Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. (33211 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
sukkot:
only 100k na hin you spend in two whole months na hin you dey wail like obedient wey dem steal hin mandate
I ain’t wailing. I’m only stating the fact!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by mkoabiola: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
And who told you it’s normal to have kids without getting married, which religion permits that? You won’t be young forever,and since you started early believe me you’ll be glad you did at the later stage of your life. Just endure the current situation of the country and be hopeful that it won’t last forever. I understand the angle you are coming from.
Honestly, I wish I married earlier and have kid at an early age.
Very painful

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by JASONjnr(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:

You’re beginning to sound like kobojunkie.
What you read on google is different from reality!
cheesy

He's a junkie and I'm not....

Also, it's never a Google experience...

If you couldn't relate to it, doesn't mean you're dump but just don't have experience about growing a family....
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
bonnyhope:

100k in 2 months

That is not bad.....50k/month
minus gas money, nepa bills, in law money,security and all that bills o

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by JASONjnr(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
koladata:
this tomato analyses no go bro, i spent 3mins trying to relate then i dropped it

Very simple.... You're just inexperienced about family aside viewing it as a responsibility...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by kkins25(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
SimpleGuy001:

As for that number 2. Be honest, a vast majority would not. One will only be lucky to find one who has that mindset.

As for me, I’ll carry God along when marriage comes knocking and pray he brings someone who is kind and considerate as a partner.

Kobo exists in another reality. Just like men are conditioned to hypogmy, women are conditioned to hypergamy. Not thats its even a social construct, its something deeper rhan that. Ask 10 women if they want to date their mates, lets see. 7 out of 10 will want older men,2 will want same age, and one will want younger man.

Kobojunkie, see below!!! This is the typical Nigerian woman.
UyaiIncomparabl:

Just 100k and you’re here whining? It’s obvious this one didn’t know what he signed up for before he started. Why did you marry when you knew you weren’t ready for that ‘burden of performance’? Later, they will claim you men carry the burden of performance. Why not just carry it with all your strength and stop whining like a cat?

Many married folks and even single people spend way more and don’t breathe a sweat. Divorce your wife if you are tired.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
jaxxy:

u dated a liability and still went ahead to marry a liability and now u come here to complain??

Do u think everybody will marry a liability with their eyes open? Why would u marry sm1 who can't pay her bills or support u when u need it?

Marriage is not about responsibilities or paying bills that is Bondage not Marriage.

God says a wife is a helpmate if u go and marry a stress mate that's ur cup of tea.

In marriage even if tough times come u both handle it together that no1 feels discouraged. Marriage should add value to u bt we marry the wrong people or have the wrong mindset.

also how u plan ur marriage affects ur future and success even if u marry the right person.

NB: If u date a girl that makes u carry all the whole responsibility or complains too much about money issues while all she brings is pussy or beauty that fades u better run now.

A word Is enough for the Wise.
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Danisaint112(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Igbo men are the only men that know this secret. One reason the mostly marry late. 😂
Igbos are just too smart Sha.

My advice: If you never make am no go jump enter marriage or you will jump out or always want to jump out.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
JASONjnr:
Marriage is more than responsibilities...

Marriage is far from how you view and understand it.

Responsibilities is just a task. Marriage is a command from God.

I didn't understand marriage untill I planted a tomato at the backyard and I was always going every morning to observe and check for changes an watering it.

My friend thought it was all about watering it. But in real sense, it used to bring joy to me seeing that I was able to grow something and it was wonderful...

Need I say that I was stocking alot of it on the fridge and dashed some out? Later I also included pepper to the family and with eggs at home, I was always sure of a good breakfast....

The beautiful seeds the produced.
You can still have those "beautiful seeds" without selling your peace of mind in a court, church or one village like that.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I’ve not added in law money, gas bills, nepa bills, security and other bills. I’m sorting all that separately!
Bro no matter the matter is she contributing or na ur head everything fall put
Haa inlaw money? na dues too? I cut cap for una when dey married. No be joke... It's well

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by kkins25(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The problem is hypogamy and not the agreement itself. That is why i keep telling OP that his problem isn't the marriage.. undecided
Hypogamy, but God created EVE after Abraham? 😂😂😂 Your arguments always find a way to tear themselves apart.
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
kkins25:

Kobojunkie, see below!!! This is the typical Nigerian woman.

You people don’t just like truths. 100k and you are complaining. Wake me up when you start spending over 500K every month on just family expenses. If your skin no full, no put body, abeg. Marriage no be for boys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Allisgud: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
That’s just the fact! When I was a bachelor, I know how much I spend and save every month. Fast forward to when I got married, it’s all about bills, bills and bills.

