Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking (66541 Views)

Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age / Alleged Organ Trafficking: Ekweremadu, Wife Risk Long Jail Term If Convicted / The Nation Confirms Senator Ekweremadu, Wife's Arrest, Arraignment In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by omonnakoda: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
A lot of misinformation
The UK have a safeguarding system to avoid abuse
Before the transplant procedure
The donor will undergo an interview
The young man did not speak very good English and the interview was conducted with an interpreter
The interviewer is a doctor his job is to establish that the donor understands what he is getting into as well as the risks and that he is doing so voluntarily
Additionally after donating a kidney the donor would need healthcare cover. FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE
That would be free for a UK resident and could cost thousands a year especially if complications arise. E.g if his one remaining kidney failed he would need dialysis and a transplant.. The UK Will not pay for that so who will? Part of the interview is to answer that particular question and the boy's understanding of it .
As the boy was not a UK resident he would not be eligible for such and would be required to leave the UK after the donation. The interviewer explained this to him and was not satisfied he fully understood or consented.
What would then be his fate with one kidney in Nigeria? Was there any agreement to pay for health care for life when he returns back to Nigeria after the procedure?
Therefore the interviewer decided he was not an appropriate donor and the hospital part closed

What happened after that....we have heard different versions but based on the foregoing
Was it a good deal for the young man?would you agree that for your own son?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
jaxxy:
the boy is also guilty. He is an active liar and criminal

Guilty of what. Do you know the meaning of financial coercion? If he was a millionaire will he agree to give his kidney for 5m naira. Why didn't they go and meet David or otedola kids to buy kidney from them. They approached him because he was vulnerable and that why uk have such laws to protect vulnerable people like you .

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by IbeOkehie: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
awoniyi1236:
Every politician milking this country resources will pay directly or indirectly sooner or later. This people have no single pity for the masses. They knw how to use religion, ethnics and poverty as tools to play us ( I only pity his daughter)

You're telling a BIG LIE. This only happened by chance. Nigerian politicians & elites and their lower class followers have been getting away with a lot of nasty stuff for decades and decades, nothing happens.....and nothing will happen....99% of the time. And you know it.

Nigerians are cowards.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by jaxxy(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2023
drsibz66:

Guilty of what. Do you know the meaning of financial coercion? If he was a million will he agree to give his kidney for 5m naira. Why didn't they go and meet David or otedola kids to buy kidney from them. They approached him because he was vulnerable and that why uk have such laws to protect vulnerable people like you .

The boy should have said no. he wasn't forced or kidnapped. There is a reward and he wanted it bt planned to decieve and implicate them reason hev lied about his age and many other things.

he is a criminal
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by AwkaFinest: 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2023
Lannister360:

You are s fool for feeling sad for him.

Sorry. Guess I hurt you so bad grin grin grin
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by jideisaacs: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
Why now?
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by highchief1: 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
TheMostComplex1:

They're are not crippled for ever especially in Nigeria
them no go quick release them and even when them release them,his image is gone.a politician is noting without image.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by highchief1: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
GreyLaw:

That boy obviously lied, but here in the UK thsse guys don't joke with such things. If you come with your kid to my hospital and I see that he has some questionable injuries I am mandated to report you without your notice.

That boy has attracted a huge curse on himself and his lineage for what he has done. I don't think he was deceived. He lied about his age. He lied about everything else. And now they will also grant him asylum in the UK because he'll say he fears for his life in Nigeria. But has he escaped? No, never!
if he was trying to be smart it’s not worth is.Nthg Dey the Uk
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Vowels(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2023
If only they built good hospitals in Nigeria, why would they need to travel for the transplant?
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 5:01pm On Mar 23, 2023
jaxxy:

what happened to saying No? or was he forced or kidnapped?

this boy planned to decieve and implicate a family out to help or exploite him as the case may be.

he is an active particpant, a fraudster who lied from the beginning to the end.

