Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

XXXXX - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / XXXXX (13468 Views)

XXXXX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 12:19am On Sep 16, 2011
asha 80:

in a normal society yes.nothing normal about nigeria.
Okay. I see what you're getting at now. So do you think that that standard short term disadvantage would last "long term"?

asha 80:

excuse='standardized igbo' led to demise of dialects.sounds hilarious to me.
Oh okay. Well, I see how that's possible, especially if said dialect is spoken by a small group of people.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

@South-East

Like I said before, you can defend Orji and his tunnel-view policy. You are entitled to your views.
I won't even address your comments now because we have reached a stalemate.

Kwere kwa nke ikwere nwanne!  cool

I am not in any stalemate with you or anyone else for that matter. It is a free world to express your views, as the cyberspace is large enough a receptacle to accommodate all shades. What is not permissible is nak/ed, blatant lies, and covert, selfish motives. Okay Plus, you may do well to stop sticking your Anambra[b]ness[/b] into anyone's face. Nobody cares.
Re: XXXXX by yarodin: 12:29am On Sep 16, 2011
If people like they can complain forever, but T Orji did the right thing. How can 50% of the State work force be non Abians? I bet you if you go to Anambra, Enugu, yes Abians are living there, but we do not even constitute 5% of the State work force. Abeg make we hear word ojare.
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 12:30am On Sep 16, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Okay. I see what you're getting at now. So do you think that that standard short term disadvantage would last "long term"?

that is my fear.if infrastructures(of course light important here) were good then it will certainly be short term as industriousness of the people will help them adapt quickly but knowing how abia is now(anybody that lives there or knows there well will tell you)with dearth of infrastructure and quite frankly no real hope that orji will do much the it tends towards longer term.benefits as you know from govt is out of the question.

ChinenyeN:

Oh okay. Well, I see how that's possible, especially if said dialect is spoken by a small group of people.

dissappearance of dialects would still have occured as increasing socialization of different clans or groups occured coupled with 'invasion of english'.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2011
asha 80:

that is my fear.if infrastructures(of course light important here) were good then it will certainly be short term as industriousness of the people will help them adapt quickly but knowing how abia is now(anybody that lives there or knows there well will tell you)with dearth of infrastructure and quite frankly no real hope that orji will do much the it tends towards longer term.benefits as you know from govt is out of the question.
I see exactly what you mean. Basically, as at now, you think Abia is not in a position to manage/handle such a quick and drastic shift, and considering the deplorable infrastructure, you may actually be very correct. You're making a lot of sense, but at the same time, the way I see it, the drastic shift may actually be a driving force toward infrastructure development that Abia so desperately needs. The biggest hurdle is that we likely will not be able to count on Orji administration to make use of such driving force. To be honest, I think we can avoid it extending over into a long-term disadvantage

asha 80:

dissappearance of dialects would still have occured as increasing socialization of different clans or groups occured coupled with 'invasion of english'.
Oh okay. I see exactly what you're saying now. You're right standardized Igbo isn't an excuse or it's wrong to act like it is "the only reason".
Re: XXXXX by Kc3000: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2011
50% That's just rubbish. My Mom has been in the civil service in Abia state for many years, in different ministries. I'm very familiar with the system, and there's no way anything less than 90% of the civil servants are not from Abia. The few non-Abians I saw are people who are there by appointment and would leave with whatever administration they came in with or whenever the appointment is terminated. Maybe, because TA Orji announced it like it is some big achievement, people are overreacting like some big change is about to happen. There are sooooo few people that would be affected by this. I doubt you would find many non-indigenes in the civil service of other states, most can barely accommodate their own people not to talk of others. I blame Orji for making it a big deal, its pretty much the status quo in Nigeria. If you are not smart enough to grasp that this only applies to government workers, then I cannot help you.
    @onlytruth, clap for yourself. You are really impressed with this your Anambra, unfortunately we are NOT. It's your type that's driving a wedge in Igbo unity, with your unguarded comments.  You can make your point without trying to insult the generality of Abians.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Kc3000 link=topic=760174.msg9156280#msg9156280 date=1316132417]
50% That's just rubbish. My Mom has been in the civil service in Abia state for many years, in different ministries. I'm very familiar with the system, and there's no way anything less than 90% of the civil servants are not from Abia. The few non-Abians I saw are people who are there by appointment and would leave with whatever administration they came in with or whenever the appointment is terminated. Maybe, because TA Orji announced it like it is some big achievement, people are overreacting like some big change is about to happen. There are sooooo many few people that would be affected by this. I doubt you would find many non-indigenes in the civil service of other states, most can barely accommodate their own people not to talk of others. I blame Orji for making it a big deal, its pretty much the status quo in Nigeria. If you are not smart enough to grasp that this only applies to government workers, then I cannot help you.
    @onlytruth, clap for yourself. You are really impressed with this your Anambra, unfortunately we are NOT. It's your type that's driving a wedge in Igbo unity, with your unguarded comments.  You can make your point without trying to insult the generality of Abians.  

