Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

XXXXX - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / XXXXX (13463 Views)

XXXXX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: asha 80

by now you should know i have always seen Orji as a cretin.

Well, I'm really happy about your position.

I guess it is now only Dede1, Afam4eva (converted), yourself and I that are kicking against this.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
Anyway, I gotta run.
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@ezeagu,

You were talking some sense and giving some flesh to your position here. .

. . and you suddenly said this:

Posted by: ezeagu
You see why some of my Nnewi brothers laugh at me when I talk about Igbo being one. Where did that come from?
I was responding to South-East who is always into statistics about land and space.

After interacting with some of you guys, believe me , I wonder how Ojukwu was able to hold Biafra together for almost 3 years. You always feel funny.

Is Abia state richer than Anambra state? Even potentially? If you believe that, you are deceiving yourself. cool
Your "Omambara has no ties to the Atlantic ocean whatsoever" remark is the most reta-rded post you ever made on Nairaland. Do you have that access?  undecided  mscheeew.  undecided

Nna I'm really disappointed in you frankly,

I have heard of the cliche ''big for nothing''. Does it apply to your claims? The streets of Nnewi are indeed paved with Gold.
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@ezeagu,

You were talking some sense and giving some flesh to your position here. .

. . and you suddenly said this:

You see why some of my Nnewi brothers laugh at me when I talk about Igbo being one. Where did that come from?
I was responding to South-East who is always into statistics about land and space.

After interacting with some of you guys, believe me , I wonder how Ojukwu was able to hold Biafra together for almost 3 years. You always feel funny.

Is Abia state richer than Anambra state? Even potentially? If you believe that, you are deceiving yourself. cool
Your "Omambara has no ties to the Atlantic ocean whatsoever" remark is the most reta-rded post you ever made on Nairaland. Do you have that access?  undecided  mscheeew.  undecided

Nna I'm really disappointed in you frankly,

What is in Anambra state that isn't in Abia, in fact, what has Anambra achieved that should warrant the comparison or insult of Abia state? How can there be one-Igbo when someone is clearly an Anambra before Igbo, otherwise what is the comparison over states about? If we're going to talk about potential of the states, then what is the potential of Anambra surviving without getting to the ocean through other states?
Re: XXXXX by ak47mann(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
South-East:

I have heard of the cliche ''big for nothing''. Does it apply to your claims? The streets of Nnewi are indeed paved with Gold.
i can see were only truth is coming from,anambra in terms of infrastructure and biggest market in west Africa they got it nnewi is now full with none indigenous people even our old house in nnewi the care taker is from ebony state.And anambra  got the best roads network in SE it connect to village to villages i mean i can drive to imo state in 10 mins from nnewi without matching any brake thats one thing i respected ngige for, he apply the same quality of roads i see in EUROPE from nkpor to oba,onitsha.ogidi,obosi, abagana to ojoto all the way to capital AKWA and OBI is now finishing up what he left behind the road that lead from Amichi nnewi to imo state is express road no pot holes,
Re: XXXXX by kaisy1980: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2011

The Governor should be called to order by the FG ,the above mentioned are federal facilities and not State owned facilities. If you talk about Abia State University or Ibeku/Ugba community church, that will be cool.
Re: XXXXX by kaisy1980: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
Even in churches and federal institutions in Abia State , Abia people play second fiddle. Until last year, an Mbaise man (Imo) was in charge of the entire Methodist Churches in Abia State . The Catholic Bishops of Umuahia and Aba Dioceses are non indigenes.

