Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga (60536 Views)

Why Tinubu Asked Osinbajo To Leave Lagos Politics, Relocate To Ogun — Babaleye / Why I Will Interfere With Upcoming Bayelsa Elections - Goodluck Jonathan Vows / How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by alezzy13: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2023
A rather tactless one from Bayo, but you really can't fault him.

Am not from Lagos, but it is a fact the state is Yoruba owned. Case closed

It's highly provocative to call it no-mans land.

By all means, an Igbo man - or any tribe for that matter - can aspire to lead the state if he's able to garner the required votes and support; constitution allows it. But it shouldnt be done by whipping sentiments or making inflammatory statements

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by IntroTech: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2023
We, Igbo are too much.

Look how they are all against us.

For what?

Mad jealousy for Igbos everywhere.

Unfortunately for you guys, Igbos will only continue to rise.

Some idiots here are saying let an Yoruba person go and contest for governorship election in Imo.

My question is: how many Yoruba people are even in Imo state not to talk of start contesting elections.

You have to have a very influential power anywhere you are for you to start contesting in elections in that area.

This is what we Igbos have got!

Those of you celebrating that Igbo didn't get into power in Lagos are just fooling yourselves.

Have you forgotten that the real power will always be FINANCIAL power?

Igbo bu Igbo ekenekwaa m unu.

Igbo ga-adi.

Daalu nu.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Investorozay: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2023
seun your really fuelling Igbo hate on this forum - your really what they called you on twitter - A BOA Constrictor.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Tee2027: 9:51am On Mar 19, 2023
Yes let this election be the very last time any slowpoke invaders will interferes in Lagos election.

Let everyone of them go back to their villages and votes or accept not to vote at all.

Enough is enough. Obi has successfully pitched igbo against every other tribe in Nigeria thereby increasing the division the earlier the sane Igbo go for him, arrest him and chain him the better for the Igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Majesty7: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2023
DenreleDave:

If u want one Nigeria, let Igbo man Elect Yorubas in House of rep, senator and governorship in the east

Then we can Consider.....

Igbo man won't allow another tribe rule in their states but they want to rule in other lands.... They will even Insult you

Rule ke? That is a tall order. Let them first allow outsiders to operate freely. Do you know that you can't execute projects in the SE as a non-indigene without heavy levies and frequent disturbance? Try it and see first.

8 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by KEVIND: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2023
Emergingnation:
Una eyes dong dey clear small small...... The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra remained the only hope for Ndigbo...🤣🤣
I am not Igbo but i believe in the cause of the Igbos because they're my cousins.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by mariahAngel(f): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2023
dynicks:
Omo the level of politics and ethnic bigotry in Nigeria is on a high scale!....Ain't child's play!!

It is sickening, to say the least, and bound to get worse.
It'll be the downfall of Nigeria if nothing is done about it.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Favourchris(f): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2023
switlily25:

I’m from Rivers State and I totally agree with you!
We accommodated them and now,they are behaving like they own Rivers state…lmao!
I love what Wike is doing to them!

see u, u are not even smart... come to lagos.. u are igbo... once u are not hausa u are igbo...

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by tunjilana: 9:53am On Mar 19, 2023
Chrismania100:

Stop reasoning through your anus,,nobody has ever dragged Lagos as igbo land,what we drag is that you cannot be an Indigenes of Osun state claiming lagosian..Me,I am from.Rivers state I cannot come from Rivers State claiming Calabar becos Rivers is in South South.I only see hatred if yorubas over igbos,but covering it up with Lagos is no man's land sterotype delusion.
They are envy cos igbos did not support them.Is it only igbos that supported GRV? An Evil tribe always claiming useless accommodative syndrome .

You cant tell yorubas how to administer their land among themselves, we address existential threats as a whole. In 1840 when Fulanis attempted to go beyond Ilorin to takeover all of Yoruba land, the battle ground was Oshogbo but the soldiers that crushed the invasion were from all over yoruba land, with the leading generals from Ibadan.

