Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. (6839 Views)

Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person / Obi: ‘This Is Embarrassing’ – Mr Macaroni Knocks Keyamo For Spreading Fake News / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by artworks1: 10:50am On Mar 21, 2023
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Peterobifailed: 11:03am On Mar 21, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Have we not learned? The county is rigged against the Igbo. Let this hellhole burn.
Nigeria will not burn afganeastern will continue burning do you think that Ibrahim and segun will vote for obi only emeka will vote for obi some dolapos voted for him this year but they will be wiser come 2027
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
I think the Igbo people still have a good shot at this presidency of a thing if they can field a candidate like Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
With her vast knowledge of economies and her experience at the world stage, we can be certain she has all it takes. Wikipedia currently quotes her age to be 69 which makes her much younger than the incumbent president.
She is known for her neutral stance in ethno-religious commentaries and she has worked with several Nigerian presidents and world leaders.
In my opinion, most Nigerians will vote for this woman if she ever runs for office.

So you will only support a candidate that is heebo or partly heebo ?

So much for your anti tribalism
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Ceoangelcee: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2023
caleboxylic:

God punish you. Why do you want a competent Igbo to repair Nigeria for you? We will give you Nigerians okorocha that you lots deserve.
Stop writing about Igbo or whatever opinion you have about us should die with you.
See how sensible people replied... But see how you betrayed yourself and exposed your gullibility. This Tinubu thing pain you no be small ooo....ode
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by ednut1(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:
I think the Igbo people still have a good shot at this presidency of a thing if they can field a candidate like Prof. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
With her vast knowledge of economies and her experience at the world stage, we can be certain she has all it takes. Wikipedia currently quotes her age to be 69 which makes her much younger than the incumbent president.
She is known for her neutral stance in ethno-religious commentaries and she has worked with several Nigerian presidents and world leaders.
In my opinion, most Nigerians will vote for this woman if she ever runs for office.
the average northern voter don’t know here. The people in rural areas in many parts of Nigerian don’t know her too.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Ceoangelcee: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

So you will only support a candidate that is heebo or partly heebo ?

So much for your anti tribalism
Nah...baba Omo Yoruba ni mi cheesy
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by caleboxylic: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

See how sensible people replied... But see how you betrayed yourself and exposed your gullibility. This Tinubu thing pain you no be small ooo....ode

I have no business with Tinubu or anybody. Stop writing about the great Igbo tribe. Stop discussing about Igbo nation as you aren't part of us. Hope it's not hard for you
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by jumobi1(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2023
Absolutely not. If she ran instead of Obi, she would have lost and people would say she isn’t a seasoned politician. People would say she doesn’t live in Nigeria. People would say power isn’t given to you, you have to negotiate or earn it or fight for it and grab it etc. She would also struggle to secure a stronger VP than Datti. Nigerians come up with excuses to suffer.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Tobijays: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Have we not learned? The county is rigged against the Igbo. Let this hellhole burn.
onitsha main market is burning rn! The hell hole is burning fools
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by HNICEARTH: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
You want them to label her IPOB.
As a minister under GEJ, they called her IPOB, incompetent, and later compared her to that fake NYSC certificate merchant.
Now that she is heading WTO, they've all warmed up to her, referring to her as a true nigerian.

The hate against her is still there, bottled up, and eating them up slowly. unfortunately they cant do shit to her!
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by wingmanIII: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
spearman:
NOI is not Ibo. She is Anioma Niger Delta. She married Ibo and claims Ibo for political expediency. She can only be president of OSU Biafra.
She has always unapologetically claimed her Igbo identity.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by amuwo1980: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
They have come again , same control and manipulation, don’t worry about Igbo ppl, we don’t need ur advice , thiefunbu will soon remove fuel subsidy and hunger will kill u in particular, thiefunbu is only interested in his friends and family , u no follow oh , there is no different bread price for different tribes , na same oh
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mindlog:

If she identifies herself as Igbo, what will you say?

Someone who uses the term "OSU Biafra" should not be taken seriously. I am willing to bet he won't even vote Wike or Akpabio because he sees them as Igbo, even though they don't identify as Igbo (Wike) or is not Igbo (Akapbio).
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

Peter Obi was the best chance Igbo man had to become president. Still, he did not win as I predicted earlier because an Igbo man cannot win a national election in Nigeria. Anyone who has read Nigeria's history dating to 1930/1940 would understand it is easier for Trump to marry a black woman than for an Igbo man to become president. Then to Okonjo, she too, cannot win because she is Igbo and a woman. Northern Muslims in Adamawa and Taraba are always complaining why should a woman become the governor, yet you expect them to vote for an Igbo woman?

