Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence (7288 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Obi has zero effect in Anambra and in LP. Ojukwu had to beg before he was voted in the second time. LP momentum na just children still angry with endsars. It has nothing to do with obi the politician.

Grand delusion...childish irritant... schizophrenic nincompoop...old fool
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Taba21: 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Please hush. What do you mean the SS is taking your rightful position. You are fanning flames of enmity. There is nothing like rightful position. Both south-south and south-east can prosper. What kind of trash talk is this?
The polarization between Igbos and Yorubas has always been, yet we still lived together. The only difference is that social media is broadcasting hitherto hidden tribalism.
Please there is nothing like rightful place. Who God has blessed, he has blessed.

When someone reasonable than you tells you the real truth about south south, you embellished it to suit your delusion.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Pascal9: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
dinachi:

You are cursed with foolishness. Obi rose like a man and made Igbos proud. Time for collecting crumbs is over cursed fool.

Other tribes can do whatever they like, but Obi has raised the Igbo question and brought it to the front burner. He was the best candidate but he was glossed over by idiots like you. Today, he has created a viable third force.which third force, labour party is dead, obi will decamp again as a political harlot he is

Obi has won the people.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Taba21: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

There are 3 major tribes in Nigeria. It's not hating, it is the truth. Politically igbos have retrogressed so much. SS has had the presidency before the igbos and is poised to do it again before the igbos.

The polarization obi is bringing now might end up in a civil war. The guy is a devil.

After Tinubu 8 years, after northern 8 years, watch out south south,is going again.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Taba21: 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
dinachi:

You are cursed with foolishness. Obi rose like a man and made Igbos proud. Time for collecting crumbs is over cursed fool.

Other tribes can do whatever they like, but Obi has raised the Igbo question and brought it to the front burner. He was the best candidate but he was glossed over by idiots like you. Today, he has created a viable third force.

Obi has won the people.

Through Ipob terrorists he won the south east people not Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Taba21: 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jnkay:
Tinubu is the worst thing that happened to the Yorubas. See how we Yorubas showed our true colors of tribalism and hatred. How would we feel if Igbos did these to us in Onitsha or Aba. I am really ashamed of the immaturity we Yorubas displayed in this Election. I thought we said we are more educated.

Imposter you're chinedu olule brothers
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by DrUche3(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
naijapips04:

There are 3 major tribes in Nigeria. It's not hating, it is the truth. Politically igbos have retrogressed so much. SS has had the presidency before the igbos and is poised to do it again before the igbos.

The polarization obi is bringing now might end up in a civil war. The guy is a devil.

I don't like social media insulta otherwise you would have received it in full dose now for saying this rubbish I just read above.
You're the devil not Obi! We love Obi till tomorrow. Get that right into your head.

If your pay masters hadn't rigged the election would you be spewing trash here??

The evil you people celebrate today will turn back against you all supporting it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by DrUche3(m): 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
Okoroawusa:

Nna, Ina egbu oge with these people. They don't understand. It's like the time of Nnamdi Kanu. Everyone is thinking and moving in one direction.
Peter Obi has taken Igbos several steps backwards. Infact I pity Anambra because APGA is dead. Soludo will find it hard working with these new Labour Party House Of Assembly members.
Now the only states Labour Party is likely to win are in the South East. Where will that take us politically as Igbos?

APC has been at the central with some PDP states doing fine. What's the fuss with LP or will they be denied their full allocation rights or even IGR?? This is Democracy, always have that at the back of your mind. Except you support god-fatherism as seem in some thug infused states.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
Biafrans
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EsomahJD: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

I live in the north.. Precisely in Adamawa state, Atiku's home state.

In 2019 when he picked Obi as his running mate, lots of his people refused to vote for him simply because he picked someone from SE..

Even if the SE votes for them in 20 election cycle, they won't vote the SE just once..
They hate Igbos politically to the core of their being..

If you knew all this, then why do you think Obi as a flag bearer will win the presidential election if the core North hates the Ibos politically and wouldn't vote them.?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EsomahJD: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

STFU, the Northern Muslim will never vote a SE as president..

You know nothing kid..

I have lived with them more than 30 years.

You just buttressed what the OP stressed.

Why then do y'all support Obi knowing this secret?

Yorubas told you to demand presidential ticket from The PDP being fully aware of the secret you just mentioned. You didn't think it through when an enemy suggests an opinion for you, now you're exposed politically.

That secret would have been hidden under PDP, until there's a paradigm shift .
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by EsomahJD: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Dolphinhit:

You don't need their vote. You need war

I don't think you belong here, if you can't successfully diagnose the root cause of your supposed political weederness . Left for some of you, you will make the same mistakes that others made that brought about this current situation.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2023
..... Hmm
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Konquest: 1:50pm On Jan 05
Shokoloko:

I didnt shift the goal post. I was very careful to explain early on in the debate what I considered Nollywood.

I will repeat there were not VHS systems or DVD machines in the 1960. Stage plays, Cinema production, theater, musicals could not have been the Nollywood that we see today.

