Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (37242 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by frankhills(m): 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
(1) Me
(2) Me
(3) Me
(4) Me &
(5) Me
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
skyluv2000: Well with all sence of responsibilty i presnet my beat Five (5) nigerians without biased intention nor tribal sentimaent:

1. Dr Dora akunyili

2. Dr Emeka Anyaoku

3. Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar

4. Gen ahmed Jokolo of kebbi

5. Sir herbert Marcaulay of Edo state

if i will be allowed to make it seven i will quickly add

6. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and

7. Sir Sam Loco Efe (to his blessed memory)

Chief Emeka Anyaoku
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by size38: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Fela Anikulakpo Kuti.
2. Chief Anthony Enahoro
3. Prof. Soyika
4. Prof. Achebe.
5. Governor Rotimi Amaechi.
Wait oo! How come nobody has mention d name of our current presido, GEJ. Abi them no like am again?

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
*Prof. Wole Soyinka
*Chief Gani Fawehinmi
*Chief Obafemi Awolowo
*Pastor E. A. Adeboye
*Deacon Gamaliel Onosode
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Threecrownz(m): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pastor Enoch Adeboye Aliko Dangote Olusegun Obasanjo Nnamdi Azikwe nd Mike Adenuga
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by frankhills(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
Danmasani: Obasanjo
Babangida
Anenih
Abacha
Lamidi Adedibu
grin grin grin
These ones na the most respected Thieves nah.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by ChideraFavour(m): 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
1) Yakubu Gowon for been the Nigeria's youngest head of state, he was 32yrs old when he became the president of Nigeria.
2) IBB for been the Nigeria's toughest president.
3) David mark for been the longest serving senator in Nigeria(4th tenure) with the post of senate president for two tenure.
4) Dangote for maintaining the richest man in Nigeria even without helding any govt. post.
5) Goodluck Jonathan for been the Nigeria's most criticised president even when he is trying to please everybody.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by redsun(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
The most repectable nigerians are the the ones that genuinely help others,the ones are honest.All those vilage teachers,market womens,farmers and tarders that have never stolen from others to live.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by sobaemma(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
o obsanjo is no 1,for his non corruption act
o babangida what an honest and innocet man that has not stain his hands with even a rat's blood all through his life
o my abacha,my lovely abacha,a man with clean hands that cant take ur one naira
o my sweet ibori,a geniune and honest man with a mind of poor for himself enrich the masses
O tinubu,o my tinubu,ooooooooooooooo my nigeria politicians,ooooo my wonderful FG THAT has remain extremely poor just for the masses to enjoy.
these are my respectful.................. people,dont ask me y
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Me
My mum
My dad
My shaik
And you ..
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by captaindaylay(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Dr.Tai Solarin
2. Prof. Chinua Achebe
3.Pastor E.A Adeboye
4.Prof. Wole Soyinka
5. Fela Anikulapo-Kuti
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by AndreUweh(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
Dim Emeka Ojukwu
Prof Chinua Achebe
Col Joe Achuzia
Justice Chukwudifu Oputa
Wole Soyinka.

PART ii
Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe
Dr Alex Ekwueme
Prof Adiele Afigbo
Chief Sam Mbakwe
Margaret Ekpo.

PART iii
Ebitu Ukiwe
Olu Jacobs
Gordon Ezekwe
Chioma Ajunwa
Abdulsalam Abubakar.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by redsun(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
It is in nigeria that thieves command respect.That hooligans rules.

Where hooligans are role models,so the concept of respect is fundamentally misunderstood.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by kel4soft: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
2. My mum
3. Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi
4. Osborne Brown (my first boss; he did inspired me)
5. My wife to be; my childhood friend, secondary school mate, graduated together at the University of Port Harcourt and to cap it all she is beautiful and to the best of my knowledge she is also faithful.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
I'll leave educational achievements out because we all know nigerians are highly educated with little or no morals.
1. Nuhu Ribadu - A nigerian who rejected a $15m bribe from Ibori shocked
2. Dr. Oluyombo Awojobi - A medical doctor/engineer and philantropist. A great man
3. Late Gani Fawhenmi - Human rights activist and philantropist
4. ...
5. ...
Do we even have any good models in this country at all Just a lot of rich dubious people everywhere you look.
Respect to all diligent teachers,nurses and doctors especially in the rural corners of the country.
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by dolphinife: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
Muhammad Gambo
Ideye
Osaze
Bendtner
MC oluomo of oshodi
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Pukkah: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
Dead

1. Gani Fawehinmi - irrepressible and consistent-till-death human rights activist. He fought for the people at the risk of personal liberty, health and career progress.

2. MKO Abiola - he created something out of nothing and was a man of many parts. He is the greatest philanthropist that I've seen in this clime. His story is that of a 'Nigerian Dream'.

3. Obafemi Awolowo - he galvanized and united his people. He was unprententious about his convictions. Built the first television station in Africa and the first skyscraper. The only politician of his time whose philosophy (Awoism) has outlived.

4. Fela Anikulapo-Kuti - a pan Africanist and a maverick who tried to change the system as best as he could. He was also very consistent, fearless, deep and prophetic.

5. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister - created stardom out of nothing. He was born into poverty and lost his father at a tender age, yet went on to create a genre of music called Fuji which today employs several thousands of people. I think Fuji is the only genre of Nigerian music that has had an unbroken array of successful practitioners and has not witnessed a lull for over 40 years.

