Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy (41012 Views)

Aloy Ejimakor Reacts To Reports Of UK Designating Of IPOB As A Terror Group / Aloy Ejimakor: I’m Receiving Death Threats From IPOB Members / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by riverbird: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
ribbit:
move to Biafla flat head.

Why do you want to die in Lagos?

Let me shock you and add to your hbp😂, the whole of mainland has been bought by the igbos remaining just 75 houses out of which 25 are already in negotiation stage and if you go to the island it is a goner already 😆😂😆, Incase you need rope to hang yourself I know someone who sells very good ones round alaba international his name is chukwudi of shop 18 ikenna plaza.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by HardBishop: 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
OceanRed:

i have traveled to more than fifteen state in nigeria, i have stayed in more than six states for at least one year , 3 of them in the north. only in Lagos i see Igbo claiming no mans land, they are very quiet and non aggressive especially in the northern states. but the picture is different in lagos
Who told you? The hausa know that the absence of Igbo tribe in their land make is not economically viable for business. They know igbos bring prosperity.
Places where igbos dissapeared in KADUNA STATE are deserted and they're regretting it. Be careful, stop calling for war
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Pleasant01:

Competency or you chose labour party? How did they screen candidates before they were allowed to buy tickets? A known criminal even got elected as a senator in Enugu

So the Abiodun in Abia Contesting is Igbo? Vivour is Igbo?

Look at how you talk.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by MaliCampus: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Intrepid01:
No, they aren’t asking Igbos to leave Lagos. They are saying Igbos should show the kind of respect Igbos living in Kano, Kaduna and Katsina are showing. I’ve not heard of Igbos claiming to takeover Kaduna, Kano or Katsina because they know the land owners over there aren’t tolerant and will go violent on them. But the fact that the owners of Lagos are tolerant and accommodating doesn’t mean they should be disrespected. Even in Anambra, an Ebonyi man was rejected from contesting as a Senator, he was told to go back to his state. Even the wife of Ojukwu, Bianca, was told to go back to Enugu and contest, she was rejected at the primaries in Anambra, That’s Igbos within igbos oh…..
have you seen anybody call Osun,Ekiti,oyo bayelsa etc No man's land? Lagos is what it is. No man's land. Stop crying and kiss the Truth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by arcis: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Cantonese:

You deserve to be called a very big idiot ad a total fool.

He just told you the truth...You guys wouldn't learn..Well, the time is getting closer...You must leave our region..go back to your Syeast

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Omodua(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
raskymonojendor:

A northerner has this to say.
Thanks for the reminiscences.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by GeneralPula: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
cococandy:

So Lagos is a foreign land?
That’s means you must believe anyone who’s isn’t Yoruba is not a Nigerian? Correct?
So Lagos is a No Man’s land?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Iamzik: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Omodua:
Thanks for the reminiscences.

We should blame Zik for Nigeria's problems.

Who is blaming me please?😂😂
Bia this gen Z children make Una allow me rest na🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by HenryWilliams(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
okoroemeka:
what we learnt from the civil war is too make something out of nothing,many Igbo entrepreneurs came to Lagos with just bathroom slippas and polythene bag but they succeeded and filled in swamps to build houses and business despite the 20 pound policy after the war,we learnt that war is not only fought with guns but also economic freedom is also an act of victory

And when you came to Lagos after the war .
The land was empty abi? No was there for you transact business with?
The 20 pounds magically transformed to millions enabling you buy land and build houses,
The same 20 pounds also allowed you to raise your family in peace and tranquility.. cos you met Lagos empty when y'all came after the war .
Abi?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by mikelopez: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Pleasant01:

Guess you've been absent from nairaland and other social media platforms for long

I have NEVER watched any video of commentary of press release where Igbos called Lagos a no man's land.

So drop your prove

Yorubas are just tribalistic bunch

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Godfullsam(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
jmoore:

Who owns Lagos? If they check now, you no even get half plot for Lagos.

Opinions of touts are useless.

I don't leave in that your congested stressful lagos.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by TheBillyonaire: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
thesicilian:
You don't go to a man's house and start telling him his household is a no man's land. If you do that he has every right to walk you out. If you want to be respected in a foreign land, you first have to respect yourself and behave respectfully. And if someday the throne manages to get to you for one reason or the other, you still should never forget your place and the need to remain humble to your hosts.

No man's land is actually a sweet word.

