Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,359 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? (34055 Views)

Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind? / Northern Wedding Of Groom That Loves To Dance & His Shy Bride That Can't Dance / What Is This Pastor Doing With A Love Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by kaywhy09(m): 4:24am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

It doesn't mean equality with men in the area of financial responsibilities...

You are just being ridiculous to think feminism is all about sharing financial responsibilities equally. No!

..a womans duty is to make sure the home is in order and the children and husband are well fed and cared for. Manages the husbands finance very well. Proper Home and financial management are what we bring to the table.

Hey Man, Run ooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Innobee99(m): 4:26am On Mar 12, 2023
Dohn:
Anoda one with a parasitic mindset spotted,,,,, nogo find work do.... Ur own is to b having needs dat u cant meet on ur own
Needs that her Papa no fit meet.

Uselesß generation of ladies

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Oluwademilade: 4:26am On Mar 12, 2023
As a man (rich or poor), this is the type of woman you should avoid. Women no dey succeed for their own family so they depend entirely on you

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:27am On Mar 12, 2023
Dottore:
■ The idea of monogamy is a western culture not African culture. I wonder how the white man convinced you people that polygamy is sinful and abominable but homosexuality is tolerable and human right.
■ All the biblical patriarchs were polygamists and it was never mentioned anywhere that anyone was punished by God for Polygamy infact God even promised David that he could have given him even more women if he hadn't slept with Uriah's wife. David had 8 wives and many concubines yet God still refers to him as a man after God's heart. Abraham slept with his maid and still had a concubine called Kethura. God even promised to bless Ishmael just for the mere fact that he's Abraham's blood. I don't need to mention Solomon. Jacob married 2 sisters.
We all pray God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but we don't want to follow their foot steps. Haba. Only Bishop's and General Overseers were instructed to be husbands of one wife.
1. I am afraid that is not true at all. Again, not all of your forefathers were in polygamous marriages, and what you observe happening today is the end result so to speak of the cultures and traditions implemented by your forefathers. undecided

2. It doesn't matter what the so-called biblical patriarchs practiced. We are not fools that we should live as others lived simply for the sake of it when it behooves us to instead live in the way that best favors us in both the current and the future. undecided
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Mar 12, 2023
Oluwademilade:
As a man (rich or poor), this is the type of woman you should avoid. Women no dey succeed for their own family so they depend entirely on you
The moment you submit yourself to hypogamy chances are high that this is exactly the kind of woman you have landed for yourself. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Funflipper: 4:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your culture extols men to take on 100% of the financial burden in marriage. OP is merely preaching your culture to you. Why does that make her a gold digger? I don't see any one here equally disavowing your culture and traditional beliefs in the same breath. undecided

We no longer go by the culture because the odds are stacked against us. Back in the days, seeing the color of a girl's pant was like hitting a jackpot so it made sense then but not in this era where girls now openly sell sex.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Innobee99(m): 4:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Autobot05:

Times have changed .. back then women were not allowed to work . They were mostly housewives until y'all started your equality and feminism thingy
You wanted to work and the modern days brought equality which is good. Women are becoming anything they wish to be and they're hitting different landmarks and achievements ...Now you are complaining you want to go back to the days of housewifery ( probably because of laziness)

You skipped my question what do you bring to the table?
This backlash made my day

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Bahamas95(m): 4:31am On Mar 12, 2023
Another mumu thread from a fvcking feminist and potential evening newspaper. I just read like 2 sentences and stopped because I hate wasting my time.

She nor get problem at all, Shiloh is held every year.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Mar 12, 2023
Funflipper:
■ We no longer go by the culture because the odds are stacked against us.
■ Back in the days, seeing the color of a girl's pant was like hitting a jackpot so it made sense then but not in this era where girls now openly sell sex.
1. I am afraid this is not the truth at all. Hypogamy is still what the vast majority of Nigerian men embrace even today. So how can you say you no longer go for the culture when the culture is what encourages hypogamy in place of commonsense? undecided

2. Back in what day would that be? As far back as the '70s seeing the color of a girl's panties was not unheard of. So, what are you talking about? And sex was sold right from inside some homes, so when? undecided
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Innobee99(m): 4:33am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

LoL.. where the husbands kwanu? Is it the ones that are still struggling to feed themselves? You don't seem to get the drift.