Your though process is why you are were you are today. Why did he not approach wizkid or other rich Nigerians or even his family for kidney. You think the whites are sentimental, idiotic, foolish, tribalistic and respect affluence like you.

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by kbbanj10(m): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2023
OMG. So sad really feel for the family.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by 43Ronin: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
South west that is the largest body part market in the world he left it to take gala seller. Olaniyi from ogun state for just run you 1 of him brothers kidney for 20k.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
hammerT:
I JUST WANT TO ADD HERE THAT NOTHING MORAL ABOUT UK DEMANDING ORGAN DONATION FOR FREE.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, NIGERIA GOVERNMENT SHOULD SET THE LEGAL PRICE OF LIVE ORGAN DONATION AT 1 MILLION DOLLARS AND BAN USE OF REMOVED ORGAN.

LET US INTERVIEW THE DONOR AND DO PSYCHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS TO MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE MENTAL PROBLEM. FIRST.

If they set price for organ in Nigeria trust me within a month you will wake up and won't find one of your organs.

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Larryndelaw: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2023
When these case started I was telling some people on these forum that they will be sent ro jail. They never believed me. They think they are in. NIGERIA where there is no rule of law. Most especially the Igbos who are so myopic in all ramifications bashing me. The case is against then right from the beginning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Broveens42(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
afbstrategies:
Ekweremmadu is a filthy product of what Nigerian politicians do daily. There are thousands of heinous inhumanities by Nigerian Politicians that occur every day that have been swept under the rug. I feel bad for him but I am an Igbo chief who put that red cap on my head and swore to be fair and just. It took a foreign court to look into this case and then found him guilty. That's telling because he will be free in Nigeria like FFK, Orji Uzor Kalu, Gangduje, Rotimi Amaechi, Okorocha and many others.

You are on point
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Larryndelaw: 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2023
Aufbauh:
I don't know why I'm feeling sad for the family, maybe because of Ekweremadu daughter's health condition.
Feeling sad for doing something illegal to the detrimof another man child. When you feel for the Madu. What about The boy what do tou feel for him

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Larryndelaw: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2023
Where are the Nigerian senators doing solidarity. Stupid set of people.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
hammerT:

UK SHOULD JUST GO AND HAVE SEVERAL SITS.

ORGAN TRAFFICKING, AS IF THEY BROUGHT AN ORGAN.

I THOUGHT THE CLAIMANT WAS 15 YEARS, HOW DID HE GET TO 21 YEARS?

IF HE CAN LIE ABOUT BASIC THING AS HIS AGE, I DONT BELIEVE ANY STORY COMING OUT OF HIS DESPERATE MOUTH.

LAWS HAVE TO MAKE SENSE, BE REASONABLE AND RATIONAL.

IN THIS CASE THE UK APPLICATION OF THE LAW IS UNREASONABLE, YOU ARE FINDING HIM GUILTY BASED ON MORAL STANDARD THAT PAYMENT TO ORGAN DONOR VIOLATES UK LAW.

YET THE SAME UK GOVERNMENT WONT DO THE ORAGN TRANSPLANT FOR FREE.

THE SAME UK HAVE PUT THE EKWEREMADU THROUGH A VERY EXPENSIVE LEGAL PROCESS WHICH ALSO IS NOT FOR FREE.

IN NIGERIA, PEOPLE EXPECT TO RECIEVE WEALTHY PAYMENT FOR THEIR ORGAN, AS CONSENTING ADULT.

RATHER THAN HOLD EKWEREMADU AND HIS SICK DAUGHTER FOR NEARLY ONE YEAR AND MILKING THEM FIANANCIALLY WITH HOTEL BILLS, LEGAL BILLS AND MEDICAL BILLS, THE RIGHT THING WAS TO DEPORT THEM AND BAN THEM FROM REENTERING THE UK.

ALL THIS POLITICAL GRAND-STANDING OF A COLONISER IS UNBECOMING.

