Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

XXXXX - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / XXXXX (13473 Views)

XXXXX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XXXXX by amblors(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
this is DUMB.
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^
stop deceiving yourself. nobody is flocking back to anywhere.

Did you even try understanding the post before replying?
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^
stop deceiving yourself. nobody is flocking back to anywhere.

Easy!! I have been working the phones and indeed, from what I gathered, many are ready to return. Why should I live in Lagos and earn 18, 000, when I can earn it living in my father's house in Abia?
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
russellino:

@ south east - if the cj or attorney general is a non-indigene you can bet she has been in service to the state long enough and probably rose through the ranks. Do you know that sir darnley alexander, a jamaican was chief judge of lagos state in the 1980's? I can bet my behind that lagos state hasn't had an indigenous cj in almost 30yrs, yet see how advanced their judiciary is compared to other states. Bros forget ochendo yab big time. At most he should have devised a more sophisticated means like someone said introduce a quota system for at least 90% indigenes

Are you reading me? At such high caliber-level as CJ, I have no issues at all. But at levels 1-10 or so (which I believe comprise of more than 80% of the workforce), there is a problem if 50% of those are from outside a state. Nigeria is run on indigeneship basis, remember?
Re: XXXXX by aljharem3: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
afam4eva:

@Jason
I live in Lagos and I know what I'm talking about.Look at all the lagos agencies eg LASEMA, LASTMA etc and tell me how many non-Yorubas you see there. Most Igbos in Lagos either have their own private business or work for a private firm.

afam wrong very very wrong

the majority of the police force in lagos is about 70% igbo

go check ur data. just because some of them don't speak igbo to you or for u to hear does not mean they are not igbo

have you for 1 second checked their name tags undecided

you schooled in unilag right! thus i must have meant u one point in life or the other

did you know the names of even the employee in unilag security and staff ?
Re: XXXXX by lagcity(m): 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
South-East:

Easy!! I have been working the phones and indeed, from what I gathered, many are ready to return. Why should I live in Lagos and earn 18, 000, when I can earn it living in my father's house in Abia?

guy, nobody is returning anywhere becos the unemployed Abians in Abia will beat you to it.u better siddon for wherever you, unless you get uncle for abia govt wey go fit chuk you for one scretariat for Abia
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
alj_harem:

afam wrong very very wrong

the majority of the police force in lagos is about 70% igbo

go check your data. just because some of them don't speak igbo to you or for u to hear does not mean they are not igbo

have you for 1 second checked their name tags undecided

you schooled in unilag right! thus i must have meant u one point in life or the other

did you know the names of even the employee in unilag security and staff ?

Assuming for s econd that you are correct (of course you are lying), is the police force owned by Lagos? What sort of mumu are yoo?
Re: XXXXX by femmy2010(m): 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
I wonder what Nigeria would look like if other state Governments decides to copy what Mr Abia has done?
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2011
femmy2010:

I wonder what Nigeria would look like if other state Governments decides to copy what Mr Abia has done?

Lagos decongested, no more victims for northern vigilantes, states gaining middle class, forced development (including international airports), regions with more balanced populations, easier separation of Nigeria. Pretty great.

1 Like

Re: XXXXX by aljharem3: 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
South-East:

Assuming for s econd that you are correct (of course you are lying), is the police force owned by Lagos? What sort of mumu are yoo?

lets not result to insults. calm down

again i am not lying, ask afam/james to comfirm with i am saying

the police force is not owned by lagos but we are talking of government employees here ain't we

thus whether state or federal , they are still not controled by the private sector thus the indigenes can lay claim to it whether federal or state
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
alj_harem:

lets not result to insults. calm down

again i am not lying, ask afam/james to comfirm with i am saying

the police force is not owned by lagos but we are talking of government employees here ain't we

thus whether state or federal , they are still not controled by the private sector thus the indigenes can lay claim to it whether federal or state

We are talking of state gov employees. Abia Gov did not sack federal gov employees.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
I am highly disappointed in these Igbo sons: SE, Chinenye (predictable anyway), Ezeagu and Afam4eva.

I am with Dede1 on this.  cool

Any Igbo that supports this is either brainless, myopic, dishonest, deceiving himself or all of them.

