Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender (18412 Views)

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by thegrinch(m): 8:22am On Mar 13, 2023
Bubu4Sea:
This one is trying everything to get re-elected.

But we wont forget how Sanwo-Olu ordered Soldiers to shoot us during EndSARS

He ordered the Soldiers to shot at Lekki Toll gate during endsars

https://twitter.com/ayemojubar/status/1633034938487386112

Bastard post am... Idiot repost am.

What is his source
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by shegz24(m): 8:23am On Mar 13, 2023
masterflowx:
Governors want to use the old notes to induce voters that is why they are all crying and forcing their states people to be collecting.

You still never learn from Tinubu's win that old or new notes... person wey go win election go still win
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by shegz24(m): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2023
Bubu4Sea:
This one is trying everything to get re-elected.

But we wont forget how Sanwo-Olu ordered Soldiers to shoot us during EndSARS

He ordered the Soldiers to shot at Lekki Toll gate during endsars

https://twitter.com/ayemojubar/status/1633034938487386112

People like you are the ones that easily get brainwashed to join IPOB or bokoharam.

Because you dont think for yourself, your brain is just for interior decoration of your skull.

In what part of the constitution did you read that the Nigerian Military can be ordered by a State governor?

Even state police doesnt exist and the commissioner of police for each state is appointed by the Federal govt.

But you think the military can be controlled by a Governor; why not add the Airforce and Navy too.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by MrAmaechi(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2023
The people may have to obey what the CBN says.

Lanrelagboi:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php/?fbid=584161287075262
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by hohafrank(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2023
When have this man become the president federal republic of Nigeria?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Kog45(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2023
masterflowx:
Governors want to use the old notes to induce voters that is why they are all crying and forcing their states people to be collecting.
Stop playing politics with everything...Nigerians are facing hell.The people comfortable with naira redesigning are only kids who don’t know anything but must eat cuz parents must provide and I know you are not a kid 🧒
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by mnwogu(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Eme-failure is a mad man and nothing else

Bros, leave Emefiele alone and blame the presidency. Stop thinking Emefiele is working on his own. Emefiele cannot issue any statement if the president has not sanctioned it period.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Johnjustice: 8:56am On Mar 13, 2023
Very good, this is why I like Sanwo Olu, a state governor can intervene to save their state. Federal system means every state has its parliament and can determine its faith, as per the doctrines of our constitution. Most states governors are not giving value to their people, but this is the essence of state style of federalism, that's why people are saying this federal government system, should be done the right way. State government, along with their parliament have a right to determine a people's fate and destiny, because the state parliament, is the people of the state. Of course we know seccession is not in our constitution for now, so that is out of it, but state government has a right to ensure, the wellbeing of the state, ensure security for the people of the state, ensure the wellbeing of the people of the state, they have these rights in our constitution, some state governors are not just using it. Sanwo Olu is doing good. If it ain't broken, no need to fix it. Gbadebo has no precedence, he has no track record, you don't have to be a governor to have influence, if you have influence by philanthropic work, or job creation we will know. Gbadebo is another packaged product of obidient labor party device, fully backed by IPoB.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by asanausana91: 9:09am On Mar 13, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
who said he should print old notes? Anyone who have it Should keep spending it, that's what we are saying,and he should print out the new notes for us
nobody stop you from spending it nah.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by gfelo(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2023
grin let see Sanwo-olu come out boldly on TV and say this grin grin grin no be waiting una go say today and denied tomorrow grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ken4Christ: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2023
nwakibe:
Emefiele has set the old notes that is with CBN ablaze. And he cannot start printing a new old notes again. If you are not comfortable with it, you can go back to court.

Where then is the new notes?

He doesnt want us to spend the old notes and he is not making the new notes available.

Is it every transaction that can be done cashless?

You are wicked for supporting Emefiele. Do you know the untold hardship he has placed Nigerians?

If it's not affecting you, it is because you are probably single with no dependent relatives.

People now spend a whole day in the banks if perhaps they can get just N3,000.

People like you need to be reconfigured.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ken4Christ: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2023
Sanwo Olu should set up a task force to ensure that people comply.

He should start with the banks.

Any bank not dispensing and receiving old notes should be sealed up.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by chysam: 9:39am On Mar 13, 2023
Jennynexx22:
The fear of Chinedu

Bring your head,it deserves better oil.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by abebi77572: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2023
make I rush go ChineduAwka shop go buy stuff with old naira kudi make I rush go ChineduAwka shop go buy stuff with old naira kudi...
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Josephkabila12: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2023
nwakibe:
Emefiele has set the old notes that is with CBN ablaze. And he cannot start printing a new old notes again. If you are not comfortable with it, you can go back to court.
Did they tell you that banks return the old notes to CBN, banks are giving out old notes since last week
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Elinosweet143(f): 11:14am On Mar 13, 2023
Instead of telling the people to go ahead and accept old notes that they are not if the banks will collect it from them, i think the best thing to to reach out to the cbn governor or PMB, all people need is just a 4 to 5min speech from any one of them giving Nigerians the go ahead to spend and receive the old notes alongside the new ones. Seriously the suffering is too much. The other day i almost cried while roaming the street looking for cash and i couldn't get even 1k laslas i succeeded in getting 4k the next day but had to pay 1k for it
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by emmyN(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
onatisi:
i think this is the main issue, people are scared. i think what should happen is for state governors to use executive powers and mandate any bank that wants to continue doing business in their respective states to start collecting and paying the old notes, unless banks start collecting it , the ordinary people on the streets won't collect it

Then they would be setting themselves up for litigation. It's not that easy.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Bubu4Sea: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
thegrinch:

Bastard post am... Idiot repost am.
What is his source
The video states it clearly that Sanwo-Olu invited the Army
shegz24:

People like you are the ones that easily get brainwashed to join IPOB or bokoharam.
Because you dont think for yourself, your brain is just for interior decoration of your skull.
In what part of the constitution did you read that the Nigerian Military can be ordered by a State governor?
Even state police doesnt exist and the commissioner of police for each state is appointed by the Federal govt.
But you think the military can be controlled by a Governor; why not add the Airforce and Navy too.
The document released by the panel like also shows, sanwo-olu has blood on his hands
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by orisa37: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
The BANKS SHOULD RETURN THE OLD NOTES THEY COLLECTED FROM US.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by shegz24(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2023
Bubu4Sea:

The video states it clearly that Sanwo-Olu invited the Army

The document released by the panel like also shows, sanwo-olu has blood on his hands

So if I invite you to my house does that mean i gave you the license to take my TV to your house?
Soldiers already exist in Lagos even without any invitation but the question is who gave the order for them to shoot?

A governor can not even order a policeman; a case is point being the embarrassing video of the policeman that refused to do SanwoOlu's bidding that trended a while ago.

How much more order Soldiers to shoot.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by oxiide22(m): 7:22am On May 04, 2023
chukwuma234:

The governors have no power over any bank.
Hello

Good morning sir, can you help me please
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by Parachoko: 7:31am On May 04, 2023
nwakibe:
Dem don put your yeye CBN Governor for shame
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by alezzy13: 7:33am On May 04, 2023
Chai. What a period that was 😫😫🥺
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by lavylilly: 2:18pm On May 04, 2023
oxiide22:
thanks dear but is not going
it's going remove the brackets
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender by oxiide22(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2023
lavylilly:
it's going remove the brackets
ok let me try

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Collapses In Church / "Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi / Ukraine: Some Nigerians Don’t Want To Return - Geoffrey Onyema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.