Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. (33227 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by bonnyhope: 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
You men complain baselessly. Why not just divorce your wife since you know that there’s nothing special about marriage? All these small boys who weren’t mentally ready for the journey itself but jumped at the idea of it because their mates were doing it.

Why not just proudly carry the burden of performance ‘they’ said you people were created for?
If you are tired, ball out instead of complaining and whining like a cat.

This thread is not for slay queens
Keep off

9 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Kobojunkiee: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
SimpleGuy001:
Don’t read the Bible the way you read history books or novels.
Where exactly did God tell you that you can't or shouldn't do that? undecided

Or I should ask who told you that you can't or shouldn't do exactly that? undecided
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:

I swear, I've been trying to clear this notion....

Marrying a woman that's lazy and feels her money is hers while yours is for the home.

Had a girl whom I told I wasn't interested in her money but she was very interested in how I spend my money.

She would send money to her mother monthly but will always come to my house to get money for upkeep and feeding.

Couldn't continue with her... Such a liability.... Who paid tfare for us to the market while I got her a nice dress but babe was very blunt to ask me for the transport money when we got home.

🤣🤣🤣
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Those are the red flags you don't over look in dating; my wife want to know how I spent money; when she gets money I monitored here; she used her money to buy food stuffs to compliment the ones I gave her money to buy and buy somethings needed in the house and spent money on herself too.
She came up with her money is her money and want to spend most of money on her family, I let realize that she had children and responsibilities too, she complained that my salaries is five times her own, with that i can't save out of it because of the houses expenses and she wants me to roof our house and I ask her how do you want me to do that if she doesn't support me.
No man marries a woman that can't bring anything to the table in this generation or else you want to kill yourself as a man.
Is your wife supporting you financially?

JASONjnr:

I swear, I've been trying to clear this notion....

Marrying a woman that's lazy and feels her money is hers while yours is for the home.

Had a girl whom I told I wasn't interested in her money but she was very interested in how I spend my money.

She would send money to her mother monthly but will always come to my house to get money for upkeep and feeding.

Couldn't continue with her... Such a liability.... Who paid tfare for us to the market while I got her a nice dress but babe was very blunt to ask me for the transport money when we got home.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by bonnyhope: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
GenSpecifics:

100k in 2 months in this freaking economy ?

Dem suppose give you award as miser of the year.

100k I use to spend on a weekend on myself when the naira was worth something back when I was a bachelor

Your problem is that you are a broke nigga and a miser to boot.

Comot from here.

Take am easy, that's where his hand can reach

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
pocohantas:

Omo, don’t ask me how much is my salary o. If I tell you, you will say I am lying. At the point when my salary couldn’t carry my responsibilities, I looked for more income. It is common sense not to marry without financially stability. You only think you said something new because you are a man. If a woman said this same thing, NL would be burning.

I don’t complain over my first level recurring expenses, never. It is my responsibility and I shoulder it with my full chest. This thread can’t be by me. My loved ones are worth every single penny I spend on them. This is why I implore women to have jobs and contribute. Wetin be 50k? Toor!
Be giving yourself false hope. Don’t be ashamed of your 30k monthly salary. Did you see where I stated that the 50k is minus gas money, nepa bills, security bills, foodstuffs and other bills bah? I’m also working on my land. Dey play!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Prometheus666:
Marriage is how men become gods. If your wife is not beautiful, I can imagine it will be like living in inescapable bondage, but if you waited, got the financials figured out then pick a beautiful cherry, then you'd be proud of beautiful human beings around you.

Marriage is not for everyone, if you don't figure out the financials, please stay off marriage. Marriage no be your mate. Get a baby mama

From frying Pan to Fire.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Zerooffence: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
grin, to marry don deh tire me with what these married people are even saying self.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Abbeytoy(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
You can get everything you needed in marriage without getting married.

But if you have extra, get married for responsibilities.

At least Jesus did not marry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by membranus: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mamzi:

Will I die if I don't plant tomato in the first place?

The fact is apart from Bills and Responsibility, what else is in marriage?? Seeing your kids grow? Yes it brings Joy but at what cost?? Don't mistake my notion, from hospital, school, clothing, feeding bills still circle around responsibility .

And the irony of it is that when the kids grow up, they will eventually love their mother more than you. Not minding your struggles to provide for all their needs and keep them alive when coming of age.

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by GloriousGbola: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
That’s just the fact! When I was a bachelor, I know how much I spend and save every month. Fast forward to when I got married, it’s all about bills, bills and bills.

I just checked my OPay transaction history and I couldn’t believe how much I’ve spent in just two months.

This thing called marriage is just responsibility and nothing more. If you are not financially stable or you have other side hustle that bring extra money,please don’t get married.

My 2 cents!

Just wait till you have pikins 😈😈

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by happney65: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Westwood2580:
One of my neighbor work from Monday to Sunday(after church). The man is just working to meet up with family bills and not for saving at all.

Na wetin go kill am at the end of the day be that..And when he dies, Life goes on.

Men are mostly loved because of their ability to provide, protect and penetrate. Our mothers inclusive o. It has been from time in memorial

9 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Kinterez(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?
Only 100k in two months? Are you guys really eating well? Maybe you haven't started buying Pampers, baby food, Then you will realise if u spend 100k in a month then the Lord is with you...

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by pocohantas(f): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
See this gold-digger that depends on man to feed her too is talking. You are only looking for well to do man to milk. Tueh!