@Afam4eva, I know you are from Enugu state, so you are supporting this because Enugu state did the same in the past. Have you asked yourself why Enugu international airport idea has remained a joke till date? Have you asked yourself why Igbos are cold to the idea of Enugu being the capital of Igbo and Eastern Nigeria? If you don't know, that idiotic policy and your wawa mindset cause them. The overall loser at the end of the day is Igboland. You are in Lagos and enjoying yourself. When Fashola and Yorubas kick you out tomorrow, you can't even muster enough support from the Igbo homeland because of some of these idiotic anti-fellow Igbo policy that destroy the unity and togetherness of Igbo. Who will cry with you then? I now understand why Enugu state rejects APGA. Y'all are fearful of other Igbo; but then, I advise you to FORGET ABOUT ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, because Anambra Igbos will switch to Asaba airport if you don't acquire brains.

@SE, I am shocked that an educated Igbo like you would support such brainless policy. Believe me, Igbo as a whole will pay for this dumb policy

@Ezeagu, how can we ever have an Igbo-only country as you espouse when you support this? Is this how we shall live in that country?
Bros I'm speechless at your support for this!  shocked
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
lagcity:

guy, nobody is returning anywhere becos the unemployed Abians in Abia will beat you to it.u better siddon for wherever you, unless you get uncle for abia govt wey go fit chuk you for one scretariat for Abia

I never told you I was returning to Abia, did I? That said, Abians at home can only outdo the returnees if the Gov was not sincere in what he has done. If he is looking for qualified hands, then everyone has an equal chance.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

I am highly disappointed in these Igbo sons: SE, Chinenye (predictable anyway), Ezeagu and Afam4eva.

I am with Dede1 on this.  cool

Any Igbo that supports this is either brainless, myopic, dishonest, deceiving himself or all of them.

@Afam4eva, I know you are from Enugu state, so you are supporting this because Enugu state did the same in the past. Have you asked yourself why Enugu international airport idea has remained a joke till date? Have you asked yourself why Igbos are cold to the idea of Enugu being the capital of Igbo and Eastern Nigeria? If you don't know, that idiotic policy and your wawa mindset cause them. The overall loser at the end of the day is Igboland. You are in Lagos and enjoying yourself. When Fashola and Yorubas kick you out tomorrow, you can't even muster enough support from the Igbo homeland because of some of these idiotic anti-fellow Igbo policy that destroy the unity and togetherness of Igbo. Who will cry with you then? I now understand why Enugu state rejects APGA. Y'all are fearful of other Igbo; but then, I advise you to FORGET ABOUT ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, because Anambra Igbos will switch to Asaba airport if you don't acquire brains.

@SE, I am shocked that an educated Igbo like you would support such brainless policy. Believe me, Igbo as a whole will pay for this dumb policy

@Ezeagu, how can we ever have an Igbo-only country as you espouse when you support this? Is this how we shall live in that country?
Bros I'm speechless at your support for this!  shocked

Please read me more carefully, and see the extent of my support. I do not support that 50% of the state workforce of Abia will come from outside. If it is 20% I am cool with it; am also cool with employing some high-caliber workers from outside Abia, not cleaners and clerks. The 50% unemployed Abians displaced by other Nigerians are Igbos too, right?
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
@South-East

I want you to understand that the issue is not state government jobs. The issue is "income". When you lay off workers from other states, you are removing their source of income, and other states reserve the right to retaliate in any way they like.
Lets keep focus on the real issue.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth,

In any Igbo-only country, indigeneship will be ABOLISHED, so this issue will not even arise
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@South-East

I want you to understand that the issue is not state government jobs. The issue is "income". When you lay off workers from other states, you are removing their source of income, and other states reserve the right to retaliate in any way they like.
Lets keep focus on the real issue.

The Gov had said he expects a backlash and the jobs being left by non-indigenes in Abia will be filled by returnees. I read that also here on NL.

Did you read what Abagworo wrote? I would like to know how many Abians work in state ministries in other neighboring states.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: South-East

Please read me more carefully, and see the extent of my support. I do not support that 50% of the state workforce of Abia will come from outside. If it is 20% I am cool with it. The 50% unemployed Abians displaced by other Nigerians are Igbos too, right?

