Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? (45115 Views)

As a Christian, Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:32am On Mar 12, 2023
SOME MEN DONT WANT TO WORK

And it is perfectly ok as long as they communicate this to their partners.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:34am On Mar 12, 2023
MEN WANT TO BE STAY AT HOME DADS.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:35am On Mar 12, 2023
MEN CAN BE STAY AT HOME HUSBANDS.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:39am On Mar 12, 2023
The unwritten rule that a man has to be a provider has to be destroyed if we want to win the war against patriarchy. We have to completely eliminate gender roles. Women are not lesser than men and women can be the sole provider while a man cooks and clean.

Besides, you don’t use penis to make money.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Mar 12, 2023
Zihno:
■ OPs husband doesn’t want to be treated like a god. He has shown this by his actions. A man with a god like complex won’t be doing house chores of their own accord.
■ How do you not understand that a stay at home dad/husband IS sharing responsibilities? One partner provides financially, the other takes care of the home and/or kids. They’ve shared the responsibility already .
1. OP did not enter into an agreement with her husband to take on the sole responsibility for the family's finances, hence the reason why she is complaining — no compromise was reached between them. undecided

2. He is not sharing financial responsibilities with her, is he? You do know there is a difference between having to share responsibility and having to bear it all alone. undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:45am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. OP did not enter into an agreement with her husband to take on the sole responsibility for the family's finances, hence the reason why she is complaining — no compromise was reached between them. undecided

2. He is not sharing financial responsibilities with her, is he? undecided

The agreement was entered into the moment she said “I do”.

He doesn’t contribute financially because he can’t. The OP can and should continue to provide for her family while the husband can continue to cook, clean and care for their children.

Why is this so difficult to process?

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Zihno: 3:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Omo, just stay away from Nigerian women.

Why is providing for your own family and yourself so difficult?

Why do you expect a man to provide when you can’t do same?
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Mar 12, 2023
Zihno:
■ The agreement was entered into the moment she said “I do”.
■ He doesn’t contribute financially because he can’t. The OP can and should continue to provide for her family while the husband can continue to cook, clean and care for their children.
■ Why is this so difficult to process?
1. You continue to miss undecided the important point here which is that marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. An agreement is a contract with terms and conditions clearly defined. When they both say "I do" they both agree to the contract at the time of the vow. If and when one of the partners decides there needs to be a change of deal, the partner risks breaching the contract. Meaning there needs to be a renegotiating of terms if possible and as you can see, OP does not agree to that. undecided

2. OP is not obligated by the contract which she entered into to do any of that. She can do it for as long as she wants to but she is under no obligation to do so. undecided

3. Because Marriage is meant to be an agreement between a man and a woman, and not something you can change up anyhow and anytime you like. undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Caseless: 4:20am On Mar 12, 2023
What would you advice in a situation where a husband loses his job due to gambling and decided not to make any effort in search of another job or business or any legal means of making even little money.

He just wakes up in the morning, have his bath, put on the AC and go back to sleep. Only expecting any little thing the wife can cook to eat? He wouldn't pay any bills, provide anything but very humble helping out with house cleaning and washing.

Knowing that the situation is not funny on the wife and two children.

The wife must struggle to make food available no matter how little for the children, because she can't watch the children go hungry.
In a situation like this, when men goes out looking for means of making food available for their children and family, he is comfortable not having anything to offer all the time.
Is this the character of a father and husband that loves?

Is this not enough reason to divorce him?
if he's not creating trouble or beating you up, walk him through this phase - he'd change.

Gambling is an addiction. Help him out of it.

You're not even sure if he's testing you as a woman he's married to. We understand how women act when men get broke - maybe he's trying to see you show that true you in his time of lack.

Don't go and overreact!
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by emmaodet: 4:23am On Mar 12, 2023
Richy4:
grin cheesy grin grin grin
Which kind vow Una swear?

