Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

How Do I Get Over This Job Loss - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get Over This Job Loss (19174 Views)

Job Loss / How To Insure Your Salary Against Job Loss / Job Loss, Unemployment Rate Reached 23.1% In June — Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by longifilis(m): 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
Jennyclay:
This is why I will always choose ALREADY MADE man over a STRUGGLING BROKE man.

Now, how will this man take good care of his wife and children? Nawa o undecided

May God Help you struggling men oo

Being broke is temporal

Being poor is eternal
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by doneyor(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
As long as you went for prayer, God can never leave you at this trying time . What is coming will be bigger in Jesus name,amen

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by lomprico(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.

Pray for another job, prayer warrior!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nnamaka1: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.

Am confused with your story ooo, Why are you going into depression na? If truly the God you went for Prayer to is real and he acknowledges you, He shall surely protects you and give you a better Job. But if you were just being stupidly religious by going for prayer while you are suppose to be at work, then you are on your own oooo.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Segzy19: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
What really happened?

Went for prayers when?
During company time?
The normal accepted Friday Muslim prayers?

Well, whatever it is I believe you have learned.
May God give you another one soon.... I pray you get something better soon
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Belawy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Pls bro I stay in ketu 08108177884 is my no. I'm ready to start something to keep me busy
OhiOfIhima:

I hope the poster can take the job but we need to consider location, in that case, I am vr close to computer village, I stay at Mangoro, close to Kogi garage.
Pls, let's talk.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by CXLVII: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Learn from your mistakes, be hopeful and keep applying.

Next time, don’t go for prayers while working. If everybody goes for prayers, the company will collapse in a matter of time. You are not the most religious person in the company.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Pilopher: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
My friend has a job offer
At ikeja lagos
A computer literate though

Am interested
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Belawy(m): 1:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
I've letter he signed
Berankis:

Still you are not being completely honest with the truth. Is it just going for pray or going for prayer at work hours/office hours?
Let's be more reasonable and less sentimental in this country. Na wetin dey kill us - "religiousity".
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by SouthernPlateau: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Start Kerosine and recharge card business
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by IAMBOSS1990: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
charlesdinho7:

i love this your comment. i am a graduate for 2 years now AND NO JOB. i am thinking of keeping my degree aside and join the military. i will apply for the current 85rri. no be must say person go get job with his/her degree cert.
Link to the job please.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Darkmode64: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
At ikeja lagos
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Darkmode64: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
At ikeja lagos
Hello. Are there other requirements for this offer? How can do get in touch. Thanks
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Asour: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
LagosG:
Pele. If everyone left their post to go and pray anytime they wished, would the organization function? Even Aso Rock that has a chapel and mosque have those spaces closed and only opened at the appropriate time. If you're Muslim and have to pray 5 times daily, I advise you adjust.

This should inspire you to embrace entrepreneurship where only you can sack yourself. If you become an employee again tomorrow, next tomorrow, they can fire your silly ass again.

Good luck

And entrepreneur is also 'bossed' by his customers!
No one is without reins in this world.

Employees are also important too. One just has to be a little untethered too.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

sadly you took a decision and should now stand by the consequences of your actions. didnt you think about that before deciding to put your religion above your job duties? hopefully now you can reflect on your actions and go pray for your religion to help your family...
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by davidadenrele: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Brotherly,

Sorry about your job loss, it's not the end of the world pick up yourself and forge ahead winners don't quit, quitters don't win aside your last job which other job can you do as in the mean time while you are scouting for something worth your worth time that enable you to get back to life.

The country is hard you definitely wouldn't want to be a liability on anyone you have to be real to yourself if you don't want to fall into depression pro max you have to improvise even if is working where they will pay 20/30k to survive at least for now don't give up your miracle is on the way God will see you through be prayerful.
All the best.

Belawy:

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by dotun4luv(m): 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
cornelin:

How does one go about this bro. I have a young channel

There are no hidden tricks sir. Keyword in the title, mention the keyword in the first few lines [IF] it's not voiceless videos, use tags, use vidQ extension to see is trending on other channels sand give it time to grow.

NB: Let your video be educative to harness more subscribers.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by dotun4luv(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Love800:
Can one start a youtube just talking abt sports, like saying tins u love abt sport but not really educating anyone abt it. Just to have fun with it.

Can u still call dat vlogging?

because people are telling me blogging/vlogging should be abt educating or teaching someone something in a niche of ur choice.

