Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, (25573 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:07am On May 28, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
From ages 10 and above, children should not be spanked.

1. Children are prone to disobedient behaviors and are not fully developed cognitively to understand consequences of their actions.
Spanking children under 10 should be avoided and used only as a last resort for correcting bad behavior.

2. Children above 10 are naturally stubborn and will become immune to spanking having received spankings for the first 10 years of their lives.
They actually brace themselves for the spankings and damn the consequences.

3. Spanking should be stopped entirely when a child reaches teenage years. At this rebellious stage, you should be ready for WAR! Spanking is never the answer.

You constantly have to battle between trying to protect your young children and throwing in the towel. Many families have opted for sending their children to boarding schools or abroad to pass off the responsibilty to others to save the situation.

i thought i were going to share the alternative

As someone who grown up in africa and from an average family, average i mean without toys

and then moved to the west in my very late 20s
i have observed few things that can be used as alternative

In africa, deny the child to go play with others and explain the basic of action and consequences (the problem with most african parent we assume that kids have good memory in remembering do and donts) not realising thats kids are kids they quickly forget hence u beat him/her now 5mins later i can quickly bribe him/her with cuddle and they forget about the beating, my point there is a certain age they repeat the same mistake over and over nomatter how many times you have spoke to them about it.

For those with toys and gadgets take those away as punishment eh play station the mobile phone etc, if the tv is connected to cable tv disconnect

Take away things that they love

For me my time, mu gadget was a brick, push it imagining that it is a bus the disdavantage with our parents was they could take away the brick, i could always find another one, but being stopped from playing with others was a killer

Todays kids take away access to being online or those gadgets but we shouldnt reward them for things that there supposed to do as part of learning responsibility eg washing, cooking cleaning etc

2 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 6:00pm On May 28, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i thought i were going to share the alternative

As someone who grown up in africa and from an average family, average i mean without toys

and then moved to the west in my very late 20s
i have observed few things that can be used as alternative

In africa, deny the child to go play with others and explain the basic of action and consequences (the problem with most african parent we assume that kids have good memory in remembering do and donts) not realising thats kids are kids they quickly forget hence u beat him/her now 5mins later i can quickly bribe him/her with cuddle and they forget about the beating, my point there is a certain age they repeat the same mistake over and over nomatter how many times you have spoke to them about it.

For those with toys and gadgets take those away as punishment eh play station the mobile phone etc, if the tv is connected to cable tv disconnect

Take away things that they love

For me my time, mu gadget was a brick, push it imagining that it is a bus the disdavantage with our parents was they could take away the brick, i could always find another one, but being stopped from playing with others was a killer

Todays kids take away access to being online or those gadgets but we shouldnt reward them for things that there supposed to do as part of learning responsibility eg washing, cooking cleaning etc

Absolutely.
But taking away gadgets and access to the internet is so short-lived too.
I have found that they will have access to other gadgets from their friends. . .and as long as your modem is visible to anyone, your router can be reset and boom!. . . they are back online.

I have found so many gadgets I did not purchace in my home. They will find new ones.
At the end of the day, I just enter my room jeje and go mind my business.

Me sef don taya! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:36pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o!
So we can know where to start before I am taken unawares.
I can’t wait for these last 2 to getat of my house. grin
Then u gonna b Iya ndagbe (home alone)
Na that time u go miss their presence

3 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Gooooooood!
Nitey-Nitey!🌹

Somebarry collect 100 strokes today for keeping food in the room.βœ…

The one sleeping on the floor ke!
The one that hides food under the bed,πŸ™„
The only items in the room are BEDS. Easy to do quick search.βœ…

The only place with privacy in this house is the bathrooms where they shower.βœ…

Till 7AM! 9 hours sleep is A MUST.βœ…
I'm sure those two can't wait to leave that house..
Na military zone dem dey. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:44pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Children can be FILTHY!😑😑😑
Not in this house o. I will NEVER tolerate that-
I do not wanno smell any armpits or butts in this house. Must shower 2 times DAILY.βœ…

Things I have found while doing a random bust.
The last picture be like ponmo inside the plastic

1 Like

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Time for WAR!!!!!!