But you believe Ekeremadu who said the boy was sonias cousin. Someone that wanted to buy kidney for mere N4,800,000. Do you think if they legalise organ sale you will be see your next birth day especially in a country like Nigeria. ? Lol . We need to think before we type pls.

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by ufotunang: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
olatade:
Where judiciary is working.

Not the eyesore we have here.
...if it's nigeria court and judge they should had give them bail and strike out the case
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Broveens42(m): 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2023
Larryndelaw:
When these case started I was telling some people on these forum that they will be sent ro jail. They never believed me. They think they are in. NIGERIA where there is no rule of law. Most especially the Igbos who are so myopic in all ramifications bashing me. The case is against then right from the beginning.

You are still very slow for tagging a tribe myopic. So in your heart of hearts you think ekweremadu's supporters are more of igbos than PDP/anti-Apc sympathizers..?

Hope you saw how Nigerian politicians across all tribe and religion left their other engagements just to board a flight to the UK on a solidarity.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by jaxxy(m): 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2023
drsibz66:

Your though process is why you are were you are today. Why did he not approach wizkid or other rich Nigerians or even his family for kidney. You think the whites are sentimental, idiotic, foolish, tribalistic and respect affluence like you.

a rich Kid or a poor kids it's still a crime. I'm not supporting him bt I'm calling out the Kid for deceit and lying to take advantage of the British system.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Bridget95(f): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
yerilistik:
Not the best time for Ekweremmadu's
May the law take it's course
Big lesson for our corrupt judiciary : see how rapid the prosecution took with no atom of doubt on the intergrity of the jurists.
The case would have died a natural death if it were in Nigeria.
If it were here, there wouldn't be a case let alone the case dying.

I weep for Africa

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by ufotunang: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
That place is not nigeria where our court are afraid of prosecuting our corrupt politcians and jailing them...many of our corrupt politcians supposed to be in jail but they out there walking freely and even contesting for election and acquiring power and political positions. What a country

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by OLULAW: 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
I hope the shameless members of the Nigerian judiciary are watching. Bunch of rag heads, donning cheap, dirty, smelly and tattered wigs that have seen better days.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
koning:
That Ebonyi boy simply double crossed ⚔ them.

He knew damn well what he was going to London for. Besides £7,000 would have set him up for life if managed properly. I hope he goes back to selling Gala and lacasera on Lagos streets.

The Ekweremadus were mislead by a greedy doctor in UK. He could have gone to Turkey or India. I really do feel sorry for them. The daughter still has no new kidney.

May your children be a level where they will be willing to sell their kidneys for N4.800,000. For your info that boy isn't coming back to Nigeria. He is a hero.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by onlysose(m): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
It is Buhari that instigated the trial because he is not an APC member heheheh
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by drsibz66(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
jaxxy:

a rich Kid or a poor kids it's still a crime. I'm not supporting him bt I'm calling out the Kid for deceit and lying to take advantage of the British system.

Was ike not trying to take advantage of the boy. As someone said earlier on this post. If you like go and sleep with a minor even is consensual or not you will be found quity. So you get the point now.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by omonnakoda: 5:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
jaxxy:

If a statement as brief as you can

What lie did he tell?

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Broveens42(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
New books to watch out for in 2023.

1. Ike the farmer
2. Father Alia
3. Ara agbala fayose
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Ilekokonit: 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by Kaymansion(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
shocked It is well oo
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife, Doctor Found Guilty Of Organ Trafficking by zzbrodah: 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
luluosas:
So sad. If they had approached the issue legitimately, this won't have happened

Legitimacy no dey these guys Dictionary…With 10m and a UK visa,you go see person wey go donate kidney.E don red for them

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial / DJ Switch To Canadian Parliament: How Soldiers Shot At Us At Lekki Toll Gate / Labour Party Agent Shot Dead – Rhodes-Vivour Says Police, INEC Complicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.