Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (37280 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by naijaking1: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2007
My award goes out to those Africans that believed so much in the Nigerian experiment that they offered or attempted to offer their lives for it.

1. Col. Adekunle Fajuyi: He believed so much in the sincerity of people that he put his life on the line for his friend, Aguiyi Ironsi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adekunle_Fajuyi

2. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi

3. Alh. Tafawa Balewa

4. Bishop Ajayi Crowther

5. Cardinal Arinze

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Seun(m): 12:32am On Sep 10, 2007
1) Tai Solarin
2) Olusegun Obasanjo
3) Gani Fawehinmi
4) Aliko Dangote
5) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by naijaking1: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2007
@Seun

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Aliko Dangote to Nigeria is looking like what J.P Morgan (and maybe J. Rockefella) was to the US in the early 1900s.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by BABEELOVE(f): 2:38am On Sep 10, 2007
Mrs. Etteh!!!
Mrs. Etteh!!!
Mrs. Etteh!!!
Mrs. Etteh!!!
Mrs. Etteh!!!

Up Bottom Power oh!!!! You gatz to love the woman!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by tonesky(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2007
Ibrahim Babangida - Hausa/Fulani (For introducing 419)

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe - Igbo ( For bringing independence to Nigeria while his tribe is being marginalised in the project he fought for)

Orji Uzor Kalu - Igbo (For looting Abia State fund,using it to open 12 different Companies both foreign and local within 8 years. Also for killing his deputy - Dr.Chima Nwafor and using his mother's occult to get rid of the critics of his Administration.

Andoakaa - Attorney general - Tiv (For taking bribe from corrupt ex-governors to shield them from EFCC)
Yaradua - Hausa/Fulani (For allowing Shamsudeen - Finance aminister and Andoakaa - A/General to remote and make his Govt. more unpopular with their influence on him.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by chidichris(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2007
am sorry my list has to exceed five (5) bcs i have much respect for much people in this great nation called nigeria;

1. Adedibu - strong politician - too old to be reformed
2. Annini - a hardened criminal/ high way robber
3. Tony Annenih - big time politician - a philantropist - anti good roads
4. chris and andy uba - sudden rich and famous politicians - spiritual sons of obj
5. obj - despite his age, still activie and strong in criminal activities and do or die affairs
6. borrishade - the most shameless minister i have ever seen
7. Dr. Ngozi Iweala - a great economics but was found wanting in nigerian/obj politics
8. Nuhu Ribadu - the most intelligent officer nigeria have ever seen- a good movies actor- perfect in his interpretation of scripts
9. Patricia Etteh - hair dresser turned speaker - n628 million renovator - indecent dresser
10. atiku - vice president turned criminal- the only nigerian criminal ready to accept his crime as long as other parties are involved

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by doyin13(m): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2007
@chidichris

the joke is a bit redundant now I think
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
-Prof Dora Akunyili
-Dr Yemi Farounbi
- Mr Frank Nweke Jnr
- Oby (former education minister) and one of my favourite
-MALLAM NASIRU EL RUFAI he should be among seun's list cos you two are almost the same. cheesy
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by BigB11(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
1. Colonia
2. Mckren
3. Afam
4. Frenchman
5. Panalyst

6. MAMAJAMA opSsssssss
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by anusule(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2007
my dad
my reverend, Oshoffa
Okonjo-Iweala
wole soyinka
myself grin
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by oreshade(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2007
Adedibu
obasangorilla
Atiku
only these three
sorry em em ok
obanikoro
bode george
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by OMUWUNMI: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2007
SANNI ABACHA-FOR HIS THIEF THIEF

BABAGINDA  -  FOR HIS WURU WURU AND THIEF THIEF

OBASANJO  -FOR HIS MANGO MANGO AND THIEF THIEF

FELICIA ETTEH - FOR MAKING NIGERIAN WOMEN PROUD WITH ETTEH

ADEDIBU- FOR GROOMING ME TO BE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by adubiay: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2007
Gani Fawehinmi
Yaradua
prof. Soludo
Pas. Chris Okotie
Myself
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by nigeriaone: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2007
their are too many to say,  God and Jesus then My father, my father in-law,   Awo made great impact on me as a child,  I love papa awo so much. His heart to help build a great society touch,  He was about helping and not about making money, 
Pastor W F kumuyi made great impact on my life as a child,  I was in deeper life for many years. He help me shape my tomorrow,  And gave me vision in education,  I hold him with high respect. Pastor EA Adeboye, because of his humble ways, and wisdom and his method of preaching the word of God. I use to be a member of RCCG . I still go to the holy spirit night when in Nigeria. Aminu Kano, Micheal Enahoro,Tai Solarin. wole Soyinka for going to jail for his believe, Ganiyi faweyimi for going to jail for his believes, Tony rapu, Pastor Eskor. I think President Obasanjo hard approach to things too,  he means well, but get misunderstood.  Gowon, he united Nigeria after the civil war, Shehu Yar Adua because he past on in jail without given up his believe, Jean chretien, speak his heart all the time, Pierre Trudeau canada premier ministre, Zanana Akande, George Bush sr, Bill clinton before monica,  Martin luther king jr,  Orkar because he dared the system, , Ojukwu really for believing in himself, Tunde Idiagbo  too great,  Uncle Bola Ige, Lateef Kayode Jakande, Micheal Ajasi, Micheal Otedola,  My wonderful friend from Adamawa state Emon Ishaya, He would never collect abribe, even when he could not feed his family. Domkat bali,  Gbolahun Modashiru,   Prof Ibiyemi, Prof Salami, Prof Owolabi. Moshood Abiola because he made money from nothing,     Bill graham worderful preacher, , Joseph tanka and Isaac boro,  cecila Ibru, i would like to meet her someday. so also is HID awolowo,  dangote, Datata, Adamu Ciroma, Bala Usman, Iweala, the emir of kano, oni of ife, micheal Adenuga, Sobomi Balogun, Erestus Akingbola, Jim Ovia and look the list is too long for the internet,  Like this young man with the insurance campany NICON. For trying to change the sector,  Jimoh Ibrahim,  It is not easy my brother to change a system ,   The list is to much to make, I use to really like Bola Tinubu utill he team up with Atiku,  Sam Ogbemudia,  Prof Olikoye Ransome Kuti , Chinua Achebe , Gamaliel Onosode, Chief Bisi Akande , Alhaji Maitama sule,  I am impress by Fashola, even when i did not support him before. Orpah because it is difficult to be a black woman in america and make it. I want her to have a baby sha, Bill corby, i love his jokes. Segun Odegbami

