Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV (83871 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Jim Iyke Reacts To His Alleged Conversion To Muslim (video) / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by brownbib(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
Logic
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Bashirkareem31: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bornbiafra:
Coming from a man with spiritual wife
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Asour: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
0monnak0da:

I am sorry to say your question is childish
Only children think in binaries
I have not expressed an opinion that it is good for them to take sides or not
My view is society should debate it and decide but the rules as they are do not prohibit it
It is hypocrisy to pick on Oba of Lagos for doing something he did not start

I'm NOT picking on him alone.
I'm expressing the same sentiment to all Obas who do/did what he did.

And No one prohibited it. That's why it's not in our Constitution. It's only reasonable they don't take sides that's why ALL contestants ceremonially go to them for blessings. Why go to them if it is expected that they do take sides?

In our history, Obas/Kings also served as ARBITERS.
They still do today. It doesn't speak well of someone who's considered an arbiter to be seen to have taken sides between parties.

That's why the Countries who still practice ceremonial Monarchy, the Kings do NOT publicly state preferred candidates.

BTW, No society can codify all its expectations in LAWS. That's impossible even if we wanted to.
However, there are things which aren't right BUT aren't stated in the law.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
NwekeUG:
Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Comment Oba of Lagos Made About Gbadebo

Popular Nigerian actor, Jim Iyke has shared his thoughts about the comment the Oba of Lagos made about Labour Party governorship candidate in the state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour ahead of the election and reports surrounding the election, IGBERETV reports.

The Oba of Lagos was quoted saying that incumbent Governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu will win even though Gbadebo's future is bright.

Reacting to this, Jim Iyke asked his followers what “democracy” means. He also disclosed that a wise man made him take choice of dual and even multiple citizenship seriously and he's glad he listened.

He wrote on his Instagram handle;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp8NSlHLoXf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You can take the citizenship of marine kingdom or even a country in another planet who cares?

The population of indigenous Arabs in Dubai is less than 10% of the total population of people in Dubai, yet, the immigrants respect the Authority of the Emir (Sheikh) and the indigenous Arabs.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by bobochem: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
You are a hypocrit.So sanwoeko didn't perform in Lagos too?Sanwo has done project that many think is not possible I.E railway project
Jnkay:
This Election really showed me how tribalistic we Yorubas are.
I will always give it to Seyi Makinde, we voted him massively here including the Igbos living here with us because his good works speak for him.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by ceeceeuwa: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry
I pity the people marrying them. They will never seen or recognize children from such union as one of them. They will always use that condescending remark "Omo Ibo" to refer to children from such union.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by dalass(f): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
OSESUNATE:

Well from all these responses and likes, it has only proven one thing and that's most Yorubas are tribalistic. I just hope you guys are able to overcome this stigma you've put upon yourselves

And before you play the 'omo igbo' card, I'm not Igbo. I'm Edo and a Nigerian!!

Remove the jealous shades. cool

If one is with an Igbo person, you will both speak English. Let another Igbo come in and sit down. The conversation quickly changes to Igbo without considering your inability to understand.in short, they will even gossip about you and delight that you do not understand what they are saying...

Edo too na same angry
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by swaggerjack: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
incandescentena:
I blame that selfish currupt Awolowo who walked through prison after he was found guity of using Government money, six million pounds to sponsor a political party and i certainly blame him, Awolowo for introducing Tribalism into Nigerian politics.

#Bittersourtruth

See your life? Now id!ots will quote me & type rubbish from the comfort of their momma's single room.
Nigeria was founded on corruption and tribalism and that will never change in this contraption.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Aguiyimba(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
Zonefree:

Jim Iyke popular pass you and all your kindred people.

Him kindred people get name?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by dalass(f): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

I pity the people marrying them. They will never seen or recognize children from such union as one of them. They will always use that condescending remark "Omo Ibo" to refer to children from such union.

Davidos son was named ifeanyi, an Igbo name. He was accepted by all and sundry and loved. If he had not died, he would have been raised as a proper Yoruba boy despite chioma being Igbo.

But say Ifeanyi called his father's people goat and Afonjaaa, then he will also be thoroughly rejected.

Yorubas value respect so much, this is what Igbos and South south people don't understand.

If you're completely Yoruba and insulting, you will be soundly rejected. This is what happened to some Southwest governors and especially Gbadebo. Stop playing the dumb tribal card. Go and ask Desmond Elliot how he won despite having Igbo mother

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Chuksyno(m): 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Strong87:

But you rejected tinubu and call him so many names so tell me what is the difference now
Tinubu is sick, old and weak to rule over 200million people. If Yoruba people truly like Tinubu, they should have encouraged him to retire from politics and go and rest but they can't.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by ezugegere(m): 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Sharap! Desmond Elliot has an igbo mother too, but he was re-elected, chinedu was rejected because of his rabid hatred for Yoruba (check his social media handle to confirm)

How do you think we will vote for someone that said this

So calling Tinubu Afonja means he called all the Yorubas Afonja? Are you still a human being?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Bimpe29: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Their hypocrisy is humongous and laughable. They have been ultimately placed in where they belong.
Iamgrey5:
The king said Sanwo will win because his people are with Sanwo.