Thanks for this contribution. If indeed it is 90% Abians out of 100 % staff working in Abia[b] STATE GOV [/b]ministries, then we can all go to sleep. That has been my point. I am done with this thread.
Re: XXXXX by erniok(m): 1:38am On Sep 16, 2011
a fool @ forty is an idiot forever. the ignoramus that wrote this article really deserves to be flogged. the governor of abia state never had any plans for his village, let alone abia state. he has spent better part of his two terms cajoling his master and predecessor, orji uzor kalu. it's true that both of them are very selfish, orji uzor kalu, did better: he constructed some roads(though they never lasted), renovated schools,(though he did not finish that), he cannot be compared with the present governor who has no fore-sight and vision. how can a governor focus his attention on painting the coverts, instead of working on the roads?, how can a governor, who receives billions of naira from the federal government in security votes and the rest of them on a monthly basis, spend the money, buying properties in umuahia, aba, lagos, port-harcourt, abuja, even abroad, but does not hae money to pat civil servants? is he blind to what his imo state counterpart is doing? imo state governor, owelle rochas okorocha, has gotten himself busy creating jobs, granting free education, constructing roads, renovating schools, the same as tthe rivers state governor-rotimi amechi(kudos, sir!). the thing is abians have not really been lucky when it comes to who rules the state. abia is one of the worst states in nigeria. they battle insecurity, bad roads, bad economy, very poor governance, non- democratic environment. has the governor ever given it a thought that if all the governors send abians in their states' civil service back to abia that he will never be able to employ all of them(he can't even pay the ones that he has now)!. has thought of the security threat sacking people and leaving them unemployed can and will cause his state?, has he thought about the total anarchy that will bring about in this great country, nigeria?(T.A ORJI, USE YOUR HEAD). PHEW cheesy cool tongue grin THANK GOD I AM NOT FORM ABIA STATE!
Re: XXXXX by ektbear: 2:03am On Sep 16, 2011
Very interesting thread.
Re: XXXXX by Wallie(m): 2:07am On Sep 16, 2011
This can spell trouble for Nigeria in the long run. What’s to stop other States from retaliating in different sectors of their State’s economy?

For example, if people from Imo bear the brunt of such action, what’s to stop the Imo govt from expelling Abians or other indigenes from key sectors of their economy because they now have an influx of recently unemployed people looking for any type of job? Why should the Imo govt only retaliate in the State public sector? Here’s a scenario, if Imo doesn’t have a high number of Abians in their State’s economy but do have a lot of rich Abians owning real properties in a desirable area of the State, as the governor/legislature of Imo, I would increase the taxes on properties by 1000% and give everybody a waiver except Abians.