More THRASSSSSH found in the bedroom.πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Seems yr major war is kick against keeping trash in the bedroom.
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Keeping them busy! kiss
School is over. . . Time for SUMMER CAMP!

Week 1. . . . Movies and Andretti Kart Racing camp!

Money go burn die!!!!

Choose exclusive XTREME theaters please! Not jam-packed theaters with lots of crowds!❀️

See the yeye oyinbo pipo dey squeeze face and eyes like Lamidi ApapaRABAMBI dem!πŸ˜†
No mind the oyinbo ooo. Na so dem dey do.
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o my sister! It is gonna be one expensive summer.

Week 2 : The Walker School of Economic Planning.βœ…

Week 3: YMCA leadership camp.βœ…
Week 4 & 5: Residential boarding camp! 2 GOOD WEEKS OUT OF MY HOUSE! Yaaaaaaay. Dem nor go see me, I nor go see dem SAM-SAM!πŸ‘
Week 6: Fitness BOOT CAMP!
Week 7 & 8. . . UK/Nigeria here we come!πŸŽ‰

Price TAG? Not for the faint-hearted like mine!😞

Thank God for TAX-RETURN CHECK!πŸ™πŸ½

Week 9: BACK TO SCHOOL!❀️
COVID is over, everywhere is super open.βœ…
Longest time.
Good to see ya!❀️
I'm sure dem kids can't wait to go to boarding camp
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes ooooo celebrating anoda doctor in the making . . . . Congrats to the newest EMORY MEDICAL DOCTOR WITH FULL SCHOLARSHIP!!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

This is how we do it!

Memories are for ever!!!!
Take your children to SEE, HEAR, TOUCH AND SMELL SUCCESS ALWAYS. . . . In the family!!!!πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
All these hair these boys them keep so.. if na naija here... na compulsory barbing na Nigerian parent go insist on n say na bad pikin dey keep hair.

2 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by ghettochild(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely.
But taking away gadgets and access to the internet is so short-lived too.
I have found that they will have access to other gadgets from their friends. . .and as long as your modem is visible to anyone, your router can be reset and boom!. . . they are back online.

I have found so many gadgets I did not purchace in my home. They will find new ones.
At the end of the day, I just enter my room jeje and go mind my business.

Me sef don taya! cheesy

Haa haa u finally give up on this internet fight..
They won this round.
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 12:49am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

Haa haa u finally give up on this internet fight..
They won this round.

I concur totally!
I nor fit catch stroke abegggggiπŸ˜†
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 12:51am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

All these hair these boys them keep so.. if na naija here... na compulsory barbing na Nigerian parent go insist on n say na bad pikin dey keep hair.

They are soooooo cute!!!!
Naija na bush man country ke!
I love to men with locs!
Not dreads o. LOCS only.
Soooo sexy!!!😍

See 18 year old MEDICAL DOCTOR with locs.❀️

In fact all the dudes in the family have locs or FRO! πŸ‘

See AWA HANDSOME NIGERIAN-AMERICAN DUDES ABEGGGI!
My little chics know they have handsome, intelligent cousins ke! Any attempt to bring a β€œTRASH-DUDE” into the family . . . The dudes are waiting to have a goooooood laff!πŸ˜†

1 Like

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 12:53am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

I'm sure dem kids can't wait to go to boarding camp

Me toooo!
I don pack all dem suitcases and β€œessentials” kpa kpa! Goooood RIDDDDDANCE!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 12:54am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

No mind the oyinbo ooo. Na so dem dey do.

Na only dem waka come?πŸ™„
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by 1Sharon(f): 12:54am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

Some of them even insist girls must shave their hair. It's self-hatred.

Our hair is not a burden.

3 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 12:55am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

Seems yr major war is kick against keeping trash in the bedroom.