Anyway, I am glad this election has taught naive, deluded, newbie, ignorant and stubborn young Igbos how Nigeria works. For some of us, we learnt it since 2011 and mainly in 2015. Mind you, Jonathan is not an Igbo man, but he was treated as one. We have known Nigeria for what she is rather than what we think it should be.

So, I say, welcome to the club. cool
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
steeltrust:
you’re really mad

How can you say aniomas re not Igbo

So the Chukwudi and emaka they answer are from jos abi

Many of you on this forum are just full of hate
And I really don’t know why

Learn Nigeria for what she is rather than what you think it should be. The same applies to Nigerians.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by BabaRamota1980: 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
highchief1:
aisha scam Peter obi and obidents she Dey yankee now Dey enjoy.Where is Pat utomi,where is doyin okupe.OBIDIENT movement was a tourist opportunity.

Okupe don parapo with Abiodun dey welcome investors to Ogun State fast fast. grin grin
Aisha will return to bring back our girls, and Utomi is seeking ways for his wife to join with incoming First Lady for some project he wan champion for Delta.

Awon alakoba! grin
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Mindlog: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

Someone who uses the term "OSU Biafra" should not be taken seriously. I am willing to bet he won't even vote Wike or Akpabio because he sees them as Igbo, even though they don't identify as Igbo (Wike) or is not Igbo (Akapbio).

That limited sense of Nigeria's diversity is historical as I remember way back in primary one, a classmate of mine who is from Adikpo in Benue State is still till this day called "omo ibo" despite years of trying to explain to them, he isn't igbo.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by CSTRR: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
Do you know before 2023, everybody swore that peter obi is the best man for president.

When he was giving his speeches in the platform program, many people liked him.

When he decided to walk the talk, and run for office that is when they remembered that he was Igbo.

If NOI run today, the same people that voted against peter obi will vote against her.

They even hate her already more than they hate him.

She is not in the FG right now, that is why the voices against her have gone silent.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by buharitill2023: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
I wish she would run for president.🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿
But in 8 years time, she will be too old to deal with Nigeria’s problems.
even at present, she look other than tinubu,
Next 8yrs she will be 77
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Owologbo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

you can only deceive the uninformed/ignorant ones.
If this woman comes out to contest against FFK, the tribalistic ones will call her names worse than that of the devil.

From now onward, the Igbos should put their region first in everything they are doing.
Instead of building mansions, market/businesses and companies in another man's region, go home and build your region. Forget whatever profit you will make if you build in other regions; manage the small gain you will make in building your region.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by eyinjuege: 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

Peter Obi was the best chance Igbo man had to become president. Still, he did not win as I predicted earlier because an Igbo man cannot win a national election in Nigeria. Anyone who has read Nigeria's history dating to 1930/1940 would understand it is easier for Trump to marry a black woman than for an Igbo man to become president. Then to Okonjo, she too, cannot win because she is Igbo and a woman. Northern Muslims in Adamawa and Taraba are always complaining why should a woman become the governor, yet you expect them to vote for an Igbo woman?

Anyway, I am glad this election has taught naive, deluded, newbie, ignorant and stubborn young Igbos how Nigeria works. For some of us, we learnt it since 2011 and mainly in 2015. Mind you, Jonathan is not an Igbo man, but he was treated as one. We have known Nigeria for what she is rather than what we think it should be.

So, I say, welcome to the club. cool

All you think is a disadvantage to her may actually work in her favour.
It may actually be easier to trust an Igbo woman than a man. Women generally appear more trustworthy than men ( this is no shade or gender war, pls before NL warriors start)
She is a well established woman, acknowledged internationally so it will be difficult for her opposition to use any ashewo/olosho propaganda on her ( which is the one sure way our men try to discredit their women's achievements). Everyone knows she is deserving of all her achievements
She also looks soft and gentle. She will appear to be a walkover for the cabals, so it would be easier for them to support her thinking they can easily control her.
She can actually win the North over if she has supporters they respect on her side. She tried under Jonathan.
But all in all, she doesn't look like someone interested in politics.
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by Ojiofor: 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ceoangelcee:

While Yoruba ended up giving Nigeria a sick old convicted drug dealer and election rigger as their most qualified candidate.Tua
Re: Opinion: Forget Obi This Igbo Woman Will Win Any Election In Nigeria. by AnyanwuSilas: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2023
spearman:
NOI is not Ibo. She is Anioma Niger Delta. She married Ibo and claims Ibo for political expediency. She can only be president of OSU Biafra.

Is Anioma or Niger Delta an ethnic group?

His father was even Obi of Ogwashi-Uku

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Senate Votes To Empower Vice President / Lagos Denies Terminating Lekki-epe Highway Concession Deal / Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.