Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently (24675 Views)

Nigeria Currently Under Watch By Human Right Watch. See Confirmation, Pic / Who Is Nigeria's Most Respected Statesman (dead Or Alive)? / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by ogaemma: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dear Naira landers,
I came up with this thought after I watched live on AIT the wedding of Gov. Okorocha's daughter in Owerri.
I this the most respected man in Nigeria is Obasanjo. I do not know if there is any living man in Nigeria who have equalled the kind of public respect and honour that is giving to Obasanjo in occassions.
What do you think? Pls share your experience; who is the most respected & honoured living man in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
ogaemma: Dear Naira landers,
I came up with this thought after I watched live on AIT the wedding of Gov. Okorocha's daughter in Owerri.
I this the most respected man in Nigeria is Obasanjo. I do not know if there is any living man in Nigeria who have equalled the kind of public respect and honour that is giving to Obasanjo in occassions.
What do you think? Pls share your experience; who is the most respected & honoured living man in Nigeria?

Are you talking of genuine respect that good men Achebe deserve or nigerian kind of respect for bandits like obj?

54 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Omen100(m): 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
space taken. wink wink wink
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Sunnycliff(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
i think it should be Alhaji Aliko Dangote. He recieved the highest national honour that has never been given to a non political office holder

9 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Are you talking of genuine respect that good men Achebe deserve or nigerian kind of respect for bandits like obj?

Are you referring to the Achebe that was newly inducted into Nairaland Hall of Shame ?

53 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by nifemi01(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Did someone actually typed obasanjo up there? Is dat meant to be funny or something?
I don't really think there is any body in this nation that is widely accepted and sincerely respected

6 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by GARRIx7(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Achebe??...

Achebe has a duplex in the hall of SHAME. He is a bitter, divisive and xenophobic old man...

He may be the most respected Biafran (by IGBOs).

1) Aliko Dangote
2) Wole Soyinka etc...

OBJ is a cold-blooded murderer!!!

9 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
It should be Prof. Wole Soyinka - the rest are just clowns, to be honest...

And probably the Pastor that's into activism(can't remember his name)...
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by k2039: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sunnycliff: i think it should be Alhaji Aliko Dangote. He recieved the highest national honour that has never been given to a non political office holder
[color=soyouquotedme]Mike Adenuga recieved the same award, so your point is pointless. [/color]

3 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you referring to the Achebe that was newly inducted into Nairaland Hall of Shame ?

Shame to subcreatures like means pride and vice versa.Achebe is a noble man and noble men are dignifiable creature.

73 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by k2039: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
[color=soyouquotedme]Even internationally he is respected, so it's Obasanjo. [/color]

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by PaulJohn1: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Seriously?

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by outrage: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=14pt]faruk lawal[/size]
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Even internationally he is respected, so it's Obasanjo. [/color]

Who respects obj internationally,part from international rogues like him?i.e.the UN.No sane human being knows him.

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Even internationally he is respected, so it's Obasanjo. [/color]

I would have picked Obasanjo but.........uhmmm....Atimes Ogun,PDP and Nigerian Politics would not certified Baba for the post of the most Respected and Honoured Man in Nigeria!!! Though Baba is always Classical to me!!!

To satisfy the Topic of this thread, Aliko Dangote is the Most Respected and Honored Man in Nigeria!!!!..........
Sunnycliff: i think it should be Alhaji Aliko Dangote. He recieved the highest national honour that has never been given to a non political office holder
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Achebe the bigot? I dont think so. More like Prof Wole Soyinka. I think he was one of those who MEND chose to negotiate on their behalf some years back

11 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by EkoIle1: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Achebe??...

Achebe has a duplex in the hall of SHAME. He is a bitter, divisive and xenophobic old man...

He may be the most respected Biafran (by IGBOs).

Well said...

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by EkoIle1: 8:16pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

Shame to subcreatures like means pride and vice versa.Achebe is a IGNOBLE man and noble men are dignifiable creature.

Well FIXED.

6 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by kokoA(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
Aliko certainly.
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Ngodigha1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

41 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by OsunOriginal: 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2013

Obj that cant win the polling boot in front of his house. What can be more of s rejection if your daughter contests an election and she lost to the opposition in your ward. Tell me who accepts obj apart from Igbos who are still far away from civility.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by fkaz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

4 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by knotty(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Dan Masanin Kano.
His present state of sightlessness has not dimmed his worth.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by fkaz(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2013
When it comes to politics i still give it obasanjo,
Interms of business, i respect Aliko Dangote,

When it comes to humman rigth activist, call dino malaiye for now.
And when it come to celeb, .... 2BABA 4life

Shiekena

7 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by 3kay945(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
The prof. Wole Soyinka...
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

Well FIXED.

Another subcreation with its pranks.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
dayokanu:

Achebe the bigot? I dont think so. More like Prof Wole Soyinka. I think he was one of those who MEND chose to negotiate on their behalf some years back

Just because he spoke the truth about your psychopatic hero does not change his nobilty.Truth hurts but it is not sinful.

33 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by seedord247(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
No single man... Every Nigerian is corrupt in one way or the other. undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by andyanders: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ngodigha1: The most respected Nigerians are as follows:
Prof Chinua Achebe.
Chief Emeka Anyaoku.
Prof Wole Soyinka.
Dr Ngozi Iwuala.
Alex Ekwueme
Dr Ezekwesiri
Dora Akunyili
Alh Dangote
Solomon Lar
Chukwudifu Oputa
Ralph Uwechue
Ebitu Ukiwe
Pepper Clarke
Pat Utomi
Tam David West

Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Dawdy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Jega
Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by cockyjay: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
redsun:

lol gone are the days achebe and respect go together. Wake up. We yorubas no longer respect him. We dnt respect bigots and liars

1 Like

Re: The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
I think there are two people...

Dr Alex Ekwueme

Prof Wole Soyinka

others are corrupt and tribalists..

Obj shouldnt be mentioned if you are talking of honour...theres a scandal about him and his daughter in law..if he did that he should be pelted with rotten eggs anywhere he shows his face.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Ikpeazu Laughing Hard / UK Reviews Asylum Policy, Favours LGBTI, Ignores IPOB Members - The Cable / VAT Amendments: NBA, SANs Caution NASS, Fault FIRS Planned Revenue Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.