All but one of the Vice Chancellors of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike since inception have been non Abians. Contrast that to the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, University of Nigeria , Nsukka, Nnamdi Azikiwe, University, Awka and several others where the indigenes head these federal institutions.
In fact Abia lecturers at Umudike are the butt of jokes in the university where they are told to their faces that they should forget the dreams of heading the institution. At the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia,

The Governor should be called to order by the FG the above mentioned are federal facilities and not State owned facilities. If you talk about Abia State University or Ibeku/Ugba community church, that will be cool.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: ak47mann

i can see were only truth is coming from,anambra in terms of infrastructure and biggest market in west Africa they got it nnewi is now full with none indigenous people even our old house in nnewi the care taker is from ebony state.[/b]And anambra  got the best roads network in SE it connect to village to villages i mean i can drive to imo state in 10 mins from nnewi without matching any brake thats one thing i respected ngige for, he apply the same quality of roads i see in EUROPE from nkpor to oba to ojoto all the way to capital AKWA and OBI is now finishing up what he left behind the road that lead from Amichi nnewi to imo state is express road no pot holes,

@[b]ak47mann

Some of our brothers from Abia think that there are no Abians in Anambra state. Nnewi, the last time I was home was almost completely foreign to me. undecided Did anyone see me complain here?
I wonder what makes some of our brothers from Abia think that there are more Anambra citizens in Abia than Abians in Anambra. Or that Igbo unity is more important to us than other Igbos. I just wonder. undecided

Also, when some of them chant Igbo unity, I wonder what is really going on in their minds.  undecided

This policy is riddled with what I call "Igbo unity land mines". No one knows the full impact on Igbo unity.
It is indefensible, and can only be defended by folks with short vision.  cool
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2011

What is in Anambra state that isn't in Abia, in fact, what has Anambra achieved that should warrant the comparison or insult of Abia state? How can there be one-Igbo when someone is clearly an Anambra before Igbo, otherwise what is the comparison over states about? If we're going to talk about potential of the states, then what is the potential of Anambra surviving without getting to the ocean through other states?

If you are speaking without complexes and pre-set mindset, you would at least show me where I said that Anambra citizens are superior Igbos. I even attack anyone here who try to do that.
My reply was to South East, who wanted to insinuate that Abia has things Anambra lacks, eg, land, mineral etc.
I'm tired of carrying Igbo cross alone. If other Igbos don't want unity, so be it. Though I think it is re-tarded not to want unity. Anambra gains NOTHING SPECIAL from such unity.  cool

@South East, I really think you should change your username to Abia.
Onye mu na ya n'achu nta siri na ukwu m di ka ukwu ene.   cry
Don't hoodwink us patriotic Igbos with your moniker.  cool

BTW I won't have that debate about which Igbo state would survive Nigeria's disintegration.
It is a mundane topic.  cool
Re: XXXXX by ak47mann(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: ak47mann

@ak47mann

Some of our brothers from Abia think that there are no Abians in Anambra state. Nnewi, the last time I was home was almost completely foreign to me. undecided Did anyone see me complain here?
I wonder what makes some of our brothers from Abia think that there are more Anambra citizens in Abia than Abians in Anambra. Or that Igbo unity is more important to us than other Igbos. I just wonder. undecided

Also, when some of them chant Igbo unity, I wonder what is really going on in their minds.  undecided

This policy is riddled with what I call "Igbo unity land mines". No one knows the full impact on Igbo unity.
It is indefensible, and can only be defended by folks with short vision.  cool
i understand! the thing is that anambra people don't see none indigenous people as inferior and most ebonys and abians living and working in anambra state even settle  there and marry anambra women i have see a lot of them in nnewi for example and a lot of them are now learning business from indigenous and doing well.It pains me when i see none indigenous people say things like we are too arrogant or i remember enugu people used to call us traders that we have money but we don't no whats up,
Re: XXXXX by Abagworo(m): 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
I sometimes wonder where the pride of Anambrarians comes from.I have videos and pictures of Onitsha,Nnewi and Awka as well as the other interior towns like Nimo,Ekwulobia,Igboukwu,Awkuzu etc.They all have a kind of dirty red environment and are poorly planned.Imo State is far more organized than Anambra.Anambra is more urbanized but in a very crude and dirty way.

