Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) (57243 Views)

Surulere Constituency 1: Desmond Elliot Celebrates As He Is Currently Leading / Gbajabiamila Wins Surulere 1 APC Ticket For Historic Sixth Term Unopposed / Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Confirmedzombie: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shame on Peter obi, igbos and Elu p. The yorubas have defeated the OSUs.

Igbos will weep and sorrow.

God bless my yoruba brothers

Yorubas are not chest beaters but talk and do.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by tolujohnso: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Is project responsibility of a law maker? Are you encouraging legislators to compromise? The best they can do is to ensure appropriation in the budget is fair to their constituency; in spite of his efforts majority votes matters. Whatever he has done is a personal project and should be appreciated as such. I agree there's always room for improvement.

optionalY09:
I won’t congratulate a none performing loose mouth. Elliot fix your character and serve the people of your constituent with what belong to them.

Next time i see buckets on the street as water project you will see the other side of Surulere people.

SERVE and stop the Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Basicend: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
The guy begged the entire Nigeria. . He was humble. . Eya. . I am happy for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Buikechukwu35(m): 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
N3TRAL:
Labour Party is the new APGA.

It's been permanently restricted to two South Eastern States.

But I give it to Obi. He's greater than Ojukwu. Only Azikiwe beats him in our political history.

A big congratulations to you Desmond 🏅
is obvious you can put 1+1 to give you 2, do you know what a leader is ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Dottormentor: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ka coolu fun eluup3e
Odewaleadesoye:

VANGUARD
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Nayturalistic: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

This one na to drop rubbish, crying like baby everywhere. Oya talk rigging make I woze ya mouth! 🤣

To all the online obidient that trolled, and promised to uproot him, feeling like kings. What happened? 🤣
Una no reach to vote am out abi wetin, I thought you people said he's going home, and that the actor Lp boy wey no dey contest is kicking him off. This election show say no be by to make noise online. The obidient online wailers are only mouthed online, offline na rats Dem be. No one should take them serious!

E don finally enter again despite the noise. I told you people from the beginning, na men dey run this game,if small pikin run am e go cast. Humble yourself as u Dey move ahead.
2seconds men Dey, Omoh dem go shake your leg!
No be by to siddon online dey cap fire!
🔥🤣

So you de smoke SM
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by optionalY09: 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
tolujohnso:
Is project responsibility of a law maker? Are you encouraging legislators to compromise? The best they can do is to ensure appropriation in the budget is fair to their constituency; in spite of his efforts majority votes matters. Whatever he has done is a personal project and should be appreciated as such. I agree there's always room for improvement.

But such personal project as bucket on the street is denigrating to our people i don’t like it. Personally i have paid for borehole in communities i haven’t been to before and they sent me picture of the gp tanks i paid them to buy in Oyo and Ogun respectfully. I don’t even have intention of becoming a politician
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Softmirror: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

This one na to drop rubbish, crying like baby everywhere. Oya talk rigging make I woze ya mouth! 🤣

To all the online obidient that trolled, and promised to uproot him, feeling like kings. What happened? 🤣
Una no reach to vote am out abi wetin, I thought you people said he's going home, and that the actor Lp boy wey no dey contest is kicking him off. This election show say no be by to make noise online. The obidient online wailers are only mouthed online, offline na rats Dem be. No one should take them serious!

E don finally enter again despite the noise. I told you people from the beginning, na men dey run this game,if small pikin run am e go cast. Humble yourself as u Dey move ahead.
2seconds men Dey, Omoh dem go shake your leg!
No be by to siddon online dey cap fire!
🔥🤣

THEY ARE ALL SMALL CHILDREN. grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by tabaralph: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:
He became very nervous before the election, I hope he has learnt his lesson

see this one, I pity you and your ilk for celebrating an election that was marred by violence, intimidation, victimisation and harrasment of some people.

I don't know why people will turn blind eye to evil and rejoice instead.

I know we don't have infallible electoral system anywhere on earth, but what happened during the presidential and governorship elections in Nigeria is shameful.

This is an assault on our democracy
Cry me a river

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Buikechukwu35(m): 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Shame on Peter obi, igbos and Elu p. The yorubas have defeated the OSUs.

Igbos will weep and sorrow.

God bless my yoruba brothers

Yorubas are not chest beaters but talk and do.

must you display your stupidity? If you know love igbos end your miserable live, stop bringing bad name to geniue Yoruba race
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by ivolt: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
erico2k2:

you that s educate mean to tell us that there is no constituency project commitment or expectations?
let me Educate you further
Simply put, Zonal Intervention Projects (ZIPs), also known as Constituency Projects (CPs), are projects that are conceptualised and executed on behalf of legislators in their respective constituencies by contractors. They are capital-intensive projects that are executed across Nigeria supposedly under the watch of the members of the two houses of the National Assembly.
QED.
You misunderstand constituency projects.
The federal government pay for and execute the project which are often limited in capital compare to executive
generated project.
The lawmakers role are advisory.

