Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) (75923 Views)

Flashback: How Many Of You Remember Lyrics Books? / Who Know This Wasiu Ayinde's Song Title...ibi Gbogbo Or Any Of The Good Old Days / Throwback: Do You Still Remember These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2023
Them good old days๐Ÿ˜Š... I had one back then.. It was almost as valuable as having a phone...

The good thing about it is that, it comes with its own earpiece(if I remember clearly)..
It was like 200 or 300naira back then.
During that era, cheap earpiece dey last ehn....

Kai! Good old days๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by RoeEvi(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
burp18:
radio FM tuner

The tuner was at its side, good old days.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by fabregas04(m): 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
burp18:
Palito?๐Ÿคฃ
U garrit, Palito. i used dis tin een, especially d black one like rectangle in shape.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by TripleA9: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
burp18:
Palito?๐Ÿคฃ
Exactly!!! One cold bottle for you bros
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Proffdada: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
baralatie:
What is that
Palito the life saver
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by easytig(m): 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2023
Back then at Saint Gregory college,I remember buying this radio at obalende,then I upgrade to cd abi na portable disc Player,i was a big boy then,when we the boys go to holy child college and aunty ayo girls to toast and catch babes .
Ebenco84:
Wow! Lovely I bought more than 5times , big bog radio
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by saintsylve(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2023
PreSiDentey:
That's Palito. I really suffered a lot while using this gadget back then in Ibadan Grammar School. I suffered more when I upgraded to Disc man๐Ÿ’ฝ (portable CD player). Money meant for feeding eventually goes to Mama Ope who sells battery. You'll also need to buy earphones๐ŸŽง from time to time ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก and also constantly update your playlist. Wahala.
I listen to more of MJ, Shaggy, Sean Paul, 50 cent, Kelly etc than Nigerian songs. Plug your earphone with the disc man hanged on your waist, you're already the biggest boy in the hood
Chaiii.... good old days

Which year you finished from IGS?
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Jemex003: 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
[font=Georgia][/font]

I bought mine 200 naira then
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Raphael81(m): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
[font=Georgia][/font]

It was called "Palito".
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by SuperOnyi: 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
I don't know dis undecided undecided undecided undecided

We the 2000s children can't relate I guess undecided

shocked

Cap.

I'm a 2000 kid and I remember this clearly, I kept wondering when I'd grow up and own things like that.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Minesbetter(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
Palito Radio ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Bomaking(m): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2023
Good old days indeed...
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by sammie241: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2023
Nah big boys Dey use palito those time.
Remember when I saved up to buy the black one๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Good Old days!
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by MAVICK2000(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

I can still relate man, that one is a fm player with torch and there is another that looks like modem that use small tiger battery its a mp3 player.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Adewale1603(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2023
The earpiece serve as the antenna. It no dey last long. I bought it then for #120. Na #30 or #50 they sell those earpiece then. That used to have red and blue colours on the right and Left ear respectively

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by PythonPros: 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
I have never seen this
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by KingMack(m): 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
[font=Georgia][/font]

I get am...you go buy?
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Solababa91(m): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2023
I could remember having to buy rechargeable batteries then๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Odewaleadesoye:

Yes, I can remember the battery draining part.
Sometimes, you won't finish one track and the battery is gone. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by CartelKenneth: 5:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Olachase:
i thief money buy this thing then that was around 2006, omo so nothing last forever cry cry

then #500 na big money, i stole #1500 from one woman shop, i can't take the money home cus they will ask where did i get it from, i just day chop anything that come my way, omo nigeria don cast that #1500 now no buy anything again

Guy are u alright? U are announcing that u stole sth
Shey oyawerey ni?!!!
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by odimbannamdi(m): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Olachase:
i thief money buy this thing then that was around 2006, omo so nothing last forever cry cry

then #500 na big money, i stole #1500 from one woman shop, i can't take the money home cus they will ask where did i get it from, i just day chop anything that come my way, omo nigeria don cast that #1500 now no buy anything again

You better go do restitution before I call Oga Righteousness for you
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Pakwel(m): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
[font=Georgia][/font]
I was in command kaduna.. i bought like 1 every team. Cos i know I'll dash someone or they will collect it from me as a junior student.. it was like 200 naira then. 200 was big money.. then i upgraded to dickman. I was in jss3. No one. I mean no one had a disk man till like ss2.. i was the only one.. snr and girls borrowed it from me in exchange i get protection..lol. see watin small disk man give me

3 Likes

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by litaninja(m): 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2023
Palito.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Wow I used the hell out of this gadget how time flies
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Bakrabas: 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2023
I tried saving enough money to buy that walkman when I was in SS One at St. Gabriel Comm. Sec. Sch, mokola, Ibadan.

I couldn't safe common 8k to buy the stuff that year.

Alhamdulillah today ... Truly God's is the greatest.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by leisuretym: 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
Anunakeeh:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Chairman at least Rejoice for once and forget your sorrows for some moment๐Ÿ˜‚

Situation is extremely critical now, we need to hold our leaders responsible, not celebrating one old Walkman

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by kolajamesjnr(m): 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
Palito ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Donchyke007(m): 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
i no dey miss Shola Thompson for midnight because of this device. cool cool
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by johndavid1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
Palito Scan... The ear piece na after one week e dun die... Mtcheew... Talkless the batteries that one na no go area.
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Anticrime77: 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
PreSiDentey:
That's Palito. I really suffered a lot while using this gadget back then in Ibadan Grammar School. I suffered more when I upgraded to Disc man๐Ÿ’ฝ (portable CD player). Money meant for feeding eventually goes to Mama Ope who sells battery. You'll also need to buy earphones๐ŸŽง from time to time ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก and also constantly update your playlist. Wahala.
I listen to more of MJ, Shaggy, Sean Paul, 50 cent, Kelly etc than Nigerian songs. Plug your earphone with the disc man hanged on your waist, you're already the biggest boy in the hood
Chaiii.... good old days

Da mountaineer
.รญ sight u
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by tnerro1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
I donโ€™t know this, u guys must be above 50 or something grin
Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by McLizbae: 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
This gadget is fucking garbage in 06 nah bros. Real niggas rock it in the 90s.
Olachase:

Re: Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture) by Honestfrend: 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
Palito

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A thread for acoustic guitarist: beginners,amateurs and professionals / Top Eight Sexiest Radio On Air Personalities(pics) / What Are You Listening To Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.