Igbo was originally a loose cluster group where all clans viewed themselves as different ethnic groups until the white men came and fused them.They spoke similar but not mutually intelligible languages.The standardization of Igbo language produced the Igbo everybody can understand and some dialects have been lost because of that.That forms one of the reasons why I prefer one Nigeria to Biafra.I would rather have all Igbo clans as separate countries than Biafra.
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

I sometimes wonder where the pride of Anambrarians comes from.I have videos and pictures of Onitsha,Nnewi and Awka as well as the other interior towns like Nimo,Ekwulobia,Igboukwu,Awkuzu etc.They all have a kind of dirty red environment and are poorly planned.Imo State is far more organized than Anambra.Anambra is more urbanized but in a very crude and dirty way.

Igbo was originally a loose cluster group where all clans viewed themselves as different ethnic groups until the white men came and fused them.They spoke similar but not mutually intelligible languages.The standardization of Igbo language produced the Igbo everybody can understand and some dialects have been lost because of that.That forms one of the reasons why I prefer one Nigeria to Biafra.I would rather have all Igbo clans as separate countries than

I think you should go and tell your brother Uwazuruike to disband MASSOB, or at least keep it in Okwe Imo state. undecided

You are addressing the wrong audience here.

That comparison you are seeking from me won't happen. cool
The only Anambra guy that believe in Anambra superiority is one guy called Chino11.
Wait until he comes, and I would be chanting BOTH of you down.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2011
I really don't get what the problem is here. If non-Abians get deported, then you in other states deport Abians. Simple. Na wahala? undecided
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I really don't get what the problem is here. If non-Abians get deported, then you in other states deport Abians. Simple. Na wahala? undecided

not as simple as that

and abagworo saying some igbo clans lost their dialect because of 'standardization of igbo' i cannot remember anything more laughable
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
Posted by: asha 80

not as simple as that

and abagworo saying some igbo clans lost their dialect because of 'standardization of igbo' i cannot remember anything more laughable

I have since ruled Abagworo an anti-Igbo unity agent.
I never saw the civil war, but I believe deeply in my heart that the "Sabo" that was a major menace to Biafra are still very active in Igboland today.
Re: XXXXX by ak47mann(m): 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^^^
ifeajuna DNA is still on course grin grin grin grin
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^

Yea, in 1967 -70 we had ifeajuna from today's Anambra state.
In 2011, we have Abagworo from today's Imo state. undecided cry
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Anyway, gotta run again. Biz calls. cool
Re: XXXXX by Afam4eva(m): 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
I don't know why Igbos like Abagoro and Chinenye can be so myopic in their views on Igbo unity. If these are the kind of minds we'll have in Biafra, then I hope Biafra never sees the light of day.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
asha 80:

not as simple as that
How is it not that simple? It need not get any more complicated than that.

asha 80:

It's been documented. One group from Anambra, close to Onitsha is said to have nearly lost their dialect, or have already lost it. The people's name has an N and a J in it. . if I remember correctly. Let me go and search for the document.
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
It's funny how some people like to toss the word "myopic" and "clannish" around and think it'll do the job of a proper insult. grin Who says one cannot be clannish and still work with nationalists? Honestly, you guys make my laugh sometimes. It's as if nothing is validated for you all until I say that I am "Igbo first before Ngwa" LOOOOL ,  I can't even think that with a straight face, much less say write it, and even much less say it out loud.

You people overthink this issue of clan. You seriously do.
Re: XXXXX by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't know why Igbos like Abagoro and Chinenye can be so myopic in their views on Igbo unity. If these are the kind of minds we'll have in Biafra, then I hope Biafra never sees the light of day.

