Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. (33255 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Allisgud: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
BigYash:
This one dey use tomatoes and pepper compare marriage cheesy I won't say you're a clown,but just try no get money first,then marry cheesy You go old pass your age in two months..
leave am motivational speaker still dey whyne am

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Isabi4lov: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
ThatCEO:

I believe say Na True say u dey pay bills, but if u find bf or husband now, one naira of your money, u no go gree spend again.

The same u wey dey pay bills when u single, go suddenly turn stingy because a man is in d picture. Make una dey talk to una selves

I no be your wife , I go support my guy .
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by oxiide22(m): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
jerryforgood:

He should be thankful that his wife is not that demanding. Me I'm not married but I spend close to 100k on my parents in same two months excluding rent, only food and other bills. What is 100k in two months?
I don't have heaven and Earth. I work extremely hard to earn a living, and I'm 29 years. For me if my future wife would manage 100k in two month then I wouldn't see it as a huge burden, except adding it to my parents need.

Because of my parents I'm not married. I'm looking for ways to settle my mother who is still fit. I'm looking for business she can do.
may God continue to bless you

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Mobog(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
my brother I’ve stopped myself. I just said I should look at my transaction history and I saw money in and money out. It’s not like I’m even spending the money on myself!
It's not easy at all.
Just stay away from remembering how money disappeared. Pray for prosperity and you'll see it.
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
GenSpecifics:

100k in 2 months in this freaking economy ?

Dem suppose give you award as miser of the year.

100k I use to spend on a weekend on myself when the naira was worth something back when I was a bachelor

Your problem is that you are a broke nigga and a miser to boot.

Comot from here.
minus gas money, inlaw money, nepa bills, security, and other unforeseen bills in that same month? Dey play

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Danisaint112:
Igbo men are the only men that know this secret reason the mostly marry late. 😂
Igbos are just too smart Sha.

My advice: If you never make am no go jump enter marriage.

True.

But some well Informed Yoruba Men too are Joining the Train now.

Poverty Is not an Option for people who knows what they are doing!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by BigBashiru: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I didn’t say my wife supports me financially like that. She’s using her own money for other things I couldn’t get her. She’s not even an understanding person. She believes it’s my responsibility to provide and if I couldn’t do it she wakes away!

But all you said are nothing but the truth. It is what it is!

Your first paragraph is the litmus test that's what every guy should check in a lady before getting married I.e. if she has that mentality....guess you were carried away by romance....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Emmanuel909090: 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lol
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Gerrard59(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I could have kids without getting married. What’s meeting with expectations of life? And yes I would be a happier single man at my age. I’m still young!

That is actually more expensive than having children inside a marriage. Also, no responsible family will hand you their daughter in such an arrangement. None whatsoever. Baby-mamaism is expensive.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by juniorstar(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
myami:
at least you are enjoying free sex
No drop money for upkeep and your wife toiletries you go know say sex isn't free.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Dpatch(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
It's just like saying sex is all about having kids....!
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by BigBashiru: 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
You and I know it’s rare to see a woman who’s going to stand by you in times of tribulation. I have been doing very well before I met her. All I’m just saying is that there is nothing special about marriage, if you are not financially stable don’t get married. When life start to happen you’d know why money is important!

The women know exactly what they are doing. Marriage is a negotiated agreement...she negotiated lifetime provision and lured you with romance. Lifetime provision by a man to a woman is an unfair arrangement in this day and age and she knows it. She is just exploiting you financially and she knows it. Reject exploitation and demand she make her own moni and use her own money on herself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by FireUpNow(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?
Being single doesn't guarantee being rich. There is not like having a wife as a companion, kids to call your own. Life is a stage because without kids and a woman in your life at old age you will know how important it is to be married
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by TrumpDonald2: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Then you shouldn't be discouraging people about it because you have no experience. I'm 60+ and you should be asking about my grandchildren

See who dey claim 60+
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by juniorstar(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
There are men like you who are successful with many wives and children.
They are already made.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Gerrard59(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
myami:
at least you are enjoying free sex

Sex is not free. I don't know why you people keep saying this thing. Nowhere is sex free unless the man is very handsome, and that won't continue for long. You pay at a point. Even the sex sef, if it was free, why are married men the biggest patronisers of sex workers? Why do they complain that their wives decline them sex after having children?

