Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,152 members, 7,856,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Accommodating Yoruba. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Accommodating Yoruba. (1246 Views)

Peter Obi Accommodating Flood Victims From Kogi State In 2012 (Throwback Video)) / The Fallacy Of Yorubas Only Being Accommodating. / If Igbo Was Liberal And Accommodating SE And SS Will Have Igbo Lingual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Nathan2016:

Well the double standard started when Tinubu from Osun State govern lagos but GRV from Lagos state is being questioned and accused of being an OMale. The double standard is you guys. I mean Osun governor mother is Igbo and Ondo governor wife is igbo but hey GRV is not yoruba becos of the same instances.

Una be the double standard. Shalom. Reasoning with your guys is a waste of my time sha. Make I go make my money. đź‘‹
Nobody cares about GRV mother link, if Akeredolu wife is igbo and Tinubu wife is from Delta. That talk probably from some APC folks remains a Politically BS and that doesn't represent every yoruba on the street of lagos. We remain liberal and everyone is ok to support whoever.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by Dentidon: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
PointB:

The 'soil' belongs to Nigeria you clown. I don't need your permission to live and thrive anywhere in Nigeria. The sooner you get that into your thick skull the better for you bigoted urchin.

Now run off and go and burn an 'Igbo' market in Lagos, yeye.

The soil belong to Yoruba who makes up Nigeria entity! Sink that into your skull except your brain don't know the meaning of amalgamation.

I repeat, you can't hate us on our own soil except you want to sink! You dey mad!

2 Likes

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PointB: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
chamboi1:
My main problem with most people from south-east Nigeria is Arrogancy. They never admit to be do anything wrong and also they don't call out their people practising this Tribalism.

We (Yorubas) are not all that great at all, but we admit wrongs. We know a lot of us like comfort zone. Yes, we know we can be tribal bigots by discriminating the Igbos or other tribes. Yes, we know we can be all Lot of things. we admit and collectively working on our wrongs.

Do what makes you happy, even it means calling yourself sophiscated. Igbos will do what make them happy, even it means calling Lagos, No Man's Land, in line with Lateef Jakande's suggestion. If you don't like us, "go to court or go and burn a market." This your nonsense ranting about Igbos must end. We are not in Nigeria to kowtow to urchins like you in particular. You represent no one important by the way.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PointB: 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Dentidon:

The soil belong to Yoruba who makes up Nigeria entity! Sink that into your skull except your brain don't know the meaning of amalgamation.

I repeat, you can't hate us on our own soil except you want to sink! You dey mad!

Go and burn a market. Isn't that what you can do? Or is there something else you're capable of, urchin?
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by Dentidon: 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2023
PointB:

Go and burn a market. Isn't that what you can do? Or is there something else you're capable of, urchin?

And what would you do? Since you say you're born with hate, the hate will sink you. Go display your useless hate in your region! Not on our soil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
PlayerMeji:
You will not see them here....they will avoid the thread like a plague
they are even insulting me loving them.

Imagine what they do to our people.

https://www.nairaland.com/343405/yoruba-community-alleges-marginalisation-enugu
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
To imagine that in 2023 no igbo Woke person can come up with anything next to common sense.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PointB: 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Dentidon:

And what would you do? Since you say you're born with hate, the hate will sink you. Go display your useless hate in your region! Not on our soil

You're the one fuming up and down about Igbo. Igbos just want to live and do business, and participate in every area, include politics, wherever they are.

If you don't like that you have three options:

- Go to court
- Go and burn a market
- Go and hang yourself.

Just do something instead of ranting up and down like an urchin. Or are you an urchin?
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by Nathan2016: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
chamboi1:
My main problem with most people from south-east Nigeria is Arrogancy. They never admit to be do anything wrong and also they don't call out their people practising this Tribalism.

We (Yorubas) are not all that great at all, but we admit wrongs. We know a lot of us like comfort zone. Yes, we know we can be tribal bigots by discriminating the Igbos or other tribes. Yes, we know we can be all Lot of things. we admit and collectively working on our wrongs.

You want them to admit what exactly?

If it’s about arrogancy then it’s the south west.

The former eastern part of the country wanted to get out of the contract of Nigeria in 1967, you said no and a civil war was fought. The SW supported the one Nigeria mantra and force the SE or eastern region to it with the North. Since then till now, no Igbo man or someone from the SE have been head of state or president. That’s more than 50 years. The arrogant yoruba since 1999 have been the president, vice president and also currently president Inec elect.

Then Igbos or SE people decide to play the one Nigeria by doing business in Nigeria like the constitution you lots force us to obey.

Still you arrogant fellow keep calling us visitors or immigrant or says yo accommodated us.
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by Dentidon: 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2023
PointB:

You're the one fuming up and do about Igbo. Igbos just want to live and do business, and participate in every area, include politics, wherever they are.

If you don't like that you have three options:

- Go to court
- Go and burn a market
- Go and hang yourself.

Just do something instead of ranting up and down like an urchin. Or are you an urchin?

Last time your ancestors ran to their cursed land during june 12.

