Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

XXXXX - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / XXXXX (13474 Views)

XXXXX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XXXXX by ak47mann(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2011
Abia state upon all their natural resources their state and ebony state carry last in the whole SE embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: South-East
Like I said, statistics is a powerful tool in the hands of deviant and failed administrators. Anybody can pull statistics from anywhere to justify evil. I strongly doubt that those workers were not more qualified than Abians. Normally that is how such things happen. But like I said already, the issue is "income". If Orji wants to improve the economic fortunes of his people, he can support an aggressive job creation with massive investments. He can do that, but he won't because he is busy stealing.

I can now understand why SE governors can't come together to do regional economic development.
How can a Peter Obi and Rochas Okorocha work with a tunnel-visioned Theodore Orji? Or even an Enugu-only visioned Chime?

Igbos should kick these governors out if they want to be relevant in Nigeria, or if they want to develop SE into an economic giant.
I don talk my own o!

If you think Abians are less educated than other Igbos, even when JAMB/other literacy records stare you in the face, then I think I know whom you are in real life? I have squared up with such parochial argument in the past.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
You people are funny. One inseparable Igbo? Abolishing indigeneship? I don't even know whether to laugh out loud or to just shake my head.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
Those crying wolf here must be those whose brothers dominated Abia workforce. Now the Gov wants to redress the anomaly. I support him to the extent I have stated here. Let's see data for how many Abians work in other states.
Re: XXXXX by kingjoe(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
abia state govt conducted test into its civil service in 2009 and 2010 but uptil now , none of them has resumed work after the the interview. imo employed not less than 2000 last year, and likewise other states .pls ther should be a way to accomodate abians that want this civil service  jobs as non indegenes should not prevent abians from working in their state. i suggest having  a quota system tto accomodate indigenes and non indigenes .what do u think?
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2011

Nobody dreams such a dream more than me. But first, this particular anomaly (a whopping 50% of Abia workforce not coming from that state) has to be redressed. I have nothing personal to gain here; I do not live anywhere near Nigeria.

Again, you have no credible source to back that up. But like I said, it is not the issue.
The way a rat addresses a water socked skin is different from the way a lizard address the same problem.
We Igbos are rats in Nigeria. We cannot afford to swim or play with water.
Orji should see the larger picture or else he is endangering Igbo unity. Nuff said.
Re: XXXXX by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2011
Theodoore Orji may get the thrid term that Obasanjo wasn't able to get. He's beginning to gain the support of Abians by playing on their emotions.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Again, you have no credible source to back that up. But like I said, it is not the issue.
The way a rat addresses a water socked skin is different from the way a lizard address the same problem.
We Igbos are rats in Nigeria. We cannot afford to swim or play with water.
Orji should see the larger picture or else he is endangering Igbo unity. Nuff said.

As we speak, many are happy in Abia about this. And how did you arrive at your own conclusion that those non-Abians are more educated than Abians or that most kidnappers in Anambra are from Abia?
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
Abia should not, cannot and must never be for Abians only. But 50% of Abia State's workforce should not, cannot and must not come from outside Abia. 20% is okay.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2011

If you think Abians are less educated than other Igbos, even when JAMB/other literacy records stare you in the face, then I think I know whom you are in real life? I have squared up with such parochial argument in the past.

I doubt that we've met in real life.  cool I don't dwell on statistics because it is a windy issue especially when it deals with who is more educated that the other. I am more into real issues.

The issue here is "INCOME" not education. Maybe he feels that other Igbos are making money in Abia state more than Abians. I doubt whether he understands the full import of that mindset.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

I doubt that we've met in real life.  cool I don't dwell on statistics because it is a windy issue especially when it deals with who is more educated that the other. I am more into real issues.

The issue here is "INCOME" not education. Maybe he feels that other Igbos are making money in Abia state more than Abians. I doubt whether he understands the full import of that mindset.

Therein lies the problem: understanding. He cannot feel that other Igbos are making money in Abia more than others because those he sacked are civil servants whose salaries will not be different from those of their Abia equivalents. Got it? BTW, how did you draw the conclusion that those sacked are all Igbos? Did you read about the Yoruba man in the first article? I know people from Akwa Ibom working in Abia State.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2011

As we speak, many are happy in Abia about this. And how did you arrive at your own conclusion that those non-Abians are more educated than Abians or that most kidnappers in Anambra are from Abia?