13 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Trust me, if you had money, you wouldn’t be here complaining. You would have had greater worries than money. If you aren’t ready for responsibility, ball out. What did you think you signed up for when you decided to walk the path of marriage? Drinking tea and bread? Wake up.
I know it’s not bread and beans before. The whole thing I want people to learn from my post is that don’t get married if you are not financially stable. Because that’s what marriage is all about and it’s not something special. End of quote!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by thunderbabs: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:
Marriage is more than responsibilities...

Marriage is far from how you view and understand it.

Responsibilities is just a task. Marriage is a command from God.

I didn't understand marriage untill I planted a tomato at the backyard and I was always going every morning to observe and check for changes an watering it.

My friend thought it was all about watering it. But in real sense, it used to bring joy to me seeing that I was able to grow something and it was wonderful...

Need I say that I was stocking alot of it on the fridge and dashed some out? Later I also included pepper to the family and with eggs at home, I was always sure of a good breakfast....

The beautiful seeds the produced.

Like I said earlier....

Marriage isn't a responsibility.... If you're poor and stingy, you'll always have this mentality.

If you're not, you will enjoy its beauty!

Bros, marriage no be like your tomatoes ooo. Shey village people dey haunt tomatoes, abi dey know Emiefele And the cashless policy, abi tomato younger sister dey call for financial help from tomato husband. Abeggiiii

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Allisgud: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
God bless you . This shows that you’re a responsible man
Not all men are lucky to have women that ‘support’ financially, even if she does, you should not rely on that 100% .
Hmm. . But ehn 100k in two months as a married man is very fair o.

It’s far more easier to save as a single man.

How? When you’re single, you only spend what you want , you can ignore billings you’re not comfortable with , no one can compel u except you’re generous or a simp. infact you can decide to be extremely thrifty , and it’s more easier to adjust and adapt to any situation. You can decide to suspend morning and afternoon food, you can decide not to sub to cable, you can decide to even sleep if you have little change in your account. It’s easier to take risk and you’re open to different opportunities.

But when you’re married, it’s impossible to do all that. No matter how wicked you are , you can’t watch your own wife and kids go hungry , 90% of time , you’ll have to consider your family before taking any decisions.
Except you’re financial buoyant , you can’t just buy any cloths, shoes, for yourself. You can’t go to expensive restaurant without thinking about what to give your family the next day .

If you have money in your acct, you’ll still be scared , 70% of time you’ll be experiencing heart palpitations, you’ll not want them to lack.

Technically as a man, when you marry, you’ve given up your freedom and comfort for others.

That’s why , a man needs to be smart and ‘prayerful’ while choosing life partner , not all women worth these sacrifices.
and this is how u will do paying school fees till they are done, until one money breakthrough happen

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Rubbiish(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
ThatCEO:

All d thing wey u talk, Na dis one pain me pass. Not like I am married but I relate with this type of spending when u are not even spending it on yourself.
That's the bitter truth my brother!
99% of married men that are not financially buoyant give up their comfort for wife & kids. I have friends in this category & they hardly buy anything for themselves. I just say within myself, I just hope the end is worth it for u guys.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I know it’s not bread and beans before. The whole thing I want people to learn from my post is that don’t get married if you are not financially stable. Because that’s what marriage is all about and it’s not something special. End of quote!

They know this already. No need reiterating it. End of quote!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sex is not free. I don't know why you people keep saying this thing. Nowhere is sex free unless the man is very handsome, and that won't continue for long. You pay at a point. Even the sex sef, if it was free, why are married men the biggest patronisers of sex workers? Why do they complain that their wives decline them sex after having children?
Oil dey your head my brother. Don’t mind that guy!

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Allisgud: 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
God bless you . This shows that you’re a responsible man
Not all men are lucky to have women that ‘support’ financially, even if she does, you should not rely on that 100% .
Hmm. . But ehn 100k in two months as a married man is very fair o.

It’s far more easier to save as a single man.

How? When you’re single, you only spend what you want , you can ignore billings you’re not comfortable with , no one can compel u except you’re generous or a simp. infact you can decide to be extremely thrifty , and it’s more easier to adjust and adapt to any situation. You can decide to suspend morning and afternoon food, you can decide not to sub to cable, you can decide to even sleep if you have little change in your account. It’s easier to take risk and you’re open to different opportunities.

