Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux (51068 Views)

Unilever Nigeria Reports Significant Revenue And Profit Growth In 2023 / Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Unilever Nigeria Plc Reports 72.95% Decline In Pre-tax Profit As Economy Bites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Chetas81(m): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.
bless you man
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Albertgr8: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2023
Idiotic company instead of tell the world that the economy is not favourable again simple the were busy writing big grammar this the problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by fotadmowmend(m): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
But wic shop Cele people will start giving yahoo boys now that LUX is going
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by oneMalik: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Your brain is working !

Had to see people responding well to issues like this in Nigeria presently.... Instead they prefer not to see any good in the country and blame govt. For everything.

Kudos

maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Sometimes I wonder why all these big multinationals can't do what other smaller companies are doing to survive undecided

See smaller brands like waw,viva, good mama,unik bathing soap, hawaii soap, Eva soap are all cashing out and making huge sales in this bad economy nah him Unilever dey phase out some household products. Nah wa

These big companies should better stop paying all these their staffs fat salaries for doing nothing undecided

They should divert those monies to marketing. They should recruit boys and girls on the street and use them to do aggressive marketing. Can't they learn from the way waw they do street marketing.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by We4all: 9:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
Cromagnon:
you want to compare their quality?

Ogbeni, no more quality. Klin, Ariel and Omo used to be superb but not anymore. With the upsurge of brands like Waw, Good Mama which are of lower quality but much in quantity, the average Nigerian would rather choose quantity over quality. This has forced those big brands to conform to the trends. They now produce detergent of lower quality which leaves much to be desired.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by alizma: 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

So you know that every product has life span, if those product have reach the climax of their lives' span, there is nothing you can do than to honor them with a glorious exit. I am almost 100% sure that Omo and lux are older than you.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by machine606: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dagger111:
Aafi Unilever na, una go see Unikidney soon.

Anyday why i hit this FTC enh... i will send a token airtime to everyone underneath my comment. Quote me.
I always see this and I wonder if people are paid handsomely for FTC
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by chaloskyx: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dont worry BAT would help us through this troubling times abi dont you agree my yoruba bigots?
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by SirLakes: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Na you dey help those smaller companies manage their account that you know they are cashing out..... You just conclude they are cashing out.....who told you dey are cashing out....who!!!! grin grin grin

Dey play oooo

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by SirLakes: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
chaloskyx:
Dont worry BAT would help us through this troubling times abi dont you agree my yoruba bigots?

If they abuse this cone headed person now.... you'll cry that nairaland is toxic grin grin grin
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by mkoabiola: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Grocery bazaar (GB) dey write price like say Na import them dey import their own products... Most products there are more expensive than other malls or even aboki shop, I wonder what they are thinking

Na Justrite dey run am for me now o...those ones dey give discount wella, just that they don't have much people at the payment point, line go come long like those wey wan vote
Na that GB bread make me de patronize them

Thier prices are on d high side
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by XAUBulls: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
dipoolowoo:

https://businesspost.ng/economy/unilever-nigerias-market-exit-to-affect-omo-sunlight-lux/
Yup! There's a lot of competition in that niche.

So, cost-cutting measures are key factors to stay as a market leader.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by COMPAQ(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Never heard of those products you mentioned. Companies making super cheap crap for poor Nigerians also lace these products with unregulated chemicals that can kill you slowly.

Same thing with biscuits you see in Nigeria. All flat and tasting like cardboard with loads of sugar just to make it sweet. And mostly made in places like Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Surinam etc When last did you see a rich, British made cookie in the shops. Even Nigerian made is a struggle.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
The company that allegedly sold Nigeria to Britain

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by We4all: 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
telleyway:

You sure don't know what you are saying. Most multinational corporations valued their standard and wouldn't compromise for anything. They are not after making 100% profit at the detriment of quality. They also have international standard for staff renumeration.
It's a pity that our country's economy is getting worse everyday all thanks to bad economic policies by the myopic federal government and it's agencies.

Which quality are you talking about? Omoh detergent and all those detergents manufactured by big brands had to conform to the routines of the average Nigerian which is quantity over quality. Ariel, Klin and Omo that used to be of very high quality now leave much to be desired.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
COMPAQ:

Never heard of those products you mentioned. Companies making super cheap crap for poor Nigerians also lace these products with unregulated chemicals that can kill you slowly.