Just like everyone, OBA is entitled to his opinion under the Nigerian constitution.

When certain Igbos claim Lagos is no man's land, you don't necessarily need a dictionary to interpret that.

When GRV says he doesn't think in Yoruba, you didn't press him to explain further!

When Namdi Kanu's boys said a Yoruba pastor should not hold a crusade In Aba, you didn't ask to know where such exist in the Nigerian constitution.

But when Oba gives his opinion, you start looking for constitution.

Bunch of hypocrites..

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Namigotalktru: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Tinibu did what? Say what you are sure of, do you know how many media houses that follow them during campaign?
In so far as Nigeria exist as a nation the Igbos will always have a say in Lagos politics. The only solution is to open the existing sea ports in the East... Of which no Yuroba president will do that because once that is done the Igbos will go. Do you actually think Sanwolu wants the Igbos to leave Lagos? If you think so then you are still growing up. Search you will see Tinibu on tape telling people that Obi's presidency is sea port at Onitsha and Portharcourt, and they its implication on Lagos state.

Ah so it’s not what Oba said that is disturbing you it is President Elect Tinubu?

Where exactly should they open sea port for you? You have no access to the sea.

You go Rivers go annoy the people, you come Lagos come annoy the people.

Nobody owes you shishi you exist as a people dependent on others for survival.

You say you are ingenious, so ingeniously find a solution to your dependence now.

The Niger bridge that now exists for your landlocked states was it an Ibo man that built it?

Why should the rest of this country be penalised because you have refused to develop your region and play diplomatically with your neighbours so you can continue to thrive?

You start problems with others and then cry and wail when they give you answer. Go and develop your states so people will stop telling you to go home.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Agbadolova: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Blame your fellow igbos for claiming "Lagos is no man land"

Yesterday, was to put you Igbo in place in Lagos. You should stop interfering in our local politics, do your business and go.

Yesterday, is just the beginning, more is still coming

Chest beater, very boastful. Very misguided. Who told you no Igbo man voted sanwolu, who told you no obidient voted sanwolu? Until most of u Yoruba Muslims and your Yoruba slaves wake up, you must remain in bondage.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by ceeceeuwa: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
dalass:

Davidos son was named ifeanyi, an Igbo name. He was accepted by all and sundry and loved. If he had not died, he would have been raised as a proper Yoruba boy despite chioma being Igbo.

But say Ifeanyi called his father's people goat and Afonjaaa, then he will also be thoroughly rejected.

Yorubas value respect so much, this is what Igbos and South south people don't understand.

If you're completely Yoruba and insulting, you will be soundly rejected. This is what happened to some Southwest governors and politicians
Davido's grandpa married an igbo lady. So does his uncle. There are still some percentage of detribalized Yorubas,although few. The statement I made earlier remains valid. I am not Igbo for the taken! If you are Yoruba and you are sincere with yourself,you will know what comes to your mind when ever the word "Omo Ibo" is being used.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Bashirkareem31: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ijaya123:

Please notify me when an Ebonyi man can freely contest an election in Abia state.
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy it's even that worse on their region

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by ogelekpomgam(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Go and ask your father
You will soon join him in the grave.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Sheybi u na say oba of lagos na bini him be, so why u na dey blame Yoruba? Go blame Bini now

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by MamaletASO: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry

Because even the Igbos sees the ibize's as an outcast..

What can you say about that??
When you are talking, you should be reasoning as well...

Anuofia!!

sad

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Ellasure: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
LoL........

Suddenly all caveman/cage man now have opinion .......

Yorubas don suffer Sha......

You don't need to loose focus because some other people are loosing their heads. They are known to be emotionally and emotions always.

Factual reasoning is not their strength. Much noise without motions are not benefitial to people that have some targets in life to attain.

Since the Nigerian democratic process commenced since 1999 to date, can you please compare the physical, political and economics development that has been witnessed by the South West and the other Nigerian regional groupings. I make bold to say that Yoruba States governors have provided more to their states to the satisfaction of the people living in these regions. Remember that all the States and their elected government had the same opportunities as the SW States,

If you check population movements too you are bound to notice that the SW has received quite a large number of people coming from the various states of Nigeria into the SW. Can the same be said of their regions. They have been to school but education has not changed their intellect and approaches to life.

If you are engaged in discussions with someone makes sure that the person is listening and ready to benefit you too.

Some people will never change.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by stevups(m): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
NwekeUG:
Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Comment Oba of Lagos Made About Gbadebo

Popular Nigerian actor, Jim Iyke has shared his thoughts about the comment the Oba of Lagos made about Labour Party governorship candidate in the state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour ahead of the election and reports surrounding the election, IGBERETV reports.

