Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment In Nigeria (21653 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Reduce Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
All the suggestions in this thread will no improve the lives of majority of people. Nigeria n youths should peacefully demand a better nation.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by blesdman(m): 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

1. It's not government job to provide you jobs rather government is supposed to provide enabling environment. Waiting for government is tantamount to failure.

2. Majority of youths in the 20th and upwards generation don't want to learn a trade, go to those during handiwork you rarely see them have work boys the youths don't want to get their hands dirty.

3. Many of us refuse to learn from our parents. My mother owns a shop and I served her 10years I have 10years experience in marketing and human relation, I can sell shit and feaces to anybody from what I have learned.

4. We blame everybody but ourselves, government no give me job, why are my parents poor, my school refused to give me necessary skills etc. Stop complaining go out there and fix ur poblem.

5. Unable to think out of the box. I don't take nonsense from any employer I am ready to resign if the working conditions aren't favourable because I learned 3 trades I can venture into, I can also use my handiwork to make a living.

6. Fear of the unknown. This has incapacitated many people, what if I fail, what if I loose well there is a saying "no risk, no reward" try to take risk and God willing even when you fail you have learned to do better again.

7 certificate. Many graduates think because they went to school they can't do a certain job, because people will.laugh at dem. My first million idea came from paupers who showed me a problem and I decided to abandon my certificates, got dirty and today it's a success story.

8. Not moving with the right crowd. Stop I want to go to unilag, and work with Chevron and start thinking about problems in your society and solution you can provide and cash out from.

There are others, the country is hard and inflation is biting hard, white collar jobs are diminishing but their are opportunities available all around us, find a problem in ur immediate environment and a cost effective solution and cashout.
Beautiful write up...this is the fact. There is work to be done everywhere but labourers are few. Unemployment is simply not having the skill to fill a role. Tertiary education is overrated. Learn skills and u will see that there is work everywhere but labourers are few. Also look around, problems in Nigeria means there is work to be done. It is people that will do it.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Let's us stop this silly anecdotal BS, you went to the east and started agro biz. How did you afford the startup cost?

ur queens English or high sounding vocabulary won't put food on your table. Then secondly I saved from menial jobs and cab, then added up with loan

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Focusmind: 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Stop advising people to go abroad. USA, Canada and UK are finished. Ask Nigerians there, just ask them. They're suffering. They can't even find proper job, most of them work in petrol stations, they're cleaners and mortuary attendants. The few that do have jobs are taxed heavily and after paying so many bills, there's NOTHING left. That's why people in those countries have ZERO savings. Go and ask o, abroad is simply a living death. Ask anyone of them to bring out $500 and they will start crying.

Nigeria is the place to make it. Just pick and master a good skill and within a year you will be swimming in money. Oga abeg, no let soap enter you eye as you de swim inside river abeg.

I agreed with you. However, when you consider the pathetic situation of an unemployed graduate in Nigeria without any hope, what do advise the person?

I have nephews and relatives that have been job hunting. Giving them an opportunity to do those low grade jobs you mentioned in US would be welcomed by most of them. It's neither easy here in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralShepherd:

Nigerians like you are why the country is in the gutters. When there is no electricity, no portable water, no roads, no trains and no security, how do you think businesses will grow and thrive?

Do you think we all need to hustle more to fix roads and buy trains for the country? Get real ogbeni

Say what you like and do nothing and sit back and complain and expect a change. I'm only telling not to look at somebody for your goals but start from somewhere, anywhere, seems you talking about amenities, nigga I'm talking something else. The truth about life is after everything you gat yourself to blame so do your shit and understand my shit. I ain't clapping for the government. Seems you don't understand my writing
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
mikebabs101:
I so much dislike people like you . You want someone on 20k monthly salary to save for the next level or a business right? Seem you are lost touch with reality. That 20k or 30k will barely feed a man in a month , not to talk of transportat, data , rent and other expenses. The sad thing about Nigeria is even if you learn the IT skill, it's no guarantee you will get job anywhere. The best option a sensible youth has got is to learn an IT skill and find a way to move out of the country . Dey there dey give advice of saving for a business or mansion with 20k salary like say you no eat or transport , Abeg comot

Say what you like and do nothing and sit back and complain and expect a change. I'm only telling not to look at somebody for your goals but start from somewhere, anywhere, seems you talking about amenities, nigga I'm talking something else. The truth about life is after everything you gat yourself to blame so do your shit and understand my shit. I ain't clapping for the government. Seems you don't understand my writing and you talking about leaving the country, they gat job problems in every country. You the lost one here. Even in hell you gat people with water, and even in heaven some people still going to burn. grin
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralShepherd:
All the suggestions in this thread will no improve the lives of majority of people. Nigeria n youths should peacefully demand a better nation.

