Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV (83815 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Jim Iyke Reacts To His Alleged Conversion To Muslim (video) / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by akin9ja78(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
The Igbo people and witchcraft Sha, if you nor like the oba comment go huge transformer, I think the Igbo people are being too much of entitle to things, I mean nobody cares what you do in your east. But this our zone only you decided yours.

NwekeUG:
Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Comment Oba of Lagos Made About Gbadebo

Popular Nigerian actor, Jim Iyke has shared his thoughts about the comment the Oba of Lagos made about Labour Party governorship candidate in the state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour ahead of the election and reports surrounding the election, IGBERETV reports.

The Oba of Lagos was quoted saying that incumbent Governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu will win even though Gbadebo's future is bright.

Reacting to this, Jim Iyke asked his followers what “democracy” means. He also disclosed that a wise man made him take choice of dual and even multiple citizenship seriously and he's glad he listened.

He wrote on his Instagram handle;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp8NSlHLoXf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by maursatt: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Virtually every reasonable person who is defenseless is fed up with Nigeria. I have always said that the best decision that I have ever taken in my life is leaving Nigeria.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by osewanu(m): 3:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
incandescentena:
I blame that selfish currupt Awolowo who walked through prison after he was found guity of using Government money, six million pounds to sponsor a political party and i certainly blame him, Awolowo for introducing Tribalism into Nigerian politics.

#Bittersourtruth

See your life? Now id!ots will quote me & type rubbish from the comfort of their momma's single room.

On the contrary.

Nnamei Azikiwe introduced the concept of tribalism into Nigeria. He destroyed the pan Nigerian group the Nigerian Youth Movement with his divisive tribalism.
He was so keen on presenting the Igbo as some sort of master race, he went into alliance with the north and laid the foundation for all the current afflictions in Nigeria today.

Aguiyi Ironsi also introduced the current unitary system of governance in place today.

Please remove Awolowo from your mouth and study history properly before saying what you don’t know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Freebills12: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Namigotalktru:

Tinubu is an elder statesman. He was received as such.

This boy we never heard of until una carry am for head. Oba advised him the way he would a son. There was zero chance of him going anywhere in this election.

He should have even started with local government chairman first. He encouraged him not to give up. Did you want him to lie to him?

Then you truly don’t know this Oba. Even Tinubu he will tell the truth and that one will not take offence. He was a senior policeman before becoming Oba he is not a nobody that was crowned with no achievements.

Make una rest go and worry about your own states so at least maybe una for build Dubai for house by Xmas make we come chop.

Tinibu did what? Say what you are sure of, do you know how many media houses that follow them during campaign?
In so far as Nigeria exist as a nation the Igbos will always have a say in Lagos politics. The only solution is to open the existing sea ports in the East... Of which no Yuroba president will do that because once that is done the Igbos will go. Do you actually think Sanwolu wants the Igbos to leave Lagos? If you think so then you are still growing up. Search you will see Tinibu on tape telling people that Obi's presidency is sea port at Onitsha and Portharcourt, and they its implication on Lagos state.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by TechguyBlog: 3:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Zonefree:

Shouldn't Oba encourage democracy?

How did he discourage democracy? Did he stop GRV from contesting? In the constitution it was only stated that you have freedom to contest not that people in that region must vote for you by force.... Let's stop this wailing abeg... It is his 1st time... Is it really that easy to win elections as a first timer? Come and ask Seyi Makinde(Yoruba man in sw o).... Not to talk of contesting against a performing incumbent governor... Remove tribalism GRV had no chance against sanwo Olu in terms of achievement and experience in politics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by 0monnak0da: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asour:

None.

But you know it isn't right.

It's also not written in the constitution to go to school too but I know it's the right thing to do.

If you think it's right for an Oba to be partisan (irrespective of who he supports)then fine.

Who are. You to tell me what I know?
I arrive at knowing from a position of not knowing by THINKING and cognitive interrogation
Not emotion or sentiment
There is nothing wrong in aspiring for that BY CONSENSUS not by arrogating exalted insight or knowledge to yourself
If that is what we want as a people, fine! But I do not recall such an agreement

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by lhurd: 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
But seriously, this is democracy right? As you have a right to chose whom you want, others have the same equal right. Yes LP was cheated, we know but insulting someone for their own right to chose whom they feel is right for them. Common that is not really cool I guess.
incandescentena:
I blame that selfish currupt Awolowo who walked through prison after he was found guity of using Government money, six million pounds to sponsor a political party and i certainly blame him, Awolowo for introducing Tribalism into Nigerian politics.

#Bittersourtruth

See your life? Now id!ots will quote me & type rubbish from the comfort of their momma's single room.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by olab059(m): 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
jumper524:
remind me of your reaction when ohaneze and anifere endorsed Peter Obi.

Nice one. They become blind when it is them doing it, but form victim when it is done to them

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
Do not expect to be respected by a group of pigs that do not respect themselves.