Lagos is not a Yoruba noun. Eko is not a Yoruba noun. How did Yorubas come to own a place that was under the Edo people's conquest before Portuguese turned it into a port for slave trade and other businesses?

Federal Government had to build up Lagos as Federal Capital using oil money and tax money of Nigerians of other States and it has become home for all Nigerians irrespective of tribes. It was after FG relocated Capital to Abuja that Yorubas want to make Lagos a Yoruba state. It is impossible because over half of Lagos is owned by non-yorubas.

Lagos remains no man's land. Any Lagosian irrespective of Origin can govern that State and it has been so. Tinubu and Sanwo Olu are not Lagosians by birth but they have been Governors. Aregebsola is not from Lagos but has been Commissioner.

I see no reason that Chinedu Gbadegbo can not be Governor simply because his Father is Yoruba and Mother is Igbo. Tinubu's son is also married to Igbo. I will expect Tinubu's son to be Governor someday. He can not be stopped because he is married to Igbo lady.

Lagosian of Igbo descent will someday be Governor of No man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by OceanRed(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
mikelopez:

Drop a video where Igbos are claiming no man's land in Lagos

if yoruba are tribalistic, then yoruba land wouldnt be so accommodating to other tribes, there are more tribes and non nationals in lag than any other states in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by mrkia(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
You can't deceive us with this slogan of one Nigeria this time around, again. Of course after the gubernatorial election we shall all continue singing the song again.

Do you think Americans would be so unwise to vote for someone that doesn't have the heart of America, of course no. They know Obama is an American at heart who's but of a Kenyan origin. Not like fraudsters who are bent on voisting Biafra agenda in our land.

We're more wiser now than before...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by flokii: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Cantonese:

You deserve to be called a very big idiot and a total fool.

That your red yam head must resemble that of an agama lizard.

For stating the obvious or which?

Once March 18 election is concluded, Lagos won't be business as usual again for you.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Omodua(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
leanonme82:
You are calling peoples identity and heritage as 'no mans land' and expect open teeth.

You are singing drums of war and dont expect war.

Are u stupid or just playing stupid?!!! What sort of disrespectful tribe is this??!!!

Silly comments from an Eeedi*t!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by arcis: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
MaliCampus:
have you seen anybody call Osun,Ekiti,oyo bayelsa etc No man's land? Lagos is what it is. No man's land. Stop crying and kiss the Truth

Haha, do not cry yet, it's getting nearer day by day...you will surely know if Lagos is no man land..I just pity the innocent among you

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by GeneralPula: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Obama ruled USA but he has never for once called USA a No Man’s Land..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by shinealight(m): 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Johnthum:
Yoruba is the most Tribalistic ethnic group in the history of Nigeria.

They want Igbos to go, yet they want One Nigeria.

What type of Tribe is this

How many Yoruba people are allowed to even own land in your enclave, not to talk of becoming Governor?
Yet you have the temerity to talk of tribalism and you refer to other people’s land as ‘no man’s land’?
Do you think you can ever find peace among such people?
Anyway, Nigeria is clearly not a Nation but an assemblage of non-homogeneous peoples held together at gun point.
Sooner or later, everybody will have to bear his/her father’s name and establish their own countries where they can live in peace! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Pleasant01: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
mikelopez:

I have NEVER watched any video of commentary of press release where Igbos called Lagos a no man's land.

So drop your prove

If despite all Yorubas have done for other tribes in Nigeria you still call them tribalistic then guess we are

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Timmi: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2023
Omicronvaccine:
Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy Ejimakor

Aloy Ejimakor, a Nigerian lawyer has condemned the hostility meted out to Igbos in Lagos by other Nigerians who claim they want a united Nigeria, IGBERETV reports.

Ejimakor wrote on his Twitter handle;

https://twitter.com/AloyEjimakor/status/1635177977356091394?t=86TxUmCI1imzgUcs4FAltg&s=19

Mr Aloy Ejimakor, you got it wrong, it is the Ibos/igbos/Igbos that want to leave Nigeria, and Lagos, the last time I check is the nerve center of Nigeria. So Ibo/Igbo/IPOB should leave Lagos and Nigeria, these people are the animals that make Nigeria a zoo and the rest of us wants our country back. We will roll out the red carpet for them and no one will miss them.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by 2starboy25: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
flokii:
Igbos will leave Lagos sooner or later..

You can't continue disrespecting your host and want to feel relaxed.. If you are too wise, go back to alaigbo and be bossing your kiths and kins around.