Provoke us on our land and you will sink! Carry your inborn hate to your region, not on our soil.
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PoloG: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
dont mind ingrate igbos
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
Like if the Older ones have messed the country and the black race up should we be getting the same from the younger ones too.

Let us be Honest, THE PERCENTAGE OF YORUBA BOYS MARRIED IGBO GIRLS IS MORE THAN THE IGBO BOYS MARRIED TO YORUBA GIRLS.
AND

THE YORUBA GIRLS MARRIED TO IGBO BOYS ARE MORE THAN THE IGBO GIRLS MARRIED TO YORUBA BOYS.

EVEN WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY THE YORUBAS FROM LAGOS AWAY AND USE THE REST OF YORUBA STATES. IT IS STILL MORE.

IGBOS ARE ARROGANT TRIBAL BIGOTS FINISH!!!!!
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2023
None of us are perfect but if we can't accept our wrongs then it is problem.
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Nathan2016:

You want them to admit what exactly?

If it’s about arrogancy then it’s the south west.

The former eastern part of the country wanted to get out of the contract of Nigeria in 1967, you said no and a civil war was fought. The SW supported the one Nigeria mantra and force the SE or eastern region to it with the North. Since then till now, no Igbo man or someone from the SE have been head of state or president. That’s more than 50 years. The arrogant yoruba since 1999 have been the president, vice president and also currently president Inec elect.

Then Igbos or SE people decide to play the one Nigeria by doing business in Nigeria like the constitution you lots force us to obey.

Still you arrogant fellow keep calling us visitors or immigrant or says yo accommodated us.
do you even know the meaning of arrogant?
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PlayerMeji: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
Yet, your SE governors can not think of a Yoruba man as fit for the job.
Whatever you see a Hausa man doing or about to do in your region is what we have allowed in Yorubaland since immemorial.
I have lived in Enugu, Port Harcourt, I grew up in Warri, and I have stayed in Onitsha... I have traveled and transversed the hinterlands of Igboland.
So you are not talking to a kid...my mention of Warri is so that you know that the South-South and South East are my grounds...

So I know what I am talking about...

The notions you people pass around and gaslight gullible people are YORUBA are tribalistic and YORUBA PEOPLE DONT MIGRATE! are basically what I am against...

We are accommodating and migratory.

Nathan2016:

That’s why they say leave your hut but you no gree commot. Who told you there are no other tribes in the government house for SE. They need to announce it. I have seen an hausa man going for councillorship in the east. Is not a new thing.

You are not doing Igbos any favor. If your governor thinks the igbo man is the best suited for the job, then he can appoint him.
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by PlayerMeji: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2023
They are pained people... They don't know that politics is about building bridges.

They keep making hateful comments about people they need to befriend, then they come back to complain that the person does not love or respect them.

chamboi1:
they are even insulting me loving them.

Imagine what they do to our people.

https://www.nairaland.com/343405/yoruba-community-alleges-marginalisation-enugu
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Yet, your SE governors can not think of a Yoruba man as fit for the job.
Whatever you see a Hausa man doing or about to do in your region is what we have allowed in Yorubaland since immemorial.
I have lived in Enugu, Port Harcourt, I grew up in Warri, and I have stayed in Onitsha... I have traveled and transversed the hinterlands of Igboland.
So you are not talking to a kid...my mention of Warri is so that you know that the South-South and South East are my grounds...

So I know what I am talking about...

The notions you people pass around and gaslight gullible people are YORUBA are tribalistic and YORUBA PEOPLE DONT MIGRATE! are basically what I am against...

We are accommodating and migratory.

Thank you. We need to call them out. They make it feel like it's our fault no wanting to migrate when they are Big Tribalist.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by aariwa(m): 4:48am On Mar 16, 2023
chamboi1:
This is still THEM SAY story no conclusive evidence.
what other dem say you need? You see somebody come to your place empty handed with water proof bag and 100 naira and starts selling gala on road side with torn cloths and you laugh at him and he keeps saving and starving every day tills he saves more money to get a shop, then rent house, Marry, build his house have children while years is passing and you are getting older waiting on the dream of finding a job till you get to 55 and found out you have ended up in life a poor man and start blaming everybody

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by BOLATINUBU01: 5:19am On Mar 16, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Most of them don't just travel thats it!

Very lazy ass people

I can speak both Hausa and Yoruba fluently

I didn't learn it in my great grandads brown roofed house.

I'm not even igbo

But the number of Igbos speaking two or at least one other Nigerian languages is higher than every tribe

Then you expect them not to thrive?!