Bye o.
Ur mumu go soon clear

U Ladies will be asking for what ur father can't afford for ur mothers.... Nonsensé. No go find work. Nobody wants a liability for a wife in this Century anymore.
Am married and working. My wife is a fashion designer, we both contribute to the family upkeep

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Dottore: 4:36am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid that is not true at all. Again, not all of your forefathers were in polygamous marriages, and what you observe happening today is the end result so to speak of the cultures and traditions implemented by your forefathers. undecided

2. It doesn't matter what the so-called biblical patriarchs practiced. We are not fools that we should live as others lived simply for the sake of it when it behooves us to instead live in the way that best favors us in both the current and the future. undecided
So you see, summary is that everyman should live the way best suitable for him monogamy or polygamy.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by favour32(m): 4:39am On Mar 12, 2023
In recent era,
avoid any leech that's feels that it's the responsibility of a man to take care of a lazy woman.
This op is still living in the stone age.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by hardbody: 4:45am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:
No no no... You tell me?

A man who cannot meet your needs should not be anywhere around you because he'll only be a stumbling block to your progress and cause you to miss out on great opportunities that would have come your way through those who understand the assignment. Don't ever let such men around you.

I've never been an advocate for starting small with a man after my past experiences even before the economy got this bad not to talk of now that it has plunged deep into meltdown.

A lot of ladies who went into such mess in the early 2000s are still carrying the family till today while the men are struggling to meet up with no headways or hopes in sight. This takes me to the next point.

As a single man still struggling, don't ever brainwash or be brainwashed by any girl to go into marriage and manage with you until things get better. Y'all have seen that e go better has become the prayer of a poor man. So run away from such trap. Make it to a reasonable level first before going for a woman.

I don't want to begin to go into details of the eventualities that may likely occur and become very grave due to inability to tackle them financially. Use your tongue to count your teeth.

I remember a long time ago when I was dating one struggling guy. The aunty asked him a very good question I'll never forget in my life and that taught me a lesson I've been applying in life's situations.

He invited me to come spend the weekend with him that the aunt was around so I could feel relaxed. When I got there and the aunty saw me, she called him aside and asked him the following.
You know we are struggling to eat in this house. Your salary is not enough and you brought in a young girl. What if there's an emergency in the course of her stay, what will you do? How will you go about it? When he told me, I became scared and thought the aunt was right. I now remembered one certain time I visited a friend. So that night we strolled out to buy suya. I don't know if it was from the suya paper or the unhygienic environment it was prepared that gave me food poison. That night, I didn't know where I was. Serious stomach cramps and I was just coiling up in the room that day holding my stomach. Again this lawyer guy no get shishi to even take me to the nearest clinic. In his confusion he gave me garlic to chew. That seemed to help a little but omor, I broke up with him.

So, with this few points of mine, I believe iv been able to convince and not confuse you on the need to stay away from a man that cannot cater for your needs.

If you attack me, it shows you're a struggling guy or dating a struggling guy. Una eyes go soon clear. My own don clear tey tey.

Enjoy.