You guys obviously haven't learnt anything from the civil war.. I wonder how Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a Black Scorpion would be feeling had it been he was still alive. Igbos don turn hydra with 7 heads wey no gree die for Yorubaland.
if u allow war to take place between igbos and yorubas you will live to regret ur lips, we igbo are peaceful and progressive that is why we beautify ur land for u with our hard earned money, u'll hardly see an igbo man who ask a tribe to leave their land unless u are killing our people like fulanis and some hausas

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Omodua(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
YorubaRonuuu:
No one is actually asking the igbo's to vacate Lagos, it's just that some of them are ingrat.es, their businesses can't even flourish in their hometowns not until they move to the West but still they're ungrateful stylishly saying Lagos isn't for yoruba's
Why not engage in same business instead of Agbero and cheap businesses?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by YorubaRonuuu(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
mikelopez:

Drop a video where Igbos are claiming Lagos

Tribalistic bunch
reread my quote, I said before they start bringing some fabricated stories to claim Lagos belongs to them.... Some of Those igbo's are evil and I will keep saying that. if there's a shopping complex of 10 shops selling stuffs occupied by 9 or 8 igbo's with 2 yoruba's, they'll frustrate the lives of the west to make them vacate the complex either setting armed robbers or even setting the yoruba's shop ablaze.. Greedy set of humans

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Antiurchins: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
Aprocco:

No it belongs to your ancestors, Igwe of Lagos! We just saw the dangerous side Ahmadu Bello pointed out about eebos. Now we see what the North has always said about them and why they will continue to remain 3rd class citizens in Nigeria.

are you from Lagos if yes is your father's grave still available 🤭🤭😄😄🤣🤣🤣

We will draw the boundary and make it sharp post March 18. Father, son's and wanderer's plots would be well defined. All your leased lands are at best for 99 years consent.

Dangerous people to accommodate.
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by jaxxy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
Babathanks:

What concern you with that one?, We are Yoruba and we don't discriminate among each other. I was born and brought up in kaduna and I know how things works here, Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in all the three major tribes in Nigeria but you guys still don't appreciate, can you try all this rubbish with the hausas?

u did ekiti boy claiming lagos.

I was born and raised in lagos. Half of my family is from lagos. igbos have been in lagos b4 tinbu and apc.

Yorubas don't have issues with igbos in lagos it is apc and urchin.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Pleasant01: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
gimakon:

So the Abiodun in Abia Contesting is Igbo? Vivour is Igbo?

Look at how you talk.
You sure you read what I wrote? Where did I mention Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by GeneralPula: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
5starMan:

You call Nigeria a country and same time call Lagos a foreign land to Igbos. Are Igbos from Ghana?, because the last time I checked Lagos is a state in Nigeria and Igbo tribe is one of the 3 major ethnic nationalities in the so-called one Nigeria.
I like how this election is showcasing the fact that Yorubas have long been the most tribalistic in Nigeria.
When it comes to tribalism, no tribe comes close to the Igbos..

The election has shown a lot of reality..

Only the Igbos refused to vote any other candidate. A pure tribal and bigotry politics..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by mikelopez: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
HenryWilliams:

And when you came to Lagos after the war .
The land was empty abi? No was there for you transact business with?
The 20 pounds magically transformed to millions enabling you buy land and build houses,
The same 20 pounds also allowed you to raise your family in peace and tranquility.. cos you met Lagos empty when y'all came after the war .
Abi?

Does Nigerian law stops Igbos from buying land in any part of Nigeria including Lagos.

Is it Yorubas that are protecting Igbos or Igbos are protecting themselves with their hard earn money.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by ggood: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
leanonme82:
You are calling peoples identity and heritage as 'no mans land' and expect open teeth.

You are singing drums of war and dont expect war.

Are u stupid or just playing stupid?!!! What sort of disrespectful tribe is this??!!!

are you from Lagos? You can't come from Kwara state a northern part of Nigeria and tell Igbo to leave Lagos , is Lagos ur state ? Did ur family have landed property in Lagos ?
Re: Lagos Guber: You Want One Nigeria, Yet You Want Igbos To Leave Lagos - Aloy by Antiurchins: 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
[quote author=Antiurchins post=121717869][/quote]

are you from Lagos if yes is your father's grave still available 🤭🤭😄😄🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (34) (Reply)

Civilian JTF Beheads 41 Boko Haram Fighters / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday / Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.