
Screeding and painting =1.5
Tiles= 1.7 or more
Doors = more than 1m

I can't even list all cus they no dey finish house once , have moved in October 2022 so I wish this can help a lil
wish you can attach pic.
And remove it. I won’t quote it.
I like your break down
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by erico2k2(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2023
remsonik:
Please how much would total reroofing of a 4 unit 3 bedroom flat cost
you will need to put numbers and measurement for anyone to guess the cost on here
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2023
Dunionk30:
Bros you are talking about Duplex ,Must it be Duplex ,It is not everyone that has the money to build Duplex ooo.

You do not even talk about 2 ,3 Bedroom flats that Man go Put His Family .

Well mine is 3 bedrooms Flat ooo,I sold some land i bought some Years ago ,The funds is what i used to build the 3 Bedrooms .

Even now i have two acres and another one Plot arround ATAN i want to sell to complete another 3 Bedrooms Flat.

W.h.a.t.s.a.p..p
Zero. eight. one .zero .six .one .zero .five ...six three ....eight .
Some times we wake up later in life and wish we had another floor on top. I now wish I had a paint house
Re: How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? by jagaban002(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
wish you can attach pic.
And remove it. I won’t quote it.
I like your break down
Okay .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Architectural designs of Duplex and boungalow at Affordable Price 08096365063 / Exquisite home at Amen Estate, Eleko, Lekki. with Pics / Is 60M Naira Enough To Build A 20 Room Hotel And Event Hall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.