Living

1. Gamaliel Onosode - has not soiled his name or reputation and has been scandal-free in this tempestuous environment.
2. Bola Tinubu - a bodacious strategist who has created a political empire from a position of severe disadvantage that he was born into.
3. Rotimi Amaechi - a bold non-conformist who possesses the ingredients of greatness in contemporary Nigeria. He should be watched.
4. Olusegun Obasanjo - I don't like him but you can't write the history of Nigeria without mentioning him. He has become an enigma.
5. Wole Soyinka - for his uncommon literary talent (in several genres) and consistency as a human rights crusader.

NB - there is none of these individuals that cannot be fiercely criticized depending on the person's perception.

These are just names in the public space. There are millions of unsung heroes lurking out there.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by maximunimpact(m): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
kraftykc: If they are LIVING Nigerians

Wole Soyinka

Col Dangiwa Umar

Hon Chukwuemeka Chikelu

My Father

Rev Fr Mattew Kukah

Who is your father, give me a name!....?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by drstone1: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
shegsrules: Fani kayode
Rev king
Yerima
Farouq lawan
Gambo of super eagles
^^
This guy u bad O, this ur list speaks VoluMES
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by frabel: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Jonathan goodluck , asiri dokubo, peter obi, ogonna udigwe, Felix chiekwe.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by redsun(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2013
Most of the greatest icons of nigeria are yorubas.The Kutis,The Ganis,The Solarins,and ofcourse Wole who at the moment is a little bit controvercial in ways that kind of makes one wonder what is going on.

Amaechi is probably a morally depleted sea dog,hence Soyinka's interest.No same person should take side with any front line nigerian politician at the moment.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Gamliel Onosode, Christopher Kolade, Pat Utomi, Emeka Anyaoku, Emeka Ojukwu
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Gamaiiel Onosode, Christopher Kolade, Pat Utomi, Emeka Anyaoku, Emeka Ojukwu
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by drstone1: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Don Demu: Ibrahim Shekau
Mohd Yusuf
Abu Qaqa
Alzarawi
Maitatsine

May Allah bless you Sirs
YessOoooO,Allah don bless their work wey 'im give them to Do fo naija n whreva dem dey. I can confidently tell yu they have booked a prominent place for themselves in allahs' paradise

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by maximunimpact(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
1. Malam Jibril Musa-- shoe maker in my street
2. Mama Nkechi AKA Madm rice and stew--mama put in my street.
3. Mr Ojo Eke------Asaba-Benin bus driver
4. Kabil muhamed----suya seller in Agbor, Delta state
5. Madam Grace Oyibo---garri seller @ ogbogonogo mkt, Asaba.
These guyz are my heros, I need my shoe to shined, tanx to Musa, I need hot rice n stew in the morning, mama Nkechi is der 4 me. Benin here I come, na Mr Ojo work, I take my babe out, suya tins na kabil dey give me correct test, ofcos without Madam Grace, no garri 4 me. These Five guyz are my greatest and most respected Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by sobaemma(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
dr stone:
YessOoooO,Allah don bless their work wey 'im give them to Do fo naija n whreva dem dey. I can confidently tell yu they have booked a prominent place for themselves in allahs' paradise
people that killed innocent children,men,women,babies that has done no bad against them?so ur allah do bless such people shocked
dr stone:
people that killed innocent children,men,women,babies that has done no bad against them?so ur allah do bless such peopleand u are confidently sure they have a promient place for them in paradiseare u a beast?in as much i don want to insult any religion,now i truely know islam is a religion of peace
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by maximunimpact(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
frabel: Jonathan goodluck , asiri dokubo, peter obi, ogonna udigwe, Felix chiekwe.

Asari Dokubo? Hmmmmmmmm,
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Koffiman: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
tundewoods: Can you list your 5 Most Respected Nigerians,either Living or Late. It was a bid difficult at arriving at my own 5 most respected Nigerians.

1. Pastor Enoch Adeboye - For his Humility and Vision

2. Gideon Orkar (late) - For his daring effort to change the system

3. Philip Emeagwali - For his feat in terms of inventing Super Computers

4. Tom Iseghohi - For his excellence in Corporate Leadership

5. Aliko Dangote - For his excellence in business drive.

Who are you own 5 Most respected Nigerians ??

What makes Oyedepo humble. A man who has three jets and a rolls royce when some of his followers are in abject poverty and cannot afford the fees to his school. Is that the concept of humility as examplified by Jesus Christ his supposed role model.

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by bambam50(m): 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
1.Gen. Murtala Muhammed. 2. Chief Obafemi Awolowo. 3.Tafawa Balewa. 4.Adekunle Fajuyi. 5.Tunde Idiagbon........ Good ones has gone, present leaders are leaders of cupidity.
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
I see a lot of people posting: Gamaliel Onosode.

Who's he/she? Can anyone give me his unauthorised autobiography?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by brownbriggs(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ayim P Ayim
Dangote
Umaru musa Y
Prof. Olufemi Williams
Ayenuga
Ayim P Ayim
Dangote
Umaru musa Y
Prof. Olufemi Williams
Ayenuga
Ayim P Ayim
Dangote
Umaru musa Y
Prof. Olufemi Williams
Ayenuga
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by toshmann(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
$ugardaddy:

my name na Olodo

we know, why u dey advertize am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State / Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React / APC Reps List 50 "Impeachable Offences" Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.