Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. (6854 Views)

Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person / Obi: ‘This Is Embarrassing’ – Mr Macaroni Knocks Keyamo For Spreading Fake News / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Ceoangelcee: 5:02am On Mar 21, 2023
seunmsg:
Having a good CV is not enough to win election in Nigeria. Tinubu has a far better CV than Peter Obi but Igbos still rejected him. Sanwo-Olu has a far better CV What Han Chinedu, he’s even the best performing governor in the last four years. Yet, Igbos prefer an inexperienced and Yoruba hating kid called Chinedu over Sanwo-Olu.

So you see, it’s not about CV but regional interest and national unity. A candidate that can’t convince majority of interest groups in Nigeria that they will be protected under him or her can’t be president. The Peter Obi fiasco should have thought you guys a lesson in national politics.
But let's say she is running on the platform of the rulling party or a 'serious' opposition with a very solid Vice presidential candidate from the north... Won't she stand a good chance?
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by kingthreat(m): 5:03am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
I think the Igbo people still have a good shot at this presidency of a thing if they can field a candidate like Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
With her vast knowledge of economies and her experience at the world stage, we can be certain she has all it takes. Wikipedia currently quotes her age to be 69 which makes her much younger than the incumbent president.
She is known for her neutral stance in ethno-religious commentaries and she has worked with several Nigerian presidents and world leaders.
In my opinion, most Nigerians will vote for this woman if she ever runs for office.

She won't even win governorship in a state in the SouthEast. She's an economist not a politician. Politics is a very different game entirely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by GodinDaFlesh: 5:05am On Mar 21, 2023
yemmit90:

No one rigged against Igbo, Igbo simply don't know how to play politics. South East being a zone that usually give a bloc vote has advantage over other zones in the South if they had utilise the opportunity well. Being loyal to PDP that gives absolutely nothing for years instead of APGA to negotiate power with other zones is their greatest undone.

You can't defeat a rulling party with Labour party that lacks national spread especially in the Noth West and East. Obi would've won easily with PDP. If you still believe Obi won this year election, it mean you know nothing about politics. Obi know the truth, he is just using the victim tactics to keep his Obidients followers intact for the gubernatorial election and future elections.

But it is quite unfortunate that the tactics only work in one state in SE, and with this, his chances of becoming Nigeria president is almost gone forever.

We don’t want this shytty ass God forsaken country, we want our own advanced, forward thinking country
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Kog45(m): 5:07am On Mar 21, 2023
Ikpaitid:
Why are IPOB women always ugly?
They all look like gorillas.
This is disrespectful and out if it.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Kog45(m): 5:12am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

Don't mind that person. Forget the law...even every culture in Nigeria identifies marriage as a means for a woman to legitimately become a part of a tribe or a new culture. I am Yoruba by the way.
Thank you,she has everything to lead Nigeria but the major issue is our politics of hatred.She is far better than most politicians.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by seunmsg(m): 5:42am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

But let's say she is running on the platform of the rulling party or a 'serious' opposition with a very solid Vice presidential candidate from the north... Won't she stand a good chance?

It would take a miracle for her to pick the presidential ticket of the ruling party in 2027.

Again, why are you so bothered about having a new president in 2027 when the one we recently elected has not even been sworn into office. Why not keep an open mind about Bola Tinubu if truly what you want is good government. I believe Tinubu will perform very well as president and we won’t need a change of president in 2027.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by IVORY2009(m): 5:53am On Mar 21, 2023
She will not have that strength, the only way she can win an election in Nigeria is for her to join the ruleing party, but on the opposition like Obi did, she can not.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Digriz(m): 5:56am On Mar 21, 2023
yemmit90:

No one rigged against Igbo, Igbo simply don't know how to play politics. South East being a zone that usually give a bloc vote has advantage over other zones in the South if they had utilise the opportunity well. Being loyal to PDP that gives absolutely nothing for years instead of APGA to negotiate power with other zones is their greatest undone.

You can't defeat a rulling party with Labour party that lacks national spread especially in the Noth West and East. Obi would've won easily with PDP. If you still believe Obi won this year election, it mean you know nothing about politics. Obi know the truth, he is just using the victim tactics to keep his Obidients followers intact for the gubernatorial election and future elections.

But it is quite unfortunate that the tactics only work in one state in SE, and with this, his chances of becoming Nigeria president is almost gone forever.
APGA is ojukwus party go and sit down, you're talking nonsense.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Delightsome2023: 6:14am On Mar 21, 2023
spearman:
NOI is not Ibo. She is Anioma Niger Delta. She married Ibo and claims Ibo for political expediency. She can only be president of OSU Biafra.
grin
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by 4mable: 6:20am On Mar 21, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
You don't know who you are dealing with in Nigeria.
Hate filled people.

She can only win in South East
dey play u think she would be on the ballot or soludo and we would vote Tinubu, it about competence not tribe, even you in ur mind knows the more competent of the aspirants if age is not considered
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by excanny: 6:27am On Mar 21, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Hate filled people.

Exactly. If Jesus Christ contests in Nigeria to be president, he will lose.

Nigeria is a very complex country that defies logic.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by DMerciful(m): 6:45am On Mar 21, 2023
Lool...you think they give a damn? Who did Hell Rufai say will go back in body bags in 2019, not international observers?
Ceoangelcee:

I think she will...considering the huge amount of international support she will Garner. Any sitting president would want to ensure a free and fair election if someone like the woman is involved.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by everythinggirly(f): 6:46am On Mar 21, 2023
Woman of substance. I love the fact that despite her success story she still maintained her mode of dressing. Bless her soul.

