Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

How Do I Get Over This Job Loss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get Over This Job Loss (19173 Views)

Job Loss / How To Insure Your Salary Against Job Loss / Job Loss, Unemployment Rate Reached 23.1% In June β€” Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by doughziay: 11:35am On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
My friend has a job offer
At ikeja lagos
A computer literate though

Can you link me Up?
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by willibounce1(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2023
Sorry about the job loss. If you follow this advise you have 95% chance.

If you are on twitter, go and change your dp to LP or Peter adaobi. Lie that you lost your job because you supported LP. Just cook up a sweet lie. I can assure you'll either get a new job or get donations. Don't ask me how. Just try it.

It sounds ridiculous but ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by KanwuliaExtra: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2023
Very normal. . . .
You must pick up yourself and double your efforts.
It serves as a humbling experience always.
It only makes you a better worker.
Good luck.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by seandurse(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
You go pray. And the job owner might even be more religious than you're but doesn't joke with his work. This you should learn before taken any job. No dey hang misbehaviour on serving God. Na all of us get God but work when it necessary. Faith without work they say...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by coputa(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.
go out and look for something doing immediately ,if you stay at home thinking, things will get worse.go out and do something,go out.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nairanation2: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Do u mind sharing d details of ur friend? I or better still d mail pls.
Mastakija:
At ikeja lagos
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Isabi4lov: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.

Pls brace up and look beyond your depression , I can actually relate , it's not easy loosing ones job.

God will open ways for us all.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by faceLAGOS: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Go back to pray & ask the entity you prayed to for another job or reinstatement at your former job.

I don’t like or pity religious people.

They are not serious & they are hypocrites.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Isabi4lov: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2023
I also need a job , I know that God will open doors of opportunities for me πŸ™
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by id4sho(m): 11:40am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

If you have a car, start e-hailing immediately i.e Bolt, Uber, indriver, Rida while you search for another job. Try to be professional in your next job. Religion is personal
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2023
fupohed:
We've all lost one job or the other in life......but guess what? Life goes on, infact we ended up getting a better one. so no need to drive yourself into depression.
that was then not now.even if you finds the pay cannot take care of one person.nigeria is not a country to rise a family.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Acsm(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2023
Honestly we all need to set our priorities right, imagine you being the boss and you got to know your staff has neglected his/her duty for prayers… Doing the right thing at the wrong and inappropriate time cost you and many of us alot, I pray you get back to your feet soon. But its a lesson to us all

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by coputa(m): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

prayers without work is death.prayers won't take you anywhere but work do,God likes work.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Berankis: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Still you are not being completely honest with the truth. Is it just going for pray or going for prayer at work hours/office hours?
Let's be more reasonable and less sentimental in this country. Na wetin dey kill us - "religiousity".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by geunik(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2023
Jennyclay:
This is why I will always choose ALREADY MADE man over a STRUGGLING BROKE man.

Now, how will this man take good care of his wife and children? Nawa o undecided

May God Help you struggling men oo
He was already made but lost it all
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Josbreed: 11:46am On Mar 21, 2023
I stayed at home for 10 months after I lost my high paying job. I was strong, I refused any depression to take over my mind. Now I am managing a job that is not even paying β…“ of my previous salary. But I am alright. Be strong while you search for another.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by aikyg(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2023
Losing a job is not a reflection of your worth as a person or your abilities as a professional. With the right mindset and strategy, you can bounce back and find a new job that is a great fit for you. Here's what to do:

1, Take some time to process your emotions. You need time to grieve, talk to loved ones, and practice self-care.

2, Evaluate your finances. This will help you understand your financial situation and create a budget that allows you to manage your expenses while you search for a new job.

3, Update your CV and cover letter. Pay attention to tailoring them to the job you're applying for and making sure that your relevant skills and experiences are highlighted.

4, Begin to network by reaching out to colleagues, former bosses, and other professionals in your industry. Let them know you're looking for a job. You should also attend industry events, job fairs, and other networking opportunities to meet new people and expand your network.

5, Pick up temporary or freelance work that are naturally beneath you. This will help you stay financially afloat while you search for a new job, and it can also provide valuable experience and skills to add to your resume.

6, Brush up on your interviewing skills by practising with a friend or family member, or by seeking feedback from a career coach or mentor, to boost your confidence.

7, Stay positive and persistent. Don't allow rejections or setbacks discourage you. instead, keep putting yourself out there until you find the right job for you.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by webosky: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
At ikeja lagos

What is the job role?
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by charlesdinho7(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2023
Failure2019:
Join the army
i love this your comment. i am a graduate for 2 years now AND NO JOB. i am thinking of keeping my degree aside and join the military. i will apply for the current 85rri. no be must say person go get job with his/her degree cert.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Savechild23: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2023
Pray
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Skillsnigeria: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by dapolaw(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2023
Become a prayer warrior immediately

Belawy:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Tiffanydre(m): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2023
Pls i need a job also, give more details, let me try my luck also
Mastakija:
My friend has a job offer At ikeja lagos A computer literate though
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by yahoodetector: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Next time, learn to put your meal ticket first before religion.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by yahoodetector: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2023
charlesdinho7:

i love this your comment. i am a graduate for 2 years now AND NO JOB. i am thinking of keeping my degree aside and join the military. i will apply for the current 85rri. no be must say person go get job with his/her degree cert.

I will closely follow you so that after like 2 years from your recruitment, you will tell me your daily feeding routine of Agbado, Cassava and Corn.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by EgunMogaji2: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2023
OmidheBlessing:
You didn't tell the whole story, you told the part that buys you sympathy.

How often have you been leaving your job to go for prayer?

You allowed your faith to come in between your job?

You have the weekend to go to prayers all you want, but not skipping job to go pray.

Good luck with another job , but separate your job from prayer activity during the week.

God works and only rested after he was done.

Jesus go about working the business of his father but only returns to prayer after the day's work.

Wishing you a better opportunity but keep it with a good work ethic

My sentiments exactly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by valarinz: 11:53am On Mar 21, 2023
Jennyclay:
This is why I will always choose ALREADY MADE man over a STRUGGLING BROKE man.

Now, how will this man take good care of his wife and children? Nawa o undecided

May God Help you struggling men oo

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Each time I see your goading and badgering here I can't help but join you in having a back seat and wait for them to bite hook, line and sinker grin

Have your fun sis, life is short πŸ˜…
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Chetas81(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

WHY DON'T YOU REMAIN IN PRAYER HOUSE πŸ“πŸ¦˜πŸŽ AFRICAN CITIZENS WAS CREATED ON IGNORANT

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by umuihe(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

I will advice you moderate your posts on social media. You seem to be a tribalist and bigot judging from your Nairaland messages. Any employer that sees these posts would fire you at the slightest error from you.

It is just a friendly advce.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by tellwisdom: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2023
Pray more- miracle no de tire Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Development Bank Of Nigeria Completes First Recruitment, Set To Take Off / Access Bank Plc Nationwide Graduate Internship Programme - 7th Nov, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.