Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) (23979 Views)

Fire Razes Printing Press At Tejuosho Market, Lagos (Photos) / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by stephanie94l: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by ImperialYoruba: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2023
civilserva:
Burn those migrants.

EDIT:
Guys this is sarcasm. Stop quoting me. I will never be in support of wickedness and jealousy exhibited by lazy individuals who termed their fellow countrymen migrant in their own country.

grin

You dont have to "term" them. Calling them migrant is politically courteous. In reality they are refugees

Go and look up the meaning of refugee in respect to ibo experience in their own homeland, and why they escape from it.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by yahoodetector: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
Gboom:

You guys always hide behind the keyboard to chest beat whereas you will be the one to cry more. If area boys are fighting with dangerous weapon can you face them?

We all know who are the major keyboard warriors here. Your area boys tried it in Alaba in November last year and they collect! They are just cowards who burn down shops in the dead of the night and run away.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by babytoun: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2023
jumper524:
Some useless twitter influences were parading the public space that its an igbo dominated market in Apapa and that it was yorubas that burnt it.
Can they ever report things the way the see it in their fucking life?
What manner of evil people are these guys always trying to weep out sentiment of every tragedy.

Do you know the market ?

Una go just jump into topics with warped mindset.

The market is like mini ladipo market ..what tribe do you think will dominate ?
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by mosegifted: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
Make igbos self relocate na angry
Na by force to do trade for Lagos ni ?

You be mumu
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by saintrow1: 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
sweetjohn:
Igbos are patient people. We don't react quickly. We give enough room for repentance. But when we had it enough, nobody can stop us from firing from all cylinders. The northerners use to kill and attack our brothers before in the north and we keep our patience but today, when we had it enough, we keep attacking them and slaughter them at any slight provocation. And now they are crying foul. I will want to warm our yoruba brothers. Igbos are patient people, retract from this senseless attacks on Igbos properties now before we had it enough. we don't want to claim your land we only want a good governance free from attacks on our people and race. Ww are industrious and we travel everywhere and are everywhere not only Lagos. Allow us live our lives in peace and vote who ever we want. Like I say, Igbos are patient people stop pushing us to start defending ourselves here in Lagos because, all of you will run away to Benin republic. Igbos are patient and peace loving for the sake of our businesses but if we had it enough, we can be ruthless and canibals in soaking blood.

looooooooooooooooool
what trash did this oloriburuku typed here, you that northerners are using to do suya.
better accept your faith and don't start another war that will earn your people chronic starvation.
you cant win any war with Yoruba people, the civil war was a clear proof of what we are capable off. your Biafran Nazi army did not go beyond Ore, in Ondo state before Awolowo flushed them out and dealt with the entire Iboland. you should see how your people starved to death. when you are a dot nation and dependant on others to survive, you don't pick a fight with them. since your useless parents and grand parents did not train you. you generation will be dealt with and you will pass on the message to your upcoming generations.
its not by force to live in another mans land, if you are not welcome, go back to your useless place/region.
let say you people start war in Lagos, how many are you people self, the whole of Yoruba state including Benin republic and Togo will send fighters down. how will you make your way out of Lagos to escape back to the east when you have to travel through other Yoruba state. do you people even think at all. you think war is video game.
accept your faith and shut the fu*k up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Gboom: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
yahoodetector:

We all know who are the major keyboard warriors here. Your area boys tried it in Alaba in November last year and they collect! They are just cowards who burn down shops in the dead of the night and run away.
I know I'm discussing with a kid under his parents. You don't have the interest of your people at heart because you or your parents or relatives don't have any business in the markets that is why you guys on keyboard always call for war that will not involve your physical presence.

If you are doubting, ask your elders what the consequence of the war you guys are calling for
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by yahoodetector: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Gboom:

I know I'm discussing with a kid under his parents. You don't have the interest of your people at heart because you or your parents or relatives don't have any business in the markets that is why you guys on keyboard always call for war that will not involve your physical presence.

If you are doubting, ask your elders what the consequence of the war you guys are calling for

Person wey dey chop "Eshe ma" (mummy thank you) don drop comment! grin grin

You people should try any rúbbish similar to the ones you tried in Alaba again during the day and your smelly corpses will decorate the road of Lagos.