If I’m to retaliate, my goal will be to hit where it hurts and nowhere is off limits since you hit me first!
Re: XXXXX by blackpanda: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2011
This is great, I hope the governor is prepared to absorb all the abians who well be expelled from all other states as well as federal govt! Afterall, abuja belongs to the north!
Mtscheeeew!
By the way, who even wants to go and work in the den of kidnappers Useless governor, useless pple!
Re: XXXXX by Okijajuju1(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2011
Abia state, So daft atimes I wonder why we didnt give them to Cameroon in place of Bakassi,

Every State should fire all workers of Abia State origin working in their states,
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

Abia state, So daft atimes I wonder why we didnt give them to Cameroon in place of Bakassi,

Every State should fire all workers of Abia State origin working in their states,

You sound like Obiagu1. . undecided
Re: XXXXX by rebecca167(m): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2011
am really sorry 4 abians. Wit ur useless governor t.a orji. Very soon, u abians will tell nonindigens 2 leave abia state 4 una. So dat it will accomodate u abians who left bokoharam state bc of terreorism. Wake up abians, u people re d last in ibo land. Ibo kwen.u .
Re: XXXXX by kannymoore(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2011
one question really, ,

who exactly is an indigine?
Re: XXXXX by phreakabit(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

Abia state,  So daft atimes[b] I wonder why we didnt give them to Cameroon[/b] in place of Bakassi,

[size=18pt]Who is this delusional and  hopeless ÏMBECILE? You sound like a drunk dyslexic! You wonder why we didn't give them to Cameroon? Well what is stopping you from doing that now? Oh I remember, you are a nobody. . . . . When it comes to Nobodies, you are bottom of the pecking order. People like yourself should shut up and watch things unfold. YOU ARE A TYPICAL IGBO ( I AM PROUD TO BE IGBO, BUT SOMETIMES I CANT HELP BUT MARVEL AT OUR LEVEL OF NAIVETY). It is apparent that this whole thing has a twist to it. I do not like  Theodore Orji at all, as a matter of fact I hate this Swine so bad, I can wish him ill will (God forgive me). But looking at the first post closely, its easy to see what is going on here.

1, Its is culled from THE SUN NEWS PAPER (Obviously owned by you all know).

2, Reading the second paragraph its obvious to see that this article is an attempt at smear campaign (Obviously sponsored by you all know who).

The second Idea from the fourth paragraph isn't that bad , only if he chooses to focus on getting rid of Abokis. As for the first excuse. . . . That has to be the most stupÏd excuse I have heard in a while. It makes absolutely no sense! And shows just how moronic this Governor is. However, I can't believe that this has come to the point that Igbos here are pointing accusing fingers at each other, based on state of origin. YOU GUYS ARE A DISAPPOINTING BUNCH OF RETÃRDS. I don't think this has ever been done by the Yorubas on NL. Shame on all of you! ÏDIOTS!
[/size]
Re: XXXXX by Ayowumie(m): 11:47am On Sep 16, 2011
kannymoore:

one question really, ,

An indigine is a person whose grand parents are found to have originated from a place. In d context of Nigeria, ur indigineship is not complete until u hav some paper work to back it up and ultimately u must be able to speak d language.

Back to d topic, in as much as i believe that a state workforce should be dominated by d states indigines, its absolutely abnormal dat head of a fed institutn should necessarily be dominated by certain category of pipu frm one state.
There are so many flaws in dis policy of Abia govt. It further breeds division and so makes Abians to be vulnerable to being discriminated against esp outside their home state. It also further widens d distrust among Igbos.

Only God knows where this country heading.
kannymoore:

one question really, ,

An indigine is a person whose grand parents are found to have originated from a place. In d context of Nigeria, ur indigineship is not complete until u hav some paper work to back it up and ultimately u must be able to speak d language.

Back to d topic, in as much as i believe that a state workforce should be dominated by d states indigines, its absolutely abnormal dat head of a fed institutn should necessarily be dominated by certain category of pipu frm one state.
There are so many flaws in dis policy of Abia govt. It further breeds division and so makes Abians to be vulnerable to being discriminated against esp outside their home state. It also further widens d distrust among Igbos.