Your last paragraph sort of gave me an idea of your age bracket or your thinking capacity, so I have forgiven your ignorance upfront. In your story and experience you never read or heard of struggling couples that built wealth from the scratch. We have a few of them in my immediate family and I have at least 2 friends who tied in straight from NYSC and today are doing extensively well. As you choose life, may it be so with you. I have nothing against ladies waiting for already made men but ladies are also not restricted from making money and fame. It is only here that a man must pick all your bills and become your father because he chose to date you. In the western world, we both pick our bills on dates, etc. Even funds in a marriage setting are agreed and contributory. Like I said earlier, nothing wrong in waiting for a ready made man, but it could be a long wait with the sad consequences of being always reminded that you were picked up from the Trash and cleaned up. Make your own money and let the man come and add to it. Mine is an advise as I don't have the time to argue, insult or abuse.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:45am On Mar 12, 2023
Dottore:
So you see, summary is that everyman should live the way best suitable for him monogamy or polygamy.
90% of Nigerians, polygamous and non-polygamous alike, are currently enslaved by poverty, and all of the problems were created by the poor procreating like rats, making more poor people rather than rich people. so what you are arguing is of no benefit to Nigeria or the Nigerian people at this point in time. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Tobest94: 4:47am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:
No no no... You tell me?

A man who cannot meet your needs should not be anywhere around you because he'll only be a stumbling block to your progress and cause you to miss out on great opportunities that would have come your way through those who understand the assignment. Don't ever let such men around you.

I've never been an advocate for starting small with a man after my past experiences even before the economy got this bad not to talk of now that it has plunged deep into meltdown.

A lot of ladies who went into such mess in the early 2000s are still carrying the family till today while the men are struggling to meet up with no headways or hopes in sight. This takes me to the next point.

As a single man still struggling, don't ever brainwash or be brainwashed by any girl to go into marriage and manage with you until things get better. Y'all have seen that e go better has become the prayer of a poor man. So run away from such trap. Make it to a reasonable level first before going for a woman.

I don't want to begin to go into details of the eventualities that may likely occur and become very grave due to inability to tackle them financially. Use your tongue to count your teeth.

I remember a long time ago when I was dating one struggling guy. The aunty asked him a very good question I'll never forget in my life and that taught me a lesson I've been applying in life's situations.

He invited me to come spend the weekend with him that the aunt was around so I could feel relaxed. When I got there and the aunty saw me, she called him aside and asked him the following.
You know we are struggling to eat in this house. Your salary is not enough and you brought in a young girl. What if there's an emergency in the course of her stay, what will you do? How will you go about it? When he told me, I became scared and thought the aunt was right. I now remembered one certain time I visited a friend. So that night we strolled out to buy suya. I don't know if it was from the suya paper or the unhygienic environment it was prepared that gave me food poison. That night, I didn't know where I was. Serious stomach cramps and I was just coiling up in the room that day holding my stomach. Again this lawyer guy no get shishi to even take me to the nearest clinic. In his confusion he gave me garlic to chew. That seemed to help a little but omor, I broke up with him.

So, with this few points of mine, I believe iv been able to convince and not confuse you on the need to stay away from a man that cannot cater for your needs.

If you attack me, it shows you're a struggling guy or dating a struggling guy. Una eyes go soon clear. My own don clear tey tey.

Enjoy.
you should ask your mom why she stayed with your dad despite his financial shortcomings

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by abbey621(m): 4:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:

So who's to say polygamy does not favor us? Apart from the financial and human jealousy factors, the benefits far outweighs the risks. Wives were not worn out by the age of 50, chores were handled properly, lesser chances of infertility, lesser probability of divorce and so on. When you compare the old days to this new woke generation, it is clear that advancement/wokeness has destroyed the very foundation of marriage, take a look at the OP's stance and how it sounds so good to the female ears but if we should turn the scenario around, how those same females would start shouting about unfairness grin grin grin
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Mar 12, 2023
favour32:
In recent era, avoid any leech that's feels that it's the responsibility of a man to take care of a lazy woman. This op is still living in the stone age.
1. Hypogamy is widely celebrated in Nigeria. It is not the OP and those who think as she does that created this problem. The patriarchal system which encourages men to embrace hypogamy en masse is. Op is simply echoing the cultural ideals held firm by most Nigerians. undecided
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Dottore: 4:48am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
90% of Nigerians, polygamous and non-polygamous alike, are currently enslaved by poverty, and all of the problems were created by the poor procreating like rats, making more poor people rather than rich people. so what you are arguing is of no benefit to Nigeria or the Nigerian people at this point in time. undecided
Sorry if you are poor I'm not the cause. Live the life you can afford. Many u married people are poor and struggling, some family of 3 are wretched some polygamy if 15 are doing well. bye
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Geovanni412(m): 4:49am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Sure, I'll get me one soonest.