I am 100% against the Biafra thing because some people will be viewed as more Igbo than others.If we are sincere with ourselves,if Ojukwu was an Ngwa man would Anambrarians die for him the way Ngwas died for Ojukwu?The answer remains a big NO!.I will only be comfortable in a country that comprises the present Abia,Imo,Ebonyi,Akwaibom and Cross river.It will be a peaceful country where mutual respect will exist.
Re: XXXXX by emmatok(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
That governor is stupid .

He is not only discriminating other Nigerians but he is also discriminating NON-ABIA Igbos.

Is like Lagos state govt telling Osun State people to leave lagos, when they are all Yoruba's.

He will surely face serious backlash for theses actions.
Re: XXXXX by BOMANY: 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2011
OK, let the Abians leave the other states especially lagos. One day, In Alaba Intl market, a yoruba trader was shouting that all of these Igbo boys should leave the market as long as they are nt indigenous while they ve taken over the market. I considered him as a silly man, nt knowing that there are many like him.
When Nigerians are going to identify themselves as Nigerians, not Abia, Sokoto, Kano,,, etc. lol 
Re: XXXXX by kizito96(m): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
Abia should not start what they cannot finish
Re: XXXXX by ezeagu(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

If you are speaking without complexes and pre-set mindset, you would at least show me where I said that Anambra citizens are superior Igbos. I even attack anyone here who try to do that.
My reply was to South East, who wanted to insinuate that Abia has things Anambra lacks, eg, land, mineral etc.
I'm tired of carrying Igbo cross alone. If other Igbos don't want unity, so be it. Though I think it is re-tarded not to want unity. Anambra gains NOTHING SPECIAL from such unity.  cool

Can you imagine Ojukwu talking about losing nothing special in reference to the other southeastern states? LOL. The fact that you could say such a thing means you've always been Anambra > Igbo, which is fine because all the states are on their own anyway.
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
ChinenyeN:

How is it not that simple? It need not get any more complicated than that.

let me tell you why it is not simple(not in execution but effects)

if every abian working in other states government institutions is evicted by their present states do you know large  the population coming back to seek job from the abia government would be like(ie for those that would want to come back)

remember there are those already living in abia that would be eager to fill the spaces left by the outgoing non indigines.so where would be the additional jobs to take care of the returning abians come from?from the the sky?those that would eventually not be absorbed( and this will having if the above scenario occurs)what would become of their fate?

you think they would be jolly at this scenario just because they are 'back in their state'?

source of income is crucial in life guy especially in nigeria.nigerian society and economy has no mercy.not to talk of addition of more crimes to the society.

ChinenyeN:

It's been documented. One group from Anambra, close to Onitsha is said to have nearly lost their dialect, or have already lost it. The people's name has an N and a J in it. . if I remember correctly. Let me go and search for the document.

i always find that excuse as trash.go to owerri where i lived for long an owerri guy always spoke the famous uratta dialect to another owerri person whenever they meet.hardy if ever you hear 'standardized igbo' by both people unless english now enters.this is despite the fact the large parts of owerri is cosmopolitan.even non owerri people speak uratta because they have stayed there.

if an oru man decides not to speak his dialect to his fellow oru man how is that the fault of 'standardized igbo'?is anyone putting a gun to his head not to do so?
Re: XXXXX by SouthEast1: 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
I'm tired of carrying Igbo cross alone. If other Igbos don't want unity, so be it. Though I think it is re-tarded not to want unity. Anambra gains NOTHING SPECIAL from such unity. Cool

@South East, I really think you should change your username to Abia.
Onye mu na ya n'achu nta siri na ukwu m di ka ukwu ene. Cry
Don't hoodwink us patriotic Igbos with your moniker. Cool

Onlytruth,

Do you mind showing me where I compared Abia and Anambra? On what basis would I do that when I do not even know what state you come from or what states where affected by the Orji action. You have been called Onlylies many times in this forum; I AM FORCING MYSELF NOT TO AGREE WITH THOSE WHO SEE YOU THAT WAY.

Do you really know who South-East was here on nairaland? Otherwise, you will not make that snide remark about my user name.