Only God knows where this country heading.
Re: XXXXX by bigfat01: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2011
tribalist i guess
Re: XXXXX by phreakabit(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2011
Ayowumie:

There are so many flaws in dis policy of Abia govt. It further breeds division and so makes Abians to be vulnerable to being discriminated against esp outside their home state. [size=18pt]It also further widens d distrust among Igbos[/size]

[size=15pt] This coming from a Yoruba man. Well said sir![/size]

Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 11:59am On Sep 16, 2011
Phreakabit, are the Igbo Yoruba? Please. Sometimes I wonder about some Igbo people and their awkward expectations. Igbo are a non-central construct. I don't get why people would be so baffled to see these kinds of responses.
Re: XXXXX by phreakabit(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Phreakabit, are the Igbo Yoruba? Please. Sometimes I wonder about some Igbo people and their awkward expectations. Igbo are a non-central construct. I don't get why people would be so baffled to see these kinds of responses.

Well then, our verbal wars with the Yorubas here on NL makes absolutely no sense! When Yorubas say something bad about the Igbos we all jump to OUR defense. I guess, I will stop doing that and just wait till they mention my state of origin.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
phreakabit:

Well then, our verbal wars with the Yorubas here on NL makes absolutely no sense! When Yorubas say something bad about the Igbos we all jump to OUR defense. I guess, I will stop doing that and just wait till they mention my state of origin.
Taking it to the extreme aren't you? undecided Anyway, the verbal wars some people have here with Yoruba have always made absolutely no sense.
Re: XXXXX by zmurda(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
[size=14[color=#000099][/color]pt]ALL ABIA PEOPLE IN LAGOS, ABUJA, KOGI, UK, USA AND KAURA NAMODA SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO ABIA STATE.

We have so many nonsense people in government. Anyway, Lagos too was 'deporting' people.

Stupid government, idiot people

HIssssssssssssss
[/size]
Re: XXXXX by phreakabit(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Taking it to the extreme aren't you? undecided Anyway, the verbal wars some people have here with Yoruba have always made absolutely no sense.

Well, to be honest they dont particularly make sense. But, it just gives you a sense of belonging. Having somewhere to stand. And showing unity, by defending a fellow Ibgo to the best of your ability, regardless of his/her state of origin.Anyways lets not derail the tread.
Re: XXXXX by jason123: 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
z-murda:

[size=14[color=#000099][/color]pt]ALL ABIA PEOPLE IN LAGOS, ABUJA, KOGI, UK, USA AND KAURA NAMODA SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO ABIA STATE.

We have so many nonsense people in government. Anyway, Lagos too was 'deporting' people.

silly government, people

HIssssssssssssss
[/size]

The Lagos situation was with the beggars in the state. . .
Re: XXXXX by Dede1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 16, 2011
I hate to debate sentimental topic that is central to particular group of people on a public domain. I know few popular Nigerians whose states of origin are not Imo State yet there parents are staffs of Imo State government at Owerri and other towns.

Whether T. Orji executes the intended policy of “leave Abia for Abians” or not, he will never receive a cup of palm wine in any Igbo gathering when I am present. Those people who mounted such policy when Imo and Anambra were carved out of East Central State never received ordinary mention talk less of chieftaincy award outside their community within Igbo land.

Granted that Lagos was once a federal capital and rightfully within Yoruba domain, it stands as a case study for Ndigbo. The state has seen several governors whose actual state of origin is not Lagos State yet there was no iota of whisper about Lagos for Lagosians.