Right here we are discussing a state assembly member whose power is even more limited.
Whatever project he does is mainly from his personal funds.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by teepain: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
erico2k2:

you that s educate mean to tell us that there is no constituency project commitment or expectations?
let me Educate you further
Simply put, Zonal Intervention Projects (ZIPs), also known as Constituency Projects (CPs), are projects that are conceptualised and executed on behalf of legislators in their respective constituencies by contractors. They are capital-intensive projects that are executed across Nigeria supposedly under the watch of the members of the two houses of the National Assembly.
QED.

Bro this your post is relevant and applicable to only the federal law makers the senators and house of representatives members. Desmond Elliot is a state lawmaker and the state does not have such provision to the best of my knowledge. Although I agree with you that he isn't pulling his weight.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by MatrixCircle: 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
I went into a library in Birmingham UK, I saw some Parents with thier children at where kids books were. Those children were reading and some using the various computers to do thier school work.
Then when I came out I opened Facebook and Nairaland to see election update, what I saw on Facebook and Nairaland were some Nigerian children preaching and some other youths involved in thuggery and election violence.
That's the future we are building in the minds of Nigerians.
In the other hand that's the future Europeans are building for thier children "Reading , researching and innovation".
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by marca(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congrats bro... Remember that togetherness we're mighty
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Isabi4lov: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
Karlifate:

💯

One of the reasons why Portable was able to become popular & got several endorsements in the entertainment industry.
Yes o

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by ifihearam: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shame on obidients

though I wanted desmond out but you guys are just known for yapping..no action..imagine the landslide..again elections are not won on social media. dimwits

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Macmoni(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asour:

Online warriors?

You mean online warriors won Tinubu in Lagos?

Isn't that disgraceful?

Ogbeni obi won tinubu not you guys
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Christistruth00: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Congratulations Des, I believe that Obidient slaves have learned their lessons

Their hate has a way of Moving God Almighty to Favour their Opponents
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Sniper101(m): 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Obidients (Lagos branch) in the mud 🤦

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by shegz24(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
So Tari just wasted Tomato Ketchup on his face for nothing.

The werey wan use emotional blackmail win Surulere election.

grin grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by feedthenation(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
---Congrats Desmond---he should let his performance be top notch---because he is needed for HoR when Gbajabiamila retires from politics---
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
teepain:

Bro this your post is relevant and applicable to only the federal law makers the senators and house of representatives members. Desmond Elliot is a state lawmaker and the state does not have such provision to the best of my knowledge. Although I agree with you that he isn't pulling his weight.
Bro I cant copy and paste the whole epistle of the page i copied that from ? the state house are a duplicate of the federal houses, we have FG, and SG and LG.B4 certain projects are done, there must be a bill and it passed into law who does this in the state?
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Christistruth00:

Their hate has a way of Moving God Almighty to Favour their Opponents
God in politics? ahah Nigerians will not seize to maze me, The man is smiling to the bank and your situation remains same you are here congratulating him continue.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
ivolt:

You misunderstand constituency projects.
The federal government pay for and execute the project which are often limited in capital compare to executive
generated project.
The lawmakers role are advisory.

Right here we are discussing a state assembly member whose power is even more limited.
Whatever project he does is mainly from his personal funds.
let me ask you something about a state project ie if a state school of education is to be built, who prepares the bill and who passes it into law?
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Charly68: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
He should himself aligned with his constituency and not lose his cool again.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by chikason22(m): 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
N3TRAL:
Labour Party is the new APGA.

It's been permanently restricted to two South Eastern States.

But I give it to Obi. He's greater than Ojukwu. Only Azikiwe beats him in our political history.

A big congratulations to you Desmond 🏅
What you sow is what you shall reap. Karma is a bitch. Using thugs and cultists to intimate voter is not the end. Every sin had it's consequences.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Holaomoakin(m): 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Their business
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by ofuonyebi: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congrats Desmond....but this time around , remember not to short-change the people again ooo!!!
4-years just dey around the conner......

theres is always a double pay-day..
the positive and negative..

the people are waiting and watching ooo!!!
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Omodua(m): 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I didn't mention name but you know I was talking about GRV :0
OK.

Noted.
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by teepain: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
erico2k2:

Bro I cant copy and paste the whole epistle of the page i copied that from ? the state house are a duplicate of the federal houses, we have FG, and SG and LG.B4 certain projects are done, there must be a bill and it passed into law who does this in the state?

Of course the law makers legislate and that was why I said I agree with you that he isn't pulling his weight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike To Demolish AIT/Raypower Building In Rivers, Issues Quit Notice - PHOTO / These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless / Yusuf Datti Storms Sokoto (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.