I don’t depend on a man to feed me and even if I do, I am sure he can do better than 50k a month. I like food a lot. grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by myami: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Isabi4lov:
As a single lady sef , na so so bills upon bills
be my babxmama, let me take care of the bills
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by akinade28(f): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
God bless you . This shows that you’re a responsible man
Not all men are lucky to have women that ‘support’ financially, even if she does, you should not rely on that 100% .
Hmm. . But ehn 100k in two months as a married man is very fair o.

It’s far more easier to save as a single man.

How? When you’re single, you only spend what you want , you can ignore billings you’re not comfortable with , no one can compel u except you’re generous or a simp. infact you can decide to be extremely thrifty , and it’s more easier to adjust and adapt to any situation. You can decide to suspend morning and afternoon food, you can decide not to sub to cable, you can decide to even sleep if you have little change in your account. It’s easier to take risk and you’re open to different opportunities.

But when you’re married, it’s impossible to do all that. No matter how wicked you are , you can’t watch your own wife and kids go hungry , 90% of time , you’ll have to consider your family before taking any decisions.
Except you’re financial buoyant , you can’t just buy any cloths, shoes, for yourself. You can’t go to expensive restaurant without thinking about what to give your family the next day .

If you have money in your acct, you’ll still be scared , 70% of time you’ll be experiencing heart palpitations, you’ll not want them to lack.

Technically as a man, when you marry, you’ve given up your freedom and comfort for others.

That’s why , a man needs to be smart and ‘prayerful’ while choosing life partner , not all women worth these sacrifices.
I love your perspective in this matter. God bless you
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kinterez:

Only 100k in two months? Are you guys really eating well? Maybe you haven't started buying Pampers, baby food, Then you will realise if u spend 100k in a month then the Lord is with you...
Did I say the 50k is for foodstuff or pampers or baby food? That’s another expenses on its own entirely!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by LaSenior: 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Whether you are single or married you will still spend

Billing dey

And that's why I am looking for a woman who understands money Making so much a woman who's prudent in spending is everything a man should ask for

A woman who cut her coat according to her size

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by unwana07(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
True talk brother....
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Hassanmaye(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lolss, e tire you, abi? cheesy cheesy

As a Guy, If you are NOT dat Financially Strong and u Rush into Marriage,
(Particularly in this Buhari/APC Administration currently),
Na BITTERLEAF and BITTERKOLA Analysis go end am o. 😕😄😄😄
Haha

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ellegacy:
Marriage is all about responsibility and the children we talk about.

After the third generation your thoughts and everyone who remembers you in this World fade. It like you've never existed unless you're very rich and influential and made an impact in your society! So even with that, you don't need children, raising children is not a fulfillment, as in the grand scheme of things we're all irrelevant!

Hmmm It takes a special level of reasoning to deduce the bolded.

Most Coventional People wouldn't understand.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
pocohantas:

I don’t depend on a man to feed me and even if I do, I am sure he can do better than 50k a month. I like food a lot. grin
You are managing the only 20k he gave you 🤣. Liability everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by SimpleGuy001: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Be giving yourself false hope. Don’t be ashamed of your 30k monthly salary. Did you see where I stated that the 50k is minus gas money, nepa bills, security bills, foodstuffs and other bills bah? I’m also working on my land. Dey play!
Be calming down, pocohantas earns beyond 30k. If you know her on this forum you will know she earns a decent amount….
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
You guys might complain about marriage,
but if you are very rich, marriage can be heaven
on earth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by jaxxy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
my brother I ain’t complaining about anything. I’m just saying there’s nothing special about marriage. And don’t get married if you are not financially stable. That’s all

But ure complaining its all about responsibilities? That means ur lowkey not happy there or even wishing u were single. Cos if even if ur in something bt ure getting a fair deal out of it or it has improved ur life u won't be singing this type of sad or tired song.

There are people getting more from their marriage than they expect despite bills and they can say its worth it..

if ur marriage or relationship doesn't add value to u whether u have enough or or not there is a serious problem.

if man does everything then the woman is the only one enjoying the marriage while u are only fulfilling all righteousness for God or ur family or kids sake and vice versa
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Just wait till you have pikins 😈😈

Brother I have kids. That’s another expenses on its own!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Tonytonex(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
True
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Isabi4lov: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
myami:
be my babxmama, let me take care of the bills

I'm not an advocate of babymama , those that got married legally and still enjoying their marriages, they did not come to this world with two heads . undecided
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
jaxxy:

But ure complaining its all about responsibilities? That means ur lowkey not happy there or even wishing u were single. Cos if even if ur in something bt ure getting a fair deal out of it or it has improved ur life u won't be singing this type of sad or tired song.

There are people getting more from their marriage than they expect despite bills and they can say its worth it..

if ur marriage or relationship doesn't add value to u whether u have enough or or not there is a serious problem.

if man does everything then the woman is the only one enjoying the marriage while u are only fulfilling all righteousness for God or ur family or kids sake and vice versa
You don’t get it? Some people do say marriage is an achievement to an extent. What value do marriage add to your life? That’s what i really want to know.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
SimpleGuy001:

Be calming down, pocohantas earns beyond 30k. If you know her on this forum you will know she earns a decent amount….
You dey swallow her lies too. I know her too well!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by SimpleGuy001: 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Brother I have kids. That’s another expenses on its own!

Chief, it’s not easy. But try to improve that your 200k monthly income.

Even me a young guy (soon to be 23) I earn 240k net but expenses dey and the money isn’t enough for me so I have a side hustle.

By end of this year I should be earning 300k net if it goes according to plan from my core job.

So just improvise. If your job requires certification to increase your earning base then do it. If you are not a salary earner then try improve your business and add a side hustle. Cause by the time those children start growing up expenses will increase oooo.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by revolt(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
For men, not forwomen.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos / After Getting Married, What Did You Stop Doing? / I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.