We know quite well that slacking with Lagos politics will provide the template for Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti....So you cant teach a yoruba man in yoruba land, how to help his fellow yoruba indigenes of the land to retain control over his affairs. If Akwa-Ibom people attempt to take over the politics of Imo, will you tell other Igbos living in Imo state to fold their arms and watch, just because Imo isnt their state...does that even make sense to you....

All the Igbo dominated areas in Lagos, hardly produce non-igbos at grassroot level, aint there any yoruba or hausa or ijaw or calabar person in those areas that you can support? but you will always pick your own and want everyone else to support by fire by force...In this election, Jandor, Funso Doherty, are both good candidates on the ballot, wih richer experience than GRV but it is only GRV that you find worthy for your bloc votes cos he has an Igbo mother.

You will talk down on non-igbo candidates while making yours look like saint, simply cos some yoruba youths are too lazy to look deeply. Tinubu is a godfather, but Obi that brought Obiano(the MD of his bank and former employee with no political history) as successor b4 they fellout isnt a godfather? GRV that is clearly Bode George's boy, showing from how he attempted to impose him as Jandor's deputy to hos they displaced Awamaridi for him in LP, to how Bode George left his own PDP's candidate to be campaigning for GRV from another party....yet you dont see all of this...

In Enugu, you dont mind supporting Frank Nweke of APGA ahead of the LP candidate cos you know he is better but in south west you will scream LP from Top-bottom....Yorubas are very good in reading the room, we see where things are going even before it starts

[/quote]

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by ShaqFu: 9:53am On Mar 19, 2023
mariahAngel:

It is sickening, to say the least, and bound to get worse.
It'll be the downfall of Nigeria if nothing is done about it.
nothing will be done about it and it has always been like this, it didn't start today.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Zetty177x: 9:53am On Mar 19, 2023
We will start chasing Yorubas from Niger Delta.

Yorubas must go back to Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by blakkydikky(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2023
Scream:

If he posted this, he is stupid
if you posted this, you're the exact definition of stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by CeceNene(f): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Shut the Bleep up. Toothless bulldog. You nor fit do anything 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by PHIPEX(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
sirdick17:

Don't Cry when the Said landlord gv u quit notice blv it or not it is coming
Lose his best tenant because of inferiority complex? He will die as a poor landlord

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by neutralist: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Very myopic opinion. They will in future be vying for governorship position. That is what happens when they sustains the population they have in Lagos.

The only respite lies in them no longer being a nationality of Nigeria. They are beautiful bride as we speak, our democratic institutions will be better in future, where citizens can without any restraints participate in electoral process. They are in Lagos to plough and will definitely be part of its decision making, they have the numbers.

You may wish to live in denial of the above but it won’t be long to relive reality.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Jeferious: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
MasterShifu010:
Shey elections don finish , make everybody rest ..my own be say make cbn release money make my business boom mbok , besides all Nigerian politicians na business partners , why will I burn bridges cos of cynical politicians ….
My brother grin....wetin concern us and all the political brouhaha? When we no be politicians?

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by shaboti: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Yomit71:

It's all caused by Igbo, but when people react they call them tribalist.
shut your mouth! Own your dirty tribalism with your chest and stop lying through your teeth

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Collinsanele: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Neddstark:
The dominance instinct of the igbos should be limited to the South Eastern states. Because we sold land to you, doesn't mean you will try and use the democratic system to install a leader against the wish of the Yorubas.
As for GRV, your political career is dead unless you kneel and beg Tinubu and other Yoruba leaders for betraying your tribe.

Don't make Tinubu the god of lagosians.
Be free and have sense.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Gentew:

It is an Open secret, we know our thugs are nothing compare to IPOB and Unknown gunmen raping and killing your mothers and sisters in the east.
Since you know this, why do you still want to walk into the open door without seeing what lies beneath? The joke is on your cone head!

