Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt (61850 Views)

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Atiku, Religious Factors Responsible For Voters Apathy In Kaduna – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Okorietitus: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
3nity7:
evil man. You deserved to be stoned to death. People didn't come out to vote for their preferred candidates instead of you to feel bad you are happy. May the evil you wish for Nigeria rest on you.

You are a cowardly loser and you will never amount to anything in your life.
You Labour Party animals were making noise, today you were nowhere to be found.
God will punish your entire lineage with failure and disappointment and you will always be in sorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by alibiz: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
[quote author=lightuplightup post=121835107]I was shocked, In my polling Unit at Woji Town Hall . OBio Akpor LGA , WARD 6 Unit 3. The turn out was Extremely low at about 9 am. At the same time on the 25th of February, Everywhere was blocked. It was Over Crowded. Turn out today is like 5% of February 25th .

I just voted , while going home , I observed it was same thing in d other polling Units in my Ward.

What do you expect when people vote and their vote did not count.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by peter0071(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Expired SIM u mean
chrisxxx:

I shouted SIm. PDP'.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Emilo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
baralatie:

No it does not show that
This shows r that people are just not inspired to vote for candidates that do not raise inspiration in them

You are the most foolish person in the world right now. See ur reason. God forbid.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by baralatie(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Emilo:

You are the most foolish person in the world right now. See ur reason. God forbid.
Were you inspired?
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by jamesbridget13(f): 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
Yes o when they didn't allow my vote count before why should I stress myself
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Slynation(m): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

Let is tell ourselves the truth.
An Enugu man can't stroll into Anambra and say he has a preferred candidate that Anambra people must vote for. But you think you can try that nonsense in Lagos and now Rivers without consequences.

Northerners go to vote in the North during elections, it is only Igbos who drag voting rights in other people's land.

Until we Igbos learn to behave responsibly and in a civil matter, senseless behaviour will always be met with stiff resistance by the locals.
well, I bet to disagree with you, everybody is expected to vote in his or her current location, but it's quite obvious tribalism is rooted deeply in the mindset of many, yet we travel outside Nigeria and be shouting racism, while we exhibit the same thing back at home which is the highest form of self deceits.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Slynation(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
baralatie:

How do you build in the east when and where ipob secession and destruction of life and properties is going on
The truth of the matter is that the issue of IPOB/ESN brouhaha is been overhyped and brown out of proportion. Those in the East obviously knew nothing serious is happening over here, the ESN/IPOB believed they have a score to settle with the security agency, most of them are aggrieved citizens seeking vengeance due to the prolonged incessants and unprovoked attack that has been melted on their loved ones by these security agencies in the past (Operation python Dance) will never be forgotten in a hurry, it was brutal. Note : this are the same sect of people innocently glamouring for a sovereign state due to marginalization of the Eastern territory. But rather than addressing the issue in a civilized manner, they were rounded up and killed like chickens. This is the main reason many in the East found it very difficult to openly criticize there activities, because they know there designated target
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by 3nity7: 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

You are a cowardly loser and you will never amount to anything in your life.
You Labour Party animals were making noise, today you were nowhere to be found.
God will punish your entire lineage with failure and disappointment and you will always be in sorrow.
the just and the righteous God whom I believe in and whom I serve that hates oppression injustice and wickedness, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel do unto you all you have written in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by olakan22: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
What's this song of 'INEC disappointed before, so people are discouraged' that everyone is singing. Do you people just give up when you face troubles? After all, it's not everytime that the people's will are subverted.
Sad as it is, last election wasn't unexpected. Turnout was about thirty percent.

People are generally apathetic to electoral process. It is unfortunate and disappointing. Perhaps education and enlightenment will cause improvements in subsequent election.

But pls, let's not give excuses for those who didn't vote especially where there are no threats to their lives and properties. They didn't do well at all!
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Sunrise258: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
factcheckmmm:
Voter apathy have reduced

We are still for those
Afonjas

Bastrrrrd

They want to rule different tribes by force ba..

But different tribes no fit choose governor for Lagos State abi

We de wait

Especially you and your fanatics

Dt oil dt keeps u and fanatics one,, we de wait

Unfortunately for you/SE, you can't brag with oil! Only SS can brag with oil and I'm glad Rivers people don't even want to hear anything Igbo. They constantly tell you guys to your face Rivers is Ikwerre & Ijaw land not part of Biafra. On oil, the oils found in Ondo state alone is more than that found in Imo & Abia combined. So where do you see oil you want to hold Tinubu govt hostage with? FYI, If you don't know, Tompolo, Ateke Tom & Asari Dokubo are all Batist! Do anyhow; see anyhow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Luchitec(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Seems like you are happy that people are disenchanted with the 2023 electoral process? Such apathy is really unfortunate, and would not help the country in anyway.
Okorietitus:
Dr. Wike don cure the madness of Obidients
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by factcheckmmm: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
Sunrise258:

Unfortunately for you/SE, you can't brag with oil! Only SS can brag with oil and I'm glad Rivers people don't even want to hear anything Igbo. They constantly tell you guys to your face Rivers is Ikwerre & Ijaw land not part of Biafra. On oil, the oils found in Ondo state alone is more than that found in Imo & Abia combined. So where do you see oil you want to hold Tinubu govt hostage with? FYI, If you don't know, Tompolo, Ateke Tom & Asari Dokubo are all Batist! Do anyhow; see anyhow!

Mugu
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by Biggeststar01: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:
Obidients make too much noise. Babies in politics.

LP has lost the element of surprise.

All these rubbish you're typing. Nothing wey you get oo
Re: Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt by naikeboy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
otokx:

What if things change this time? I have voted and my vote will count.
Demonic and thieving politicians won't let things change for good in Nigeria bro cos this system favours them

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals / SW Leaders Put Pressure On Osinbajo To Step Down For Tinubu / MURIC Says Kano Deaths Suggest Plot To Depopulate Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.