That day when them ask you...Do U promise to take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaken all other,..
U opened your well brushed.. Colgate minty mouth.. Lipstick infested lips and 15 megawatts of smile and say I do.. u think say Na play u go play for there?🤭🙊

Make U stayOoo, U supposed to honour the "poorer" aspects of the vow😝

Na that AC part of the story got me laughing...Abi he no dey on AC before when he get job? How come u find it disgusting now?. make you just remove the AC and sell first before he first you remember am😂

grin grin
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Tobest94: 4:37am On Mar 12, 2023
He can endure anything. No food, he will lay down there till there's food. Once there's raw food, he will go to kitchen and prepare and eat, but he can never buy them.
He know no matter what, I will buy few things in the house to avoid going to buy little little food items from neighbouring shops.
No close up, bathing soap, cream, everything, he will endure, till I replace them.
He's really annoying.
money don finish now your husband don become annoying.. ok o. Woman, seat him down and ask him to tell you his plans. Tell him you know he has plans and you want to hear them. You’ve right to know your spouse’s plan as regarding the family
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Luckysbab: 4:48am On Mar 12, 2023
bukatyne:

It is petty to point out a jobless man is putting on AC every day? undecided

Even two income household try to mix and match fan & AC to reduce the expenditure on utilities.

Should he be thinking of adding to their financial burden or reducing it?

I doubt it's the financial burden of the AC on that bothers her, but more likely him being comfortable underneath it.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ezegold4we: 4:58am On Mar 12, 2023
Gambling, drug's, laziness, procrastination and womanizing are the 3 easiest ways to remain in perpetual poverty

The word of God says that's if any man does not provide for his family,He is worse than an infidel,

That man should sit up and look for any work or Job to do and provide for his family,

A transfered responsibility is a transferred crown,

Any healthy man being fed by a woman on a daily basis should just go on hunger strike and pray to God to help him because it's never the will of God from the beginning, God made man the Head in everything especially in marriage.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by papae1(m): 5:19am On Mar 12, 2023
Richy4:
grin cheesy grin grin grin
Which kind vow Una swear?

That day when them ask you...Do U promise to take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, forsaken all other,..
U opened your well brushed.. Colgate minty mouth.. Lipstick infested lips and 15 megawatts of smile and say I do.. u think say Na play u go play for there?🤭🙊

Make U stayOoo, U supposed to honour the "poorer" aspects of the vow😝

Na that AC part of the story got me laughing...Abi he no dey on AC before when he get job? How come u find it disgusting now?. make you just remove the AC and sell first before he first you remember am😂
Bad guy
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by papae1(m): 5:32am On Mar 12, 2023
LittleBigDick:
Don't serve him food untill he starts paying the bills and don't do anything for him

Don't divorce except you don't love him and found another man to remarry

Treat him badly so that he can refrain from his gambling habits and get a job
Though am not a Gambler but my take in this is what if he eventually win a huge amount tomorrow while she already divorce him. From what I understand most of this gamblers believe they're going to win one day.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Successkolapo(f): 5:33am On Mar 12, 2023
undisputedKOC:
He must be an Igbo man, that's their character, very lazy animals. He is probably waiting for the next batch of drugs to Lcarry or woman to scam to make money to eat undecided

shocked mmmmm young or old being, you're not an IGBO and you can never be. IGBOs will always be your shade in countries you found yourself.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by papae1(m): 5:35am On Mar 12, 2023
If I should remembered his treatment when he had a job earning salaries, all through my pregnancy, paying bills and all that then, I deserve to kill him. He has never been a caring husband and father to his children.

He has no past good record that can make me think backward and support a jobless husband.

Why did you marry him in the first place.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by NwaliE01: 5:58am On Mar 12, 2023
This generation, any rift in marriage, the first option that cross their minds is divorce.
We Africans, where did we learnt this divorce?
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by yinkeys(m): 6:13am On Mar 12, 2023
Each time I talk to him about getting a job or his next plan, he always tell me. He have a plan. But I know he don't
Go ahead & Divorce him.

You lousy women don’t know anything

Why will you take the stupid marital vows.

