Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt (61849 Views)

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Atiku, Religious Factors Responsible For Voters Apathy In Kaduna – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by baralatie(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Slynation:
well, after this election, I really do hope most Igbos will finally come to conclusion that this one Nigeria scam slogan is only but a mirage...It doesn't exists, they should come back and build home, nobody will loot your shop if Mohammad is Insulted in far away Europe, nor burn down your means of livelihood just because they want to install one of their candidates...

How do you build in the east when and where ipob secession and destruction of life and properties is going on
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by yemi1504: 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
gidgiddy:
Im not surprised. Why vote when you know know your vote wont count?

The way Wike brazenly rigged Rivers State for APC has left a bitter taste in people's mouths

You can say that again!
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Okorietitus: 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Slynation:
well, after this election, I really do hope most Igbos will finally come to conclusion that this one Nigeria scam slogan is only but a mirage...It doesn't exists, they should come back and build home, nobody will loot your shop if Mohammad is Insulted in far away Europe, nor burn down your means of livelihood just because they want to install one of their candidates...

Let is tell ourselves the truth.
An Enugu man can't stroll into Anambra and say he has a preferred candidate that Anambra people must vote for. But you think you can try that nonsense in Lagos and now Rivers without consequences.

Northerners go to vote in the North during elections, it is only Igbos who drag voting rights in other people's land.

Until we Igbos learn to behave responsibly and in a civil matter, senseless behaviour will always be met with stiff resistance by the locals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Minime10(f): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Why should people go out again to vote, when INEC will rather select who they want, than to allow the will of the people to count?
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Omenlon: 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Why is that Northerners are not wailing over the presidential election except the people from the yeast. Are they the only ones who voted or have a candidate in the last election?

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Agunesinjaweola: 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Because Wike has driven out the remaining Ipob miscreants out of Port Harcourt but unfortunately they're in LAGOS supporting OBI.

Luckily, the South West has mobilise enough for today to ensure there's no Okoro solidarity for the bastards in LAGOS.

Remo is Right !
Cubana is Right !!
The King is Right !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by JOemmy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
Same thing here in warri people refused to come out due to their past experience last two weeks inec chairman should be blamed for this.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by CodeTemplar: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
gidgiddy:
Im not surprised. Why vote when you know know your vote wont count?

The way Wike brazenly rigged Rivers State for APC has left a bitter taste in people's mouths

People are waking up. A breakdown of past elections voter participation published shows a decline in involvement generally. More people are registering to be identified as a Nigerian and not to cast one yeye vote.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by sucre: 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
Same thing in Surulere Lagos, have passed 7 polling units before mine, all empty, I just voted and overheard the NYSc official telling the colleague that I'm the 78 voter out of 884 registered voters.. which way Naija
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

Obi sabi your own papa name?

No dey cry for here. You Obidients were garrulous and empty. Now una eyes dey clear.

Hope say you don chop?
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Doracity82(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

Wike don castrate Obidients, them don dey cry since morning.

If them born una well, put body for Rivers politics make you collect.
And who cares to go out and vote. Your life is still not better than them.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by hardbody: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:
Dr. Wike don cure the madness of Obidients

Be happy now and ALWAYS. When poverty and high handedness hits, it doesn't draw a distinction between you and Obidients. Hardship knows no boundaries.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Mpanyi: 12:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

Let is tell ourselves the truth.
An Enugu man can't stroll into Anambra and say he has a preferred candidate that Anambra people must vote for. But you think you can try that nonsense in Lagos and now Rivers without consequences.

Northerners go to vote in the North during elections, it is only Igbos who drag voting rights in other people's land.

Until we Igbos learn to behave responsibly and in a civil matter, senseless behaviour will always be met with stiff resistance by the locals.

Don't think you are Igbo or even a human being. In Onitsha an Hausa man has won councilorship. I think the same happened in Awka. Hausa competes in Anambra where they think they have advantage, especially in Awka. Nobody has ever stopped them. At least in Anambra. Why all this nonsense against Igbos even when they are not contesting in Lagos. A Yoruba woman won in FTC! Why all this hatred against Igbos? If you are truly an Igbo better hide your head in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by ishie148(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
It the chairman of rigging will still inflat the result. He presidency own he fit governor own. I nor call name be he no
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Fearyourcreator: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
factcheckmmm:
Voter apathy have reduced

We are still for those
Afonjas

Bastrrrrd

They want to rule different tribes by force ba..