The results of the Lagos polls have shown who truly run Lagos even with the ballot snatching and prevention of some people who wanted to vote.

Chest beaters!
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by jumper524(m): 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Ameduedwin:
and who are those people wearing mask go into the market at Three am shot the security guarding the market Dead and set the market ableze? Answer the question.
see the stupid question your asking me. Which people are you talking about? Video or proof of the people. Nil.
Proof that they are Yoruba, Twitter source.
Single reasoning una no get.
Tomorrow una go say una get sense when in reality you lack logical reasoning.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Omoawoke: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
Mynd44:
This is Akere Market though

What are u guys doing
https://www.nairaland.com/7601843/3-yoruba-dominated-areas-lagos/1
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by ka1y(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2023
guy I be Igbo also.
wetin he talk na true.
na make all igbos relocate and develope their region, if not u will complain and wail in another mans land till heaven knows when.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Dareal90s(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
CHANNELStv2020:

"If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.

That is IBB not Igbos.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
saintrow1:

looooooooooooooooool
what trash did this oloriburuku typed here, you that northerners are using to do suya.
better accept your faith and don't start another war that will earn your people chronic starvation.
you cant win any war with Yoruba people, the civil war was a clear proof of what we are capable off. your Biafran Nazi army did not go beyond Ore, in Ondo state before Awolowo flushed them out and dealt with the entire Iboland. you should see how your people starved to death. when you are a dot nation and dependant on others to survive, you don't pick a fight with them. since your useless parents and grand parents did not train you. you generation will be dealt with and you will pass on the message to your upcoming generations.
its not by force to live in another mans land, if you are not welcome, go back to your useless place/region.
let say you people start war in Lagos, how many are you people self, the whole of Yoruba state including Benin republic and Togo will send fighters down. how will you make your way out of Lagos to escape back to the east when you have to travel through other Yoruba state. do you people even think at all. you think war is video game.
accept your faith and shut the fu*k up
Oga, You are a kid when Biafra war was fought. Northerners use who as suya. You be mumu. Have you ever go to northern forum in Facebook? Go there and you will hear the true story about what they are suffering from our hand. Mumu! It's not everything, you see or hear on radio or news. But the truth is that northerners everyday have beeing killed in their numbers anywhere close to south east. The problem with you fools is that, when an Aboki kill one Igbo man in the north or burn shops just as you fools want to start doing, it's everywhere in the news but you fools don't know what happened behind the scenes afterwards. Ask yourself, why do you think FG sends thousands of military to the whole of south east and south south? Simple, Northerners are being murdered daily just the way military and police are also being murdered daily. Oga, when you start this war, you can't quench it. Trust me. Igbos don't forget and don't forgive but we first bring peace and have patients. The fight between the Igbos and the Hausa Fulani will continue to linger till christ comes because we don't forgive and we don't forget. We have run out of patient with them. Yoruba, are you sure you can't stand this length of killings between us. Think twice and stop this nonsense now before it get out of hands.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by saintrow1: 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
sweetjohn:
Oga, You are a kid when Biafra war was fought. Northerners use who as suya. You be mumu. Have you ever go to northern forum in Facebook? Go there and you will hear the true story about what they are suffering from our hand. Mumu! It's not everything, you see or hear on radio or news. But the truth is that northerners everyday have beeing killed in their numbers anywhere close to south east. The problem with you fools is that, when an Aboki kill one Igbo man in the north or burn shops just as you fools want to start doing, it's everywhere in the news but you fools don't know what happened behind the scenes afterwards. Ask yourself, why do you think FG sends thousands of military to the whole of south east and south south? Simple, Northerners are being murdered daily just the way military and police are also being murdered daily. Oga, when you start this war, you can't quench it. Trust me. Igbos don't forget and don't forgive but we first bring peace and have patients. The fight between the Igbos and the Hausa Fulani will continue to linger till christ comes because we don't forgive and we don't forget. We have run out of patient with them. Yoruba, are you sure you can't stand this length of killings between us. Think twice and stop this nonsense now before it get out of hands.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
this is the most non sense trash have read on nairaland.
ugm, esn, ipob and Ebubeagu are known for killing ibos and cows. you have killed yourself to the level that last xmas your people refused to go home, ibos living in the diaspora refused to send their dead family members home for burial and you are here talking trash about ibos killing northerners. If you want war you will get it, war is not won by chest beating and keyboard warriors. The day the devil use your people, feel free to start and we will see where you will end up. loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
wait you sabi fight but your oga ojukwu dressed like a woman to escape the battlefield and ran out of the country looooooooool.
loooooooooooooooooooool i pity you people. one day I hope you tribe will find what they call sense.

