Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment In Nigeria (21641 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Reduce Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by ecomalchemistt(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Life e no easy my brother you duey find your own, me i dey find my own...

No one is coming to save you , you either Hustle or you come here begging for urgent 2k.

If you are currently unemployed or underemployed, you might want to check this out.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

This is how i made my first Million selling speakers >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

I am not a motivational speaker, I'm a thoroughbred hustler. 💯

I can sell water to a well.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Thank me later when you hit your first M.

I'm giving out some links to free online tech courses , do reach out.

My number in my posts.

17 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by drsugar: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
S
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by eProfits(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Learn an online skill guys.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Mindlog: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Sighs
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Emmastan291: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Unemployment will be a thing of the past according to some people.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Odemok(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2023
I just hope you are not part of the people defending Tinubu. The realities will continue to set in after the whole election brou haha. I am sorry, majority of the youth are facing this as well that's why we clamoured for a significant change different from what it used to be that has never improved anything.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nice2023(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2023
CartelKenneth:
Wahala for who no get passport o

Passport without travelling money is like passbook.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Spiritualsdeeps: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well, unemployment at this point is subjective!

The reality is that it will get worse... Why??! Because the nation is not growing industrially.
Hmmm ! What a Valid Point You Made .
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by NEROSKY(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

1. It's not government job to provide you jobs rather government is supposed to provide enabling environment. Waiting for government is tantamount to failure.

2. Majority of youths in the 20th and upwards generation don't want to learn a trade, go to those during handiwork you rarely see them have work boys the youths don't want to get their hands dirty.

3. Many of us refuse to learn from our parents. My mother owns a shop and I served her 10years I have 10years experience in marketing and human relation, I can sell shit and feaces to anybody from what I have learned.

4. We blame everybody but ourselves, government no give me job, why are my parents poor, my school refused to give me necessary skills etc. Stop complaining go out there and fix ur poblem.

5. Unable to think out of the box. I don't take nonsense from any employer I am ready to resign if the working conditions aren't favourable because I learned 3 trades I can venture into, I can also use my handiwork to make a living.

6. Fear of the unknown. This has incapacitated many people, what if I fail, what if I loose well there is a saying "no risk, no reward" try to take risk and God willing even when you fail you have learned to do better again.

7 certificate. Many graduates think because they went to school they can't do a certain job, because people will.laugh at dem. My first million idea came from paupers who showed me a problem and I decided to abandon my certificates, got dirty and today it's a success story.

8. Not moving with the right crowd. Stop I want to go to unilag, and work with Chevron and start thinking about problems in your society and solution you can provide and cash out from.

There are others, the country is hard and inflation is biting hard, white collar jobs are diminishing but their are opportunities available all around us, find a problem in ur immediate environment and a cost effective solution and cashout.

In as much as some of your points are valid, government play major roles in reducing unemployment drastically, the only job the government knows best is to loot and rig election, using influencer like NL owner seun and the likes to carry out religious and ethnicity bigotry.

8 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Adabestseason(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2023
It is a serious problem,it pierced my heart when people collected 5 cups of rice,wrappers,N1000,N2000 to vote against their conscience who will provide the jobs,a situation in some state getting a civil service job is based on affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:
As a tired Nigerian youth, the issue of unemployment in Nigeria is not just a topic, but a harsh reality that affects my daily life.

Despite having a good education and skills, I struggle to find a job that matches my qualifications.

The high level of unemployment has left me and many other young Nigerians feeling hopeless and frustrated.

It seems like no matter how hard we try, the system is rigged against us, and opportunities are scarce.

The government's efforts to address the issue have been lacklustre at best, with policies and programs that have not produced tangible results.

It's time for the government to take real action and prioritise creating job opportunities for the youth.

Schools should change their academic curriculum to include more subjects in entrepreneurship so that in the event of not getting a job after spending years in school, one can still survive and make a living.

Until then, we will continue to be a generation stuck in a cycle of unemployment and poverty.
its just sad bro. i am even thinking about burning my cert. there is no future in this country everything is not working. these old men that called themselves leaders are making our lives miserable while them and their children are busy enjoying the country's wealth. what is wrong with black leaders for fk sake

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Gjc123(m): 11:26am On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:
As a tired Nigerian youth, the issue of unemployment in Nigeria is not just a topic, but a harsh reality that affects my daily life.