What I want you to understand is that the issue is a banana peel in the Igbo unity project. You are quoting statistics, but I can assure you that even if 5% of the workers are non-indegenes, goats like Theodore Orji who have run out of ideas of what to do to bring development to their states, would make it seem like 80%. The guy is drowning and is grasping at straws. Tomorrow, other states would also pull statistics out of their @55 and start targeting ALL Igbos.

It is not too late to condemn this.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2011
Ezeagu, you are more than correct. That development is also a very desirable long-term benefit. That is particularly one of the reasons why I welcome this initiative and propose it on a country-wide level.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2011

Onlytruth,

In any Igbo-only country, indigeneship will be ABOLISHED, so this issue will not even arise

So, who would sacrifice to unite Igbos then, after all these years of Igbo against Igbo policies?
How would such a country even come to be, since we would be busy fighting one another?
Do you think people forget about things like this easily? THEY DON'T.

Every Igbo should condemn this. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

What I want you to understand is that the issue is a banana peel in the Igbo unity project. You are quoting statistics, but I can assure you that even if 5% of the workers are non-indegenes, goats like Theodore Orji who have run out of ideas of what to do to bring development to their states, would make it seem like 80%. The guy is drowning and is grasping at straws. Tomorrow, other states would also pull statistics out of their @55 and start targeting ALL Igbos.

It is not too late to condemn this.

Let's get the numbers right before I can condemn. If 50 % is correct, then there is no chance in hell I can condemn him for this particular action. He is not my fan/ I am not his fan, and I do not support his other incompetencies.

Onlytruth, I can tell you straight off that you will not find more than 1, 2, 3 Igbos (Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Imo, Ebonyi) working in any specific State Govt ministries outside Igboland. So there won''t be any earth-shaking backlash on the entire Igbo. Nobody here on NL is more Igbo than me.
Re: XXXXX by Afam4eva(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Onlytruth
I'm not in favour of Orji's action. Infact it as chauvinistic as they come. If you read my comment in the first thread about this bastardly act you'll see that I totally hate the idea that in 2011 something like this could still happen. My partial sympathy for Orji's actions stems from the fact that the FG has refused to settle the indegene/settler issue that has remained a stumbling block to progress. If Abia state civil service is made up of 50% non-indegenes, then it's a cause for worry because Abia indegenes will loose in all fronts. Like I said before, until the FG passes a law to make someone born or naturalized in a state an iindegene, we'll keep experiencing this kind of 19th century mentality.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
afam4eva:

@Onlytruth
If Abia state civil service is made up of 50% non-indegenes, then it's a cause for worry because Abia indegenes will loose in all fronts.

That is the bottom line. We can easily link this to the high crime rate in Abia where most of the criminals are actually indigenes.

If I may ask, how many Abians could be working in state ministries in Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ebonyi and Cross River, all neighboring  states?
Re: XXXXX by obowunmi(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
This man is a slowpoke --- he's doing nothing but promoting hate. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: afam4eva

@Onlytruth
I'm not in favour of Orji's action. Infact it as chauvinistic as they come. If you read my comment in the first thread about this bastardly act you'll see that I totally hate the idea that in 2011 something like this could still happen. My partial sympathy for Orji's actions stems from the fact that the FG has refused to settle the indegene/settler issue that has remained a stumbling block to progress. If Abia state civil service is made up of 50% non-indegenes, then it's a cause for worry because Abia indegenes will loose in all fronts. Like I said before, until the FG passes a law to make someone born or naturalized in a state an iindegene, we'll keep experiencing this kind of 19th century mentality.

Our (Igbo) problem in Nigeria is a peculiar one -we are being cheated and marginalized in Nigeria. We may even have to go to war again to either get our fair share from Nigeria or secede altogether. That is why Igbo governors should always handle issues differently if it affects other Igbos. Our governors should be smart enough to see the bigger picture and even the FUTURE picture. This man demonstrated the worst form of myopia. Any Igbo who support him is not even thinking at all.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2011

That is the bottom line. We can easily link this to the high crime rate in Abia where most of the criminals are actually indigenes.

If I may ask, how many Abians could be working in state ministries in Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ebonyi and Cross River, all neighboring state?

You do not burn down your house just because a snake entered it. What you do is to find the snake and kill it. What Orji did is burning down the house of Igbo and Eastern Nigeria. It is brainless.
BTW most of the kidnappers in Anambra are from Abia state. If Orji wants to help his people, he should give more education and training to them like the Imo governor is doing.