Do not expect a group of pigs that don’t love themselves to show you love.

There is no place the pigs go that they do not leave permanent horrible stains behind…NOBODY WANTS THEM AROUND.

Your are better off keeping them caged in the yeast..let them continue to have fun killing themselves like flies….Ingrate pigs!
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Dedeity: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:
Comot popular from Jim Iyke's name

Popular na I get am before wey no be property
Ode
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Cynergy: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
jaymichael:
Desmond Elliot mom too is Igbo. We accept him because he is omoluabi. Desmond too no too sabi speak Yoruba like that but we accept him because be never disrespect his father's people or insult the land. He is well intergrated and he is omoluabi.
If Gbadebo is rejected, he is not. Intergrated enough and the people don't consider him omoluabi enough.

You are joking lolz!... Who told you Desmond can not speak Yoruba well? Desmond na confirmed IBILE surulere boy. I have had closed contact with him , you can never know he is not 100% Yoruba guy. Each time he comes around to his constituency in Surulere, you will always see him discussing with the people in the street in a very clear and fluent Yoruba Language. Come to Shitta/Akerele axis you can be lucky to jam Desmond with the locals speaking 100% Yoruba freely with ease.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Dedeity: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bornbiafra:
Coming from a man with spiritual wife
Foolish talk
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Samfloxin(m): 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Blame your fellow igbos for claiming "Lagos is no man land"

Yesterday, was to put you Igbo in place in Lagos. You should stop interfering in our local politics, do your business and go.

Yesterday, is just the beginning, more is still coming
Yorubas can never defeat Igbos in war even a hundred times...try that rubbish after election and see for yourself. I blame my brothers who live in your cursed land.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by asanausana91: 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
helinues:
Comot popular from Jim Iyke's name

Popular na I get am before wey no be property
jim iyke is more popular than your whole family
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by GeneralPulal: 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
inoki247:

Find another thing talk abg can you bring this type of Character to Ibadan and vote him don't lie the GRV guy said Alot of jargons against the people he wants to rule and you expect people to be happy with him....

Even when Ajumobi started saying he was a constituted authority to the people he was rulling did people not start hating him with all the work Ajumobi did in Oyo he made his party loose through is jargons talk.....

If any tribe try to claim Oyo nd chestbeat Abt it Oyo people won't sleep and fold dere hands or see someone who talk jargons online and see is anti Oyo people with his speech...

Did you see anyone doing this type of jargons to Adeleke as him Mama no be Yoruba....
The guy you’re quoting is Igbo..
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by johnfem321: 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
We don’t have problem with south south.. and no tribe in Nigeria is as accommodating as Yoruba people…you don’t need to tell us how everyone will leave the southwest.. we will control the influx ourself… thousand of people come in from all part of Nigeria, Africa and other part of the worlds to southwest and they do their business and enjoy their freedom.. but if some igbos have enjoyed to much freedom upto the extent their stomach have become swollen to be saying Lagos is no man’s land and they want to install their own candidate.. the their stomach size needs to be reduced.. the lazy fuckers want to safe Lagos .. they don’t care about saving anammbra, Abai and imo.. but they want to see the richest state in Nigeria with gdp of 140billion dollars…

You lots are something else

ZombieSlayer1:

You and the imbeciles who liked your post are bastards.
I don't blame y'all shaa, I blame my brothers who chose to settle in your region. What I know is that this election and the tribalistic rantings of your people have opened the eyes of my people who reside in your region and in the next few years, you people will see the effects. Even the South Southerners weren't left out from your rubbish.
Check even in your Lagos, the slums and worse parts of town are inhabited mostly by yorubas and that shows how low your standards are
Very soon everyone will leave the south west for only you guys, that'll be my greatest joy
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Instead of dying to stay in Lagos, why not return to your various desperate villages to make things better there…??

I can assure you that this election has changed things…the pigs will continue to struggle till the end of time.

Hausas don’t want you
Fulanis hate you more that a fresh shiit
Your igbos brothers also hate you
Now, the Yorubas (the only group that tolerated you for years) don’t want you around.

The pigs will never be anything in Nigeria..They struggle till the end of time.
Unwanted Ingrate pigs!
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Omolomo4eva(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:
Too bad, a first class traditional ruler shouldn't be making such comments

Oba of Lagos should be father to all lagosians and be neutral

Point of correction, he's not a first class monarch. Don't be disappointed bro,he might even be the Secretary of APC. Awon oniranu,onijekuje,atenu obas
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by femijay8271(m): 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
wanimo:
Yorubas living outside the south west must relocate back to their state of origin.

Since the Yorubas have displayed so much hate towards non indigenes and used every instrument of fiat including state sponsored to disenfranchise non indigenes and stop them from voting candidates of their choice, every Yoruba person living outside Yoruba land must as a matter of urgency relocate back to the south west.