People (especially lazy ones) are always happy when told that "foreigners" are to be sent packing. Check your history.
I tell you, Abia is in for a very rough ride and for a very long time. I see why a character like Orji managed to hold the state hostage.

Again, education statistics don't play much role in Nigerian politics. Igbos are perhaps the most educated of the majority tribes in Nigeria, but we are the least powerful politically in Nigeria; and yes even other groups dominate the federal civial service more than us, despite our education. There is a reason for that.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
[quote="femmy2010"]I wonder what Nigeria would look like if other state Governments decides to copy what Mr Abia has done?[/quote]

[quote="ezeagu"]Lagos decongested, no more victims for northern vigilantes, states gaining middle class, forced development (including international airports), regions with more balanced populations, easier separation of Nigeria. Pretty great.[/quote]

GBAM.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

People (especially lazy ones) are always happy when told that "foreigners" are to be sent packing. Check your history.
I tell you, Abia is in for a very rough ride and for a very long time. I see why a character like Orji managed to hold the state hostage.

Again, education statistics don't play much role in Nigerian politics. Igbos are perhaps the most educated of the majority tribes in Nigeria, but we are the least powerful politically in Nigeria; and yes even other groups dominate the federal civial service more than us, despite our education. There is a reason for that.

Can you at least answer my questions? How did most of the kidnappers in Anambra become Abia indigenes?
Nobody has sent anyone packing from Abia; the Gov simply redressed a long-standing anomaly. I agree he should have done it more subtly.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2011
Enough talk Orji, do something useful for once in your useless goat life and execute deportation.

Onlytruth:

I tell you, Abia is in for a very rough ride and for a very long time.
Abi you go miss your "properties"? grin
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2011

Therein lies the problem: understanding. He cannot feel that other Igbos are making money in Abia more than others because those he sacked are civil servants whose salaries will not be different from those of their Abia equivalents. Got it? BTW, how did you draw the conclusion that those sacked are all Igbos? Did you read about the Yoruba man in the first article? I know people from Akwa Ibom working in Abia State.

It is self evident. Again, even if FEW Igbos are affected, Orji has put a knife further into the Igbo unity project.
His policy is myopic and almost re-tarded. I'm not even talking about other Nigerians now; just Igbo. The ramifications for other Igbo outside Igboland is even bigger.

Civil service retrenchments are always huge issues. Folks don't forget it fast. He should create jobs for Abians by other means. Populist and ill-thought out policies should be condemned.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ChinenyeN

LOL you think my family land is in danger in anyway? Keep dreaming. BTW we own half of Aba. cool
Now go and die. tongue
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@ChinenyeN

LOL you think my family land is in danger in anyway? Keep dreaming. BTW we own half of Aba.  cool
Now go and die.  tongue
Only after I watch you and this your "we" bathe in a pool of acidic goat feces will I be satisfied and prepared to die. grin
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ ChinenyeN
Seriously speaking now. There is not a single civil service person in my entire lineage. We are businessmen through and through.

Stepping over you now , . . . as always. IGNORED. cool
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Onlytruth link=topic=760174.msg9155209#msg9155209 date=1316115732:

Abia has many things going for it; It is less populated than other Igbo states minus Ebonyi; it has one of the lowest poverty levels in Nigeria; it has the second (or third) highest literacy level in Nigeria; it has median quantity of arable land in Igboland, only second to Ebonyi and Enugu. It has one of the hardest working and industrious human beings that walk planet earth. It has oil and other natural raw materials. It just needs a little push and it will get going. As soon as we do away with Orji and get a competent Gov, see how things unfold. I do not think this redress will worsen Abia's situation. Thank you
Re: XXXXX by anthony86(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
This is One of the fundamental flaws of the constitution of this country.thats the more reason why we need a sovereign national conference. State Creation decree was a Scam by the military.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
@South-East

For everything you listed about Abia, Anambra state has it more. In fact Anambra state is FAR richer in terms of human, natural and land/agricultural resources. I won't debate that because it is self evident. Again, such debate is for folks with time on their hands.
I don't have such time. Igboland is more interesting and I can give my time to it.

@Topic,

Governor Orji is a certified GOAT.  cool

Here is where I leave the thread now.

