Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,401 members, 7,830,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! (31189 Views)

“Recover Our Stolen Wealth From Yahaya Bello” – Kogi Indigenes Tell EFCC / Dear Lagosians, Let Us Do It. / PDP Looted Our Destiny, Prospects, Jobs – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by luluman: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Nigerians in South Africa will complain of xenophobic attacks. Those in Europe and America complain of racism. Yet, we in Nigeria keep killing, maiming and burning businesses of other tribes.
Let's all stand up and unite. If an Indian can be the PM of UK, I see nothing stopping other tribe from occupying political seats in your state.
Correct, Let the yiebos that rejected Akeredolu's wife as Senator know this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by OmarBashir: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
My Opinion

Ibo's are always bitter and envious of other tribe especially Yorubas politically, To them it is like Lagos should be part of their region, mind you seven rivers were crossed before they got to Lagos. These is evidenced during the civil war where after you people have annexed the Eastern region and you didn't stay on that,you wanted to penetrate into Western region up to claiming Lagos before your excruciating defeat at Ore, Present day Ondo State.

Children of History note that the Yorubas who led the war into Lagos disobeyed Ojukwu when they saw that his plan is to override the west as against his earlier secession plan of the Eastern region. They were court martialed eventually and death sentence was passed for disobeying Ojukwu.

When you look at it why are they envious of Asiwaju, they can't even say only that is a Godfather bla bla, as far as am concerned Asiwaju handpicking candidate bore development to the state and the other states he has hands on, please compare the development of those states he has hand in with the other parties that had ruled earlier.(OYO,OSUN,OGUN,EDO especially) am not saying the new generation of Governors but at least between 1999 and 2019.

Yorubas are welcoming, An Anambra woman who I knew is a Director in a Lagos State Ministry (Name withheld), She said to me, She sat for the promotional exam, had an interview and got promoted on merit. Still yet she always complain ill about the Yorubas. What can we call such person, an ingrate.

How many Igbo states a Yoruba or anyother tribe is a Director in thier state ministry.
Make una keep preaching hatred, the fire that consumed you people during the civil war will still consume you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by IkejaJobs247: 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
sammirano:
Go and recover your destiny in Abia State. It is Yorubas that are to blame for the rubbish these refugees are pushing. People that couldn't survive in their poor and dying region. Wants to make a change in the place feeding them. People that are known in making premium bad decision. I believe after this elections this people needs to be put in place.
read below
You've been putting them in place since 2007. Unfortunately, you're the one putting yourself in place. Once you squander your looted public fund, you move to street to join the owomida heritage.
Place putter
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by zik4ever: 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2023
It is sad, petty and pathetic that this younger generation will allow themselves to be deceived by the antics of the older guard of politicians who whip up ethnic and religious sentiments to serve ONLY their narrow political ends! I come from a family where my siblings are married to Yoruba, Igbo and Northern mixed tribe. I am also married to a fellow Northern minority from another State. I shudder to think anyone is deluded to think we can divide as a nation or a people. Along which lines? I can understand if greedy politicians do their usual stuff but to see folks who are considered leaders of tomorrow agreeing to be thugs and cyber mouthpieces of the rapacious gang that has mortgaged even your own future is the height of self-destruction.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by sanu412: 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2023
sammirano:
Go and recover your destiny in Abia State. It is Yorubas that are to blame for the rubbish these refugees are pushing. People that couldn't survive in their poor and dying region. Wants to make a change in the place feeding them. People that are known in making premium bad decision. I believe after this elections this people needs to be put in place.

LP gone
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by bjtinz: 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
Chai!! Such worrisome comments shocked
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by Thewesterner(m): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Nigerians in South Africa will complain of xenophobic attacks. Those in Europe and America complain of racism. Yet, we in Nigeria keep killing, maiming and burning businesses of other tribes.
Let's all stand up and unite. If an Indian can be the PM of UK, I see nothing stopping other tribe from occupying political seats in your state.
It can start from each and every one of us home state...
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by ZombieSlayer1: 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2023
ObidenceNeckpre:
to hell with biafra indigenes dragging Lagos yoruba land with us, Ogun kee dem all shocked shocked shocked shocked
Shee they said they want their Biafra and you imbeciles said no. Allow them form their Biafra you said no. Hopeless bastards like y'all. Your papa sell your ancestral land to them and your sons will sell your own land to them. That's how it is and always will be. You know why? It's because aside tribalism you bloody ingrates have absolutely nothing to offer. You stay in your enclave and talk rubbish. You don't have what it takes to succeed in another man's land which is why y'all hardly leave your region but instead hide in your enclave to yarn dust. Hopeless imps, you'll always be second-rate
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by okewumi: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sanwo should not fear. He delivered in Lagos. We voted for Obi because we Christian felt betrayed by APC Muslim - Moslem.
I was so disappointed from comments made by igbos after Obi won Lagos. They started claiming Lagos !! Shuu. I could see they are betrayals but no wahala. A Yoruba Moslem is one million times better than them.
I could see why Northerners usually treat their folkup in North and they will push us to wall one day.
We are voting in mass for Sanwo Olu. He should relax his mind. All my household are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by don3e(m): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
sammsimm:

Even if the candidate is not competent, top to bottom? U people don’t have sense
Echoke😜 Don't be offended, People are getting wiser. I don grow pass ethnicity and tribalism.
For the record, They are all Competent. Even you would have being better and not elder statemen but young man like you
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by don3e(m): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
VTJN:
to lose dey una DNA 😀
For the record, the spell have being broken. You, I mean you, can't you be a leader.
If you contest, we will vote for you. So long not by godfatherism.
We are now against god fatherism. We've gone pass ethnicity and tribalism bro
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by sammsimm(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
don3e:

Echoke😜 Don't be offended, People are getting wiser. I don grow pass ethnicity and tribalism.
For the record, They are all Competent. Even you would have being better and not elder statemen but young man like you

Ur eyes go clear on Saturday evening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by AskProf: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
eallstar:

U mean its POssible in Anambra 4 a yoruba man to occupy political seats?