That is ehn? I can’t STAND it!😑
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 1:01am On May 30, 2023
ghettochild:

Then u gonna b Iya ndagbe (home alone)
Na that time u go miss their presence

I have my man abeg! cool
When dem born, make dem call me.βœ…

Right now, we gat nothing to talk about,😘
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 1:03am On May 30, 2023
Andretti camp continues.
All fun and games.❀️

Showing them the gooooood life!
No need to depend on ANY man or woman!😎

2 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by Hallotti: 2:06pm On May 30, 2023
Welcome to 2 -Day Money Camp❀️
Can men invest time and money on children like this?

Lai lai! Too busy pursuing women, men and Bobriskies upandan!πŸ˜†

Thank God for my super-duper flexible schedule.πŸŽ‰

Don’t mind that nasty spermButtocks that hijacked my account!πŸ™„

As I was saying jooooor. . . .

Keep them busy! No time to get into mischief!

After Andretti yesterday, they were not looking forward to being in a class room to play β€œmoney games”!πŸ˜ƒ Dem don pack dem food and drinks jeje!βœ…

Introducing dem to better families and potential friends. . . . Not SOCIETY RIFF-RAFFS AND DREGS!

Now, back to work tomorrow !🌹
Enjoying my empty house for a few hours.

3 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2023
Keep them super BUSY!
Thank my Hagnostic Gad for a super flexible schedule!πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

I looooove MY DOG!!!!!πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏ

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2023
Camping list items!βœ…

Beta country toooooi goooooood!
Learn go enjoy life like the WHITE MAN. cool

1 Like

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2023
Happy camping ladies!❀️❀️❀️❀️
See you in 2 weeks!πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DALe1te3az4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8QBam9go8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8eP_FUbyw

2 Likes

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by sacajawea: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
Happy camping ladies!❀️❀️❀️❀️
See you in 2 weeks!πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DALe1te3az4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8QBam9go8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe8eP_FUbyw
Can we chill out sometime soon.. not even for anything
Just to chill out with you in person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
America THE BEAUTIFUL!!!!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

1 Like

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
sacajawea:

Can we chill out sometime soon.. not even for anything
Just to chill out with you in person

My online/offline chilling days are so over abeg. . . Just love to hang out with my family members I KNOW only. Not in a position to meet new people. Life is too good.❀️

Nice to chill wichooo all hia.βœ…
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by sacajawea: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

My online/offline chilling days are so over abeg. . . Just love to hang out with my family members I KNOW only. Not in a position to meet new people. Life is too good.❀️

Nice to chill wichooo all hia.βœ…
I will come back later, maybe when you are in a different mood
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by Jossyfine(f): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2023
Please, how old are your kids?

KanwuliaExtra:

Corrrrrect!

I will NEVER send dem to boarding school lai lai!

I go raid dem room carry dem phone for night.
OMO! Westin my eyes see dia ehn? shocked
Even me for dis age konnot compete!

I just confiscated ALL PHONES JEJE and removed them from my family plan.

Then they graduated to stealing discarded phones or borrowed discarded phones from their classmates to tap into my Wi-Fi shocked

APC - INEC C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S!!!! grin

Thank my Gad I am techno savvy!
I activated my parental control feature on my home network and disconnected ALL DEVICES I DID NOT RECOGNIZE.βœ… Dem weak!
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by KanwuliaExtra: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jossyfine:
Please, how old are your kids?

Shhhhh
Pedophiles are watching. . . .

1 Like

Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by Jossyfine(f): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
They can’t have access. I want to learn from your experiences.
KanwuliaExtra:

Shhhhh
Pedophiles are watching. . . .
Re: Alternatives To Spanking Children And Dealing With Rebellious Tweens And Teens, by kkins25(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
ahnie:
I tell you,it ain't easy.i have stopped spanking my kids,except in rare cases where my palm go just mistakenly moves.

What I do is talk,and talk,most times I would just ignore them completely and whistle.

Blackmailing them emotionally and citing references works on them better.
Talknojutsu!! Most of us hated Talknojutsu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abandoned 10-year-old Pupil Breaks Down After Ridicule From Schoolmates (pics) / What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.