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Chrismania100:

Stop reasoning through your anus,,nobody has ever dragged Lagos as igbo land,what we drag is that you cannot be an Indigenes of Osun state claiming lagosian..Me,I am from.Rivers state I cannot come from Rivers State claiming Calabar becos Rivers is in South South.I only see hatred if yorubas over igbos,but covering it up with Lagos is no man's land sterotype delusion.
They are envy cos igbos did not support them.Is it only igbos that supported GRV? An Evil tribe always claiming useless accommodative syndrome

Bros it is that ports closeness to sea, most of Nigeria company including banks headquarters, huge industries, huge federal presence+ huge federal government attention, embassies, airports that is shacking them or getting into their heads making them swell with pride grin

Remove all these things, the state will just be ordinary.

Infact the expelling of highly skilled competitive talented individuals (that are not from Lagos) out of the state, alone will do the damage. grin
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by viodemus: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Kobonaire4:

No because your party lost.

If you wanted real change, you would have joined a party.yesterday and have been the change.

Nigeria is too freaking complex to divide.

No, Nigeria can't change. Too tribal and Islamic to change for the better.

what do you mean too complex to divide? when there are obviously stark differences.

Yorubas go their way, the north go their way, igbos go their way. Igbos take 5 SE states, there are indigenous igbos in Delta and Rivers, they remain there but also have automatic citizenship to the SE if they choose to. Igbos in Lagos and the north can come back to the SE.

Nothing complex about that. Other tribes can organize their structures peacefully. Nothing complex about that.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by 0monnak0da: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Kennydoc:

Oh well, I guess I used a wrong term. My apologies!
I meant Lagos is a conurbation.

Let me help you
I think you meant Cosmopolitan

Many visitors make a lot of wrong assumptions
Lagos is a state that contains a city also called Lagos
Just like Kano,Kaduna,Enugu,Bauchi,Sokoto etc
When you use the word LAGOS which of the two are you talking about
They are not the same.
Lagos state has rural areas with indigenes where people grow cassava,make garri,Go fishing and so on. Historically Epe and Ikorodu are 2 of the 5 divisions of Lagos state with nearly 60% of the land mass
It is Ijebu land .and not Metropolitan or Cosmopolitan
Lagos state has 5 administrative divisions
Lagos
Ikorodu
Ikeja
Badagry
Epe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Everlastingson: 9:56am On Mar 19, 2023
Sorry
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by mariahAngel(f): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
ShaqFu:
nothing will be done about it and it has always been like this, it didn't start today.

Never have I heard it to be this disgusting.
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Praktikals(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
loosecanon50:
People like this foolish bigoted man shouldn’t be allowed to use social media. Infact, Nigeria is too volatile to be an entity.

At this point, I dare say Nigeria can never be one. We’re just deceiving ourselves.
Will you vote for an Hausa man to be governor of your state?

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by SOSPITAS(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
But how did Igbo interfere in Lagos politics? Did dey contest any political position? I thought the only thing they did was to come out and vote which is there civic right or did I miss something?. Are we saying it's now a crime for someone to vote in there area of residence? Is it only the Igbos that voted against the ruling party in Lagos? I do not like the direction this is going, initially I thought it was the usual political banters that will disappear after election but boy was I wrong. We have seen this before, prior to 1967 the air around the country was thick with this kind of caustic sentiment that eventually led to the death of more than 3million Nigerians. Is history about to repeat itself or are men about to repeat history? This is dangerous, it should stop. Everyone who loves peace and prosperity should make the concious decision to desist for hateful statement that serves no purpose but temptation. Let everyone go about his business with decency and tranquility. Please let us do everything in our power to avoid conflict. Our common enemy should be bad government, the criminally minded and the intolerant.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by PHIPEX(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
tunjilana:

You cant tell yorubas how to administer their land among themselves, we address existential threats as a whole. In 1840 when Fulanis attempted to go beyond Ilorin to takeover all of Yoruba land, the battle ground was Oshogbo but the soldiers that crushed the invasion were from all over yoruba land, with the leading generals from Ibadan.