Nothing wrong with what you said about wanting a man to be able to cater for your needs..

The only challenge you'll have is your age and the level of your needs.

If your need is 500k per month and you are above 25 years old, I go hard you to get any better guy

No sharp business guy who has suffered to make money will want a lady that old unless say both of you started from the bottom tgeda.
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by noonejustme: 4:52am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Leave that feminist bullshit! That's what you men are using as excuse to dodge responsibilities these days.

By the way, feminism is widely misunderstood. It doesn't mean equality with men in the area of financial responsibilities but equality of rights to work, earn and occupy certain office and political positions. You are just being ridiculous to think feminism is all about sharing financial responsibilities equally. No!

To your question, a womans duty is to make sure the home is in order and the children and husband are well fed and cared for. Manages the husbands finance very well. Proper Home and financial management are what we bring to the table.

To be fair, your rebuttal to his question is right to a degree.

And you are also right on how feminism has been heavily abused as a word. Heck, some women (and even men) do not know what it represents anymore!

Feminism in a nutshell is about providing equality of opportunities, as long as you are a human being. Whether man or woman. If there is an opening for a job vacancy (for example), all should be given the opportunity to apply,and compete, whether man or woman. And may the best one win.

Where many people are getting it horribly wrong is that they want equality of outcome, meaning that, because I am a woman ( or a man) , I should be given preference, regardless of the requirements/ process required to reach that goal. And that is very, very unfair.

Men and women are not(and can never ) be equal. Instead we are meant to complement each other for the survival of the human race. How?

Men are genetically built to provide and protect. Women are genetically built to nurture .This is as a fallout of thousands of years of evolution. You cannot change this in a matter of 50 years. I mean, it is imprinted in our DNA.

My problem with feminism is the double standards it potrays these days. Women want men to go the traditional way, yet they want to be modern... Shey you dey whine me ni angry

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On Mar 12, 2023
abbey621:
■ So who's to say polygamy does not favor us?
Apart from the financial and human jealousy factors, the benefits far outweighs the risks. \
■ Wives were not worn out by the age of 50, chores were handled properly, lesser chances of infertility, lesser probability of divorce and so on. ■ When you compare the old days to this new woke generation, it is clear that advancement/wokeness has destroyed the very foundation of marriage, take a look at the OP's stance and how it sounds so good to the female ears but if we should turn the scenario around, how those same females would start shouting about unfairness grin grin grin
1. The economic situation says so. The poor breeding more poor does not favor Nigeria and Nigerians. undecided

2. You are joking, right? undecided

3. Generations enslaved in poverty as a result of being from such homes speak volumes against any claims of a benefit you make. undecided

4. The trend you observe today, along with the devastating impacts it continues to have on the economy and lives of the people, are all a culmination of the cultures and traditions of the days of your fathers and their forefathers before them— the last 60 years of them at least. That is where the blame ought to go instead. undecided
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Mar 12, 2023
Dottore:
■ Sorry if you are poor I'm not the cause. Live the life you can afford. Many u married people are poor and struggling, some family of 3 are wretched some polygamy if 15 are doing well. bye
1. So, even though the numbers clearly show that what you claim is all a lie, you will rather continue to defend the foolishness for the sake of sounding correct in your head? undecided
Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by MemoriesAndMe: 4:55am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Why shouldn't he take me to the hospital? Even if someone who's working and has all the money falls sick will she know where she is? How much more be able to access her money at that time? So if that is the case, he can't do something pending when she gets revived?