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by OneCandleAway(f): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2023
seunmsg:
Having a good CV is not enough to win election in Nigeria. Tinubu has a far better CV than Peter Obi but Igbos still rejected him. Sanwo-Olu has a far better CV What Han Chinedu, he’s even the best performing governor in the last four years. Yet, Igbos prefer an inexperienced and Yoruba hating kid called Chinedu over Sanwo-Olu.

So you see, it’s not about CV but regional interest and national unity. A candidate that can’t convince majority of interest groups in Nigeria that they will be protected under him or her can’t be president. The Peter Obi fiasco should have thought you guys a lesson in national politics.

All lagos governor are best performing compared to other states because they have access to a lot of funds. So much they are stealing seriously.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Lionstep: 7:23am On Mar 21, 2023
Contesting in already failed state like Nigeria is a totally wast of time because you won't even do much if you by any chance win, if you're expecting thiefnunbu to do magic you're deluded because his will be worse and all these hungry tout shouting Igbo this Igbo that will go back to their arm robbry codedle

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by highchief1: 7:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
I think the Igbo people still have a good shot at this presidency of a thing if they can field a candidate like Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
With her vast knowledge of economies and her experience at the world stage, we can be certain she has all it takes. Wikipedia currently quotes her age to be 69 which makes her much younger than the incumbent president.
She is known for her neutral stance in ethno-religious commentaries and she has worked with several Nigerian presidents and world leaders.
In my opinion, most Nigerians will vote for this woman if she ever runs for office.
she cannot win.politics is local we don’t value her here.she has not contributed her quota locally.life is not all about snapping pics with oyibo ppl and accumulating awards.In ogwashi uku where she comes from she will lose.it’s is tinubu we want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:34am On Mar 21, 2023
We won't vote for her grin no to igbo presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by highchief1: 7:35am On Mar 21, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin

Nigerian politics is dirty and brutal. Can she handle it? Abi you think because na woman they will be soft with her? Go and follow the bitterness going on in Adamawa between Fintiri and Binani. By the way, have you heard from Aisha Yesufu, where is she?
aisha scam Peter obi and obidents she Dey yankee now Dey enjoy.Where is Pat utomi,where is doyin okupe.OBIDIENT movement was a tourist opportunity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by caleboxylic: 7:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

God punish you. Why do you want a competent Igbo to repair Nigeria for you? We will give you Nigerians okorocha that you lots deserve.
Stop writing about Igbo or whatever opinion you have about us should die with you.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by StJasper(m): 8:02am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

She can win if she does the following:

1. Shun tribal card.

2. Do away with religious card.

3. Let political bigwigs from other regions promote her.

4. Run on a platform of a party that has nationwide acceptance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Earthstorms(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2023
caleboxylic:

God punish you. Why do you want a competent Igbo to repair Nigeria for you? We will give you Nigerians okorocha that you lots deserve.
Stop writing about Igbo or whatever opinion you have about us should die with you.

Okorocha for president 2027 grin grin grin

He is already in the ruling party, he has "experience"
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Godspikin: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

It still boils down to one thing, ability to make solid alliances with other regions. The igbos must not make it appear they are all she needs to win.

Also she must not make her campaign to be about religion just as Obi was going from church to church. Nigeria is a country of pagans, traditional worshippers, christians, muslims, animists, atheists and some that don't even have a classification even though Nigeria is a country of Muslims and christians just for the sake of filling forms.

She is loved no doubt. I mean I for one would vote for her but she must be able to have foot soldiers in the Northern part of the country. Strong politicians, particularly the state governors because the party structure at that level is built around them.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by steeltrust: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2023
spearman:
NOI is not Ibo. She is Anioma Niger Delta. She married Ibo and claims Ibo for political expediency. She can only be president of OSU Biafra.
you’re really mad

How can you say aniomas re not Igbo

So the Chukwudi and emaka they answer are from jos abi

Many of you on this forum are just full of hate
And I really don’t know why
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Godspikin: 8:38am On Mar 21, 2023
StJasper:

She can win if she does the following:

1. Shun tribal card.

2. Do away with religious card.

3. Let political bigwigs from other regions promote her.

4. Run on a platform of a party that has nationwide acceptance.

100%

You just described all the factors that led to Obi's loss.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by mrvitalis(m): 8:41am On Mar 21, 2023
yemmit90:

Igbos should leave labour party that has national appeal and move to APGA that you can brand Biafra party ?

We are building a new party labour should PDP want to negotiate they know what to do
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by franchasofficia: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
Peter Obi already won in 2023, but it was jointly rigged by a collaboration of Buhari's Presidency, INEC, APC Governors and the Police. Tinubu have little influence in the last Presidential election, he was just lucky to be the APC flagbearer and beneficiary of the most glaring election rigging.

So no need for Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to try cos Obi tried, won landslide but got rigged out by incumbent President and other state actors.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by eventainment(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Hate filled people.

actually she can win in a place or environment where the masses have sense and truly want changes
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Couldntfigurean: 9:49am On Mar 21, 2023
The same way they were praising and hailing Peter Obi
But Peter immediately became IPOB when he came out to contest

If NOI comes out tomorrow,they will remember she was a nurse in Biafra and blame UGM on her

Abeg let’s forget Nigeria for now
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by tyboy(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2023
I will personally support her. I wish the Igbo's gave us this woman for presidency. She got all what it takes to lead a nation
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by WantsandMore: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
I can't wait to see Opposition Research on her if she decides to run, will her mails & correspondence be as bad as Hillary's? Perhaps better....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Edo Commissioner, Andrew Emwanta Dumps APC Over Governorship Primary / The Nigerian Who Built A Car / Wizkid Blast Jonathan On Twitter....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.