LoL dude you even get time dey reply these bunkums. See them saying start business as If it's easy to run a successful business in this country Nigeria lol

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Good, what do you think you can sell in your environment?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
Good, what do you think you can sell in your environment?
Nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Nothing!
Look closely again, What can you sell? The bottle is half-full for some while it's half-empty for some others.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
Focusmind:

I agreed with you. However, when you consider the pathetic situation of an unemployed graduate in Nigeria without any hope, what do advise the person?

I have nephews and relatives that have been job hunting. Giving them an opportunity to do those low grade jobs you mentioned in US would be welcomed by most of them. It's neither easy here in Nigeria.
I think they are looking for high paying job. There are Msc holders cleaning elderly person yansh in UK
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
Look closely again, What can you sell? The bottle is half-full for some while it's half-empty for some others.
Nothing, absolutely nothing!

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Nothing, absolutely nothing!
Okay!! What's your location?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
Okay!! What's your location?
Nnewi, Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by achimendy(m): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:
As a tired Nigerian youth, the issue of unemployment in Nigeria is not just a topic, but a harsh reality that affects my daily life.

Despite having a good education and skills, I struggle to find a job that matches my qualifications.

The high level of unemployment has left me and many other young Nigerians feeling hopeless and frustrated.

It seems like no matter how hard we try, the system is rigged against us, and opportunities are scarce.

The government's efforts to address the issue have been lacklustre at best, with policies and programs that have not produced tangible results.

It's time for the government to take real action and prioritise creating job opportunities for the youth.

Schools should change their academic curriculum to include more subjects in entrepreneurship so that in the event of not getting a job after spending years in school, one can still survive and make a living.

Until then, we will continue to be a generation stuck in a cycle of unemployment and poverty.

The country is fvcked-up, that's why we need positive change, but some foolish demented urchins from APC won't allow it.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 5:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Nnewi, Anambra state.
And you cannot do any business with 25k, a town of millionaires
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by dfrost: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

How can you disagree with the truth? Cold alone will kill you in that USA or Canada or UK. There are no Nigerian rich people there, they're all sufferheads. In Nigeria you can be a King or Queen, why go abroad to suffer?

Chief, read well nah. I agree totally with you 🤛👌🤣

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
FireUpNow:
There is no enabling environment for young businesses to thrive. Many companies are folding up due to power supply. Go to those old industrial estates in Lagos and other states you will see what I am saying. Some business men and women come to deceive the people that they are doing well in business but behind the scenes alot of shady deals are going on. They just use their business to blindfold others. Government just need to create enabling environment. The youths are not being lazy at all because I once worked in a big company and I saw how hard working the youths are. Some will run both morning and afternoon shifts. At the end of the day the take home pay is next to nothing. To be honest life is very hard today we should not deceive ourselves. It's not easy coping with system.
If you want to learn skills, the person who will teach you skills will not be honest and they like maltreating those learning the skills from them. To many dishonesty going on. It's so sad. Some will post advdert online for people to contact them if they want to learn the skills and when you show interest the next is to tell you to buy materials and when you send the money for the materials they will block you. This country is upside down
Everyone will be shouting learn a Skill learn a Skill which skill do you want to learn when there is no steady light to learn, no gadget to learn it, Internet data is expensive, family pressure and many others. Although, these are not excuses but this is the reality and truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
Focusmind:

Nigeria is the best place in the world for a Black Man to become a dollar millionaire. Dangote didn't make it in UK, he made it right there in Nigeria. Madame Alakija made it Nigeria, not USA. The richest Nigerians in the world are in Nigeria. So your postulations don't make sense at all.

You see that Idumota Market and Computer Village? Do not dull on those places, millions upon millions of DOLLARS move in those places every day but only if you wash your eyes can you see it. It's a coded thing for those who really know that Nigeria is a gold mine.