See... I'm not making a boast. When I was still in my early 20s my dad fell sick and by the next day I got to his house and found him lying really sick. He could not even get up or do anything. Immediately I said what is this, I called my sister and quickly we got a taxi and rushed him to the hospital. From the test to bills and everything, my sister and I fute everything. He was proud of us till he died many years after.

Now, a lawyer can not call even common bike to take me to the nearest clinic not to talk of futing the hospital bill you say I should not talk?? Abegi!

Pls dont get me wrong, same way you have had bad experiences with him and probably other dudes is same way he may have had bad experiences with you and other babes. It's just not ok to just judge anyone at this point.

Regarding the point you brought up about him, I'd think before you came over to his house, you should have thought of the worst case scenario. Don't expect a dude to rush you to the hospital in case anything happens when you can't afford to do same when it happens to him.

Forget that he's a lawyer. How much do lawyers make? Even SANs have bills that take up their income. Kindly get off that mindset.

We are all humans. You don't have to spend your money first, but if your dude don't have the cash - especially now during the cash crunch - everyone will appreciate whoever can be supportive.

If your man can't support you now, then support him. It's vice versa. Y'all are a team. It doesn't mean he can't support you later when he's on his feet. Everyone knows what's happening in Nigeria now, it's not easy and it takes some level of endurance to keep a relationship you care about if that's what you you intend.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Mar 12, 2023
noonejustme:
■ Where many people are getting it horribly wrong is that they want equality of outcome, meaning that, because I am a woman ( or a man), I should be given preference, regardless of the requirements/ process required to reach that goal. And that is very, very unfair.
■ Men and women are not(and can never ) be equal. Instead we are meant to complement each other for the survival of the human race. How? Men are genetically built to provide and protect. Women are genetically built to nurture.This is as a fallout of thousands of years of evolution. You cannot change this in a matter of 50 years. I mean, it is imprinted in our DNA.
■ My problem with feminism is the double standards it potrays these days. Women want men to go the traditional way, yet they want to be modern... Shey you dey whine me ni angry
1. I am afraid you are the one getting it wrong here instead. The demand for equality in income simply says that regardless of the gender of the person occupying the particular position, the pay should be the same. Meaning, it should not matter whether it is a man or a woman occupying that secretary position or that team manager position, the pay for the position should be standard for all people. undecided

2. I am afraid that only applies to your head as scientists have resolved that there are no gendered brains — no real differences between the male and female brains as instead it is all a result of social and cultural influences that we believe such things exist. So you have some catching up to do there. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00677-x

3. OP has made it clear to you that she isn't a feminist, so stick to that which you understand rather than continue to butcher that which you clearly don't seem to — feminism. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by nedekid: 5:11am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Do you know my age? No. So don't conclude yet.

I still maintain my stance. Don't ever be with a man that cannot meet your needs.
Aunty, why can't you meet you needs? Was money not spent sending you to school? God forbid for any of my daughters to think this way, hence they are being tooled to be independent.
How much does a man want to give you that you cannot earn yourself? Sorry to say It shows inferiority complex, lack of confidence in your ability.
I have a sibling whom in early marriage, the hubby refused her working despite all the money her father used to train her as a barrister. Made her leave under his wimps. Last last she walked out of the marriage and guess what? She is a very very successful barrister in the UK today.
She does not need a man to care of her needs.
It is people that need others to take care of their needs that are forced to stay and are abused. They earn no respect as they are viewed as gold diggers. They are worthless as they have no skills. Their usefulness is only their beauty or bedmatic skill, and after several test drive, it is the sour in the mouth, what next then?
It is rather unfortunate you think this way, but it is your right. Look at Adunni Ade and a host of other actresses eg, Iyabo ojo. Bacause of them needing men for their needs, now have to rub in the mud or shit with the likes of Koko Zaria, oluomo and the rest.
A gentleman like Paul O dating iyabo ojo now will have to reconsider, because the embarrassment will be too much on him.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by abbey621(m): 5:18am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The economic situation says so. The poor breeding more poor does not favor Nigeria and Nigerians. undecided

