Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down (5368 Views)

Top secret: A Man Who Noticed A Reptilian City Beneath Los Angeles / Who Noticed This Shit! Female Lizzy Are Always Ho.rny Than.. / I Just Noticed This Thing Turns Women On Like Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by siofra(f): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
The song “Calm Down” by Rema has been blowing up on Tik Tok ever since some Iranian women were arrested for dancing to it in public.

I had never really paid any attention to the song until now but, last night, I decided to go on YouTube and give it my full attention for the first time.

When I saw that it had over 400 million views, I was super impressed.

However, within one minute of listening to the song, I was irritated and closed it. I also deleted it from my watch history to avoid future suggestions.

What pissed me off?

It was this part of the lyrics.

� I see this fine girl, for my party she wear yellow
Every other girl, they dey do too much, but this girl mellow
Naim I dey find situation I go use take tell am hello
Finally I find way to talk to the girl, but she no wan follow
Who you come dey form for? (Hmm)
Why you no wan' conform? (Hmm)
Then I start to feel her brown-bum (hmm)
But she dey gimme smile, smile, woah�

Rema went to a party. Saw a group of girls. Among them, there were the “lively ones” who were down for body contact, but he didn’t like them as they were too all over the place.

Instead, he chose to go after the one girl in the group that looked mellow and out of place. Then - guess what - he decided to initiate body contact with her by touching her bum.

What the Bleep is wrong with these men?

Consent is a much broader topic than saying yes or no.

Consent also covers this habit among men of neglecting women who are interested in the same sexual activities as them to seek out women who have made it clear that they are not.

The whole thrill of “breaking down” a woman’s barrier and inhibitions just to prove that “women are all the same after all” is also a form of sexual violence.

Since, in other to achieve this conquest, these types of men will invade your personal space and cross your boundaries over and over again until you can’t take it anymore.

A lot of women will end up giving in. Not because they want it, but because they are exhausted and believe that once they give in, he will leave them alone.

And yes, those women are right.

These men literally discard these unwilling women once they have “successfully broken” her.

As far as I am concerned, I will never listen to this song ever again. I know that I’m just one in a million but for me it’s a nopity nope.

No matter how nice a song sounds, if the lyrics border on disrespecting and violating another human being or people, then the song is automatically trash to me.

By Mavis Ishanqueen on Facebook.

I created a thread about this about a year ago too.

I'll look for the thread and post it here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6991346/isnt-sexual-harassment-rema#110311079

8 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by JasonScoolari: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
Another day in a fool's paradise.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
This girl ehh

1 Like

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by thesicilian: 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Killbillz:
This girl ehh
She's right, to be sincere. There are so many songs out there that glorify unlawful sexual advances, it's almost becoming a norm.
Even some of our 'comedy' skits especially those ones that claim to be doing pranks, kiss or grab, etc. The censorship boards seem to have gone to sleep.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by MechanicMike: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

angry
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by siofra(f): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
Okay I finally found the thread!

That's why I don't like the song undecided
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by MechanicMike: 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:
Okay I finally found the thread!

That's why I don't like the song undecided

siofra serrriouusly please can we do blue film together?u want? smiley

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Ahmed0336(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
Omo, i no gbadu d song because of it lyrical content undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by falcon01: 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
I ain't even concerned about the Consent story since it's made up garbage it's the garbage lyrics that's annoying! The bitch boy was just singing garbage "woah woah woah woah no no no wan wan wan" like wtf is that!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by siofra(f): 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
thesicilian:

She's right, to be sincere. There are so many songs out there that glorify unlawful sexual advances, it's almost becoming a norm.
Even some of our 'comedy' skits especially those ones that claim to be doing pranks, kiss or grab, etc. The censorship boards seem to have gone to sleep.

And I wonder why Selena Gomez, a feminist agreed to remix this song.

Maybe she doesn't understand it.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by HeavenCSO: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
You don't have to come out here to explain and complain about that, how many songs have you listened to? How many can you complain of, how many are fetching you money?
Better leave these people and find something good to do that will be bringing in massive daily income. You don dey this world be that, I and you never start this world at all I. Let's make money first!
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by thesicilian: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

And I wonder why Selena Gomez, a feminist agreed to remix this song.

Maybe she doesn't understand it.
Most foreign artistes do not understand what they are remixing. They just want to jump on the song to increase their popularity among the African fan base.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by mysticwarrior(m): 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Go and listen to the lyrics of black American and Jamaican musics, there you would see and hear the real sexual objectification of women.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

Tell Mavis Ishanqueen on Facebook to STFU!

1 Like

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by siofra(f): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
Miracood2:

Tell Mavis Ishanqueen on Facebook to STFU!