But different tribes no fit choose governor for Lagos State abi

We de wait

Especially you and your fanatics

Dt oil dt keeps u and fanatics one,, we de wait
Oga no be only igbos dey Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Oluyombotv: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
What happened on Feb 25 has left serious and bad experience for people and people believe their vote will not count.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Mhudi: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
The fact that your candidate lost at the presidential election should not be a reason to lose confidence in the system and self disfranchised yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by CodeTemplar: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
sucre:
Same thing in Surulere Lagos, have passed 7 polling units before mine, all empty, I just voted and overheard the NYSc official telling the colleague that I'm the 78 voter out of 884 registered voters.. which way Naija
lol. Threat has yielded the desired effect rigger need to act. The rest is all about collusion with INEC staffs.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Okorietitus: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Doracity82:
And who cares to go out and vote. Your life is still not better than them.

You talk too much.
Put body if e sure for you.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Asine: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Same here , left the house around 11:30am and was shocked when I got to my unit also in PH , was really shocked that people didn't come out to vote . I cast my vote immediately and left.
I don't blame them though after the massive rigging of the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by izubext007: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Is a waste of time to vote
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Fearyourcreator: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
PerfectJUSTICE:
The matter tire everybody after all Wike done tell us say whether we like it or not PDP go still win. What do you expect us to do? Leave the comfort of our homes to come out and vote? One thing I am sure of is.. It will never be well with anyone that perpetuate evil in the land. It will never be well with those who rejoice at the sufferings of the poor and dejected. It will never be well with all those in INEC who because of a few naira want to help evil and WIcKEd politicians rig elections. It will never be well with any one who doesn't wish for a new Nigeria. May their family never eat the good of the land(if there's any still left)
Failure mentality... You don't stop if you want to win...
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by CodeTemplar: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Mhudi:
The fact that your candidate lost at the presidential election should not be a reason to lose confidence in the system and self disfranchised yourself.
it is o. Who will risk his life to cast a vote that will be overwritten.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Okorietitus: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
hardbody:

Be happy now and ALWAYS. When poverty and high handedness hits, it doesn't draw a distinction between you and Obidients. Hardship knows no boundaries.

You're expecting poverty and high handedness, I am not. What you expect, you will get.
The stupid fools calling yourselves Obidients, how many of them made it in Anambra under Ob?
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by factcheckmmm: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Oga no be only igbos dey Nigeria...

Ogbeni me sef no b Igbo

Now gdfuvk of
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by PerfectJUSTICE: 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Failure mentality... You don't stop if you want to win...

See what is happening currently in Lagos. How many more people should get injured or even killed before you stop. Ogbeni, it is better safe than...you can finish the rest. Nonsense!
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by meobizy(f): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
I only know one candidate contesting. Why bother myself when it’s a one horse race?
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by jerryforgood: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

You're expecting poverty and high handedness, I am not. What you expect, you will get.
The stupid fools calling yourselves Obidients, how many of them made it in Anambra under Ob?
Get lost.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Tee2027: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
peter0071:
INEC did the people bad... Besides, Wike and his criminal touts won't allow people to rest

You will only rest when LP and Obi are totally destroy but if you want to remain obi shit no rest for you all.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by chrisxxx(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
peter0071:
INEC did the people bad... Besides, Wike and his criminal touts won't allow people to rest
Una dey doubt us. We tell una say una no go see road come out.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Adorable24(m): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
Am not surprised at all considering the fact dat we are neglected nd ur votes don't count in dis country people have come to understand dat voting might just be a waste of time while at the end it is inec who actually decide nd not the people so i don't blame does who refused to come out today nd cast their vote enough is enough, am sorry to say but i don't believe anymore dat Nigeria will ever be better i think is better to work as hard as one can save enough leaves(money) nd just japa i think dat is the only solution any nigerian can give to his or her self at dis point in time ordered than having a mere fatancy that nigeria we one day be great dat is what i think nd my views nd i don't think anyone can change the narrative except probably if our so called politicians want to prove me wrong dis time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MURIC Says Kano Deaths Suggest Plot To Depopulate Muslims / SW Leaders Put Pressure On Osinbajo To Step Down For Tinubu / Dino Melaye: Police Releases Photos, Gives Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.