2. You are joking, right? undecided

3. Generations enslaved in poverty as a result of being from such homes speak volumes against any claims of a benefit you make. undecided

4. The trend you observe today, along with the devastating impacts it continues to have on the economy and lives of the people, are all a culmination of the cultures and traditions of the days of your fathers and their forefathers before them— the last 60 years of them at least. That is where the blame ought to go instead. undecided

What are you talking about? Even in the old days na rich man dey marry plenty wives, poor man wey try am no dey last. Majority of the rich folks wey you know today, the Otedolas, the Adenugas, Dangote, all came from polygamous backgrounds. Abeg shift, stop using junk analysis to spew falsehoods. Poverty na poverty, person wey e no go better for, e no go better for; this is true whether he marries multiple women or not. Look at the trends, nowadays less people are polygamous but we have more divorce, more poverty, more unsatisfied men resulting to rape, incest ect. You mentioned generational poverty, so can you explain why Nigerians got poorer over the past 20 years even tho less people are practicing polygamy? Explain that!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by hairyman(m): 5:28am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:
No no no... You tell me?

Enjoy.

What did you mean by your needs?
Money to make your hair and nails, to buy clothes and fund your lifestyle?

If those are the needs you mean then why would any man even want to marry you?
What do you have to offer the man in exchange? Sex?

You would have to be in the top 5% of desirable women to be able to attract that 1% of men who can foot these bills comfortably and not feel like you are a leech.
So are you top 5% and are you willing to risk waiting for a top 1% of men? That's about an 80% chance of not finding one.

If by needs you mean a capacity to take care of the family: pay the necessary bills; rent, utility, food, car and maintenance, school fees, kids clothes, family health insurance, emergency capability, then that's fine.
But what do you have to offer this man? Because in Nigeria he is not entirely common too.
Maybe another 5-10%.
Can you meet his standards. Because no matter how high you set your standards as a woman, it matters little. You cannot go out to get the man who meets it, it is the man whose standards you meet that will come to you.

You are an adult, you should first be able to take care of yourself. Only then should you look for someone to take care of the family he would like to raise with you.

I believe strongly that it is a man's duty to take care of his family. But by taking care I don't mean buying clothes and funding the hairstyle, nails, shoes or whatever lifestyle of a woman. A adult who cannot do these things, offers nothing substantial in exchange and believes that it is her birthright, does not deserve a serious man.
Occasionally, it is cool to gift your wife things. Perhaps it is cool all the time if you can afford it. But as a prerequisite for a relationship? You had better have something to give in return...and it had better not be sex you have in mind.

Chances are that you will only be able to meet a struggling man who is willing to settle down with you. For most women that is nearly the only option.

If women were a little bit more realistic, they will know this. But it is the tendency of the female gender to overrate themselves.

Do you have any idea what is implied by130million people living in poverty in a country of about 200million people?

Dear lady, perhaps in a few more years, after you have realized that how slim 1% is, then we can have this conversation again.

I can bet presently though that you are younger than 25.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Mar 12, 2023
abbey621:
■ What are you talking about? Even in the old days na rich man dey marry plenty wives, poor man wey try am no dey last. Majority of the rich folks wey you know today, the Otedolas, the Adenugas, Dangote, all came from polygamous backgrounds. Abeg shift, stop using junk analysis to spew falsehoods.
■ Poverty na poverty, person wey e no go better for, e no go better for; this is true whether he marries multiple women or not. Look at the trends, nowadays less people are polygamous but we have more divorce, more poverty, more unsatisfied men resulting to rape, incest etc.
■ You mentioned generational poverty, so can you explain why Nigerians got poorer over the past 20 years even tho less people are practicing polygamy? Explain that!
1. How many of their siblings ended up as rich as themselves, living the same way they do today? undecided