Same thing with biscuits you see in Nigeria. All flat and tasting like cardboard with loads of sugar just to make it sweet. And mostly made in places like Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Surinam etc When last did you see a rich, British made cookie in the shops. Even Nigerian made is a struggle.
Rich British made cookie? What is that? Stop all this colonial nonsense
What about Rich IJebu made Ojojo in Tesco??
Or Hausa made Kilishi in Asda??
How does British made cookie create jobs for Nigerian youth?
Is cookie even a British word? No it isn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Eriokanmi: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Competitors will fill in the gap
Yes, with substandard brands. Their exit means throwing more people into the labour market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Yes, with substandard brands. Their exit means throwing more people into the labour market
Not necessarily Nigerians can buy the brands. They are popular already
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Eriokanmi: 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
omonnakoda:

Not necessarily Nigerians can buy the brands. They are popular already
can you compare Coca-Cola products with all the popular colas which have polluted our market today? They were nonexistent when Nigeria was still Nigeria. Same goes with omo and other detergents

Pour a handful of omo in a bowl of water and it forms ladder in no time. The look of your dress would impress you after the wash. You can't try same with the detergents we have today. They're clothing bleaching chemicals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Edoziesmart(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
eliyke:
how u take knw say waw sef Neva dey reason of closing down?
What an irony

Waw can't close down because they are one of the top company that produce consumable detergent for home use.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by We4all: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
Now that we are on this topic, which soap can a dark skin use that will clear blemishes and acne but will not lighten the skin? I have come to realize that it is very difficult for a dark skin to maintain an even and spot free complexion without using a product that lightens the skin.

If you go to the supermarket, you will find soaps that contains pawpaw, kojic acid and other lightening products. Unfortunately, without these lightening agents, your journey to a glowing skin as a dark skinned will be in vain. So, I need inputs on the type of soap which is best for dark skin without bleaching the skin.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by chaloskyx: 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
Better abuse me well o my own is sha BAT must solve this problem by moving us from consumption to production lol
SirLakes:

If they abuse this cone headed person now.... you'll cry that nairaland is toxic grin grin grin
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by victorVIC1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

The companies you mentioned are not small companies. Waw for example is produced by Henkel, a huge multinational in the chemical sector and Viva by Aspira.

The challenge is more connected to the supply chain and not the demand pool in the market. These companies you mentioned are equally feeling the heat of our challenging economic environment and also the ripple effect of the global energy crisis. Suppliers of raw materials in the sector are forced to sourced for FX from black market due to the lingering FX crisis. This inturn is having a huge effect on the cost of production, in some cases too high to be charged to the selling prices.

A lot of companies are struggling to survive and unfortunately, similar occurrences are bound to happen in the coming quarters if there is no improvement in the situation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
mariahAngel:
No! Not my Lux. No! 🥺
My darling pink moisturizing Lux. 🌺🌸

I swear.
They were even already scarce before now. 🌼

Yes, very beautiful but scarce soap.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by EbubeMiraclee: 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dagger111:
Aafi Unilever na, una go see Unikidney soon.

Anyday why i hit this FTC enh... i will send a token airtime to everyone underneath my comment. Quote me.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by BarrElChapo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2023
maleekberry:
It's a pity undecided

Can you compare Sunlight to any of the viva or mama gold?

2 Likes

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by We4all: 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Eriokanmi:
can you compare Coca-Cola products with all the popular colas which have polluted our market today? They were nonexistent when Nigeria was still Nigeria. Same goes with omo and other detergents

Pour a handful of omo in a bowl of water and it forms ladder in no time. The look of your dress would impress you after the wash. You can't try same with the detergents we have today. They're clothing bleaching chemicals

I don't think you have been using detergents lately. Omo doesn't form lather easily like it used to. Same with Ariel and Klin. Infact, I never used to purchase all those low quality detergents but recently, I realized that Ariel, Omo and Klin don't lather anymore so I stopped using them.

And as for the Coca-Cola Products you mentioned, there is nothing special about them as other companies are giving them a run for their money. In fact, I drank a Coke competitor drink today and it tasted better than Coke.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by COMPAQ(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
omonnakoda:

Rich British made cookie? What is that? Stop all this colonial nonsense
What about Rich IJebu made Ojojo in Tesco??
Or Hausa made Kilishi in Asda??
How does British made cookie create jobs for Nigerian youth?
Is cookie even a British word? No it isn't

Well, until we make it well enough for the export market our products won't go mainstream, except to the shelves of African stores in those countries.
To be honest I have no issues eating kilishi and stuff in our local way, but unfortunately that doesn't work for Tesco and it's like. It's has to be way better packaged.
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by brownlolly(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Competitors will fill in the gap

They already have. Unilever is moving to greater things.

1 Like

Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by Abiliboi: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Glorious exit of Omo my fav. Bye
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by almarthins(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
Re: Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux by dayoakinns(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Which soap cele people go dey use now .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Trade Center Abuja On Fire (Photos, Video) / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video) / Cosmas Maduka's Wife, Charity Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.