The Oba of Lagos was quoted saying that incumbent Governor of the state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu will win even though Gbadebo's future is bright.

Reacting to this, Jim Iyke asked his followers what “democracy” means. He also disclosed that a wise man made him take choice of dual and even multiple citizenship seriously and he's glad he listened.

He wrote on his Instagram handle;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp8NSlHLoXf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Dindinrin
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by JOemmy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Yesterday, was to put you Igbo in place in Lagos. You should stop interfering in our local politics, do your business and go.

How does igbos interfere in ur politics is it because Rhodes vivour is partly igbo or because obi the presidential candidate of the LP is supporting him as someone contesting under his own party how exactly?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by OSESUNATE(m): 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
dalass:

Remove the jealous shades. cool

If one is with an Igbo person, you will both speak English. Let another Igbo come in and sit down. The conversation quickly changes to Igbo without considering your inability to understand.in short, they will even gossip about you and delight that you do not understand what they are saying...

Edo too na same angry

Same goes for Yorubas my guy. I did my secondary school in Ondo state, Ijapp high school to be precise. I have so many yoruba friends who speak Yoruba amongst themselves even when I'm there and I don't take offense in it. I use to have very high regards for you guys but wetin my eyes don see and reading your comments, I cannot lie, it has really distorted my opinions about you guys.

Like I said, I just hope you're able to come out of the stigma you've put upon yourselves
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by JOemmy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
chiefoga:

This is far from the truth and you know this. You can’t call us afonja and want us to vote for you, ko possible. You don’t even speak our language, English sef you no sabi speak he was a terrible candidate and the Oba was right.

When did he call all of u afonja publicly is it because of his tweet?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Smooyis(m): 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:

You are taking it too far. By all means and standards, GRV is nothing compared to Sanwo-Olu. But the Igbos in Lagos deliberately decided to gather around their son because of the hatred for Tinubu, and force him on the people against the wish of indigenous population. Things never work that way. You can never hide behind the pretext of democracy to colonize a people just because they open their hearts and minds to accept you as one of their own. Wether you like it or not, we yorubas are one of the most hospitable people you can find anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by thegrinch(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The king said Sanwo will win because his people are with Sanwo.

Just like everyone, OBA is entitled to his opinion under the Nigerian constitution.

When certain Igbos claim Lagos is no man's land, you don't necessarily need a dictionary to interpret that.

When GRV says he doesn't think in Yoruba, you didn't press him to explain further!

When Namdi Kanu's boys said a Yoruba pastor should not hold a crusade In Aba, you didn't ask to know where such exist in the Nigerian constitution.

But when Oba gives his opinion, you start looking for constitution.

Bunch of hypocrites..

Can Somebody give this man a Bottle of Orijin!!!
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by 0monnak0da: 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
I command loyal omoluabi
Go to his page and tell him to speak up against
Sit at home
Don't be rude
Ask him politely why he has not made that a priority and whether that will influence his japaa decision
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by thegrinch(m): 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Igbos will plant the seed of Hate, when it is time for harvest, they will start wailing and playing victim. They haven't learnt, and i doubt if they ever will
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Freebills12: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
[color=#770077][/color]
Namigotalktru:

Ah so it’s not what Oba said that is disturbing you it is President Elect Tinubu?

Where exactly should they open sea port for you? You have no access to the sea.

You go Rivers go annoy the people, you come Lagos come annoy the people.

Nobody owes you shishi you exist as a people dependent on others for survival.

You say you are ingenious, so ingeniously find a solution to your dependence now.

The Niger bridge that now exists for your landlocked states was it an Ibo man that built it?

Why should the rest of this country be penalised because you have refused to develop your region and play diplomatically with your neighbours so you can continue to thrive?

You start problems with others and then cry and wail when they give you answer. Go and develop your states so people will stop telling you to go home.

You are just telling me that you don't even know the Nigerian constitution to know that sea ports are in executive list likewise federal road as well as rail ways just yesterday that Buhari signed into law that rail ways are now in concurrent list.
I don't have problem with Tinibu, I as person will benefit more than you from his government.
Aba blue sea that is connected to the Atlantic Ocean hope you don't know that, Onitsha port I know you don't know about it.
How will I cry wail when I know that Anambra in terms of education, infrastructural development, business sector, health sector and any other policy are better than your state.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by timilehin007(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:

Don’t sack them bro
Mehn the way these guys beats their chest and brags like they own Lagos is sickling...it is so disgusting....i felt like slapping them ..but I couldn't because there was no justification for that..with the way these tribes brags ND behave like they have a say In Lagos political affairs...I've grown so much hatred for them...I will find reason to remove them...they reports to me every sales Monday to Saturday....they are leaving I swear

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mompha: Hamza Koudeih Was Arrested In N1.8 Billion Apartment At Eko Atlantic / Aleksandra Sadowska Dyed Her Eyeball Black, Now She Is About To Go Blind (Photo) / Photos Of Cubana Chief Priest In His Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.