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Invest4growth: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
I heard they said the dead security man begged them not to burn the market. Did they speak with the dead security man before he died or he sent her a message from the great beyond?

How did they know that it was politicians who engineered the burning of the market? How could they

so quickly link the burning to arson? Couldn't it have been due to carelessness or force majeure?

The Monday Market that got burnt in Maiduguri, about 10 times the size of Akere Market, was it also due to the acts of politicians?

Are they claiming that every single individual connected to that market voted for Peter Obi that they now assumed that the burning was retribution?

Is it now that Gov. Sanwo-Olu is going round markets largely populated by the Igbo and assuring them of their safety and soliciting their support and votes that he will order the burning of their means of livelihood?

In what way did their lack of votes affected Tinubu that he will order the burning of their market to punish them?

They should start to look within themselves.

Slowly, slowly, they will stoke the embers of conflict, and when the conflagration comes, they will start playing victim.

All markets burnt in Lagos have always been rebuilt without the original inhabitants losing their place. Why this undue hue & cry?

Do they think this open blackmail will change the course of the elections on Saturday? God no go gree. This time we are ready. No taking over Lagos through the back door
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
saintrow1:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
this is the most non sense trash have read on nairaland.
ugm, esn, ipob and Ebubeagu are known for killing ibos and cows. you have killed yourself to the level that last xmas your people refused to go home, ibos living in the diaspora refused to send their dead family members home for burial and you are here talking trash about ibos killing northerners. If you want war you will get it, war is not won by chest beating and keyboard warriors. The day the devil use your people, feel free to start and we will see where you will end up. loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
wait you sabi fight but your oga ojukwu dressed like a woman to escape the battlefield and ran out of the country looooooooool.
loooooooooooooooooooool i pity you people. one day I hope you tribe will find what they call sense.
Imagine the height of deceipts. A Yoruba man from Ogun, or Osun telling a true lagosian not to vote their own brother and sons but vote them. And to add pepper to injury, this osun and Ogun immigrants branded your own brother outcast and you are appruading them. Quick two questions. How many Lagosian have ruled Lagos or made half of the money Tinubu stole from Lagos? How many Lagosians have gone to Ogun or Osun to contest for governorship and win? An ananmbra man can not come to Ebonyi to contest election and win neither will any south east person go to any other south east state to try such. So, the ball is now on your court true Lagosian. Don't fall to this cheap blackmail from all this Yoruba immigrants from other sw states. Don't be a slave in your own land.

Waiting concern Igbos with gubernatorial positions in Lagos or any other states. No Igbo man have ever gone to any other states to contest for governor. But according to the constitution, every Nigerians has the power to vote anywhere he or she resident. Ours is just to vote and yours (the true indigene) is to contest. And from my rights accorded to me by the constitution of Nigeria, I say vote for LP from top to bottom in Lagos states.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by vannessa7(f): 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2023
sukkot:
https://www.nairaland.com/7595613/peter-obi-hellbent-bringing-armageddon

The question is ? Who is triggering him to do it ? The streets is going to turn into a bloodsbath and tribal war will break out on the streets of Lagos and damn near ethnic cleansing or God forbid genocide. The question is what is prompting this man to make the moves he is making after losing the election ? Is he being sponsored to heAt up deez streetz or is his ego the driving factor ?

I bet if this incident is politically motivated then it's not from Yoruba because sanwoolu is busy begging and courting the igbos while mc oluomo made an apology video, also the election has not taken place and it's senseless for Yoruba faction to turn igbos in Lagos against sanwoolu now, this could be the work of igbos trying to get sympathy from the people and also make sure it looks as if the country is in chaos so they can take away Tinubu s mandate or cause military take over. They are doing it in the East already.

