Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,006 members, 7,817,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga (60508 Views)

Why Tinubu Asked Osinbajo To Leave Lagos Politics, Relocate To Ogun — Babaleye / Why I Will Interfere With Upcoming Bayelsa Elections - Goodluck Jonathan Vows / How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by webizone(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2023
SenatePresdo:
I will advice igbos to stop voting in Lagos, it's not worth it.

If it's not presidential election, just stay in your house.

So much for one Nigeria.

If Yorubas want their states to be a one party state without opposition to checkmate the ruling Party, leave it for them.
It's their choice.

Let's go back and hold our state Governors extremely accountable, develope the East more.
if we do it in the East, other states would want to follow suit.
That's if they would want to.

The thing is, Igbos are living in Lagos, doing their business and paying tax.

If they don't want Igbos in Lagos, there are two solutions.

1. Move for the establishment of sea ports, airports and embassies in the east, not blocking it when Igbos make a move for development.

2. Join in asking for a referendum so that people will know they are in different countries. Then they can have the power of immigration.

Anything other than these, they are just deceiving themselves. You can't expect an Igbo person trying to survive anywhere he can to stomach bad governance. Abi don't yorubas vote in the east?

4 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Everlastingson: 9:46am On Mar 19, 2023
haffaze777:
Hope they listen,moreover they won't even be able to interfere in our election process again because**************

Senseless animal.Sorry.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by haffaze777(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2023
OGIBRA:

No loud am, biko

Okay sir,what's coming is bigger than ********

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by 4gunners(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

You and that guy just dey mumu unasef with senseless tribal gbasgbos grin grin
For you to even think that Igbos vote can solely make anyone Governor in Lagos State is a total sign of either you don craze before,or you go soon comot clothe run mad enter market grin grin
Well meaning Lagosians from every region need this evil Apc Structure of thuggery and electoral criminality to fall, continue to do Igbo ahhh, Igbo yooo na your destiny sha grin grin
May the reign of whoever wins bring peace and prosperity to our beautiful Lagos State.
Eko lo kan.
Up Labour everywhere.
That’s the crux of the issue. The hegemony of Lagos APC will not be destroyed by ethnic driven movement. It will be organic. It’s a matter of time.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Flier: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Verysmart101:

Taaa,how did Igbos interfere in Lagos politics? By voting? Honestly the evil you sow today will out grow you tomorrow.Ask Atiku his plight today and you will understand better
Interfering in peaceful way would even have been better,but calling lagos a no mans land,calling your host all sorts of derogatory names,attacking anyone who is against your candidate,changing the whole thing to igbo vs yoruba
Obi campaigning/visiting only Igbo dominated areas and so on turned everything to Yoruba vs Igbo and i am happy they paid dearly for it
You should be ready to leave the house the moment you start disrespecting your landlord

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Everlastingson: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

Calling Lagos a no-mans land is disrespectful, bigoted and insensitive. It is clearly a statement of hate. We can all live peacefully with one another. However, we all need to be respectful of the plurality of Nigeria.

Lagos is still a no man's land.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by haffaze777(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Everlastingson:

My father is senseless animal

Blame your mother for marrying him.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by frankpro27(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Nayturalistic:
Ingbos are the reason why South Africans,Ghana are attacking Nigerians as they always lose their senses once given little chance. It has always been in their blood and they are still the one to turn the tables around on you and claim you’re tribalistic yet they are the one true genuine tribalistic tribe in this entity called Nigeria.

Very scary set of people. Little wonder Ahmadu Bello said they (the northerners) are not and will never be ‘alive to their (the ingbos) responsibilities’.. the whole world knows the Ingbos are the ones who would get to a place or a land and within a year try to take over that land.. or they get to a workplace and within months start scheming and plotting (at the detriment of their colleagues) to get to the very top, with their dubious, cunning and mischievous attitudes.. the day Lagos civil service as a case study, starts employing STRICTLY Yorubas to all the vital positions in government, then that’s when the Yorubas can truly and truly say that they own their lands again.