BELOW ARE THE COMMENTS I MADE ABOUT ABIA

Abia has many things going for it; It is less populated than other Igbo states minus Ebonyi; it has one of the lowest poverty levels in Nigeria; it has the second (or third) highest literacy level in Nigeria; it has median quantity of arable land in Igboland, only second to Ebonyi and Enugu. It has one of the hardest working and industrious human beings that walk planet earth. It has oil and other natural raw materials. It just needs a little push and it will get going. As soon as we do away with Orji and get a competent Gov, see how things unfold. I do not think this redress will worsen Abia's situation. Thank you
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2011

Can you imagine Ojukwu talking about losing nothing special in reference to the other southeastern states? LOL. The fact that you could say such a thing means you've always been Anambra > Igbo, which is fine because all the states are on their own anyway.

One thing I know for sure is that no one would be able to defend Igbo COLLECTIVE interest by thinking that his own group depends on another for anything. He won't go far.  cool I doubt that Ojukwu's motivation was because of what he stood to gain from other parts of Igboland. He simply saw EASTERN NIGERIA (not even Igboland only) as ONE and worthy of defense, even if it meant risking his own life to fight for it.
Mark my words, no one can fight for one Igboland or Eastern Nigerian nation by having a tunnel view. That is why there is no one commanding the same respect as Ojukwu TODAY. I'm sure he faced these same people in his day and was able to surmount their gimmicks.
I have been constant on this site for at least 2 years defending Igbo COLLECTIVE interests.
I do so, not because I'm eyeing anything in other parts of Igboland, but simply because ALL parts of it is worthy of defense.
I sometimes feel like reminding some of you that my state and town don't stand to lose most from a divided Igboland.
Ome dika onwere ife anyi n'erita iche na ya. Onwerokwa ma ncha.  cool
Re: XXXXX by ChinenyeN(m): 12:04am On Sep 16, 2011
asha 80:

let me tell you why it is not simple(not in execution but effects)

if every abian working in other states government institutions is evicted by their present states do you know large  the population coming back to seek job from the abia government would be like(ie for those that would want to come back)

remember there are those already living in abia that would be eager to fill the spaces left by the outgoing non indigines.so where would be the additional jobs to take care of the returning abians come from?from the the sky?those that would eventually not be absorbed( and this will having if the above scenario occurs)what would become of their fate?

you think they would be jolly at this scenario just because they are 'back in their state'?

source of income is crucial in life guy especially in nigeria.nigerian society and economy has no mercy.not to talk of addition of more crimes to the society.
These are all standard short-term disadvantages, that I fully expect.

asha 80:

[b]i always find that excuse as trash.[/b]go to owerri where i lived for long an owerri guy always spoke the famous uratta dialect to another owerri person whenever they meet.hardy if ever you hear 'standardized igbo' by both people unless english now enters.this is despite the fact the large parts of owerri is cosmopolitan.even non owerri people speak uratta because they have stayed there.

if an oru man decides not to speak his dialect to his fellow oru man how is that the fault of 'standardized igbo'?is anyone putting a gun to his head not to do so?
Wait, what do you mean by excuse? An excuse for what?
Re: XXXXX by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Sep 16, 2011
@South-East

Like I said before, you can defend Orji and his tunnel-view policy. You are entitled to your views.
I won't even address your comments now because we have reached a stalemate.

Kwere kwa nke ikwere nwanne! cool
Re: XXXXX by asha80(m): 12:09am On Sep 16, 2011
ChinenyeN:

These are all standard short-term disadvantages, that I fully expect.

in a normal society yes.nothing normal about nigeria.

ChinenyeN:

Wait, what do you mean by excuse? An excuse for what?

excuse='standardized igbo' led to demise of dialects.sounds hilarious to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers / FG To Use Local Textile For Military, Paramilitary Uniforms / Victor Mela Danzaria Appoints 36 Legislative Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.