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sukkot: 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
vannessa7:

I bet if this incident is politically motivated then it's not from Yoruba because sanwoolu is busy begging and courting the igbos while mc oluomo made an apology video, also the election has not taken place and it's senseless for Yoruba faction to turn igbos in Lagos against sanwoolu now, this could be the work of igbos trying to get sympathy from the people and also make sure it looks as if the country is in chaos so they can take away Tinubu s mandate or cause military take over. They are doing it in the East already.
its a coordinated attack. They did it in Abuja too. Burnt down igbo furniture market. So this is bigger than sanwo or Lagos state. Your hypothesis is a bit far fetched but nothing is impossible .

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Omodua(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
sat70:
This is just the beginning. Anambra no far make una pack load abeg
Eeeeedi*t!

Has Nigeria ceased that the people no longer live together again. What's this nonsense non Yoruba's should pack and leave the city.

Very bigoted people!
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sat70: 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2023
Omodua:
Eeeeedi*t!

Has Nigeria ceased that the people no longer live together again. What's this nonsense non Yoruba's should pack and leave the city.

Very bigoted people!
thunder ⚡ fire you there fool
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Ameduedwin: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2023
jumper524:
see the stupid question your asking me. Which people are you talking about? Video or proof of the people. Nil.
Proof that they are Yoruba, Twitter source.
Single reasoning una no get.
Tomorrow una go say una get sense when in reality you lack logical reasoning.
you are engolf or engross with tribalism and hatred for others tribe as you Yoruba normally do, because of envy and jealous as a result of your lazyness, that is why you can not deduce the actual Truth.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by jumper524(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2023
Ameduedwin:
you are engolf or engross with tribalism and hatred for others tribe as you Yoruba normally do, because of envy and jealous as a result of your lazyness, that is why you can not deduce the actual Truth.
actual truth?? Are you kidding me? You think anybody would grant you audience if your ascertain is based on media calculations?
You should learn to devoid sentiment from understanding no matter the rebalance.
And I'm not even Yoruba or from the south to start with.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Ameduedwin: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2023
jumper524:
actual truth?? Are you kidding me? You think anybody would grant you audience if your ascertain is based on media calculations?
You should learn to devoid sentiment from understanding no matter the rebalance.
And I'm not even Yoruba or from the south to start with.
niether me an ibo or coming from southern east or South South region. Did you know I leave in the area where the incidents happened and there's eye withnes watch the incidents as it unfolding
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by jumper524(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Ameduedwin:
niether me an ibo or coming from southern east or South South region. Did you know I leave in the area where the incidents happened and there's eye withnes watch the incidents as it unfolding
you understand how the media works and how well they can fake things. You know for sure it can be true and can still be fake.
Don't you think it's safe to get a better view from a more reliable source?
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by Omodua(m): 10:03am On Mar 09, 2023
sat70:
thunder ⚡ fire you there fool
You should be ignored.

Agbero/urchin spotted.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by saintrow1: 10:42am On Mar 09, 2023
sweetjohn:
Imagine the height of deceipts. A Yoruba man from Ogun, or Osun telling a true lagosian not to vote their own brother and sons but vote them. And to add pepper to injury, this osun and Ogun immigrants branded your own brother outcast and you are appruading them. Quick two questions. How many Lagosian have ruled Lagos or made half of the money Tinubu stole from Lagos? How many Lagosians have gone to Ogun or Osun to contest for governorship and win? An ananmbra man can not come to Ebonyi to contest election and win neither will any south east person go to any other south east state to try such. So, the ball is now on your court true Lagosian. Don't fall to this cheap blackmail from all this Yoruba immigrants from other sw states. Don't be a slave in your own land.