It only has to be what you think you can handle. There are people who love fun too. But even at that it can still be educative
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by LeyeWrites: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Are you a Muslim?
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by bigiyaro(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
Simply pray yourself into another job.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by zakkxx: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Oga u no go pray for house? Na work u come do no be prayer. U get full weekend to pray at home, e no do u, u come they pray for office. Oga u go get sense next time. No worry God will provide another Job for you.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by GboyegaD(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
That's is the story bro. It was even an off day for me. The Director sent his PA that I should see him in his office but the PA was told I just set out to pray

If it is an off day, get a lawyer to take up your case and pursue justice at the Federal Industrial Court.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Anonymoususher: 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Losing that job could be answers to the prayers you went for. Sometimes salary blinds you from the numerous opportunities that abounds around you.

Imagine yourself staying tied in one building 8-5 everyday and you don't grow neither do you know what's happening around.

Most office workers don't even have any business idea that's why they are the first to fall for ponzi schemes because they don't have time for themselves so they easily fall for anything that will make money work for them.

Let me tell you a bit about myself.

After graduation, I worked as a teacher earning 47k monthly. My family and everyone depended on that money. Infact my life was on it, I was so scared of losing my job.

After two years earning was increased to just 61k. I couldn't live outside the salary but something happened.

In 2020 during covid lockdown, you know teachers were affected most. I stayed at home doing online lesson and salary dropped from 60k to 40k to 30k to 10k until the school decided that they can no longer pay salaries.

My fears had come to pass. No salary, how do I survive? How will my mom and siblings survive? With lack of salary my eyes opened to opportunities and I started marketing people's goods.

I would go-to markets, take pictures and market, sellers give their price and I will add my price and market. I marketed anything sellable online, from phones, to fridge, to TV etc.
Gradually I began to make little sales with profit of 4k, 5k, 10k etc. Gradually I began making my salary.

Fast forward to when covid madness was over, they called us back but I told my family to buckle up that I was about to drop a resignation letter. If I could survive those months without salary then it wasn't the salary that has been sustaining me.

My mom and siblings everyone adjusted and i went out to continue with my hustle.

Fast forward to today, my colleagues that I left in that school are still earning 75k but that amount sometimes I make that profit in a day, many atimes in a week (though there are bad weeks and months sha).

I have three cars out there for e-hailing with people driving and giving remittance of 25k weekly each, I have two POS stands, I have two plots of lands and I have been able to rent a good house for myself and left mama's house for good.

I tell people this story so they can open their eyes and see sack letters as a blessing in disguise.

If your job is not paying you enough to make you live large then you shouldn't die cos of a sack letter.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
You should be happy now. You now have all d time to go for your prayers.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Munzy14(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Your Job puts food on your table.

Whatever puts food on your table, is the savior you see..You dont joke with it.

There is time for everything..you are passing through a phase called consequences of your actions.

Learn your lessons and move on..dont go sit crying..it wont help matters.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by yahaya1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
LagosG:
Pele. If everyone left their post to go and pray anytime they wished, would the organization function? Even Aso Rock that has a chapel and mosque have those spaces closed and only opened at the appropriate time. If you're Muslim and have to pray 5 times daily, I advise you adjust.

This should inspire you to embrace entrepreneurship where only you can sack yourself. If you become an employee again tomorrow, next tomorrow, they can fire your silly ass again.

Good luck

If you are a Muslim and your job do not allow you to observe your five daily prayer, you must look or a way to quit. Your spiritual life is also very important and far ahead of your worldly benefit.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by HomeTutorsPro: 2:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Why not continue praying.
Or has your faith dried up?
Remember God has a reason for everything.
Just continue to pray, praise and thank him for making you jobless.
God's time is the best.
Don't be weary child of God.
For in due time, God will answer your prayer.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Love800(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Tankz alot
dotun4luv:

It only has to be what you think you can handle. There are people who love fun too. But even at that it can still be educative
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Relixy2k: 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
So struggling women are exempted, it is only a man that must be rich but women are allowed to be gold diggers looking for already made man. Why can't you too be an already made woman if it is so easy to be already made in Nigeria.
Jennyclay:
This is why I will always choose ALREADY MADE man over a STRUGGLING BROKE man.

Now, how will this man take good care of his wife and children? Nawa o undecided

May God Help you struggling men oo
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by buhariPLEASEdie: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mastakija:
At ikeja lagos

Pls.... can u connect me to your friend lost my job 2months ago.......

I stay so close to ikeja.........
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by ogbenimax007: 3:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
dotun4luv:
Pick up your passion and start a YouTube channel on it. It only needs 6 months of commitment and you will forget where you started from.
please tell me how to go about it
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Belawy(m): 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Yes bro!
yahaya1:

If you are a Muslim and your job do not allow you to observe your five daily prayer, you must look or a way to quit. Your spiritual life is also very important and far ahead of your worldly benefit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Development Bank Of Nigeria Completes First Recruitment, Set To Take Off / Access Bank Plc Nationwide Graduate Internship Programme - 7th Nov, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.