I don’t blame you, the burden of performance is usually on men

Good luck finding another one if you’re half past one

Someone is going through rough times & your solution is to divorce him. Please do
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Masculity(m): 6:16am On Mar 12, 2023
Ma'am why leave someone that's able to provide AC for you and your children. This is the right time he need you guys. If you abandon him now you have fail and it will hurt you one day when history remember you as person that discarded her husband at the time he needed her must.
What would you advice in a situation where a husband loses his job due to gambling and decided not to make any effort in search of another job or business or any legal means of making even little money.

He just wakes up in the morning, have his bath, put on the AC and go back to sleep. Only expecting any little thing the wife can cook to eat? He wouldn't pay any bills, provide anything but very humble helping out with house cleaning and washing.

The wife must struggle to make food available no matter how little for the children, because she can't watch the children go hungry.
In a situation like this, when men goes out looking for means of making food available for their children and family, he is comfortable not having anything to offer all the time.

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:39am On Mar 12, 2023
NwaliE01:
■This generation, any rift in marriage, the first option that cross their minds is divorce.
■ We Africans, where did we learnt this divorce?
1. Your forefathers did exactly the same things. Any small thing, they sent the woman packing back to her father's house to collect the bride price and abandoning her with the children she had. Your ancestors went as far as to demonize the abandoned women in order to shut them up and keep their reputations so no one would find out what they had done. undecided

2. Divorce has always existed, only in the south it is hidden in the form of marriage abandonment which is not officially tracked and hence the reason why the official divorce rate is maintained at an artificially low rate. The north, on the other hand, has been open about divorce and had it tracked even as far back as the 70s. It is for this reason that while the official divorce rate up north has remained at approximately 60% since the 80s in parts of the North, it has hovered below 2% in the south. undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:58am On Mar 12, 2023
Gloriagee:
Wat does she lose, Mr. Mama I no fit lie you?

don't mislead her, let her take a good advice.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Brushstrokes20: 7:01am On Mar 12, 2023
Hmmmm.... Very dicey situation!
The man needs a lot of counselling and reorientation as regards his gambling though.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ejimatic: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, you are wrong in your claim as instead scripture states instead that it is when one remarries that one could potentially sin against God — not when one gets a divorce. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/7078665/divorce-not-sin-jesus-christ

2. Jesus Christ no talk any of wetin you dey claim here abeg! undecided
. I don't understand what you are saying .It sense you are mixing things together.Lwt me try to isolate some ideas .: 1. Everybody ideas or opinions are respected on this matter2.I am not trying to win an argument here but to explain what I which may not be accepted by some people because people view divorce and remarriage in varied ways. 3. There is no sin in divorce and remarriage if the grounds for them are based on the scriptures. 4 God does not want divorce that is not scriptural.He hates basesless diviource Malachi 2. vrs 14 to 16. 5 . If a person is married only to divorce his wife for a trivila reason and remarry that person is commiting adultery because before God the first marriage is intact. 6 I have not said anything on legal implications of divorce not basedon scripture. 7. It is disturbing in our time now when we see people divorcing their spouses now on unscriotural reasons. Nobody cares.Mqny don't even get marriage but they are living as husbands and wives.Those ones are living in fornication.I think what I have said is clear now.Any observation or comments are welcomed.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by udede(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2023
dmostcheerful:

A man's primary duty as a husband is to provide for his family.
How will you feel if your wife leave your house unkept for a whole month?
No sweeping, cooking or washing?
Just wake up in the morning, bath, leave the kids with you, on AC and sleep?
nobody is supporting the joblessness of the man. It is his responsibility to provide for his family also but when there is a hiccup inthe flow of things anybody can help in any thing until things balance out again
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kobojunkie: 7:20am On Mar 12, 2023
ejimatic:
. I don't understand what you are saying .It sense you are mixing things together.Lwt me try to isolate some ideas .: 1. Everybody ideas or opinions are respected on this matter
2.I am not trying to win an argument here but to explain what I which may not be accepted by some people because people view divorce and remarriage in varied ways.
3. There is no sin in divorce and remarriage if the grounds for them are based on the scriptures.
4 God does not want divorce that is not scriptural.He hates basesless diviource Malachi 2. vrs 14 to 16.
5 . If a person is married only to divorce his wife for a trivila reason and remarry that person is commiting adultery because before God the first marriage is intact.
6 I have not said anything on legal implications of divorce not basedon scripture.
7. It is disturbing in our time now when we see people divorcing their spouses now on unscriotural reasons. Nobody cares.Mqny don't even get marriage but they are living as husbands and wives.Those ones are living in fornication.I think what I have said is clear now.Any observation or comments are welcomed.
■ God, may hate divorce yet God Himself announced that He divorced, at one point, His bride, Israel, in Jeremiah 3 vs 8 only to later take her back again. Can God sin? NO! So, yes, God hates divorce but divorce is not sin undecided