Waiting concern Igbos with gubernatorial positions in Lagos or any other states. No Igbo man have ever gone to any other states to contest for governor. But according to the constitution, every Nigerians has the power to vote anywhere he or she resident. Ours is just to vote and yours (the true indigene) is to contest. And from my rights accorded to me by the constitution of Nigeria, I say vote for LP from top to bottom in Lagos states.

let me inform you that Nigeria is a country based on the fact that we agreed to be a union. technically Nigeria is just a name of a union, that was the agreement we signed with the British when they were leaving Nigeria. Yoruba kingdom/ Yorubaland or the entire commonwealth of Yoruba as seniority over Nigeria, just like the Arewas in the north. That is why you cant separate the north from their brothers in Chad and Niger, its a no go area for them.

These are Yoruba sub group or clans

Ana (Ifɛ̀)Kétu Ànàgó-KuraṢábẹ̀ẹ́ Àkókó, Àwóri (are based in lagos and ogun state) Ẹ̀gbá Èkìtì Ìbàràpá Ìbọ̀lọ́ Ìdàáṣà (Ìdàáshà) Ìgbómìnà Ifẹ̀ Ìjẹ̀bú Ìjẹ̀ṣà Ìkálẹ̀ Ìlàjẹ Ìshà (Ìṣà) Mọkọ́lé Ọ̀họ̀rí (Ije) Okun Òǹkò (Òkè-Ògùn) Ọ̀ghọ̀ Ọ̀wọ́rọ̀ Òwu Ọ̀yọ́ Rẹ́mọ Udoko (Oǹdó) Usẹn Yéwa (Ẹ̀gbádò).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

Then we have related Yoruboid-speaking groups
Ìtsẹkírì (Ìwẹ́rẹ́) OlùkùmiÍgálà people

Yoruba society is inter linked to each other, regardless of where you come from in Yorubaland, you can settle anywhere you want and hold any political position. This as nothing to do with Nigeria or the constitution of Nigeria. this is purely Yoruba peoples business.

GRV or chinedu is not Yoruba.
"Steven Bankole Rhodes II was born in 1890, the son of Steven Bankole Rhodes I. His parents were both Saros, members of a community of Recaptive individuals of Nigerian ancestry that had been settled in Sierra Leone by the British following their emancipation and who had later returned to Nigeria. At the time of his birth, this community was part of Nigeria's ascendant bourgeoisie."

They are Saros by origin, they only settled in Lagos. technically they are not Yoruba by tribe, therefore Chinedu is half Saros and half Ibo.
I understand that Ibo society is messed up and they are uncivilised because they lack togetherness. that is why someone from Anambra can not hold a political office in Imo and someone from ebonyi can not hold a political office in Enugu. that is your tribes problem not Nigeria's problem. if you lack unity within your own system then no reasonable Nigerians should vote for an Ibo man to be a president in Nigeria or hold any leadership/political position anywhere outside Iboland. charity begins at home.

remember Nigerians agreed on regional government not unilateral system of government, the Ibos hijacked the regional government and established unilateral system of government to derail Nigerians growth, reap where they did not sow and steal from other people. that is why people are miss interpreting the constitution so as to suit their own evil agenda. now that tinubu is the president and he is known for not believing in unilateral system, we can scrap the constitution, six geopolitical zones and go back to regional government but this time people must have a permit before they can move to another region either for business or to live there. this will stop people that loves to claim another mans land to stay away from other peoples region. we must introduce regional pass.

hope that helps you
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2023
saintrow1:

let me inform you that Nigeria is a country based on the fact that we agreed to be a union. technically Nigeria is just a name of a union, that was the agreement we signed with the British when they were leaving Nigeria. Yoruba kingdom/ Yorubaland or the entire commonwealth of Yoruba as seniority over Nigeria, just like the Arewas in the north. That is why you cant separate the north from their brothers in Chad and Niger, its a no go area for them.

These are Yoruba sub group or clans

Ana (Ifɛ̀)Kétu Ànàgó-KuraṢábẹ̀ẹ́ Àkókó [b]Àwóri (are based in lagos and ogun state) Ẹ̀gbá Èkìtì Ìbàràpá Ìbọ̀lọ́ Ìdàáṣà (Ìdàáshà) Ìgbómìnà Ifẹ̀ Ìjẹ̀bú Ìjẹ̀ṣà Ìkálẹ̀ Ìlàjẹ Ìshà (Ìṣà) Mọkọ́lé Ọ̀họ̀rí (Ije) Okun Òǹkò (Òkè-Ògùn) Ọ̀ghọ̀ Ọ̀wọ́rọ̀ Òwu Ọ̀yọ́ Rẹ́mọ Udoko (Oǹdó) Usẹn Yéwa (Ẹ̀gbádò).