We know quite well that slacking with Lagos politics will provide the template for Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti....So you cant teach a yoruba man in yoruba land, how to help his fellow yoruba indigenes of the land to retain control over his affairs. If Akwa-Ibom people attempt to take over the politics of Imo, will you tell other Igbos living in Imo state to fold their arms and watch, just because Imo isnt their state...does that even make sense to you....

All the Igbo dominated areas in Lagos, hardly produce non-igbos at grassroot level, aint there any yoruba or hausa or ijaw or calabar person in those areas that you can support? but you will always pick your own and want everyone else to support by fire by force...In this election, Jandor, Funso Doherty, are both good candidates on the ballot, wih richer experience than GRV but it is only GRV that you find worthy for your bloc votes cos he has an Igbo mother.

You will talk down on non-igbo candidates while making yours look like saint, simply cos some yoruba youths are too lazy to look deeply. Tinubu is a godfather, but Obi that brought Obiano(the MD of his bank and former employee with no political history) as successor b4 they fellout isnt a godfather? GRV that is clearly Bode George's boy, showing from how he attempted to impose him as Jandor's deputy to hos they displaced Awamaridi for him in LP, to how Bode George left his own PDP's candidate to be campaigning for GRV from another party....yet you dont see all of this...

In Enugu, you dont mind supporting Frank Nweke of APGA ahead of the LP candidate cos you know he is better but in south west you will scream LP from Top-bottom....Yorubas are very good in reading the room, we see where things are going even before it starts

Keep lieing to yourself, who won in Amuwo Odofin and even Lekki axis?
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by webizone(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
lapintoz:
Life without criticism is not worth living. I love the way the Igbo community is criticizing our Political leaders in the South West.
But they should not stop in the southwest alone, they should use the same energy and zeal to install a good government in their region.
A Yoruba proverb says Charity begins at home.
The South-South and South-West States are far more developed and peaceful than the Eastern states.
We must not stay in other people's land and forget our home town.
Our prayer is to go back home one day and enjoy the fruit of our labor.
May Allah make our family house habitable and conducive for us to live after our retirement.
Amen.

Why are you talking as if you did not see the sweeping changes in the east?
Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Lionstep: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2023
Kimjongun:
Is there anything wrong with what he said?

Not really but you'll shout racist when you get stop by a white cop's outside Nigeria huh? The only remedy for a failed state like Nigeria is divide the country.

1 Like

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by SenatePresdo(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2023
webizone:

The thing is, Igbos are living in Lagos, doing their business and paying tax.

If they don't want Igbos in Lagos, there are two solutions.

1. Move for the establishment of sea ports, airports and embassies in the east, not blocking it when Igbos make a move for development.

2. Join in asking for a referendum so that people will know they are in different countries. Then they can have the power of immigration.

Anything other than these, they are just deceiving themselves. You can't expect an Igbo person trying to survive anywhere he can to stomach bad governance. Abi don't yorubas vote in the east?

You people don't seem to understand it.

When a bully is bullying you, they don't care if you are on your right or not, they bully you because they feel like they have the power to, and there is nothing you can do.

That's the case here.

What the Yorubas care about is there interest, they don't care about us.

It's better for Igbos to unite and pursue a goal at all cost, if it's developing the east, fine.

2 Likes

Re: Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 19, 2023
viodemus:

what do you mean too complex to divide? when there are obviously stark differences.

Yorubas go their way, the north go their way, igbos go their way. Igbos take 5 SE states, there are indigenous igbos in Delta and Rivers, they remain there but also have automatic citizenship to the SE if they choose to. Igbos in Lagos and the north can come back to the SE.

Nothing complex about that. Other tribes can organize their structures peacefully. Nothing complex about that.

Lol.

Nigeria is too complex to divide.

You big tribes will dominate and oppress us small tribes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

5 States Where The General Elections Might Be Tough / Bloody / 'Fulani Must Go': Edo Women Protest, Block Major Roads (Photos, Video) / Osinbajo After Reading Buhari's Letter - Reno Omokri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.