You all can go to north civil service and see if you find a single Ibo man there, this was the precedent set by Ahmadu Bello, Balewa and the likes. Cuz both men practically made sure they focused on their fellow Hausas first when it comes to employment and such. But come Alausa here and see things for urself.. and make I pray say Ogun no go kill whoever says Igbos are getting appointments in Sw civil services simply Becos they are ‘competent’.. cuz THAT would NOT be true!. We have countless and equally or even much more competent Yorubas who can fill these positions but nope,,, na them de waka for streets these days with nothing to do, while the Yeye Govt keeps bringing foreigners and aliens to be occupying all vital offices in its civil service. Yorubas brought whatever is going on today on themselves: simple as that.. if they had deployed the northern tactics Ahmadu Bello, Balewa and co used back then, I swear to who created me, the only Igbos that would be in Lagos today and be prospering would be the iPhone cord and charger sellers.. radarada set of people. You no want make dem tell u say here Nobi your land, but you de act exactly in the manner that requires you being told point blank what you are and what your history is and how much you need to go back to ur precious region and ‘develop’ it instead.

PS: No one stops you hateful beings from having your Biafla, Infact incase you never knew or observed enough, the Yorubas would be the most happiest if you folks got your republic and just left another man’s land and territory alone. Cuz we all know it’s Becos ur region is sort of fruitless and that’s why you all always feel the need to travel and switch up locations, which no one had a problem with, untill now that you fulls are projecting out ur real selves..

Ur just a lazy tribe. U can't compete with igbos in any aspect. Ur just a bunch of hateful nd jealous animals. U want to limit the potentials of the igbos to ur myopic reasoning nd developmental capacity. U all shud be ashamed of urself

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Orelafintun: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Even FCT is not Yoruba nor Igbo land. It is Hausa land. Gaskya ni. quote author=chokekachy post=121869212]Onanuga is the Director, Media and Publicity APC Presidential Campaign Council.

https://twitter.com/aonanuga1956/status/1637221887582388225?t=aiXoxBCAI6gJ_RiGk8slzw&s=19

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by azikiweironsi(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Igbos are peaceful by nature, they don't look for trouble, this no man's land slogan is from the Yorubas, probably from non Lagosians, igbos always respect their hosts, igbos are the only people that take another man's land as their own, develop, build and stay there, no other tribe in Nigeria does that, so framing igbos up on no man's land something is inhuman, no igbo man will call Lagos a no man's land, infact, Lagos is second home to many igbos

Very sensible man among the multitude.
God bless you for this, but it is everywhere in the media space where they claimed Lagos is no man's land. They are taking over Lagos!!! Who does that to his or her host and not feel the heat or threatening ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Fr33born(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands.... They will even Insult you

How will a Yoruba be elected in another state when they are not in that state? Will they elect a yoruba man in Enugu while he lives and works/does business in Ibadan?
And Please did an Igbo man contest for Governorship in a non Igbo state? Please I want to know.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by viodemus: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Because your party lost?

No, because the country is headed down where we can't turn back. So now, that some people are still sane, we can turn things around.

Left for me, I say let us start the war with the yoruba muslims. But bigger voices think differently, I see their views but I disagree with patience at this time.