Then we have related Yoruboid-speaking groups
Ìtsẹkírì (Ìwẹ́rẹ́) OlùkùmiÍgálà people

Yoruba society is inter linked to each other, regardless of where you come from in Yorubaland, you can settle anywhere you want and hold any political position. This as nothing to do with Nigeria or the constitution of Nigeria. this is purely Yoruba peoples business.

GRV or chinedu is not Yoruba.
"Steven Bankole Rhodes II was born in 1890, the son of Steven Bankole Rhodes I. His parents were both Saros, members of a community of Recaptive individuals of Nigerian ancestry that had been settled in Sierra Leone by the British following their emancipation and who had later returned to Nigeria. At the time of his birth, this community was part of Nigeria's ascendant bourgeoisie."

They are Saros by origin, they only settled in Lagos. technically they are not Yoruba by tribe, therefore Chinedu is half Saros and half Ibo.
I understand that Ibo society is messed up and they are uncivilised because they lack togetherness. that is why someone from Anambra can not hold a political office in Imo and someone from ebonyi can not hold a political office in Enugu. that is your tribes problem not Nigeria's problem. if you lack unity within your own system then no reasonable Nigerians should vote for an Ibo man to be a president in Nigeria or hold any leadership/political position anywhere outside Iboland. charity begins at home.

hope that helps you
Ok I think you took your time to bring out good conversation and I will like to engage tou on that. Ok, if what you said is true? Answee with sincerity 2 quick questions? What is your state of Origin? Who are your governors from 1999 to date and what is their state of Origin? let's start from here. Waiting for your reply
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by saintrow1: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2023
sweetjohn:
Ok I think you took your time to bring out good conversation and I will like to engage tou on that. Ok, if what you said is true? Answee with sincerity 2 quick questions? What is your state of Origin? Who are your governors from 1999 to date and what is their state of Origin? let's start from here. Waiting for your reply

im from ogun state.
proudly ogun state, my father is an egba man from abeokuta and my mother is an awori from lagos island.

ogun state governor from 1999

Olusegun Osoba (NON Ogun state indigene)

born 15 July 1939 (age 83)
Osogbo, Southern Region, British Nigeria
(now Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria)

Early life and education
Olusegun Osoba was born to Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Babatunde Osoba.[2] Osoba attended a series of professional courses after high school graduation from Methodist Boys High School Lagos. He obtained a diploma in journalism at the University of Lagos.

Personal life
Osoba is married to Chief Aderinsola Osoba, the Beere Awujale of Ijebu. They are the parents of four children, two boys and two girls: Kemi, Olumide, Oluyinka and Tobi.[4] Osoba holds the chieftaincy titles of the Akinrogun of Egbaland and the Aremo Awujale of Ijebu.
as you can see osoba was not an indigene of ogun state and also held tradiditional title in both egba and ijebu in ogun state.

Gbenga Daniel Governor 29 May 2003 May 2011 (NON Ogun state indigene)
Born 6 April 1956 (age 66)
Ibadan, Western Region, British Nigeria (now in Oyo State, Nigeria)

Ibikunle Amosun Governor 29 May 2011 29 May 2019 (Ogun state indigene)
Amosun was born on 25 January 1958[6] to a Muslim family. He attended primary school at African Church Primary school in Abeokuta (1965–1970), and then African Church Grammar school, Abeokuta (1971–1977). He then went to Ogun State Polytechnic, graduating with a Higher National Diploma (HND) in 1983.

Dapo Abiodun Governor 29 May 2019 Incumbent (Ogun state indigene)
Adedapo Oluseun Abiodun
29 May 1960 (age 62)
Iperu Remo, Western Region, British Nigeria (now Ogun State, Nigeria) (Ogun state indigene)

you can see that since 1999, 2 are not from ogun state and 2 are from Ogun state but if you ask the people of Ogun state they will tell you they are all Yorubas. that is the level of love, togetherness and tolerance we have in Yorubaland.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by nurusystem(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
CHANNELStv2020:

"If i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" - IBB, 1993.