Jakpa to where? Abeg park well, Nigeria is the place. Life is good there and the people of Nigeria are living large. You just got to know the way.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sheriman:

Everyone will be shouting learn a Skill learn a Skill which skill do you want to learn when there is no steady light to learn, no gadget to learn it, Internet data is expensive, family pressure and many others. Although, these are not excuses but this is the reality and truth
Gbam! That is the Truth
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
dfrost:

I don't even know where to start to disagree to agree with you sef 🤣👌🤛😋🤗. Na snow, better system in place, fresh food, smooth skin etc dey cause am. No blame Nigerians, we don too suffer 😝🤣🤦
Me too can't even say he is lying or telling the truth but an average Nigerian want clean environment, good light, clean water to drink, cool place to take pictures, good transportation system, good apartments or house to live and many others social amenities.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Gamesmart: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ebierensima:
As a tired Nigerian youth, the issue of unemployment in Nigeria is not just a topic, but a harsh reality that affects my daily life.

Despite having a good education and skills, I struggle to find a job that matches my qualifications.

The high level of unemployment has left me and many other young Nigerians feeling hopeless and frustrated.

It seems like no matter how hard we try, the system is rigged against us, and opportunities are scarce.

The government's efforts to address the issue have been lacklustre at best, with policies and programs that have not produced tangible results.

It's time for the government to take real action and prioritise creating job opportunities for the youth.

Schools should change their academic curriculum to include more subjects in entrepreneurship so that in the event of not getting a job after spending years in school, one can still survive and make a living.

Until then, we will continue to be a generation stuck in a cycle of unemployment and poverty.

What skills will you say you have?

List them.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sheriman:

Me too can't even say he is lieing or telling the truth but an average Nigerian want clean environment, good light, cool place to take pictures, good transportation, good house and many others social amenities.

Good house? How many Nigerians abroad own a house, is it not borrowed money they used and are suffering and crying to pay for it every month? In Nigeria you OWN your house, your car, your generator. Nobody disturbing you to pay bills and tax. That's an automatic advantage.

I'm telling the absolute truth and you know it. Nigeria is a beautiful country full of opportunity but the people are being deceived so they will migrate out, while those encouraging them stay back and enjoy the wealth. It's a very smart thing, when all the educated people run away, those left will have everything to themselves.

Nigerians must learn to think deeply and ignore those pushing them to leave their father land, their inheritance. The money is there in Nigeria. UK, USA and Canada and EU have maxed out in terms of economic growth. Nigeria has a huge market of young people brimming with opportunity. Open your eyes and stop missing out.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
QuinModah:
And you cannot do any business with 25k, a town of millionaires
There's no viable business I could run with 25k grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Good house? How many Nigerians abroad own a house, is it not borrowed money they used and are suffering and crying to pay for it every month? In Nigeria you OWN your house, your car, your generator. Nobody disturbing you to pay bills and tax. That's an automatic advantage.

I'm telling the absolute truth and you know it. Nigeria is a beautiful country full of opportunity but the people are being deceived so they will migrate out, while those encouraging them stay back and enjoy the wealth. It's a very smart thing, when all the educated people run away, those left will have everything to themselves.

Nigerians must learn to think deeply and ignore those pushing them to leave their father land, their inheritance. The money is there in Nigeria. UK, USA and Canada and EU have maxed out in terms of economic growth. Nigeria has a huge market of young people brimming with opportunity. Open your eyes and stop missing out.
Your point is centered around rich middle class Nigerians not poor Nigerians. Before you could get everything those people are enjoying in Europe in Nigeria then you must be rich. So now, as an average Nigerian, I should not enjoy basic things in life in my own country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
I totally agree with the "Learn Tech" part. I'm currently in my 4th year in Uni and will be done next year. I'm glad I picked up UI/UX Design as a skill during the strike and now working with it. Best thing to have ever happened to me fr.
BigDawsNet:
The unemployment issue in Nigeria is at the critical level... if you rounding up ur services soon... start think of an alternative so you won't get frustrated...

We have jobs in Nigeria but its very limited... which means you have to know person that know somebody...

You may be lucky if your extraordinary good in a particular field...

I remember I applied to almost all federal jobs in Nigeria and nothing came up...

I was so frustrated because I wanted to serve, fight for my country in the military or paramilitary level..

I search for jobs in my field but they would rather waste ur time and just make you feel something is wrong with you...