I don't have a party, but I have a problem with the tribalist islamics.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Sheggy13(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands.... They will even Insult you

We Yorubas have to stop this nonsense once and for all, no thanks to idiots like the big lipped Macaroni who thinks he's doing a favour by forming woke. These are the same people that resisted a Catholic Bishop, Okpalaeke who's a fellow Igbo man from Anambra being made a Bishop in Imo. Civil servants from other South-East States were sacked from Abia civil service by then governor, Theodore Orji. They're the ones preaching to Yorubas about hate, ethnic division and bigotry. What impudence and temerity.

https://dailypost.ng/2017/07/02/okpaleke-cant-bishop-ahiara-thousands-imo-diocese-members-oppose-pope/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/imo-blasts-abia-govt-over-sack-of-non-indigenes/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ProphetM0hammad: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Kukutenla:

Funny enough Onanuga is from Ogun state

What's the distance from Lagos to ogun?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Joconceptbest4(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Nayturalistic:
Ingbos are the reason why South Africans,Ghana are attacking Nigerians as they always lose their senses once given little chance. It has always been in their blood and they are still the one to turn the tables around on you and claim you’re tribalistic yet they are the one true genuine tribalistic tribe in this entity called Nigeria.

Very scary set of people. Little wonder Ahmadu Bello said they (the northerners) are not and will never be ‘alive to their (the ingbos) responsibilities’.. the whole world knows the Ingbos are the ones who would get to a place or a land and within a year try to take over that land.. or they get to a workplace and within months start scheming and plotting (at the detriment of their colleagues) to get to the very top, with their dubious, cunning and mischievous attitudes.. the day Lagos civil service as a case study, starts employing STRICTLY Yorubas to all the vital positions in government, then that’s when the Yorubas can truly and truly say that they own their lands again.

You all can go to north civil service and see if you find a single Ibo man there, this was the precedent set by Ahmadu Bello, Balewa and the likes. Cuz both men practically made sure they focused on their fellow Hausas first when it comes to employment and such. But come Alausa here and see things for urself.. and make I pray say Ogun no go kill whoever says Igbos are getting appointments in Sw civil services simply Becos they are ‘competent’.. cuz THAT would NOT be true!. We have countless and equally or even much more competent Yorubas who can fill these positions but nope,,, na them de waka for streets these days with nothing to do, while the Yeye Govt keeps bringing foreigners and aliens to be occupying all vital offices in its civil service. Yorubas brought whatever is going on today on themselves: simple as that.. if they had deployed the northern tactics Ahmadu Bello, Balewa and co used back then, I swear to who created me, the only Igbos that would be in Lagos today and be prospering would be the iPhone cord and charger sellers.. radarada set of people. You no want make dem tell u say here Nobi your land, but you de act exactly in the manner that requires you being told point blank what you are and what your history is and how much you need to go back to ur precious region and ‘develop’ it instead.

PS: No one stops you hateful beings from having your Biafla, Infact incase you never knew or observed enough, the Yorubas would be the most happiest if you folks got your republic and just left another man’s land and territory alone. Cuz we all know it’s Becos ur region is sort of fruitless and that’s why you all always feel the need to travel and switch up locations, which no one had a problem with, untill now that you fulls are projecting out ur real selves..
this propaganda will only help divide this country and it's at 87% loading... CONTINUE
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Icarus99(f): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:
Gbam

We don't need the Co owner of Lagos state to interfere in the state politics affairs. After all, they were no where to be found when the state needed them most.

permission to steal this meme please
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by kayusely70(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2023
Nayturalistic:

You've spoken very well and reasonably too. Nothing more to add!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ShaqFu: 9:48am On Mar 19, 2023
Chai. Na WA oh
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Juoflife1(f): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2023
The way I defend this country Nigeria online ehh when the bashings start, anybody will think we are united here. I don't know how southern Nigeria will heal from what has happened just within a month. It's pathetic.
nairalee:
If given the opportunity, Nigerians would be worse than the white racists. Never will I take the black man serious anymore when they complain about racism or xenophobia in a foreign man's land.

At least the whites can claim superiority and protecting their own country as their reason for racism but what's your own damn reason for discriminating against your fellow black, innocent, struggling neighbour? SHAME
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2023
I honestly think that's just an excuse. It doesn't make sense. Igbos and other Nigerians have been making that provoking statement for years and no one has received this level of hate. This is an excuse for the crude behaviour exhibited by touts and supported directly and indirectly by the 'learned'.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by OmarBashir: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2023
That was possible because some Yorubas voted for Peter Obi too, which they all regretted.