If I say that I am disappointed with the nonsensical and anachronistic statement about the indigenous crap coming from Abia State, it is an understatement.
Re: XXXXX by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2011
@Jason
It was non-indigene beggars that were sent packing from Lagos. Abi, did they also send away beggars indigenous to lagos?
Re: XXXXX by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]Who is this delusional and hopeless ÏMBECILE? You sound like a drunk dyslexic! You wonder why we didn't give them to Cameroon? Well what is stopping you from doing that now? Oh I remember, you are a nobody. . . . . When it comes to Nobodies, you are bottom of the pecking order. People like yourself should shut up and watch things unfold. YOU ARE A TYPICAL IGBO ( I AM PROUD TO BE IGBO, BUT SOMETIMES I CANT HELP BUT MARVEL AT OUR LEVEL OF NAIVETY). It is apparent that this whole thing has a twist to it. I do not like Theodore Orji at all, as a matter of fact I hate this Swine so bad, I can wish him ill will (God forgive me). But looking at the first post closely, its easy to see what is going on here.

1, Its is culled from THE SUN NEWS PAPER (Obviously owned by you all know).

2, Reading the second paragraph its obvious to see that this article is an attempt at smear campaign (Obviously sponsored by you all know who).

The second Idea from the fourth paragraph isn't that bad , only if he chooses to focus on getting rid of Abokis. As for the first excuse. . . . That has to be the most stupÏd excuse I have heard in a while. It makes absolutely no sense! And shows just how moronic this Governor is. However, I can't believe that this has come to the point that Igbos here are pointing accusing fingers at each other, based on state of origin. YOU GUYS ARE A DISAPPOINTING BUNCH OF RETÃRDS. I don't think this has ever been done by the Yorubas on NL. Shame on all of you! ÏDIOTS!
[/size]

How pitiful!! SO you typed an entire paragraph in response to "a Nobody" with large font. #smh,
Typical mentality of an Aba trader, Loud, obnoxious and full of horse manure, So after all your ranting what point did you pass across exactly?!

Now listen to me you decendant of a prostitute mother and a transvestite father, you and your imbecilic kinsmen deserve to be cut from Nigeria and sent of to Cameroon. You people are of no added benefit to this country. One look at all your leaders from Orji Uzor Kalu to the present Orji only proves that Abia state is like the land of the imbeciles where there autistic man (Orji) is king, You call your Governor Moronic as if it wasnt your ret@rded generation that voted him into office.

You and your moronic people are part of the reason why the Igbo people have remained in the dark ages, Why banter words with a frustrated Bakassi boy like you.

Go sort yourselves out with your governor, if he is foolish, then you can move a motion to impeach, but trust me when I say if all the Nations of Nigeria decide to kick out non-indigenes, Abia state would feel the pian the most, You probably would be out there in Ariaria market pushing wheel barrows for scraps,
Re: XXXXX by Dede1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2011
I pray the sons and daughters of the Ndigbo to please sheath your swords over the issue allegedly accredited to T. Orji’s useless government in Abia State. The nonsensical “Abia for Abians” could be, after all, a political ploy to smear the governor
Re: XXXXX by russellino: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2011
T.A. Orji is a step backward for our race. Its unfortunate that orji uzor chose to rubbish the ppl of abia like this. I'm glad that he is the last of the unprogressives that have held us back. After he's booted out at the next election I believe the south east will be free of his ilk
Re: XXXXX by jason123: 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2011
afam4eva:

@Jason
It was non-indigene beggars that were sent packing from Lagos. Abi, did they also send away beggars indigenous to lagos?

But I am talking about beggars not the work force. Beggars don't add to the economy but workers do. After all, he hasn't sent any non-lagosian away simply because the person is working in Lagos.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
Okay here is the deal. I got this info straight from the horse's mouth. No more than a few non-Abians were affected in the exercise; may be some 1-5% of the workforce. Which makes it insignificant (for the Government, but not for the affected, of course) but nonetheless unacceptable (the number is too low to make any difference).

Why the gov will sack a few workers and then claim it will help pay minimum wage is beyond me. There is no such thing as 50% of the workforce in Abia comprising of non-Abians. It is a big, fat lie.

The Governor is an incompetent nincompoop and the journalist who wrote that article is a blatant liar and a xenophobe.

Except he got in via rigging, all those who voted him in should be ashamed of themselves

Long live Alaigbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? / Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / Buhari Can Nominate Ambassadors Anyway He Deems Fit: SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.