I left the country and I realised Nigeria Unemployment rate is so bad...

Here the gov create 2000jobs for population of 1500... now tell me how u wanna be jobless unless u lazy...

Remember learn Tech! It's very important
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Haymus007(m): 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
iHart:
You have a skill and you are looking for a job. Why not start a business with the skill?
If money no dey to start the business nko??
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Ogaonos: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
nurey:

I have read ur write up, it's TRUE the blame isn't only on the youths, the country is currently wired to frustrate you but still we shouldn't complain and sit down waiting for a miracle rather pick ourselves up and do something about it.

I graduated in 2013 or 14 went for service but b4 service I made money through computer repairs I learned in 2005 upwards.

After service no job I went back to my mum's shop and continued with her, I was about to get my own shop and start selling caprisonne as a wholesaler/retailer when the mkt was demolished luckily for me, I got a job a month after the ugly experience

I did that job for a year b4 the company ran aground due to debt and bad management then Jonathan policy affected them. I took the half a million I had got something from my mum and went into farming garri precisely I had already lost 1m In Farming in 2012 so the experience i gained there made my garri business a success. I don't want to talk about my experience because that business wasn't rosy at first but due to perseverance I was able to pull through.

There are private agric business in Nigeria ran on thousands of hectares but as people say if you never reach anoda man farm u go think say nah ur papa farm big pass.

Lagos wey everybody wan go is not the only place to make cool cash people dey cash out from other states in transport/haulage, buying and selling, farming etc
i agree with u totally but d issue with nigeria youth face is two areas
our education system nd incompetent stakeholders in private sectors
1) our secondary sch wrk a bad model (0theory based curriculum) which affect u as a teenage inwhat u really good at.what govt need to do is to change our curriculum gradually to technical college curriculum if u go to technical college u feel sad about ur secondry school.secondly our universities is dead because of d same curriculum problem.what govt needs to upgrade vocational sch certificate to d level of university bsc certificate.
2)stakeholders of economic sectors sometimes arent dt competent e.g old nd asaba nollywood .in case of new nollywood it was ben morris bruce brought cinema industry into d country .kunle afonlayo help in putting new std in production nd directors while mo abudu help in area of movie production company nd d rest are history.d same with music so when u have competent stakeholder who think out of the box .the sectors grow.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Sheriman:

Your point is centered around rich middle class Nigerians not poor Nigerians. Before you could get everything those people are enjoying in Europe in Nigeria then you must be rich. So now, as an average Nigerian, I should not enjoy basic things in life in my own country?

Who and who are poor in Nigeria? Wealth is different from income. So you're very mistaken, the average Nigerian at home is wealthier than the vast majority of Nigerians abroad. At home a Nigerians has dignity, freedom and equality. Nigerians abroad immediately lose their dignity.

Nigeria is good, everybody is enjoying. The only people suffering are those who don't know the way, those who choose to sleep in the midst of vast opportunity. Look how Lebanese, Indians, Americans are trooping into Nigeria every week and investing and making money. Go to Idumota, Computer Village and see trailer loads of DOLLARS moving through there every day. Is it not in Nigeria that Linda Ikeji and others are making millions every week?

Nigeria is the place to be, jakpa is for losers!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by nurey(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

There's no viable business I could run with 25k grin grin

Affordable used cloths, buy and market to your friends who in turn help advertise your product to more friends

Phone accessories business, charging cable, memory cards, casing of the most popular brands, you can start infront of ur house with no need for shop.

You can even use the money to learn computer typing MSword, excel etc work there learn the ropes of running a business centre is due time you can learn Adobe photoshop or corel draw for graphics design work.

You can buy foodstuffs from local market and sell to your neighbours, yam, bag of garri and sell in smaller quantities even vegetables which are money spinners.

You can keep chicken if your backyard allows, buy local birds which are hardy and keep if you get fridge kill refrigerate and sell as frozen chicken in kg.

So many businesses you can start small and grow big in. You are only incapacitated by yourself not by government, leave certificate for now, get busy b4 1 year of hustling things would change for the better

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria by Jolomsguy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
Grasscutter sales

I have some big ones for sale, pls contact me on 0 8 0 2 9 6 3 5 7 7 7.

My base is in Office Warri.

Thanks.

Joloms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee / One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs. / NASIMS Portal Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.