The issue is a tse tse fly on the scrotum. He and all Abians should thread softly and retract their steps.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: afam4eva
Our (Igbo) problem in Nigeria is a peculiar one -we are being cheated and marginalized in Nigeria. We may even have to go to war again to either get our fair share from Nigeria or secede altogether. That is why Igbo governors should always handle issues differently if it affects other Igbos. Our governors should be smart enough to see the bigger picture and even the FUTURE picture. This man demonstrated the worst form of myopia. Any Igbo who support him is not even thinking at all.

Do you support that 50% of the state workforce of Abia will be composed of non-Abians when this appears not to be the case in other states?
Are those people in Abia who are happy with what their Gov. did fools, in your eyes?
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

You do not burn down your house just because a snake entered it. What you do is to find the snake and kill it. What Orji did is burning down the house of Igbo and Eastern Nigeria. It is brainless.
BTW most of the kidnappers in Anambra are from Abia state. If Orji wants to help his people, he should give more education and training to them like the Imo governor is doing.

The issue is a tse tse fly on the scrotum. He and all Abians should thread softly and retract their steps.

Now he wants to give them (Abia kidnappers in Anambra) jobs so that they wont kidnap again in Anambra and you see something wrong with that?
Re: XXXXX by aljharem3: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

You are in Lagos and enjoying yourself. When Fashola and Yorubas kick you out tomorrow, you can't even muster enough support from the Igbo homeland because of some of these idiotic anti-fellow Igbo policy that destroy the unity and togetherness of Igbo.

Onlytruth, if you believe "yorubas" or fashola would kick anyone out of lagos then u must be dreaming brother

I think it's been long u have visited lagos that is why u talk like this.

if fashola is going to deport anyone, then he must deport other "yorubas" to there respective states.

Do you really think yorubas or fashola are that ethnocentric ?

I think you have been on Nairaland for too long that is why u posted that.

don't mind people like me, eko ile etc when we post. WE JUST HAVE FUN with ur emotions at times

I am an indigene of Lagos Omo eko awori from isale Eko and I am posting this to you. It would not happen so stop this ur insecurity
Re: XXXXX by Afam4eva(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Onlytruth
You're right. I think Igbos should start seeing themselves as one inseperable nation. I for one have been praying for the day any part of Igboland will experience a renaissance and I will be the first person to move to AlaIgbo. Whenever I look at Igbos, I don't see Owerri, Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, or Ikwerre. All I see is a greater Igbo nation. At least I'm not as myopic as Chinenye.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
Do you support that 50% of the state workforce of Abia will be composed of non-Abians when this appears not to be the case in other states?
Are those people in Abia who are happy with what their Gov. did fools, in your eyes?

Like I said, statistics is a powerful tool in the hands of deviant and failed administrators. Anybody can pull statistics from anywhere to justify evil. I strongly doubt that those workers were not more qualified than Abians. Normally that is how such things happen. But like I said already, the issue is "income". If Orji wants to improve the economic fortunes of his people, he can support an aggressive job creation with massive investments. He can do that, but he won't because he is busy stealing.

I can now understand why SE governors can't come together to do regional economic development.
How can a Peter Obi and Rochas Okorocha work with a tunnel-visioned Theodore Orji? Or even an Enugu-only visioned Chime?

Igbos should kick these governors out if they want to be relevant in Nigeria, or if they want to develop SE into an economic giant.
I don talk my own o!
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
afam4eva:

@Onlytruth
You're right. I think Igbos should start seeing themselves as one inseperable nation. I for one have been praying for the day any part of Igboland will experience a renaissance and I will be the first person to move to AlaIgbo. Whenever I look at Igbos, I don't see Owerri, Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, or Ikwerre. All I see is a greater Igbo nation. At least I'm not as myopic as Chinenye.

Nobody dreams such a dream more than me. But first, this particular anomaly (a whopping 50% of Abia workforce not coming from that state) has to be redressed. I have nothing personal to gain here; I do not live anywhere near Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Electricity Consumers To Get Free Prepaid Meters / Brazilian President To Lead Delegation Of Businessmen To Nigeria / 'Insecurity Is A Test From God' - Sheik Abdulwaheed Sulaiman, Aso Rock Imam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.