But when you’re married, it’s impossible to do all that. No matter how wicked you are , you can’t watch your own wife and kids go hungry , 90% of time , you’ll have to consider your family before taking any decisions.
Except you’re financial buoyant , you can’t just buy any cloths, shoes, for yourself. You can’t go to expensive restaurant without thinking about what to give your family the next day .

If you have money in your acct, you’ll still be scared , 70% of time you’ll be experiencing heart palpitations, you’ll not want them to lack.

Technically as a man, when you marry, you’ve given up your freedom and comfort for others.

That’s why , a man needs to be smart and ‘prayerful’ while choosing life partner , not all women worth these sacrifices.
u supposed write small book on marriage

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ciencee(m): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
That your 5th paragraph got me thinking......

JASONjnr:

I didn't understand marriage untill I planted a tomato at the backyard and I was always going every morning to observe and check for changes an watering it.

My friend thought it was all about watering it. But in real sense, it used to bring joy to me seeing that I was able to grow something and it was wonderful...

Need I say that I was stocking alot of it on the fridge and dashed some out? Later I also included pepper to the family and with eggs at home, I was always sure of a good breakfast....

Like I said earlier....

Marriage isn't a responsibility.... If you're poor and stingy, you'll always have this mentality.

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by NapoleonHill: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?

I spend over 150k being single per month. That's on months I'm determined to save. I don't know how much I'll be spending being married.
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by BigBashiru: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
And the Christians will tell you you are still not allowed to hv a mistress or second wife.....in case the first one is not very pleasing to your eyes anymore.....

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Ologundudu2020: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bro am single and recently I had two company around, in bid to make life easy, I’ve spend over 1.5m in that two months for daily upkeep.

I refused to be married until have what to sustain me for the first 15-20yrs or more. It’s really a difficult task for the males and it’s ain’t even worth it, cos the sex which they tend to offer in return is even almost cheap everywhere

12 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ravensckar(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Exactly what I’m talking about. Thank God I’m not doing salary job, I wonder what would have become of me. All the things I’ve acquired so far like land and all that I got them when I was still a bachelor. Imagine buying land now when I’m married. It’s not just easy at all.
Mr. Man, take it easy with the hasty generalization. Your own marriage may be about paying bills but mine isn't all about that. As a matter of fact, when I was a bachelor, I was wretched and lacked focus in life. I was living in one room apartment and was always thinking of having se.x with random ladies. One Naira I don't have as savings talk less of achieving anything tangible in life. Then, I got married and my perspective changed. I became focused on my job and life. Within 5 years, I don build house, buy car born two pikin and started enjoying life. In summary, marriage brought me that change of perspective and today I'm happy.

Yes, you'll pay bills in marriage. Lots of them actually. But if you accept that responsibility and man up, it will make you better focused. You that have bills to pay will never engage in frivolities or financial rascality. Secondly, whatever it is that you do as a daily job, it will help you to become up & doing since you now know that lots of responsibilities rest on your shoulder.

Just speaking from my own perspective though. Marriage has been a blessing to me. It woke me up from my slumber and made me implement that radical change that was needed to turn my life around for good. I pray to God that it should continue that way. I ddon't want to go back to being useless biko. cheesy cheesy

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
ThatCEO:

All d thing wey u talk, Na dis one pain me pass. Not like I am married but I relate with this type of spending when u are not even spending it on yourself.
Yeah I mean buying things for myself is another thing entirely. I spend 50k for that too!
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by 9Nj1: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
Do this to Upgrade your financial level.

Join 9ja Millionaires WhatsApp Group.
Advantage: Get 2.0-20 sure Odds delivered twice daily.#10k to join.
T/C Applied
Call; 0812 809 6312

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Bruno3000(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:

Like I said earlier....

Stop lying oga. God never commanded everyone to go get married grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by chatinent: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:

I think N100k in two months in this time is not bad bro. Mine, my Kuda, wetin I see I don spend since January shocked me to the core.

The problem is not marriage. The problem is doubling the income.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / DNA Test, I Am Scared / Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.