If they can't allow non indigenes to reside freely in their region, they have no justification to be allowed to reside anywhere outside the south west. They deserve a good dose of their own medicine.

All Yorubas living outside the south west must relocate to their state of origin

And who did you think this is gonna pay most?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by leisuretym: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
abandon your regions for gunmen, run to Lagos to be governor, werey somebody

poto poto gully erosion women are pretty, we like them , nothing more
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:

Look who is talking…you need to first Return back to the dirty yeast and preach to your uncivilized brothers that kill themselves like flies before teaching anyone how to be the father of anything.

Omo were!!
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Asour: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
0monnak0da:

Who are. You to tell me what I know?
I arrive at knowing from a position of not knowing by THINKING and cognitive interrogation
Not emotion or sentiment
There is nothing wrong in aspiring for that BY CONSENSUS not by arrogating exalted insight or knowledge to yourself
If that is what we want as a people, fine! But I do not recall such an agreement

You're the one being sentimental.

Why do you go to school since it's not written in the constitution & it's not required by Ogun & IFa?

Why do you think people approach [perceived] neutral arbiters to resolve problems between disagreeing parties?

So why didn't they Traditional rulers and Oba choose a candidate between Ambode & Sanwolu PUBLICLY?

Why didn't they (Traditional rulers) choose publicly between PMB & Atiku? Including Northern traditional rulers?

Why did they choose Publicly between GEJ & PMB in 2015?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by leisuretym: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:

oponu ayirada , you want us to abandon our heritage for Igbos, so they can start biafla here, same you said no referadum no erection, why no go and try this rubbish in Kano?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by OSESUNATE(m): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The king said Sanwo will win because his people are with Sanwo.

Just like everyone, OBA is entitled to his opinion under the Nigerian constitution.

When certain Igbos claim Lagos is no man's land, you don't necessarily need a dictionary to interpret that.

When GRV says he doesn't think in Yoruba, you didn't press him to explain further!

When Namdi Kanu's boys said a Yoruba pastor should not hold a crusade In Aba, you didn't ask to know where such exist in the Nigerian constitution.

But when Oba gives his opinion, you start looking for constitution.

Bunch of hypocrites..

Well from all these responses and likes, it has only proven one thing and that's most Yorubas are tribalistic. I just hope you guys are able to overcome this stigma you've put upon yourselves

And before you play the 'omo igbo' card, I'm not Igbo. I'm Edo and a Nigerian!!
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by TOYNEX(f): 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
What of the current governor of Osun who has an igbo mother?

What of Desmond Elliot who has an igbo mother?
For GRV it's more than the mother being an Igbo woman. Ellupee was the major problem .
Know this and know peace
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Ceoangelcee: 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry
No he shot himself in the leg with his numerous anti Yoruba campaigns.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
asanausana91:
jim iyke is more popular than your whole family

What a fool!
I keep telling the dirty flatheadss on nairaland that not everyone sells street gala and pure water. Washed out Jim Iyke and the rest of you are nothing.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by dalass(f): 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry

You are making a big mistake. Gbadebos loss is not because of Igbo mother, Desmond Elliot is a fine example of a sensible person with Igbo mother.

Gbadebo lost because he abused Yorubas on line and for the world to see that he hated Yorubas by posting a goat and calling it Afonjaa....na bastard dey do that kin thing. The mama never taught him respect for other tribes since he does not behave like Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
Of all people, the ingrate pigs hate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu…after all the man has done to keep opportunities available to you pigs. The exact same thing the empty headed Obi couldn’t do for any of you.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by asanausana91: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

What a fool!
I keep telling the dirty flatheadss on nairaland that not everyone sells street gala and pure water. Washed out Jim Iyke and the rest of you are nothing.
what shall I gain if I reply an idiot like you? Nothing! Therefore go and wait at tinubu gate to collect your one cup of rice.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by 0monnak0da: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asour:

You're the one being sentimental.

Why do you go to school since it's not written in the constitution & it's not required by Ogun & IFa?

Why do you think people approach [perceived] neutral arbiters to resolve problems between disagreeing parties?

So why didn't they Traditional rulers and Oba choose a candidate between Ambode & Sanwolu PUBLICLY?

Why didn't they (Traditional rulers) choose publicly between PMB & Atiku? Including Northern traditional rulers?

Why did they choose Publicly between GEJ & PMB in 2015?

You have nothing to say
It is your opinion
That doesn't mean everyone must subscribe to your opinion
Stop trying to bulldoze or bully
Anything not legislated in human affairs will always be subject to debate especially so called unwritten rules
If that is to be the way forward it must be encoded

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Pelepele Before And After Committing Suicide (Photos) / Photos Of Cubana Chief Priest In His Shrine / Mompha: Hamza Koudeih Was Arrested In N1.8 Billion Apartment At Eko Atlantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.