Those i do not respect IBB And Abacha for destroying a great nation.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by ademiller(f): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2007
why give credit to people i dont know and dont give a hoot bout me
well my 5 most respected nigerians are:-

1. Me Adella Miller
2. My father
3. My Mother
4. My uncle
5. My boyfriend(love u boo) kiss
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Teriba(m): 10:39am On Dec 12, 2007
Awo

Ken Saro-Wiwa

Dele Giwa

Buhari

Anonymous ( this would include all men and women that do good in secret and those that have not received enough credit for their good deeds)
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by iykrion(m): 12:27am On Dec 13, 2007
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote - for creating jobs for millions on Nigerians directly & indirectly.

2. Otunba Mike Adenuga Jr - for breaking new grounds and employing millions of Nigerians.

3. Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige OON (Onwa) - for breaking the bond of godfatherism in Anambra state.

4. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo - for the repositioning of Nigeria's financial institutions.

5. Alhaji Asari M. Dokubo - for championing the cause of his people.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by jaso1(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2007
I think we should base our option on those that still alife to gear more effective  performance .
i will go for the veterans bellow:
Nobel Laurate WOLE SHOYINKA
                       GANI FAWEHINMI
                       PA ENAHORO
                       FEMI FALANA
                       ADAM OSHIOMOLE

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by opediileke(f): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2010
my mother
Aladura Moses Orimolade Tunolase (RIP)
Prof. WOle Soyinka
Bimbo Akintola
Gani Fawehinmi
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by chidichris(m): 9:58am On Jan 12, 2010
annenih - the benin criminal
shiuna rambo - the internetaion criminal
obasanjo - the owner of nigeria
bode george - the white hair criminal
tony annenih - the untouchable criminal of nigerian politics

remember, they all have one thing in common - criminality
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by ChapelleS: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2010
@Kosovo

Return the topic 'Insult:mtn Locates Headquaters In Ghana' from phones section to politics section because am about to do something nasty right now.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by ajilete(f): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2010
In no particular order
Gani Fawehinmi- Fearless, just,principled,intelligent, social critic, fighter for the masses
Obafemi Awolowo- sharp, witty and visionary leader,
Fela Anikulapo- fearless social critic, great music ahead of his time and from a formidable and legendary family
Chinua Achebe-insightful great story teller and writer
Yakubu Gowon-young leader steering Nigeria out of a civil war, vision
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by real4life: 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
For now, I can think of the following

1. Ahmadu Bello ( A patriotic leader that brought great progress to northern nigeria in particular)
2. Gani Fawehinmi (He lived his life fighting injustice)
3. Jonathan Goodluck (A good politician from the south whose humility has ensured he remains on course to be president of nigeria sooner or later)
4. Aminu Kano (A selfless political leader who died a poor man when he had the chance to be as rich as he wanted to be)
5. Pat Utomi (Intelligent, hardworking man)

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by humantoy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
1.Kaduna Nzeogwu
2.Tunde Idiagbon
3.Obafemi Awolowo
4.Fela Anikulapo Kuti
5.Gani Fawehinmi

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by itocoonlin(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
Chief Godswill Akpabio, Hon. Solomon ہUdosen, pastor Adeboye,Sen. John Udoedehe, Chief Goodluck Jonathan. an even mysely
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by harakiri(m): 3:42am On Jan 26, 2010
1.mccloud224
2.harakiri
3.mccloud224
4.harakiri
5.mccloud224
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by adigun101: 4:35am On Jan 26, 2010
Wole Soyinka - Great writer and poet, revolutionary an intellectual.

Chinua Achebe - Father of African literature inspiring the likes of Chimamanda Adichie.

Mike Adenuga - Visionary through Entrepreneurship.

Dora Akunyilu - Tireless and dogged in her service to Nigeria(against all odds)

Femi Anikulapo Kuti - Truly a prophet of his time.

Adebayo Ogunlesi - Put Nigeria on the map of global executives.

Pat Utomi - Politician and Economist

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by sheriffman(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2010
NIce and interesting thread I must say,but very difficult to answer cos no criteria was given or any stanndard for these people to be chosen,However I will list 5ive names that don't deserve to be on this list (not in any order)

IBB
CHUKWUMA SOLUDO
ALIKO DANGOTE
NUHU RIBADU
DORA AKUNYILI
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Tubelsaviz: 7:23am On Jul 21, 2013
1. Prof. Chinua Achebe 2. Fela Kuti 3. Prof. Wole Soyinka 4. Philip Emeagwali 5. Kanu Nwankwo
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by omenka(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
babasin:

This has been shown to be a fraud. Get your news correct.

Exactly. Was about to say that.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Adejoro74: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ojukwu
Michael Okpara
Okonjo Iweala
My father
My mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Accepted US Army Barrack In Nigeria. / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria / Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.