Signing off.
Yours truly,

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

It is self evident. Again, even if FEW Igbos are affected, Orji has put a knife further into the Igbo unity project.
His policy is myopic and almost re-tarded. I'm not even talking about other Nigerians now; just Igbo. The ramifications for other Igbo outside Igboland is even bigger.

Civil service retrenchments are always huge issues. Folks don't forget it fast. He should create jobs for Abians by other means. Populist and ill-thought out policies should be condemned.

My friend, it takes a drastic act to clean up a mess. If this is the harbinger to the cleaning up of the indigeneship mess, so be it. May be when every other Nigerian working in other states civil service are fired, we will then all sit down and talk about how to abolish indigeneship.
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ezeagu, how can we ever have an Igbo-only country as you espouse when you support this? Is this how we shall live in that country?
Bros I'm speechless at your support for this!  shocked

You have to see it like this: What are a couple of Anambra traders in Aba doing for development in the south east? Very little, now measure the effects of most of the Anambra, Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, etc. middle class indigenes rushing back into these states from Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Benin, etc. Can you imagine the amount of pressure this could cause for development? Not to even talk of the effects on the Igbo kids who know little to nothing about their culture and language.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@South-East

For everything you listed about Abia, Anambra state has it more. In fact Anambra state is FAR richer in terms of human, natural and land/agricultural resources. I won't debate that because it is self evident. Again, such debate is for folks with time on their hands.
I don't have such time. Igboland is more interesting and I can give my time to it.

@Topic,

Governor Orji is a certified GOAT.  cool

Here is where I leave the thread now.

Signing off.
Yours truly,

Onlytruth.  cool cool cool

Thanks for making it about Anambra. I told you I have dealt with such in the past. Now can you leave Orji to clean up the mess. Thank you.
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

In fact Anambra state is FAR richer in terms of human, natural and land/agricultural resources. I won't debate that because it is self evident. Again, such debate is for folks with time on their hands.

Exactly why Igbo people are not a "inseparable-nation", the same statements above is the reason why there are so many groups disassociating themselves with the Igbo label lest they become census boosters for people with superiority complexes. You shouldn't forget that Omambara has no ties to the Atlantic ocean whatsoever.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@ ChinenyeN
Seriously speaking now. There is not a single civil service person in my entire lineage. We are businessmen through and through.
Don't worry. It's not like people have plans to banish non-indigenes for eternity. Don't look at it that way.

Onlytruth:

Stepping over you now ,  . . .  as always. IGNORED.  cool
You have learned to push me aside real quick abi? grin It's cool.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ezeagu,

You were talking some sense and giving some flesh to your position here. .

You have to see it like this: What are a couple of Anambra traders in Aba doing for development in the south east? Very little, now measure the effects of most of the Anambra, Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, etc. middle class indigenes rushing back into these states from Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Benin, etc. Can you imagine the amount of pressure this could cause for development? Not to even talk of the effects on the Igbo kids who know little to nothing about their culture and language.

. . and you suddenly said this:

Posted by: ezeagu

Exactly why Igbo people are not a "inseparable-nation", the same statements above is the reason why there are so many groups disassociating themselves with the Igbo label lest they become census boosters for people with superiority complexes. You shouldn't forget that Omambara has no ties to the Atlantic ocean whatsoever.

You see why some of my Nnewi brothers laugh at me when I talk about Igbo being one. Where did that come from?
I was responding to South-East who is always into statistics about land and space.

After interacting with some of you guys, believe me , I wonder how Ojukwu was able to hold Biafra together for almost 3 years. You always feel funny.

Is Abia state richer than Anambra state? Even potentially? If you believe that, you are deceiving yourself. cool
Your "Omambara has no ties to the Atlantic ocean whatsoever" remark is the most reta-rded post you ever made on Nairaland. Do you have that access?  undecided  mscheeew.  undecided

Nna I'm really disappointed in you frankly,
Re: XXXXX by danjohn: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
This story breaks my heart. It is unfortunate that ethnic bigotry is an indelible part of Nigeria's DNA.
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
i can see onlytruth has not changed.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: asha 80

i can see onlytruth has not changed.

And I guess you support Theodore Orji? undecided
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: asha 80
And I guess you support Theodore Orji? undecided

by now you should know i have always seen Orji as a cretin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed / INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive / PDP's Control Shaky, As SDP Set To Create Upset In Bayelsa, Rivers And Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.