Shame unto you.

Very Big SHAME.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by ycat: 5:18am On Mar 09, 2023
You this liar just come here and tell lies, hoping no one catches up to it.
Ireti Kingibe is not even a Yoruba, only her father is half Fulani and half Yoruba. I don't know why Fulani, Delta, Rivers and Yoruba gave birth to a child and you are calling the child Yoruba. Yes people love our names, but you have to do your research. I'm sure she doesn't call herself Yoruba, which she shouldn't.
Tofax:
If Ireti Kingibe is Igbo by tribe (the senator for FCT), by now urchins & Ibadan gutter media like TVC will be shouting out loud that Igbos want to take over Abuja.
But since she's Yoruba, they've all gone mute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by ycat: 5:45am On Mar 09, 2023
That igbo in a Lagos ministry can't appreciate Yoruba for the job, she knows she got the job because Yoruba are stuppid. It's only Yoruba that still do "holier than thou" anywhere in the world, people give jobs to their very own people first. How many Yoruba need and could use that job and qualify for the position? For every job you give to igbo in lqgos, that's a job taken away form Yoruba and food taken out of Yoruba's family mouth into an ingrate mouth. Enriching ungrateful igbos at the detriments of Yoruba is also the reason why Yoruba shouldn't buy anything from igbos. The woman knows in any other place in the world the job would go to an indigene no matter what and that she only got it because the people that gave her the job are foolish, so she will never respect Yoruba. Whatever makes Yoruba think and behave like slaves, may God have mercy. Workshops should be springing up all over Yorubaland to help people build confidence across the board. So sad!
OmarBashir:

Yorubas are welcoming, An Anambra woman who I knew is a Director in a Lagos State Ministry (Name withheld), She said to me, She sat for the promotional exam, had an interview and got promoted on merit. Still yet she always complain ill about the Yorubas. What can we call such person, an ingrate.

How many Igbo states a Yoruba or anyother tribe is a Director in thier state ministry.
Make una keep preaching hatred, the fire that consumed you people during the civil war will still consume you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by ycat: 6:04am On Mar 09, 2023
This teddybear looks like Obasanjo o!
mukthar2000:
Who hold ur Destiny?

Ogbeni shift jareee.

If u want to campaign u campaign and stop using irritating language here joo.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by jaymichael(m): 8:25am On Mar 09, 2023
solreb:

Good point. LP seems to be silent sbout the deputy. Perhaps he/she is a shady character hence the suppression.. I found out that is one Princess slamiyat Abiodun Oyefusi.
Thank you. I will research about her.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by vikiphy89(m): 8:29am On Mar 09, 2023
Egoat:
Sponsored post indeed.

I'm one of those who regretted voting for Obi.
I regret it every single day that passes by.

Statements like, 1) Igbos were the ones that voted him in Lagos.
2) we've proved that Lagos is a no man's land.
3) Yorubas are tribalists for voting Tinubu over Obi while Igbos are sensible for giving their own bloc votes.

I've read and heard enough of these stupid talks.
There is no room for Shukudis in Lagos State.
Whatever point they want to make should be made with Biafla.

GRV is a dead ambition, you can't insult my tribe, insult my pastor, turn your back at your own people because you were trying to impress the Okoros and now all of a sudden you've found your voice.
Go to Anambla and contest, Lagos isn't for sale, it's for yoruba propers.
Mumu dey deceive your self say you voted for obi, we know the real omoluabi and the mission is to rescue Lagos from Godfatherism.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by jaymichael(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2023
solreb:

Good point. LP seems to be silent sbout the deputy. Perhaps he/she is a shady character hence the suppression.. I found out that is one Princess slamiyat Abiodun Oyefusi.
She is from PDP just as the rest of them. She contested for Senate under PDP in the last election.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by VTJN(m): 8:42am On Mar 09, 2023
don3e:

For the record, the spell have being broken. You, I mean you, can't you be a leader.
If you contest, we will vote for you. So long not by godfatherism.
We are now against god fatherism. We've gone pass ethnicity and tribalism bro
Tinubu will lord over your kindred for good solid 8 years bro. Take this to the bank

1 Like

Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by Egoat(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2023
vikiphy89:

Mumu dey deceive your self say you voted for obi, we know the real omoluabi and the mission is to rescue Lagos from Godfatherism.
K.
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by don3e(m): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
VTJN:
Tinubu will lord over your kindred for good solid 8 years bro. Take this to the bank
No hate. See how mature you could be.
From your reply, you believe in thuggery but I do not. What a Civil-mind😜
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by don3e(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
VTJN:
😂 God need to deliver you.
Is it not same you, that was blocked because you broke the rules based on tribal fight?
Is it not same you that was accusing Government for bad state of the Country and devaluation of naira?
Facts don't lie. This is just one of your post
https://www.nairaland.com/6094191/need-support-start-journey
Don't sell your future for these Politicians that all we are saying. Wake up
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by JUMO95: 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
hilarious thread
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by JUMO95: 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
sammirano:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians, Let Us Recover Our Destiny! by AskProf: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
"Democracy does not make sense if elections are rigged. If the manner in which elections are conducted continue to be corrupt, then, that type of democracy is not acceptable."

- Gen Mohammadu Buhari, in a 1993 Interview with TheNews Magazine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Former PDP Ministers Meet With Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ali Ndume: "I Disagree With Creating Agency For Boko Haram" (video) / Ganduje: The Mistake We Used To Nail Kwankwaso, Gov Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.