■ God allowed divorce in His Old Law of Moses, and the same God allowed for divorce even in His New Covenant Law as well meaning divorce is not a sin. God does not change His mind. undecided

■ The divorce trends you see today are the same as they were during the time of your ancestors. Your ancestors hid their divorce behind marriage abandonment schemes. They would send the women back to their father's homes only to pretend the marriage never happened. That atrocity resulted in many of those women living in shame for the rest of their lives as they were recognized not as divorced women but as women unfit for marriage afterward. The rate of abandonment mirrored the official rate of divorce in the north where the divorce was openly accepted and allowed. So, do not deceive yourself by believing in false illusions that all was well and golden during the time of your ancestors. undecided
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Kingsland001(m): 7:36am On Mar 12, 2023

YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN!

THEREFORE I WOULD LIKE TO INVEST INTO YOUR SMALL BUSINESS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE AND CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL (screenshort this your moniker when sending me a message to my email so that I'll know it's you precisely)
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Mindlog: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2023
udede:
nobody is supporting the joblessness of the man. It is his responsibility to provide for his family also but when there is a hiccup inthe flow of things anybody can help in any thing until things balance out again

The how and when are core to the presenting issue.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by ejimatic: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
■ God, may hate divorce yet God Himself announced that He divorced, at one point, His bride, Israel, in Jeremiah 3 vs 8 only to later take her back again. Can God sin? NO! So, yes, God hates divorce but divorce is not sin undecided

■ God allowed divorce in His Old Law of Moses, and the same God allowed for divorce even in His New Covenant Law as well meaning divorce is not a sin. God does not change His mind. undecided

■ The divorce trends you see today are the same as they were during the time of your ancestors. Your ancestors hid their divorce behind marriage abandonment schemes. They would send the women back to their father's homes only to pretend the marriage never happened. That atrocity resulted in many of those women living in shame for the rest of their lives as they were recognized not as divorced women but as women unfit for marriage afterward. The rate of abandonment mirrored the official rate of divorce in the north where the divorce was openly accepted and allowed. So, do not deceive yourself by believing in false illusions that all was well and golden during the time of your ancestors. undecided
Your opinions and contributions are appreciated and respected !

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by livinbygrace: 8:06am On Mar 12, 2023
Each time I talk to him about getting a job or his next plan, he always tell me. He have a plan. But I know he don't

So you believe ,its only when a man go out ,that he makes money in this modern age,why we are using 1000 to get 600?
Most people that makes money these days dont even lift a finger,just an idea.Madam,you need to be updated.
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by udede(m): 8:11am On Mar 12, 2023
Mindlog:

The how and when are core to the presenting issue.
that one is the hands of God, the motivation of the man and Buhari. Meanwhile who did you vote ?
Re: Is This Not Enough Reason To Divorce Him? by Rupertek: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2023
This is what we get when women become the breadwinners. There was no problem at all when the man was shouldering the responsibilities
Kingdollar28:

How do you know he doesn't have a plan?

He had money before bah?

But lost to gambling?

Sis, your husband is battling frustration/depression

Help him find his ways back

If you divorce him, na u loose

Mama I no fit lie you

I'm married and experienced

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Many Married Men Are Unhappy... / What Has The Lockdown Opened Your Eyes To? / Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.