Biafra 19610
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
saintrow1:

im from ogun state.
proudly ogun state, my father is an egba man from abeokuta and my mother is an awori from lagos island.

ogun state governor from 19998

Olusegun Osoba (NON Ogun state indigene)

born 15 July 1939 (age 83)
Osogbo, Southern Region, British Nigeria
(now Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria)

Early life and education
Olusegun Osoba was born to Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Babatunde Osoba.[2] Osoba attended a series of professional courses after high school graduation from Methodist Boys High School Lagos. He obtained a diploma in journalism at the University of Lagos.

Personal life
Osoba is married to Chief Aderinsola Osoba, the Beere Awujale of Ijebu. They are the parents of four children, two boys and two girls: Kemi, Olumide, Oluyinka and Tobi.[4] Osoba holds the chieftaincy titles of the Akinrogun of Egbaland and the Aremo Awujale of Ijebu.
as you can see osoba was not an indigene of ogun state and also held tradiditional title in both egba and ijebu in ogun state.

Gbenga Daniel Governor 29 May 2003 May 2011 (NON Ogun state indigene)
Born 6 April 1956 (age 66)
Ibadan, Western Region, British Nigeria (now in Oyo State, Nigeria)

Ibikunle Amosun Governor 29 May 2011 29 May 2019 (Ogun state indigene)
Amosun was born on 25 January 1958[6] to a Muslim family. He attended primary school at African Church Primary school in Abeokuta (1965–1970), and then African Church Grammar school, Abeokuta (1971–1977). He then went to Ogun State Polytechnic, graduating with a Higher National Diploma (HND) in 1983.

Dapo Abiodun Governor 29 May 2019 Incumbent (Ogun state indigene)
Adedapo Oluseun Abiodun
29 May 1960 (age 62)
Iperu Remo, Western Region, British Nigeria (now Ogun State, Nigeria) (Ogun state indigene)

you can see that since 1999, 2 are not from ogun state and 2 are from Ogun state but if you ask the people of Ogun state they will tell you they are all Yorubas. that is the level of love, togetherness and tolerance we have in Yorubaland.
Well, I don't know much about Ogun state if what you type up is true. Secondly, I hope you did not include military region bc under the military any person from any part of Nigeria can become a governor as long as he is up to a cornel I think.

Even if they are true, in today's democracy and civilization and the way indigenes of a state want power. It can never happen again and I can tell you that. So now, Fashola, Tinubu and Sanwolu had all stollen from Lagos. Pls, it's now time to allow the indigenes of Lagos rule their state.

I don't have any problem with Yoruba unity or what. I simply hate nonsense and injustice melted on people just because they are few in number and not too smart. For example, other SW states fight against any true Lagosian that come out to contest. And they brand them outcast. That does not go well with me at all. From Agbaji to Gbadebo and so many others. It's very very wrong to do such to a bonafide indigene of a state. Am sure in your Ogun state you indigenes do not brand Ogun aspirants as Outcast and telling them in their faces that they can't win a gubernatorial position in Ogun their birthright state.

Inconclusion of all this. Allow Lagosian to rule their state. Thank you for all your 'ww are one' mantra, am sure Lagosiqns knew they are Yorubas too but now allow them rule their state and stop causing problems in their state by branding their own sons outcast I. their own land. It's very wrong and wickedness to.

I can tell you with everything in me that no non-Ogun person can contest for governorship again ever in Ogun of today. None.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by saintrow1: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2023
sweetjohn:
Well, I don't know much about Ogun state if what you type up is true. Secondly, I hope you did not include military region bc under the military any person from any part of Nigeria can become a governor as long as he is up to a cornel I think.

Even if they are true, in today's democracy and civilization and the way indigenes of a state want power. It can never happen again and I can tell you that. So now, Fashola, Tinubu and Sanwolu had all stollen from Lagos. Pls, it's now time to allow the indigenes of Lagos rule their state.

