Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux (51069 Views)

Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 / Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Unilever Nigeria Plc Reports 72.95% Decline In Pre-tax Profit As Economy Bites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Jozilinn: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
They should leave sunlight now, anyways their products are quite expensive they were supposed to cut cost you can never see sunlight in small detergent it's hard...Viva is everywhere cos it's cheaper and has quality too.

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by bestman09(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
APC and Buhari happened to them.

We are in a situation of the survival of the fittest

4 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by sunsplash99(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
SPF247:
Time to float my company and beat magik company hands down, who knows the formula? Let's partner grin
Let's talk on the partnership
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by KingKO22: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
K
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by rajiedreez: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
Na competitors kill these products not the economy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by motionarena: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
But i like sunlight cry
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by davidtemi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.
Exactly d point. Some top level managers do nothing in their offices for d whole day and earn millions, while u give 45k to d guys doing most of the job

7 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by jojothaiv(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dagger111:
Aafi Unilever na, una go see Unikidney soon.

Anyday why i hit this FTC enh... i will send a token airtime to everyone underneath my comment. Quote me.
not under you however, I'd like to be one of the lucky one.

Na bar I need to call one or two people, I go sort out the remaining.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by mkoabiola: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
My favorite lx was sold for N800 at twins faja

N850 at GB

I Shock ooo

I jus buy dudu osu. Jejely

5 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Shopable: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.

Did you see their financial?
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by system21: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
Before Buhari all this products were doing well. it's quite unfortunate that those who destroyed the country have also rigged their way in power again. Can Nigeria survive it this time again? Time will tell

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by MTHBOSS(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is another bad omen for the Nigeria economy.

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by seunlayi(m): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2023

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Angelfrost(m): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Apart from Sunlight, the others won't be missed!

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by OmonnakOdapig: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
So no Lux Soap again. 🤤😪😥😥😥😥😥☹️ Glad l still gat JoySoap; Imperial leather, and Dettol soap. Cant use any other soap to bathe especially all these Nonsense soap that interfere with my Melanin protection & Lighten & Bleach my sensitive skin like Eva & Tura unless maybe its strictly Dove Soap (to go with my Dove or Nivea deodorant spray) and/or Johnsons soap but e nor too common like that for naija . l am team lux lala. Or buy joy, imperial or dettol soap instead. The day these 4 major soaps are phased out, na to pack comot from naija na remain 😂😁🤣 or to buy enuf abroad soap anytym person dey enter naija cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by tonididdy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

You have said a lot, yet said nothing.

... and who told you waw dey cash@?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by kaludestiny10(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
The three products are redundant in the sense that people have stopped making using of the products. So the company is now running at a loss by producing those products.
Its better for them to channel their resources on products that are salable presently.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Miles300: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
Sapa bien merci don hold Unilever

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by BBQZ: 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
Chai! Wetin i go use replace sunlight detergent now ??
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by telleyway: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

You sure don't know what you are saying. Most multinational corporations valued their standard and wouldn't compromise for anything. They are not after making 100% profit at the detriment of quality. They also have international standard for staff renumeration.
It's a pity that our country's economy is getting worse everyday all thanks to bad economic policies by the myopic federal government and it's agencies.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by JetStar: 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Competitors will fill in the gap

🤣🤣

Just like they filled the gap when the airline's decided to leave Nigeria uh? Keep praising mediocrity later you go dey wonder why China be world factory and why dem better pass Nigeria. Dry head.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Golan007: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Fut9ure:
Like i said nothing gets me angry about Nigeria anymore
I will keep celebrating 🍾 bad news in Nigeria whichever way it comes be it banditry, herdsmen, suffering, unemployment
Business environment have been very tough for organisations and yet some wicked souls still voted for Apc
I notice that Nigerians are sick
The tribalism that was hidden in the foundations of our country have come out fully

The South west is completely gone when it comes to tribalism..they are too tribalistic
See the way they will quote me and tag me igbo

Am from Edo state...a Bini.the four major candidates were from the the three major tribe...atiku hausa, kwankwaso hausa, tinubu yorubas and obi igbo
So we south south were the people to judge them and choose wisely knowing fully well the hell Nigerians have been through and we did without tribalism. We choose obi
Obi was the right man but south west ruined everything with tribalism

What suddenly changed their hatred for Apc and Buhari administration to love

I thought we were going through hell...please to the rest of us not sick please lets celebrate and pop champagne whenever we start experiencing the hell we went through during Buhari's tenure again...no pity please

Hahaha

Since you all want to be sick

So tinubu got more than ten thousand votes after what we were aware of. The dementia, parkinson disease, not physically fit and mentally fit. Not aware of his environment. Even Oshiomhole was angry and reminded him that national anthem is going on

Wow
Nigerians are sick

A friend of mine in South Africa once said that if tinubu gets more than ten thousand votes it means we are sick

Your friend in SA is sick.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by iyatrustee(f): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
nymphomaniac:
OMO lost its market share to Klin and Ariel. Sunlight didn’t really do well compared to its own competitors.

As for Lux, the battle was lost years ago sadly.

Very true. Omo did well and was the favorite during the days of Elephant blue detergent but couldn't withstand Ariel and Klin cheesy

As for Lux, didn't even know it was still in the market sef when Eva, dettol, safeguard soap and the likes dey lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Fut9ure: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
Golan007:

He was right

Nigerians are sick
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Stanislause94: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Golan007:

you’re raving mad
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Lyfdiscvry91(f): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Oh dear! Nothing really last forever,no wonder I haven't seen my sunlight detergent in the market recently Nigeria has finally happened to you. I will miss you .
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Golan007: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Fut9ure:

He was right

Nigerians are sick

Yeah, once they don't vote your useless candidate, they are sick.

A man that did absolutely nothing for the stae he governed.

Abeg shift.

The people spoke with one voice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Who's still bathing 🧼 with lux... though sunlight is a nice washing detergent but they just can't stand competition. Omo is nonsense after they stop producing the paper pack Omo

Period

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Golan007: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Stanislause94:
you’re raving mad

Nah man.

Your true father is mad.

The one your mother claims is only suffering leprosy.

Bastard.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by 07kjb: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

See how daft u are

7 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by mariahAngel(f): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
No! Not my Lux. No! 🥺
My darling pink moisturizing Lux. 🌺🌸

GudPpleG8Nation:
Lux would be missed the most, especially the varieties.

I swear.
They were even already scarce before now. 🌼

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
No thank you to the useless country and her leaders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Trade Center Abuja On Fire (Photos, Video) / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video) / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.