Even the term "Nollywood" is a relatively new term and was first used in 2002.
Are you also going to tell me that the Yoruba tribe created Kannywood?
Bump.

Let me step into this convo. History is very important and it is because some of the younger generations of Ibos were NOT born or were just babies back in the late 1970s to the 1990s that these unpardonable distortions of historical FACTS about the entire Nigerian movie industry (celluloid movie industry and home video industry packaged on BETAMAX and VHS tapes) started taking place.

I'm an older man here who witnessed the popularity of Nigerian-produced Yoruba and English celluloid movies that got screened at the National Arts Theater and Nigerian cinemas in Lagos from the late 1960s to the early 1990s. I also witnessed the rise of BETAMAX video recorders in the early 1980s and later the VHS video recorders that families started purchasing for home entertainment, leading to the late 1980s rise of the Yoruba movie industry's home videos (packaged on VHS tapes from 1988 onwards). All these events were before the first ever 1992 Ibo home video production by Kenneth Nnebue. Kenneth himself said in a 1998 newspaper interview that he wanted to produce his first 1992 home video film in Yoruba language (because there was an already existing home video industry in Lagos that was started by the Yorubas), but later took the risk to do the home video in Ibo language and it was a success.

Further Reading:
https://www.modernghana.com/amp/nollywood/1368/yoruba-pioneered-films-in-nigeria.html

https://www.nairaland.com/7821571/how-yoruba-people-ingenuity-created#125513391

In that same 1998 ThisDay newspaper interview in my pocession, Kenneth Nnebue himself gave credit to the Yoruba VHS home videos/Yoruba movie industry already based in Lagos, and the Indian movie industry for inspiring him to go into the movie industry. In that interview, Kenneth Nnebue also said he worked with the Yoruba film producers who he understudied and he mentioned over 10 Yoruba language home videos (sub-titled in English) that he knew of from the 1980s to the early 1990s. So, it is very clear that the Yoruba folks started both the home video industry in 1988 and the celluloid film industry in the 1960s with films being shown at the cinemas, and with Lagos State being the headquarters of the Nigerian movie industry (or the so-called Nollywood) NOT Aba like you incorrectly stated in your past post. There are of course movie subgroups of the Nigerian movie industry such as the English, Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, Ibibio, etc. I prefer to use the term Nigerian movie industry NOT "Nollywood" because even the Indians feel highly insulted when the Indian movie industry is called "Bollywood" which is like calling them a Hollywood "wannabe" or Hollywood copycats in the Western mass media terminology.

Read here for the history of the Nigerian movie industry.
=> https://www.nairaland.com/7821571/how-yoruba-people-ingenuity-created#125513391

=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_film_era

The first film produced on video in Nigeria is 1988's Soso Meji, produced by Ade Ajiboye.
Subsequently, Alade Aromire produced Ekun (1989) on video.

=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_film_era

=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria

Etymology
The origin of the term "Nollywood" remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.[2][3] Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times.[4][5] The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words "Nigeria" and "Hollywood", the American major film hub.[6][7][8][9]
=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 1:30pm On Jan 08
naijapips04:
Peter Obi has single handedly pulled the Igbo nation decades back.

His singular irrational ambition has enthroned APC for at least the next 8 years if not 16. It has enthroned Muslim domination. Igbos have lost our at the center with no clear path of finding our way back.

Obi is the biggest loser in this election. Alex Otti in Abia state would have won even if he contested under Sowore's party. LP will only take Anambra state backwards. Soludo would be fighting more to stay then concentrate on working for the people. Obi is a dangerously ambitious he goat. There's greater polarization between Igbos and Yorubas. The worst since 1967.

It pains me because I'm igbo. No strong Igbo alliance in APC, PDP. The SS are taking our rightful position. The elections are over. We would go back to screaming marginalisation and Biafra while others reap from Nigeria.

Obi should never have happened and he should be taken down. His continued ambition is doing nothing but harm to the average igboman.
she dem go hear
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Ceenaija(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08
raskymonojendor:

Sebi Soludo talk am last year. But than man was insulted so much by the Obidients. Some even said he was jealous.

Ps: Obi had a divisive past. However, Nigerians have a short memory. With this your post, also expect to be insulted by your kith and kin.

Your write up is like an advise satan gave to Jesus after forty days fasting and prayer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by CockPit: 3:46pm On Jan 08
The only thing Obi did in the last election was to divide PDP votes and help Tinubu become president shikenna.

The last presidential election was between PDP and APC.
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 11:19am On Jan 10
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 10:22am On Jan 11
Very true
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by Fighttillvictory: 11:40am On Jan 11
So you wanted us to lick his ass to build our self politically, nah it only shows that it is BIAFRA or nothing
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 3:15pm On Jan 13
Re: Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence by lexylaw40: 4:31pm On Jan 13

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov Amaechi Doing Great Works In Rivers State / Kidnapped French Tourists Released In Nigeria / After Watching This Video, I Can Say Authoritatively, It's Over For Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.