I don't have any problem with Yoruba unity or what. I simply hate nonsense and injustice melted on people just because they are few in number and not too smart. For example, other SW states fight against any true Lagosian that come out to contest. And they brand them outcast. That does not go well with me at all. From Agbaji to Gbadebo and so many others. It's very very wrong to do such to a bonafide indigene of a state. Am sure in your Ogun state you indigenes do not brand Ogun aspirants as Outcast and telling them in their faces that they can't win a gubernatorial position in Ogun their birthright state.

Inconclusion of all this. Allow Lagosian to rule their state. Thank you for all your 'ww are one' mantra, am sure Lagosiqns knew they are Yorubas too but now allow them rule their state and stop causing problems in their state by branding their own sons outcast I. their own land. It's very wrong and wickedness to.

I can tell you with everything in me that no non-Ogun person can contest for governorship again ever in Ogun of today. None.

this is common sense, you can google the name and see, i even put their profile there. your comment are pointless. i have come to the realisation that people like you are just filled with hate that even if the facts are right in front of you, you will still find something negative to say and prolong the conversation into something that is totally senseless. i have proof to you with fact that any full blooded Yoruba man can hold any traditional and political title or position within Yoruba land, but you are still here talking non sense. GRV or whatsoever that shinedu is called will never be a governor in Lagos and other Yoruba state. No Oba either first class or 2nd class will accept him, other governors from other Yoruba state will never want him to win because it will mess up the formation of the region. just imagine northern governors meeting having a Yoruba man as a governor in a northern state. show me where it is written in Nigeria constitution that you can contesting in a state that is not related to your tribe. the constitution only allows free movement of people.
I shouldn't even be having the conversation with you, we are not of the same tribe because a full blooded Yoruba person will understand this.

"I can tell you with everything in me that no non-Ogun person can contest for governorship again ever in Ogun of today. None. [/quote]"
I have now come to the conclusion that you have nothing tangible to say, your comment doesn't make any sense. the current governor is an indigene of Ogun going for the second term. Ogun state people don't care if you are from Ogun state or not, as long as you are a full blooded Yoruba.
NO tribe will ever be a governor in any Yoruba state, GRV shinedu is half Saro and half Ibo who is a member of the notorious terrorist group ipob, therefore he is not one of us.
if you want to win election now in Yoruba state, it best to be with APC, i will strongly advice seyi makinde to switch after getting re elected back into office for second term.
Re: Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) by sweetjohn(m): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
saintrow1:

this is common sense, you can google the name and see, i even put their profile there. your comment are pointless. i have come to the realisation that people like you are just filled with hate that even if the facts are right in front of you, you will still find something negative to say and prolong the conversation into something that is totally senseless. i have proof to you with fact that any full blooded Yoruba man can hold any traditional and political title or position within Yoruba land, but you are still here talking non sense. GRV or whatsoever that shinedu is called will never be a governor in Lagos and other Yoruba state. No Oba either first class or 2nd class will accept him, other governors from other Yoruba state will never want him to win because it will mess up the formation of the region. just imagine northern governors meeting having a Yoruba man as a governor in a northern state. show me where it is written in Nigeria constitution that you can contesting in a state that is not related to your tribe. the constitution only allows free movement of people.
I shouldn't even be having the conversation with you, we are not of the same tribe because a full blooded Yoruba person will understand this.

"I can tell you with everything in me that no non-Ogun person can contest for governorship again ever in Ogun of today. None. "
I have now come to the conclusion that you have nothing tangible to say, your comment doesn't make any sense. the current governor is an indigene of Ogun going for the second term. Ogun state people don't care if you are from Ogun state or not, as long as you are a full blooded Yoruba.
NO tribe will ever be a governor in any Yoruba state, GRV shinedu is half Saro and half Ibo who is a member of the notorious terrorist group ipob, therefore he is not one of us.
if you want to win election now in Yoruba state, it best to be with APC, i will strongly advice seyi makinde to switch after getting re elected back into office for second term.

Your first post was sensible and convincing but with this one now I am adamant that all of you are thieves. What will you crooks gain in syphoning the wealth of Lagosians? Thieves. Ole. Criminal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market / Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party / Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.