I hate Thier slanderous lies and blackmails against go getters like Igbo

Grown ass men crying all the time in nairaland

shut up, Yoruba travel more than the igbos, is just that we only travel to better place, and barren land like the yeast
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by adeleke691: 6:47am On Mar 16, 2023
Bro, ifeanyi on the street don't know constitution. When Bayo leaves Osun to Enugu no be constitution him go first think of. Please call a spade a spade and stop all these doublestandard.Bro, ifeanyi on the street don't know constitution. When Bayo leaves Osun to Enugu no be constitution him go first think of. Please call a spade a spade and stop all these doublestandard....
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:18am On Mar 16, 2023
aariwa:
what other dem say you need? You see somebody come to your place empty handed with water proof bag and 100 naira and starts selling gala on road side with torn cloths and you laugh at him and he keeps saving and starving every day tills he saves more money to get a shop, then rent house, Marry, build his house have children while years is passing and you are getting older waiting on the dream of finding a job till you get to 55 and found out you have ended up in life a poor man and start blaming everybody
a Yoruba Man, like it's a GOLD story. Anambra is supposedly the lagos of Igboland. All these are still story based on relocation.

Do you know Oyo , Ondo and Ogun has Igbos in Government Cabinet.

Do you know all Yoruba land has Ndigbo EZE OR Ashiwaju
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2023
Let us be Honest, THE PERCENTAGE OF YORUBA BOYS MARRIED IGBO GIRLS IS MORE THAN THE IGBO BOYS MARRIED TO YORUBA GIRLS.
AND

THE YORUBA GIRLS MARRIED TO IGBO BOYS ARE MORE THAN THE IGBO GIRLS MARRIED TO YORUBA BOYS.

EVEN WHEN YOU TAKE AWAY THE YORUBAS FROM LAGOS AWAY AND USE THE REST OF YORUBA STATES. IT IS STILL MORE.

IGBOS ARE ARROGANT TRIBAL BIGOTS FINISH!!!!!

FACTS!!!!
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by raskymonojendor: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2023
Nathan2016:

Well the double standard started when Tinubu from Osun State govern lagos but GRV from Lagos state is being questioned and accused of being an OMale. The double standard is you guys. I mean Osun governor mother is Igbo and Ondo governor wife is igbo but hey GRV is not yoruba becos of the same instances.

Una be the double standard. Shalom. Reasoning with your guys is a waste of my time sha. Make I go make my money. đź‘‹
Again:

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by raskymonojendor: 7:24am On Mar 16, 2023
Nice thread OP.

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Nice thread OP.
Thanks Boss. I didn't know Seyi Makinde Oyo state Governor has Three Igbos in his Cabinet.
Akeredolu has one igbos lady in his Cabinet too. I am not sure but there are rumours Adeleke Osun states and Ogun state too.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2023
We Yoruba has been more than welcome and also inclusive but Na shit we get for return.

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by raskymonojendor: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2023
chamboi1:
To imagine that in 2023 no igbo Woke person can come up with anything next to common sense.
Your thread was created out of good faith to display the accommodating nature of the Yorubas, and they still insulted you on top. Funny eh
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2023
Ok, Igbos should tell us at least Two Prominent Igbo Leaders with Yoruba Wife. Just two

I can bet the answer is Zero.
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:32am On Mar 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Your thread was created out of good faith to display the accommodating nature of the Yorubas, and they still insulted you on top. Funny eh
I swear and I won't keep quite and we should not. We have to remain vocal

1 Like

Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by reddingtonblack: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2023
Nathan2016:

The biggest problem with these kind of yorubas is that they don’t go out or leave their huts.

Their world revolve around their state of origin. That’s why lagos is like a paradise and always feel threatened if called a no man’s land.

That’s Why they believe Igbos don’t sell their land to outsiders. I mean who still believe that in 2023. But hey, I can’t take people out of their ignorance.

All these citation don't hold water beside the reality, We have co-existed for a long time and i do tell people, yorubas are the bolt & nuts holding Nigeria

We live in a global world i don't have to be ib every part of the east to have an overview of whats happening, few reports here & there is enough for my hypothesis to draw up a conclusion.
what i am trying to say is, why not show us reports and evidences of things igbo government have done for visitors in the East, lets have a counter thread that is how to re sensitize people
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by system21: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2023
I just dey pity all this lazy Yorubas if you like don't go and hustle stay in your hurt and be creating threads up and down, there will come a time when you and your generation can not afford to rent a room in lagos from a serious Yoruba and Igbo landlords by then you will understand that the owner of the land are not the people who meet it first but those who invested on it
Re: The Accommodating Yoruba. by chamboi1: 7:42am On Mar 16, 2023
reddingtonblack:

All these citation don't hold water beside the reality, We have co-existed for a long time and i do tell people, yorubas are the bolt & nuts holding Nigeria

We live in a global world i don't have to be ib every part of the east to have an overview of whats happening, few reports here & there is enough for my hypothesis to draw up a conclusion.
what am i try to saying, why not show us reports and evidences of things igbo government have done for visitors in the East, lets have a counter thread that is how to re sensitize people
They don't have any evidence then they will start fighting. I am very amazing with these chestbeater. Them ask you simple question, you are busying beating your chest .

They should simply show us evidence and we will agree it's our fault and we need to migrate to the east more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Vote In Labour Party But If They Mess Up Lagosians Will Send Them Packin / Obi Detention In UK And Igbos Impersonation Online / President Tinubu And CBN Governor, Please Leave Diasporans Remittances Alone!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.