Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,126 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

'The God Of Dollars Is My God' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' (4877 Views)

Is The God Of Israel God Of ALL? / Where Is My God-given Husband? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by qblaze(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2007
I was driving around Isolo today when I saw a poster that read "The God of Dollars is my God." The pastor looked weird and his name was strange- Rev Sign Fireman. Isn't the prosperity trend getting bizarre?
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by ibkn(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
i go worship am ohohohoh
god of dollar
na my papa oh.
ps dont go another Rev King in the making,
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by rperez(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2007
the God of dollars is my own God too. It is the same sky above naija that is above yankee.U're free to choose your own God. capish
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by fuzek: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2007
qblaze:

"The God of Dollars is my God."

shocked grin This is highly ridiculous. . .His 'dollar' god must really be a very very small god. D GOD i know is d 1 that gives power to make WEALTH wink grin

This is d kind of thing that makes 'people' talk rubbish of God and xtianity. angry sad

Work out your own Salvation with fear and wit trembling cool

And this is not prosperity cos it's only money, God is more than just money. undecided
Salvation is a total package
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by cutebabe: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ignorance and Deciet knows no bound among this fake prophets.

Why did the Idiot prophet use God of Pounds (at least £ is stronger).

And I am sure he will get followers (hunger and poverty no good o)
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by rperez(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2007
look Mr.Fuzek. the spirit of the lord is all over the world now. If any xtian does not know the difference b/w salvation and God's plan for man he/she is late. God will not bless you beyond ur desire. Is the God of America, the free-est country in the world a small God? The Lord said to occupy till he comes, so if you are saved and want to remain baba alaye on ur street that is your cup.,sorry jug of tea. God bless America.If not for that blessed country tht has IN GOD WE TRUST on its currency would u be chattin this chat online? Man wake up and exhibit your God given potentials on earth. Who ever that pastor is he says he likes America and what God has made of that nation and its economy ,what is that to you?
he is not begging you to go to his church if you want to challenge his xtianity go and find out why he made such a statement.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by spora(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2007
Abeg leave am alone. At least the man is being open.

How many of us in Nigeria are going to church just because WE LOVE GOD? More than 95% of "christians" in Nigeria are not christian. We go to church so that GOD CAN BLESS US. And if God blesses you with dollar, you go reject am?
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by osisi5: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2007
spora:

Abeg leave am alone. At least the man is being open.

How many of us in Nigeria are going to church just because WE LOVE GOD? More than 95% of "christians" in Nigeria are not christian. We go to church so that GOD CAN BLESS US. And if God blesses you with dollar, you go reject am?

biko speak for yourself @spora.
We don't all worship for the same motive as you do?

and how in the world did you arrive at your statistics of 95%
soon a muslim on the religious thread will quote that one to me.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by fuzek: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2007
Rperez, if u read my post verywell, i didn't condemn him. . .I emphasized on wealth in general which covers riches and i said about salvation.

Come to think of it, Salvation is wat is actually to be preached and not money. Salvation is a complete/total package and don't get things wrong 4 urself.

Xtianity back home is becoming something else and even unbelievers are beginning to even doubt dis 'xtian God' undecided y? cos of our ignorance. . .even the bible says the children of this world in their generation are wiser than the children of light. Is money everthing? Let him preach prosperity, i agree. . .if that was a crusade, we'l say maybe.

Is not the same bible that says. .be as gentle as d dove but as smart as d serpent? My dear, wisdom is applicable to direct.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by saucekid(m): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2007
only God knows what this country is turning into, why did the guy only has to emphasize on dollar?aren't there any other currencies he should have used,even the Naira?
Way i see it, it poses to be a money making venture in the guise of christianity
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by jimsawyer(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2007
Hi, I am presently not in Nigeria.Please if anyone can send me a picture of the poster by email or further details of the Pastor/Church-I will be glad to pay the person an agreed fee.My email is jimsawyer904@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by fuzek: 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2007
@rperez again? Exactly 4 wat purpose did Seun put dis on the frontpage tongue Are there not other Interesting and probably more emergent topics than this undecided Don't be deceived, it's becoming like a biz and a desperate 1 @dat.

Dis isn't the main essence of Xtianity. . .it's more than money wink grin
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by saucekid(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ fuzek,
i couldn't have said it more,
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by UNLEASHED(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2007
Wonders will never end!!!
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by Configur(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2007
to each his own !!
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by kuwena(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ah. God of dollar? Certainly my God, too! wink
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by omoge(f): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2007
dollars talk in nigeria now why won't he say something like that as his theme. some office holders are being paid in dollars so i heard. WU offices and banks fill up with people who want to collect money sent to them from pound and dollar land.