I just checked my OPay transaction history and I couldn’t believe how much I’ve spent in just two months.

This thing called marriage is just responsibility and nothing more. If you are not financially stable or you have other side hustle that bring extra money,please don’t get married.

My 2 cents!
u stated the fact and oil,most women getting into marriage this days are not doing it for love whatever,they are just looking for who will carry their responsibility BUKATA

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Ellegacy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Marriage is all about responsibility and the children we talk about, after the third generation your thoughts and everyone who remembers you in this World fade. It like you've never existed unless you're very rich and influential and made an impact in your society! So even with that, you don't need children, raising children is not a fulfillment, as in the grand scheme of things we're all irrelevant!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Treassured: 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
I’ve not added in law money, gas bills, nepa bills, security and other bills. I’m sorting all that separately!

Yeah I was wondering when you said 100k In Two Months. I even thought you wanted to say 100k In A Month.

Because as a Bachelor, I spend more than 100k In a Month and na with Manage and serious Calculations😂

I sure know that's Just Primary Bills. It'll surely shoot up when you add the Secondary Bills.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ThatCEO: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Isabi4lov:
As a single lady sef , na so so bills upon bills

I believe say Na True say u dey pay bills, but if u find bf or husband now, one naira of your money, u no go gree spend again.

The same u wey dey pay bills when u single, go suddenly turn stingy because a man is in d picture. Make una dey talk to una selves

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Just 100k and you’re here whining? It’s obvious this one didn’t know what he signed up for before he started. Why did you marry when you knew you weren’t ready for that ‘burden of performance’? Later, they will claim you men carry the burden of performance. Why not just carry it with all your strength and stop whining like a cat?

Many married folks and even single people spend way more and don’t breathe a sweat. Divorce your wife if you are tired.
Lol, easier said than done. How much are you making monthly? And besides I’m not wailing. I’m only saying marriage is about responsibility and it’s not something special like people want us to believe it is

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Kobojunkiee: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
SimpleGuy001:
■ As for that number 2. Be honest, a vast majority would not. One will only be lucky to find one who has that mindset.
■ As for me, I’ll carry God along when marriage comes knocking and pray he brings someone who is kind and considerate as a partner.
1. Stop chasing after the majority and find for yourself a woman willing to share with you in marriage. It is that simple. undecided

2. God already informed you long ago that your marriages are of this world of men and not of the Kingdom of God. Stop dragging His name into wetin no concern Him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
ThatCEO:

I believe say Na True say u dey pay bills, but if u find bf or husband now, one naira of your money, u no go gree spend again.

The same u wey dey pay bills when u single, go suddenly turn stingy because a man is in d picture. Make una dey talk to una selves
Exactly my brother!
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
jaxxy:

u dated a liability and still went ahead to marry a liability and now u come here to complain??

Do u think everybody will marry a liability with their eyes open? Why would u marry sm1 who can't pay her bills or support u when u need it?

Marriage is not about responsibilities or paying bills that is Bondage not Marriage.

God says a wife is a helpmate if u go and marry a stress mate that's ur cup of tea.

In marriage even if tough times come u both handle it together that no1 feels discouraged. Marriage should add value to u bt we marry the wrong people or have the wrong mindset.

also how u plan ur marriage affects ur future and success even if u marry the right person.

NB: If u date a girl that makes u carry all the whole responsibility or complains too much about money issues while all she brings is pussy or beauty that fades u better run now .
Gbamsolutely
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by valencia25(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
That’s just the fact! When I was a bachelor, I know how much I spend and save every month. Fast forward to when I got married, it’s all about bills, bills and bills.

I just checked my OPay transaction history and I couldn’t believe how much I’ve spent in just two months.

This thing called marriage is just responsibility and nothing more. If you are not financially stable or you have other side hustle that bring extra money,please don’t get married.

My 2 cents!

Funny thing you'd keep paying bills and your partner will still never appreciate your efforts. grin

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by JASONjnr(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I can see You are speaking from ur PERSONAL perspective. 😒

But Generally Speaking, Married Guys/Men without strong Financial (Esp in Nigeria) are NOT happy@All. undecided
All their little earned Income, goes into Family Upkeep/BILLS. :
No Savings/Financial Plans for the Next 5 or 10years! embarassed

This is the Point of the OP. 🤨

Ofcoz it's normal in every home that most times things don't just go well and then God will have his way and there will be joy again.

That makes it all fun...

The financial aspect of marriage is basic.