2. Poverty is not just poverty. It is a shackle that is easily passed from parent to child, generation to generation. The vast majority of Nigerians today, both polygamous and monogamous, exist today in poverty and many of them will die in poverty. Even their children will, on the most part, also die in poverty as a result of being born in poverty. Only a handful will escape that life and be able to pass on a better life to their own offspring after them. undecided

3. This is simple, over the last 20 years, Nigerians have been breeding like rats without putting the same effort into first lifting themselves out of poverty before doing so. Also, while you claim that fewer people were practicing polygamy in the last 20 years, the truth is instead that while shying away from the traditional polygamous setup, many more have taken to having sidechicks/concubines — children from many of those sidechicks —instead of having them all under one roof as wives. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by nedekid: 5:38am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Why shouldn't he take me to the hospital? Even if someone who's working and has all the money falls sick will she know where she is? How much more be able to access her money at that time? So if that is the case, he can't do something pending when she gets revived?

See... I'm not making a boast. When I was still in my early 20s my dad fell sick and by the next day I got to his house and found him lying really sick. He could not even get up or do anything. Immediately I said what is this, I called my sister and quickly we got a taxi and rushed him to the hospital. From the test to bills and everything, my sister and I fute everything. He was proud of us till he died many years after.

Now, a lawyer can not call even common bike to take me to the nearest clinic not to talk of futing the hospital bill you say I should not talk?? Abegi!
Sis, you are making a big mistake or you mindset is flawed.
I know of this lawyer that dated my friends elder sister back in the day. Handsome skinny young man. Infact, someone said her dad complained that out of all the men in Lagos, it was this struggling chap that drove a ijapa his lawyer daugher saw to date and eventually marry! When they started having kids, those kids were dumped in the parents house while hubby and wife hustled. Wife will travel to work and bring money, buy equipment for her other passion, designing. Hubby was working as legal officer in a company.
They grew.
Today, that man is a billionaire in naira and if worth nothing, over $500m. Owner of many companies ie oil and gas, banking, law ofices, aviation, money laundering, security, real estate etc. His wife is involved in his business, he does not joke with her or her family.
On the other hand I know this lady, both she and her hubby work in the same federal gov agency. Over time hubby moved to the FCT and supposedly made it. Same parastatal. When this lady complained to me of her marital problems, I immediate saw the issue she had. Despite all the money she makes, one loaf of bread or tissue she cannot buy in her home, oga has to bring the money! To buy as little as Maggie, oga must bring or he is failing in his responsibility in her eyes! It is his duty! This is a senior lady where she works, probably earning millions. Someone you can ask for $50k and she will bring it out easily.
Ofcourse the hubby has seen her finish, treating her anyhow. No regards or respect for her at all. He throws money to her in disgust. Car was faulty, she asked shamelessly for Uber money, oga scornfully asked her to enter bus etc.
Women should have some self worth and pride.

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Bluffly: 5:40am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Why should a woman be the one to meet your needs? Are women meant to til the ground? That's the man's duty from creation and even though women are now doing it. It still doesn't give a man the right to her money.
That was not the man's duty from creation. Go back and read your bible. Moreso a woman was created as an help meet and not a liability.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by sunbreaker: 5:46am On Mar 12, 2023
EriMma1:

Cant you men be by yourselves? Must you go after a woman you know clearly you cant afford?

Sure, I can meet my needs by His grace and Ive decided to stay on my own and not bother anyone who can't take care of me so you men should do same! Haba!
you are only talking to the men that chase women up and down because I don't see anythings special about woman to be pursue like career goal

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? by Brushstrokes20: 5:46am On Mar 12, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it undecided

# lorry load of TRASH from a LAZY LEECH! undecided

I blame the mod that brought this trash here cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" / If You Earn N65,000 Monthly, Give Your Girlfriend N50,000 - Nigerian Man Says / What Does A Side Chick Offer That A Main Chick Can't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.