so the pastor sure knows what he is talking about. maybe he is indirectly teasing people who love dollars more than naira  grin. them boku  grin
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by Egavlas(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2007
rev fireman? I just cant find a reason to rationalise why people go to "Churches" where the pastor goes by such a name. The name is definitely a fabricated by him to make himself popular
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by omoge(f): 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2007
maybe to attract pple to his church. you know Nigerians love DOLLARS grin
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by cgift(m): 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
Is he a nigerian for starters?
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by WarfyBoy(m): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
i tink thats the only way he can gather crowd, im get smll sense sha, im kno wetin nigerians want n im kno say alarm dey well well, if im mention Dollars guys go must fall in, but i tnk God for pipo like most of us here, dollars no b problem. lol, u kno wht i mean

IF THE PASTOR PIUT FOR THE BILL BOARD "SHOWERS OF ANNOINTING" nobody go gree go now

ahhh nigerians
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by lawuyi(m): 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2007
I don't want to pass judgement on the Pastor cos one can't really say what the motive behind such a statement is. Although his name is definitely interesting and makes one pause for thought. However, Christians nowadays- especially pastors and others called to leadership- need to be very careful about the statements we make. We need to understand that though all things on the earth are under our dominion and we are to occupy till, Christ returns, we are not here simply to be rich.
As the Bible says, we are the salt of the earth and all nations should be blessed through us. However, we should keep in mind that we have a higher calling. To serve and love our God and our fellow man. Our primary reason for life isn't to just make money but to spread the good news and work the precepts of Christ till he comes back.

I would say my God is the God of all things good, worthy and noble.
Trust me people, all the dollarss in the world are worthless if you then die pointlessly.
It would be a good idea to consider making him your God today.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by pilgrim1(f): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2007
The pastor in question understands the mindset of the majority. grin
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by MP007(m): 3:34am On Sep 01, 2007
some people are just stupid with passion, what da f? God of dollar is ur God? thats ridiculous, what an idiot, God is way too powerful and mighty to be tagged with the dollar sign , fools!!!
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by tundewoods(m): 5:03am On Sep 01, 2007
I will not comment niether will i judge.But my own God is much bigger that being labeled a GOD of Dollars.

My God is the "I am that I am"
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by Echidime(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2007
My own GOD is the Alfa and the Omega,the Beginning and the End,the A-Z,the O in every number,without the O every number is worthless like 123456789,but when you add O every number runs in thousands,millions,billions.

God of Dollar is a sign of the END TIME
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by KnowAll(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2007
[size=16pt]WHY NOT GOD OF NAIRA, at least if god blesses you in 10, 100, 1000s,1000000s of naira you are better than a lot of people that have a few dollars in their pocket. He should speak the people's language, the market woman does not no dollar but tell them multiple nairas dey rain for that church, it would have even a greater impact.[size=16pt][/size]
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by yeepa(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2007
Rev Sign Fireman is a very funny man. I use to see hom regularly when I was learning computer design at Orile Iganmu where he comes to design posters almost everytime for Crusades/Revivals.

He only studied the environment he is in and wants to cash in on what the public needs.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by enolase(m): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2007
GOD of DOLLARS!

This shows the extent of degeneration our generation has undergone, where God is now brought so low to just be a God of something that is a human creation: dollars.

Can dollars buy replacements for failed kidneys?

Can dollars cure the dreaded HIV?

Can dollars give peace of mind?

Can dollars arrest situations where it is obvious that nothing human can solve?

The power that is inherent in the name of Jesus is way beyond just dollars.

That pastor should be careful lest God decides to visit him with his due reward.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by oluhai: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2007
I APPRECIATE THE GUY WHO POSTED THIS TOPIC. WE NEED THINGS LIKE THIS TO BE ADDRESSED BECAUSE OF OTHER THIEVES WARMING UP TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOD'S SHEEP .BECAUSE THIS IS HOW WE WILL POST THEIR NAMES. DONT MIND THAT GUY HE HAS BEEN TRYING ALL MANNER OF CAPTIONS JUST TO GBA PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF GOD. MAYBE INDIRECTLY IS TALKING ABOUT THE GOD OF MAMMON.AND YOU KNOW YOU CANT SERVE GOD AND MAMMON (MONEY) TOGETHER. MONEY IS GOOD, BUT DONT WORSHIP IT.
WELL,I THINK SIGN FIREMAN IS THE SIGN OF THE END TIME.
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by redsun(m): 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2007
The realistic god of mankind presently is money,all this war and turbulence going on right now is because people wants to make money,arms making and dealings is a multi trillion dollar business.A pastor wants to drive a limosine,politians wants to steal all the money,the bitches don't submit without it,the common man wants to survive,tell me,who is not after money?
Re: 'The God Of Dollars Is My God' by oge4real(f): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2007
I saw that man's poster the last time I visited Lagos.I thought the name was some kind of joke.He even claimed to raise the dead after 40 years of fasting and prayer. shocked

Now he is claiming dollars! When will our clergymen emphasize on salvation rather than this spiritual advertising?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Italo The Belligerent Catholic. Mary Wasnt No Dayum 'virgin'. Proof She Wasnt / What Does The Death Of Christ Mean To You? / Is It A Sin For A Born-again Christian To Watch Wrestling Show?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.