Bobloco:
But an "Igbo man" defeated the all mighty Jagaban in the same Lagos State

Hmmmmmm!
The truth is, When I look at individuals like Bayo Onanuga, FFK, Dele Aleke, MC Oluomo, Festus Keyamo and realized that they are the mouth piece of Tinubu.... I weep for this country

It will only get worst

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by reservd(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2023
switlily25:

I’m from Rivers State and I totally agree with you!
We accommodated them and now,they are behaving like they own Rivers state…lmao!
I love what Wike is doing to them!
Smile, majority of these folks will take you as igbo whether you like it or not. Some of the non indigenes he said were working in Lagos Civil service, you think they are all igbos alone? When they see delta, edo, ph, bayelsa, all na igbos to them o, so it's better atimes to just keep quite with these ethnic issues
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by coputa(m): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2023
Igbo is Lagos, Lagos is Igbo.What i mean here is that if Igbo leave Lagos today,it's economy will collapse.Anywhere there's no Igbo man doing business just know that place is a barren land.
I am surprised when some supposedly elitist Yorubas will say Igbos should not have a say in the affairs and politics of Lagos State, a place they've lived in for decádes and have contributed economically, socially and politically.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by TheATM: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2023
haffaze777:
Hope they listen,moreover they won't even be able to interfere in our election process again because**************
we are going to teach them lesson.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Emergingnation(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
KEVIND:
Nnamdi Kanu was right after all. SMH
"There was a country "
Una eyes dong dey clear small small...... The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra remained the only hope for Ndigbo...🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
viodemus:

No, because the country is headed down where we can't turn back. So now, that some people are still sane, we can turn things around.

Left for me, I say let us start the war with the yoruba muslims. But bigger voices think differently, I see their views but I disagree with patience at this time.

No because your party lost.

If you wanted real change, you would have joined a party.yesterday and have been the change.

Nigeria is too freaking complex to divide.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Favourchris(f): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
doublewisdom:
Las las Yorubas are fighting a lost battle. Lagos is forever gone. The takeover is happening daily, little by little. As we speak, someone is selling his ancestral land to do owambe. The Yorubas are running scared already. Compare last election to this one and see the input by non Yorubas. Na small small something.

even their economy is gradually been lost daily.... see their biggest market, which is been taken by strangers daily... they are just fighting a lost battle...

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by prizeless(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
I hope he'll be able to defend this when the time comes
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Navalsadiq(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
Exactly you guys should loud it let them hear

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ogwumgbe: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
azikiweironsi:

Very sensible man among the multitude.
God bless you for this, but it is everywhere in the media space where they claimed Lagos is no man's land. They are taking over Lagos!!! Who does that to his or her host and not feel the heat or threatening ?

Not igbos, many people are fueling hate between igbos and yorubas mostly from the North that want the dichotomy for their political gains, study igbos very well, they never look for trouble until you push them to the wall, no igbo man will call Lagos a no man's land, from these days forward try to know the origin of those calling Lagos a no man's land before concluding that they are igbos
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by sirdick17: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
PHIPEX:
These APC people are so scared of Igbos. You are having a high BP to prove to your visitors that you own your house, something is definitely wrong with you whether you accept it or not. The supposed guest is sleeping soundly while you keep vigil and rant all through the night. Oga Landlord, do I have to tell you that you have lost relevance in your supposed house. Your guest never said he own the house yet you can't sleep

The constitution says anyone can vote in any state he resides, be ready to cry more because you can't change it.

Don't Cry when the Said landlord gv u quit notice blv it or not it is coming

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by haffaze777(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2023
TheATM:
we are going to teach them lesson.

Life time lesson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / People Waiting Infront Of Tinubu's House Ahead Of Tomorrow's Poll / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.