Despite having a good education and skills, I struggle to find a job that matches my qualifications.

The high level of unemployment has left me and many other young Nigerians feeling hopeless and frustrated.

It seems like no matter how hard we try, the system is rigged against us, and opportunities are scarce.

The government's efforts to address the issue have been lacklustre at best, with policies and programs that have not produced tangible results.

It's time for the government to take real action and prioritise creating job opportunities for the youth.

Schools should change their academic curriculum to include more subjects in entrepreneurship so that in the event of not getting a job after spending years in school, one can still survive and make a living.

Until then, we will continue to be a generation stuck in a cycle of unemployment and poverty.

I understand jare.
Me wey never graduate dey feel am sef
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
Life e no easy my brother you duey find your own, me i dey find my own...

No one is coming to save you , you either Hustle or you come here begging for urgent 2k.

If you are currently unemployed or underemployed, you might want to check this out.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Thank me later when you hit your first M.
thanks for sharing a free idea. u are smart i swear

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by blacksam01: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2023
me that manage to see small thing wich is not of noble and do...and there after lift into something better ehilst dragging workers along with me..EMefiele came and took everything away...

that mann will not end well

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 11:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Isabi4lov:
I'm also looking for where I can work and also learn accounting packages.

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:

Successive governments have done that only for POS and other mushroom businesses to spring up. The enabling environment needs to be created so that FDI increases just like in Vietnam, Thailand, India etc., security of lives and properties etc. Investors need to be assured that their investments are safe. The other day, a private equity investor in the agribusiness sector was lamenting that his company has to provide security to protect staff in his portfolio companies when they go to cultivate crops and monitor their farmlands. So tell me, isn't it better to invest in Chile or Brazil where such isn't rampant?

Another is electricity. For crying out loud, why can't Nigeria ensure constant electricity in 2023? At least for businesses to use. Another is ensuring ports across the country especially in the south south work efficiently so that they serve the north east, north central and south east.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by dfrost: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2023
accordadoga25:
My dear, it's everywhere oo.. Even me na Akara dey fry for China

Joking or serious? 🤣😱🤦

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Lordatkinson: 11:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Ten years after BSc, 4 years after MSc still counting.... No job, no money to start a business. Everything is frustrated. It seems the society is rigged against us like 2023 presidential election.

They told us from the beginning that education is the key to success, by the time we would finish the education, they have changed the padlock.

We got the key finish, it doesn't open the padlock

Only revolution and protest by the unemployed graduates in this country can save us.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by 7upnigeria: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:

The university curriculum should be directed towards solving problems, entrepreneurship and not picking up jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Lordatkinson:
Ten years after BSc, 4 years after MSc still counting.... No job, no money to start a business. Everything is frustrated. It seems the society is rigged against us like 2023 presidential election.

They told us from the beginning that education is the key to success, by the time we would finish the education, they have changed the padlock.

We got the key finish, it doesn't open the padlock

Only revolution and protest by the unemployed graduates in this country can save us.
Be street smart. Dem ni dey watch egungu for one place.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Ogaonos: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

1. It's not government job to provide you jobs rather government is supposed to provide enabling environment. Waiting for government is tantamount to failure.

2. Majority of youths in the 20th and upwards generation don't want to learn a trade, go to those during handiwork you rarely see them have work boys the youths don't want to get their hands dirty.

3. Many of us refuse to learn from our parents. My mother owns a shop and I served her 10years I have 10years experience in marketing and human relation, I can sell shit and feaces to anybody from what I have learned.

4. We blame everybody but ourselves, government no give me job, why are my parents poor, my school refused to give me necessary skills etc. Stop complaining go out there and fix ur poblem.

5. Unable to think out of the box. I don't take nonsense from any employer I am ready to resign if the working conditions aren't favourable because I learned 3 trades I can venture into, I can also use my handiwork to make a living.