But having plans in your marriage is completely a different ball game if you make a mistake to marry a woman that doesn't have sense or thinks outside the box to improve the home... Coz two heads that is constructively inclined always build good homes.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by nuroegbu(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
You see what I highlighted Dats the useless belief that's been killing men since 1900... Marriage is not, has never and will never be a command from God...
Read your Bible well, it's at will... If ur power no reach, no chuk head....

JASONjnr:
Marriage is more than responsibilities...

Marriage is far from how you view and understand it.

Responsibilities is just a task. Marriage is a command from God.

I didn't understand marriage untill I planted a tomato at the backyard and I was always going every morning to observe and check for changes an watering it.

My friend thought it was all about watering it. But in real sense, it used to bring joy to me seeing that I was able to grow something and it was wonderful...

Need I say that I was stocking alot of it on the fridge and dashed some out? Later I also included pepper to the family and with eggs at home, I was always sure of a good breakfast....

The beautiful seeds the produced.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by kelspinall(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:

You’re beginning to sound like kobojunkie.
What you read on google is different from reality!
cheesy

de mumu just dey write nonsense,am suprised you mentioned kobojunkie indeed he's a junkie,

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by kelspinall(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
nothing but reality
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Squirrel1(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?
boss grin u don try. God go bless u. Bust 100 in 2 months still small o.. do more. Enjoy ur marriage, fam 👍

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by Adexgentle005(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Allisgud:
u stated the fact and oil,most women getting into marriage this days are not doing it for love whatever,they are just looking for who will carry their responsibility BUKATA
That’s it my brother!
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by bonnyhope: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
God bless you . This shows that you’re a responsible man
Not all men are lucky to have women that ‘support’ financially, even if she does, you should not rely on that 100% .
Hmm. . But ehn 100k in two months as a married man is very fair o.

It’s far more easier to save as a single man.

How? When you’re single, you only spend what you want , you can ignore billings you’re not comfortable with , no one can compel u except you’re generous or a simp. infact you can decide to be extremely thrifty , and it’s more easier to adjust and adapt to any situation. You can decide to suspend morning and afternoon food, you can decide not to sub to cable, you can decide to even sleep if you have little change in your account. It’s easier to take risk and you’re open to different opportunities.

But when you’re married, it’s impossible to do all that. No matter how wicked you are , you can’t watch your own wife and kids go hungry , 90% of time , you’ll have to consider your family before taking any decisions.
Except you’re financial buoyant , you can’t just buy any cloths, shoes, for yourself. You can’t go to expensive restaurant without thinking about what to give your family the next day .

If you have money in your acct, you’ll still be scared , 70% of time you’ll be experiencing heart palpitations, you’ll not want them to lack.

Technically as a man, when you marry, you’ve given up your freedom and comfort for others.

That’s why , a man needs to be smart and ‘prayerful’ while choosing life partner , not all women worth these sacrifices.

You have said it ALL
Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
Lol, easier said than done. How much are you making monthly? And besides I’m not wailing. I’m only saying marriage is about responsibility and it’s not something special like people want us to believe it is

Trust me, if you had money, you wouldn’t be here complaining. You would have had greater worries than money. If you aren’t ready for responsibilities, ball out. What did you think you signed up for when you decided to walk the path of marriage? Drinking tea and bread? Wake up.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by GenSpecifics: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
My brother I couldn’t believe I’ve spent 100k in just two months. Money for this, money for that. It’s really crazy out there! Sometimes I think about that too, is it not better to be single and have peace of mind?

100k in 2 months in this freaking economy ?

Dem suppose give you award as miser of the year.

100k I use to spend on a weekend on myself when the naira was worth something back when I was a bachelor

Your problem is that you are a broke nigga and a miser to boot.

Comot from here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by ThatCEO: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
my brother I’ve stopped myself. I just said I should look at my transaction history and I saw money in and money out. It’s not like [b]I’m even spending the money on myse[/b]lf!

All d thing wey u talk, Na dis one pain me pass. Not like I am married but I relate with this type of spending when u are not even spending it on yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. by JASONjnr(m): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
Adexgentle005:
How is marriage more than responsibilities? Go broke and watch how your wife disrespect you and call you all kind of names. Then you will know marriage is not more than responsibilities.

You just profiled the entire women... O'wrong

I've met women that will go broke with you and ensure that things work out.

Not all women stand up to abuse men... Some also go out to cut on the house expenses to bring back a balance.

If you go and marry a woman that never loved you had made it clear she wasn't going to suffer and you tmdidnt know what it means ..then that is far from the discussion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

"My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot / Nigerian Couple Who Welcomed Sextuplets After 17 Years Of Marriage In New Photos / Help Me To Appreciate My Wife In This Tough Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.