Why?

When she's telling the truth? If a gay guy walks up to you in the club and starts touching your arm, not even your bum bum o, will you be happy?? Won't you remove his teeth?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by OndoRaph(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
I gave up being a feminist back in 2014 when my female colleague rejected to assist me to move a motorised lister generator, reminding me if I forgot she was a lady. If it was cash, she would play the equality tape.
FEMINISM: EQUAL RIGHTS = YES
EQUAL RESPONSIBILITY = NO
WTF

5 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by heniford2: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

whenever you ladies stop displaying ur ass ur breast on social media then sexism will end but that's like saying Tinubu should not steal win he becomes president 😁😀😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by heniford2: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
thesicilian:

why do we shia aware from sex like it doesn't exist am asking so one can't grab or kiss a lady what's wrong with that am asking?
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by odinga1of: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

OP attention seeking is a very dangerous game.

Same girls will open yansh and breast in music videos.

Na lyrics be your problem?

Most of this Lagos girls in Club are willing to go naked in front of Naija Male singers.

Why the fuse?

1 Like

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by ObalendeCMS: 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
I don’t even listen to all these Nigerian crap called music.

I wonder how they get so much views on SM.

It actually shows that a large percentage of the world’s population is really not intelligent & are probably zombies.

Like the obidients.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by fkj950ax(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

AoifeNightfall:

Rema is promoting sexual harassment with this song. We must cancel him angry

What is it to "cancel him"?

Who is "We"?

Can you guys stop all this nonsense. You disagree with someone and the next thing you want to achieve is going after the person financially. Thats the worst kind of envy. Leave his career, future, money and face WHY YOU DISAGREE WITH HIM.

If he promotes sexual harassment with his song, write a petition to that agency that prohibits or bans music determined wrong. That is what NORMAL people do, and not acting like a rabid mob online looking for destruction of others.
You don't have to listen to his song.
You don't have to agree with his song
You cant control what OTHER people want to listen to.
It's not your place.
I don't listen or watch a lot of songs/movies, but others do, and I don't harass or try to beat them with a stick for them to stop. I don't try to kill the artist or actor of those things i don't like.

If indeed you are worried about sexual harassment, there are things you can ACTUALLY do, but you have chosen to go down a path of destruction.
Stop being a narcissist and looking for a mob to join your narcissistic movement

STOP ADDING to the issues women face in the society, in the guise of fighting for them.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by fkj950ax(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by LikeAking: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
siofra:

Africans killing their kind..
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Bintabisiriyu2: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
Is just yansh that he touched, relax don't worry before the night is over he will corner her near toilet pin her and b4 you know one thing Will enter somewhere
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Silentgroper(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
She smiled after the touch ..

End of story...

That's all that matters...

3 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Okoroawusa: 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
Nothing wey no be wahala o!
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Starboytwo(m): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
Naaah

It’s not the lyrics what makes the 🎵 great, instead it’s the beat and the way his sound dances on the beat.

First day I heard the song, I nearly cried.

That sound is maaaaad
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Vinnie2000(m): 5:50am On Mar 25, 2023
Lol, humans and Cheap talk. 🙂

Do you know How many Ladies are Dying to Befriend a Handsome, Rich Male Singer? 😊

The Funny thing is that, if this Siofra sees Remain FACE TO FACE,
I bet Rema will Touch her Yansh, She will NOT MAKE PIIM. sad
She will even be smiling. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by seanwilliam(m): 5:59am On Mar 25, 2023
thesicilian:

na why I respect comedians like sabinus

1 Like

Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by Sleekcode: 6:58am On Mar 25, 2023
thesicilian:

What exactly do you mean unlawful?

Aren't the people involved in a consensual agreement in the videos/clips?
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by blaise26abj(m): 7:11am On Mar 25, 2023
If you go clubbing or parties atimes you might understand the lyrics . You go clubbing , talk to a girl but she doesn’t want to “follow” you . Yet she is dancing with you and twerking on you( making you feel her bumbum ) while giving you a naughty smile . It is a non-verbal way of saying “ I might or might not follow you but I want to dance and be naughty with you. “ .

This was something I observed alot when I was still clubbing happen to my buddies
Re: I'm Not The Only One Who Noticed This About Rema's hit song Calm Down by koladata(m): 7:12am On Mar 25, 2023
people are listening to that song outside nigeria than Nigerians. i was surprised many people have that song as their ring tone outside Nigeria. we no dey too value these musicians like they value them outside .

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / The Excruciating Injury I Got From A Lady That Gave Me BJ. (photo) / This Is Why Guys Should Stop Tying Their Shoe Lace In Front Of A Lady (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.