6. Fear of the unknown. This has incapacitated many people, what if I fail, what if I loose well there is a saying "no risk, no reward" try to take risk and God willing even when you fail you have learned to do better again.

7 certificate. Many graduates think because they went to school they can't do a certain job, because people will.laugh at dem. My first million idea came from paupers who showed me a problem and I decided to abandon my certificates, got dirty and today it's a success story.

8. Not moving with the right crowd. Stop I want to go to unilag, and work with Chevron and start thinking about problems in your society and solution you can provide and cash out from.

There are others, the country is hard and inflation is biting hard, white collar jobs are diminishing but their are opportunities available all around us, find a problem in ur immediate environment and a cost effective solution and cashout.
but d youth are nt to be blame. at all.infact they are trying .the yputh have succeded in following areas
1)entertainment industry music nd new nollywood
2) successfully organising endsars protect against police butality what was d gpvt response (lekki toll gate)
3)Due to d lession learn frm endsars d youth decided to become d electorates to change things in d govt in which they drag peter obi on twitter to run for president that hw peter obi came into d picture.it was d same yputh dt form d name obidient from obi on twitter.what was govt response thru inec we all knw d electoral violence nd rigging by inec
4) the issue of yputh nt want to learn handwork is true but cause by yputh lost in fsith of d education system (a thug is a billionaire wby a phd holder is begging for driver wrk )
5)parent contribute to the issue of handwork issue in their children.many parent believe dt certificate still wrks .when u tell parent to enrol their children to learn a trade or skills the child might like before such child enta into university they ignore u nd enrol d child into university after 4yrs of being brain stress by d time they graduate to go back nd do those skills become a problem .
6)lastly d incompetent private stakeholders in economic sectors who dnt kbw hw to fixtheir sector or advise govt right in hw govt can come in to assist them to fix sector .eg lack of private owed farm estate is whst is greatly affect agriculture sectors

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 11:36am On Mar 25, 2023
No be government job to give you job..na.there job to tax you.

If you be adult you no get anything g doing. I mean you no fit learn or do anything..something De wrong with you.. Not the government. Something De wrong with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by sowilli: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2023
You don’t need education to make a living. We have been made to think education will give you a good life..... never. All you need is skills and financial management knowledge and you are good to go. Education only comes better when it complements your skills. Get a scarce skill and you complain less.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Lordatkinson: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2023
Abba114:
its just sad bro. i am even thinking about burning my cert. there is no future in this country everything is not working. these old men that called themselves leaders are making our lives miserable while them and their children are busy enjoying the country's wealth. what is wrong with black leaders for fk sake

I can not even in my dream advice you to have hope in nigeria, because the country doesn't have any hope even in itself.

But have hope in yourself, only God knows tomorrow. You can have abroad opportunity, that certificate that seems useless here would be useful there. So, don't even think of it let alone of attempting to burn your hard earned certificates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Isabi4lov: 11:38am On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
Yeah I can actually learn it online but then the phone I'm using right now does not have the capacity to do that .

I got a new phone December last year , just a week after , it was stolen from me , infact enh I wasn't myself through out that period, up till now I'm still paying for the phone cos I got it through easy by.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2023
One of the best thread on NL
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Zealag(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2023
It's not easy out there but some ppl just want to sit and fold their hands expecting a well paying job.Go out lay ur hands on whatever you are capable of doing,love ur job, believe in urself that you will growfrom level to level and constituency counts also,but please let it be legit even if it's given you a penny, someday you will look back and say thank God I didn't do something illegal.speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by dangoteinlaw: 11:40am On Mar 25, 2023
I see most of you saying government should this and that you all will be heavily disappointed 🤣🤣. With all the millions of dollars babablue spent on buying inec, nigeria is going back 20years. EXPECT NOTHING FROM TINUBU

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by millionaireman: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2023
Do leaders of Nigeria in APC understand that percentage of unemployment is how political leaders are rated first in the countries Nigeria learns democracy from? No.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by OneMillionBTC: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

Bros, I love you like this. You are my kind of person. We should be friends oooooo, similar mindsets.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. / GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee / What Do You Do And How Much Do You Get Paid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.